Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I see Marauders!? And a Destroyer!? What's going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Samurai View Post
    It was a bit silly that those two tiny little guns on it's shoulders had higher pow and a larger aoe than the giant cannon the destroyer carries around. And to be fair, you're a lot more likely to use them now that you only drop to arm 19.
    Wasn't the trick in MK2 to not drop ARM but still spam AOEs using Broadside? Anyway, in my opinion the Demolisher is just as badly prized as all of our shooty jacks are - except of Behemoth. They are too expensive, not truly competitive when compared to Big B, especially not since there are no character restrictions at tourneys (mostly).

Annihilator

I... need to buy more warjacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terraz View Post
    I... need to buy more warjacks.
    This is the biggest logistical hurdle for a lot of us - I think a lot of Khadorans don't own that many warjacks yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_GoLu View Post
    We always were the good guys. But sometimes being good requires being good with an axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshhoppo View Post
    I'm going to ask this here, because I've always been confused. Jumpstart affects knocked down or stationary jacks, but the second half (the turn) says that effected models may turn. Does that mean only knock downed models may turn, or all the models may turn? I'm asking because I might actually play Mr. Ham at some point in the future.
    The turning part of Jumpstart is separate from clearing knocked down or stationary, so any of your models in the affected area are able to turn, regardless of their state. Its been clarified in the rules forum here: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ight=jumpstart

So I tried hark this week for the first time. I played a list I thought would be fun not optimized but fun. 2 field gums for knockdowns. And the mauradera for getting threats away from my ranged jacks while knocking them down and slamming them to be shot after the charges.

War Room Army

Khador - Ranged

Theme: No Theme Selected
    75 / 75 Army

Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf - WJ: +28
    - Behemoth - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
    - Black Ivan - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
    - Destroyer - PC: 16
    - Destroyer - PC: 16
    - Marauder - PC: 10
    - Marauder - PC: 10

Winter Guard Field Gun Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 4
    Winter Guard Field Gun Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 4

I played I to CoC. Iron Mother and double Axiom

I was pretty scared from the get go. 4 possible tows against my 6 heavies. Each turn! With reposition I was able to keep shooting and stay safe from the drags. With broadsides because of the low def I as able to hit everytime just not do much damage against colossals. I had only nearly killed one colossal, some support and one assimilator before I won on scenario. With mobility and reposition I only lost one jack to a drag, and sacrificed one marauder to deal with the assimilator that got a lucky ground pound on hark.

Quote Originally Posted by @Kriegsspiele View Post
    I see Marauders!? And a Destroyer!? What's going on there?
    The Destroyer is actually pretty good for ranged threat with all that armor in the way and the Binkistators tag team well with Marauders, running behind enemies so that the Marauders can combo smite enemy heavies into them!

For Harkevich the Destroyer is his baby sitter, hanging back so he can gain iron sentinel while still contributing with his bombard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhe View Post
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyroid View Post
    The turning part of Jumpstart is separate from clearing knocked down or stationary, so any of your models in the affected area are able to turn, regardless of their state. Its been clarified in the rules forum here: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ight=jumpstart
    Thanks for the clarification. I've played it this way - but didn't have a reference until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzilla View Post
    With mobility and reposition I only lost one jack to a drag, and sacrificed one marauder to deal with the assimilator that got a lucky ground pound on hark.
    Nice mini batrep: Mobility and Reposition are indeed amazingly powerful (plus the feat of course).

For Harkevich the Destroyer is his baby sitter, hanging back so he can gain iron sentinel while still contributing with his bombard.
    If we'd have a cheap and (an at least a little bit) effective shooty jack I'd love to play it as a baby sitter, too. Right now I'm using a Juggy during the first turn/s and let the Ogruns be his guards afterwards.

Im wondering if we should try and squeeze in one Rager to babysit hark. Be a shield guard for him, and his constant source of Iron sentinel.

Sadly no tripod - so just a pictured batrep of H1 fighting Caine2 on Twitter: Part 1 and Part 2

Caine ran SW within 2'' of Ruin and one Juggy to apply Ragman's Deathfield - and shoot Ruin to death during his feat. In the following turn(s) H1 feated and his BG (plus a little help of a Bokur) took down SW. Afterwards the last Juggy and the 3 (completely untouched!) Kodiaks destroyed Caine's army entirely.

In short: I herewith declare H1 to be Caine2 approved and as my general Cygnar drop in future.

I still have to testrun H1 vs Haley3, but I don't think she's the punch to get H1 under control. I also want another (then 4th) go against Haley2, but this time with Marauders because in my opinion two Marauders (instead of Ruin and WMM) are the better army build in general. So if I can fight Haley2 without Ruin but Marauders instead I'd be very happy.

PS: It still feels wrong that the biggest loss so far was close to 3 jacks (just like here against Caine2^). I've never lost 3 or even more than 3. Oh, by the way: I've not lost a single game with H1 so far and this was my thirteenth. He's 13:0 in total, including a 4:0 at tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzilla View Post
    Im wondering if we should try and squeeze in one Rager to babysit hark. Be a shield guard for him, and his constant source of Iron sentinel.
    I love the idea a lot - but I didn't find the points to switch one Bokur into a Rager yet.
    Last edited by @Kriegsspiele; 10-24-2016 at 03:59 AM.

In short: I herewith declare H1 to be Caine2 approved and as my general Cygnar drop in future.
    I've never played against Caine 2, but he sounds scary to me, so it's nice to hear about ways to handle him. I guess the cloudwall shut down his assassination? Can Caine teleport behind a cloudwall?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Samurai View Post
    I've never played against Caine 2, but he sounds scary to me, so it's nice to hear about ways to handle him. I guess the cloudwall shut down his assassination? Can Caine teleport behind a cloudwall?
    No and no. Caine2 (and the GMCA!) ignore clouds. Caine2 can't TP and shoot elswhere than into melee.

H1 goes to DEF 16 (20 in cover) and ARM 18 when B2B with a jack (what helps). Besides, Caine2 can't ignore models. That's why there are 2 Bokurs in my list to intercept Shadowfire attacks.

Even more important: Outside of his feat Caine2 can't really deal with ARM. That's why it's been important that this list had SW to be able to deal with ARM in general. But it's not been enough, also there's been Ragman on both sides of the table. ARM 23 once is awesome.

The Hark does seem intriguing choice into Cygnar. I see people using H2 builds that Karchev will struggle with, the combination of Gallant and Haley feat shuts him down hard, Hark has no such weakness.

Caine2 (and the GMCA!) ignore clouds.
    What? Bleh, that's pretty crazy. Also I think he can bring up to 5 shadowfires (2 Gunmage-whatevers, Taryn, Ace)?

Don't do what Dango does. Hark with a swarm of melee jacks can really steamroll forward and does it well with the feat. Everything in the list but the rager has movement game. Two kodiaks, two juggernauts (open fist), and two marauders.....just be careful of sneaky Raeks!

Had victory in his ham filled hands. But took some damage from typhon sprays and his hidden Raek walked around and finished me off lol.

Destroyer of Worlds

Kudos for finally thinking of a way to use Hark, but I have to say I am getting really sick of jack spam everywhere; i think it's awful for the game (a big reason why I can't bring myself to play since MkIII dropped). Still, not to disparage your great work because Hark is one of those casters everyone wants to see do well, I just wish it was in a more balanced style (I mean he IS a jack caster, but I personally can't stand seeing like 6+ Warjacks and barely anything else)
    2017 Goals: Play 20 games of Warmachine/Hordes, participate in 2 local Steamroller Tournaments.

Games Played: 0/20
    Tournaments: 0/2

Quote Originally Posted by wayniac View Post
    Kudos for finally thinking of a way to use Hark, but I have to say I am getting really sick of jack spam everywhere; i think it's awful for the game (a big reason why I can't bring myself to play since MkIII dropped). Still, not to disparage your great work because Hark is one of those casters everyone wants to see do well, I just wish it was in a more balanced style (I mean he IS a jack caster, but I personally can't stand seeing like 6+ Warjacks and barely anything else)
    Its tough. But there are up sides and down sides to jack "spam." That is why you commonly see one list uilt for it and one for control/or a hard counter to the first list.

Some suggestions to possibly get you to try and play into 6+ jacks again. Depending on what your going into Jacks are generally predicable. (speed and target wise.) You know they need to generally stay in control range, not all jacks are going to be running at max efficiency because of focus issues. Most any decent ranged can knock out a few systems on jacks before they close. If you're facing 6 jacks and nothing else, you can spread out and deny them to do much work each turn.

Jack spam is good and it is bad, I wouldn't give up just because it exists. You just have to alter your play style to overcome it. And lets face it Khador is full of units that are capable of clearing infantry so you only need a few things dedicated for that. We also have options for clearing infantry, and cracking armor(domies, IFP, BDs, WMs great for taking out systems.) Destroyer is not a popular choice but it can clear infantry at range, knock off a few points of heavies at range, or put a serious hurt on a heavy in melee, maybe not one round it, but it will leave it critically wounded on average rolls. We have the Kodiak that clears infantry and scratches up heavies before it throws them out of the zone. Khador is in a great place right now, don't give up yet.

Destroyer of Worlds

I've already given up (variety of reasons, but seeing jack spam everywhere didn't help one bit). Haven't touched the game since MkIII dropped, went back to GW after 15 years of cursing them; better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Still neither here nor there, and I'm glad to see Hark and Khador good but I hate that it went from one extreme (one Warjack, and that was a "tax") to the opposite (Warjacks everywhere).
    2017 Goals: Play 20 games of Warmachine/Hordes, participate in 2 local Steamroller Tournaments.

I've had some relatively good success with this version of my Harkevich list:

(Harkevich 1) Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf [+28]
    - Behemoth [24]
    - Black Ivan [19]
    - Juggernaut [12]
    - Devastator [14]
    - Devastator [14]
    Widowmaker Scouts [8]
    Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]
    Kell Bailoch [5]
    Widowmaker Marksman [4]

The sniper corps takes out arc nodes or high arm infantry from across the board, the min unit of mechaniks are there to either repair early range damage on the jacks or be late contesters of zones / flags. The devastators hold the zones / flags and clear out high def infantry as needed. I normally hold back Behemoth and Black Ivan and can get a decent shot at late game assassinations through either range attacks or Behemoth armor piercing things.

I've already given up (variety of reasons, but seeing jack spam everywhere didn't help one bit). Haven't touched the game since MkIII dropped, went back to GW after 15 years of cursing them; better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Still neither here nor there, and I'm glad to see Hark and Khador good but I hate that it went from one extreme (one Warjack, and that was a "tax") to the opposite (Warjacks everywhere).
    I have to say, one of the reasons I originally chose Khador (in Mk. II) was because of the infantry. Now, I'm still keen to play infantry lists (Irusk2, etc.) but I also figure that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Playing warjack-lists is pretty cool too. Still, I feel I should keep my working with my infantry lists. While warjacks are powerful and everyone is still fielding swarms of them, they can be sometimes just too clumsy and too few in numbers to win the day.

... Now that I think about it, I guess I'm the inverse of most Khador-players. I joined because of the infantry but stayed for the warjacks.

Here's something I like:

Harkevich1 +28
    -Black Ivan -19
    -Torch -18
    -Kodiak -13
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Rager -11
    Ogrun Bokur -5
    Gobber Tinker -2
    Battle Mechaniks (min) -3
    WG Field Gun -4
    WG Field Gun -4

So you have 2 Shield Guards, 1 of which can run in if needed. Stealth removal, KD on a stick to be annoying or maximize the use of free charges (i.e., no worry about boosting to hit), alt source of KD with the Kodiak's Chain Attack, and some heals for your Shield Guards and whatever might get shot up on the way in. Oh and a cloud!

Iron Sentinel cures the one thing I would otherwise want to adjust for: having a Clamjack to hide behind to protect vs KD, and having it apply on B2B is amazing since it'd still apply if something like Kreoss's feat KDs the jack.

I'd sorta like to have a source of Girded (probably Mechanik UA, who also repairs the Rager) but maybe that's worrying overly when you're almost always going to have a way to be ARM 18 and camping 2-3 (ARM 21 on feat, but probably camping 0-1 instead, just cuz that's the perfect time to cast Mobility and load the Juggernauts up more). I would consider Demolisher if it wasn't imo overpriced for what you get. If I wanted something else to stick close to (besides the Rager or Black Ivan, both of which work perfectly well) I'd probably just replace the Rager with a Devastator and park it toeing into a zone with Hark behind it in B2B.

Another thing I am toying with but have yet to try is:

Hark1 +28
    -Reinholdt -4
    -Black Ivan -19
    -Behemoth -24
    -Torch -18
    -Kodiak -13
    -Rager -11
    Field Gun x2 -8
    Mechanics (min) + UA -6

Similar notions, except heavier on the guns, more stealth removal, less safety vs shooting, but with a source of Girded. Trade off is 2 fewer dedicated melee heavies, which, okay, they don't fully benefit from the feat, but the +ARM and free charges are good enough. I think it's a bit less safe since you have quite a bit fewer heavy boxes, and it depends somewhat more on getting Behemoth in with multiple heavies or the caster on feat turn, though she'll scrap em fully loaded.

I cannot wait for our Empower bot MOW, I think these are lists that could really use them, replacing the guns and/or some of the repairs.
    Last edited by Zelbinnean; 11-01-2016 at 08:34 AM.

I looked at the game and saw giant stompy robots and that is what got me to play.
    I was trying to make Hark and jacks work in mk2. I'm in love with the fact he makes them dance like Baryshnikov. There were jack spam's in Mk2. Synergy lists for example. And beast heavy lists due to the fury mechanic. It was just something we couldn't even consider. You took beast 09 or ruin or ran butcher 3x3. That was it. Now I can run lists with both. I'm loving it. I do miss fortune of Hark though. It meant a unit of something were great to run.

Sorry to here that, i actually got out of 40k since MKIII dropped. I'm not sure what game you're playing of GW but the insanity that has become the 7th edition of 40k is too much for me. I really liked Warmachine in MkII but didn't know enough people to get fully into it, since then my FLGS has had a huge upswing of players and events, so I took the leap.

I loved the idea of Hark in MkII I bought him and never even used him, I think because he was so cool lookng, and the idea of Khador having more than 1-2 jacks was something I wanted to happen. So now in MKIII its not only possible, but encouraged, and at times very effective. So I have to say its a win for me. Unfortunately, being late to the party in MKII and not fully committing until MKIII I still do not own a single Kodiak for the Hark list I would like to play.

Kudos for finally thinking of a way to use Hark, but I have to say I am getting really sick of jack spam everywhere; i think it's awful for the game (a big reason why I can't bring myself to play since MkIII dropped).
    What you're saying and doing is exactly what people in my local and regional meta are saying and doing. The 9th edition and even AoS are going strong here lately because a lot of people hate SpamK3 and are feeling betrayed by PP. Even so much that they are moving back to GW - what's amazing in my opinion.

Still, I haven't yet seen someone spamming (massively) under H1!?

Personally, I'm playing the Kodiak 3 times in my list. And yes, that's spam in my opinion. And my list^ definitely is a jack skew - but I'm "only" playing 3x Kodiak, 2x Juggy + 2x Marauder or 1x Ruin. - But well, I'm indeed thinking about removing one Kodiak because way too many people (even competitive players!) are complaining about the list.

Anyway, I've finally lost my first game with H1 (17:1 now), but it's been "on purpose": I played him into Ossyan (2x MHSF, 2x HRT) - and well, he easily shot 3 Kodiaks under his feat and 2x MHSF mini feats. The Strike Force should have "only" done 88 boxes, but did 106 (the additional boxes on Ruin).

I knew this wouldn't work well but I wanted to see if it's possible to win with the remaining 3 heavies - but it isn't. With the help of the HRT and Stormfall Archers the MHSF still managed to grind down the other heavies during the following turns. It's dice -10 but they are still doing 0.5 DMG on average - and of course spike.

There maybe (!) is a very (!) small (!) chance depending on the scenario, but in my opinion the Ossyan player will almost always be able to sit Hark's feat out (with the MHSF spread out and more than 15'' away from the Kodiaks) - and remove 3 heavies afterwards if you're going first and feating instantly.

Besides, I don't see any game against a melee Issyria build: her feat turn should be just as devastating as Ossyan's! And then there are Vyros1 and Vyros2 who both not only ignore clouds but bring the relevant punch, too.

So in general: H1 is a great caster and very well able to run a jack skew against a lot of lists out there - but definitely not against Retribution. Too many of Ret's usually brought lists are countering Harkevich strongly. With Ossyan and Vyros2 there's even a pairing that's countering Harkevich! - In other words: your 2nd list has to be able to deal with Scyrah.

Personally, my little group is loving mk 3; we all joined to play small, elite battlegroups with some infantry support and have found for control scenarios, you do need to field a combined arms build to remain versatile and able to operate in any scenario, especially control zone related ones where the last thing you want is your caster stuck in the middle of the board just so he can reach his or her entire battlegroup. Predictable locations kinda screams to be assassinated by gunlines.

• The Dwarf player and I are probably the happiest as with power up we finally have the focus to run a battlegroup efficiently, and he is loving Ossrum and all the Rhulic jacks (one of everything except the Earthbreaker).
    • One of the merc players, bored of having mastered his Magnus2 list, has branched out into Circle and is presently experimenting with Doppler bark animus + farrow razorback combos, with warpwolves of each flavor.
    • Our Khador infantry specialist from mk 2 is quite happy all in all, alternating between jugger-spam or infantry-centric builds full of iron fangs and winter guard.
    • The Elf player is only just starting to look into infantry, and the Protectorate player seems happy with his jack gunline + choir list, with three different casters to choose from.
    • The filthy Swan seems to have found his one-size-fits-all-casters list as well as one that features a sizable unit of Stormblades. The Cyclone is starting to grow on him too, though the Avenger seems to be his favorite due to its versatility.

...Then again we're a pretty casual group, and none of us are prepping for any major Steamrollers or tournaments.
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

In Socal I only have one person I know that doesn't like the jack spam stuff.. and this is a guy that plays carver so... I mean he regularly plays 4 warhogs. Everyone else likes the ability to play jacks, I've lost to an irusk2 list with a hark list consisting of 8 jacks. I've lost games with both of my jack heavy lists (neither of them have more than 2 of any one jack, I don't see the point when we have so much variety). Ret really doesn't find the jack thing very hard to deal with... I just don't see the issue. In fact I feel like this is what we as a community have asked for for so long.. you can really run any kind of list and play it right now.

Anyway onto the mini batrep. Was at a tournament yesterday and got just one game in with my H2 list, played 2 other games with Z2.
    H2 list: hark, 2jug, kodiak, ruin, marauder, demolisher, alten, widows, wmm, kell.
    Played against Demoncalibres Gaspy1 list. He ran up most of his stuff, including those new dead crows (that don't give souls.. dern it). I did the standard mobility, move everything up, put hark behind a forest in b2b with ruin about 17" up the board. Put 4 of my 6 jacks defensively in a line on either side of ruin with some space between... put a juggernaut a little closer to hark than another jack. I'd never played against this kind of gaspy 1 list before. He had 2 stalkers being run by aiakos (with escort). He said he was going to assassinate me.. got his arcnode past my wall of jacks and into a spot he could see hark's back. Boosted a leech on me, brought me to 1 focus, boosted a parasite on me, and then leeched again (and hellfired I think).. at the end of all of this hark was at armor 16/15 and I think he had done like 5 damage. Then the stalker walked 9 and jumped 5 into my back arc with scything touch on (now armor 13 for those of you keeping track), missed his first 2 attacks and did like 12 damage with his last, leaving me on 3 miraculously. He also had a shot with orin so he ran a crow up to the juggernaut I mentioned earlier to get range for orin, then hit the shot.. which only bounced once into the juggernaut.
    I then proceeded to kill him since he had no focus.
    What I'm trying to point out here is that sometimes, really stupidly amazing luck can let you win at a tournament, despite brain dead placement. I was dead 3 ways to sunday there and Demon just couldn't roll a 7 to save his life (or end mine). Don't put hark in a spot that he can be hit with an arcnode and a stalker.. just dont do it.

Conqueror

Harkevich1 (Kommander Harkevich The Iron Wolf )

Demolisher
    Demolisher
    Demolisher
    Demolisher
    Demolisher

Kovnik Andrei Malakov+Juggernaut

Gobber Tinker

Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor

What do you think about this? I think claimjack are the key with hark. And demolisher are claimjack that can actually shoot. So with mobility and reposition you send them in the middle of your opposite's army (ARM 26under feat guys) and then broadside enemy to death. Actually, the only thing claimjack lacks is armor cracking. Maybe Malakov+juggernaut can be an idea? With the thinker around the juggy can reach pretty safe the enemy even if under redline... Orin is for anti-magic, but you can add something else.

Do you think this could work?

Quote Originally Posted by Khador Jack View Post
    Harkevich1 (Kommander Harkevich The Iron Wolf )

Demolisher
    Demolisher
    Demolisher
    Demolisher
    Demolisher

Kovnik Andrei Malakov+Juggernaut

Gobber Tinker

Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor

What do you think about this? I think claimjack are the key with hark. And demolisher are claimjack that can actually shoot. So with mobility and reposition you send them in the middle of your opposite's army (ARM 26under feat guys) and then broadside enemy to death. Actually, the only thing claimjack lacks is armor cracking. Maybe Malakov+juggernaut can be an idea? With the thinker around the juggy can reach pretty safe the enemy even if under redline... Orin is for anti-magic, but you can add something else.

Do you think this could work?
    Hard to say, but I've found broadsides used with the shoot n close-up again trick is gonna be tricky due to order of activation. A lot of things look good on paper, but the only way ye can be certain is to proxy and try out the list (or do what I do and doggedly stick to one list for years to try and make it work.)

Hard to say, but I've found broadsides used with the shoot n close-up again trick is gonna be tricky due to order of activation.
    Yeah, after you advance the Demolishers, you can't make them attack with Broadside without opening them up. Once you attack with them, they remain open until their next activation, which means you need to Broadside before the Demos activate. Of course, if you do open them up, with Hark's Feat they'd be ARM 22, so you could just shoot with them in their own activation. 15 shots should do something and ARM 22 is still pretty high.

Alternatively, I guess you could Feat*, then activate Demos, run with them to endure the opponent's turn with ARM 26 and then finally Broadside on your next turn when there are targets in range. And then keep on Broadsiding before Demos activate the turn after. No idea if that would work. I wouldn't like to advance forward without serious offense but then again, I don't own Hark and I don't have any Demolishers.

*And Broadside now, if (that's a big "if") there are enough targets in range. But not too many targets. Since if there are too many that would mean there's no need run forward. That would be a very specific situation.
    Last edited by RedCommander; 11-08-2016 at 03:28 PM.

I kinda wish I had unlimited $$$ just to play the mad dog Karchev swarm as list one and Harkevich double Victor/Behemoth as the other.
    Mk3 Tourney Record:
    Kaelyssa 13-2/Helynna 4-2/Elara2 2-1
    Zaal2 3-0/Rasheth 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by joelker41 View Post
    I kinda wish I had unlimited $$$ just to play the mad dog Karchev swarm as list one and Harkevich double Victor/Behemoth as the other.
    There are 2 fresh videos in the Harkevich Battle Report playlist, featuring H1 with two Viktors. Both games didn't really impress me: jack heavy builds would have most probably worked better. Here's Bubba Dalton playing, find the 2nd vid at: http://j.mp/H1batreps

Try Harkevich with Marauders with a Binkistator or three. Bloody vicious, them.

Try Harkevich with Marauders with a Binkistator or three. Bloody vicious, them.
    I did/do run Marauders but am missing Ruin then.
    When running Clams I'm missing Kodiaks or Juggies (or Ruin).

There are 2 fresh videos in the Harkevich Battle Report playlist, featuring H1 with two Viktors. Both games didn't really impress me: jack heavy builds would have most probably worked better. Here's Bubba Dalton playing, find the 2nd vid at: http://j.mp/H1batreps

That's the issue with Hark builds, he's a skew. Quit trying to play infantry with him Not what he is for
    Mk3 Tourney Record:
    Kaelyssa 13-2/Helynna 4-2/Elara2 2-1
    Zaal2 3-0/Rasheth 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by joelker41 View Post
    That's the issue with Hark builds, he's a skew. Quit trying to play infantry with him Not what he is for
    I'm playing 6/7 jacks with him? Anyway, I think colossals aren't a good idea for him because Repo is such a super strong ability.

Getting more Cygnar games in with the current Harkevich load out. 2 kodiaks, 2 juggernauts, 2 marauders, and a Rager. Really good at jamming on them. On feat turn the cav scratch the paint. Watch out though, Stryker and Gibbs get along really well. Going super saiyan on 3 dice and eating a hot meal to get down to 0 is going to hurt. Its actually the only thing that killed a jack this game.

I kept putting on the pressure and managed to damage his stuff, not really killing it. But I left a hole, forcing him to go for the longball. It got dicey and he powered up on two dice to go for the final run on harkevich. But with iron sentinel he had to hit both times and it required boosting. Couldn't get the 9 on the second attack and he called the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dango View Post
    Couldn't get the 9 on the second attack and he called the game.

Good to hear it worked against Stryker, too.

Destroyer of Worlds

So I'm curious. I've been eyeing Hark as again, he's a caster I absolutely love (although I read somewhere in some of the newer fluff he turns into less a "man of the people"?). I'm curious @Kriegsspiele why you're taking Kodiaks with him. Mobility already grants Pathfinder, and the Kodiak has IMHO low damage output, so to my untrained eye it seems like he is not benefiting them at all; it seems like maybe Devastators might be better (albeit 1 point more for each so something would have to be dropped) so you have the huge ARM skew on the feat turn. Are the Kodiaks for the clouds and Reposition to create a cloud wall with an ARM 20 heavy sitting behind it?

Are the Kodiaks for the clouds and Reposition to create a cloud wall with an ARM 20 heavy sitting behind it?
    It's not only the cloud wall! Kodiaks...

- make a cloud wall
    - remove infantry in droves
    - hit amazingly well and
    - throw heavies from 10'' away - besides
    - engaging from 15'' (!) away!

The Kodiak is our very best jack (looking at abilities and cost) - and H1 makes it even better thanks to Repo, Mobility, feat!

Destroyer of Worlds

how does it engage from 15", by running? But if it runs then it can't do anything, I suppose the idea there would be to do that on feat turn perhaps, to weather the assault and then retaliate after, or to run full steam into infantry that can't hurt it so they can't shoot or to engage them and the next turn Vent Steam to clear them? Remember I have only played like one game of MkIII so I am a bit rusty, so apologies if I don't understand what you mean at first

Sure, it's by running. We're not that fast, yet.

And yes, you'll do this under feat. It's particularly great against shooting armies like Sloan's. The Hunters won't do much anymore after being engaged for example. But it's awesome against some melee heavies, too: the Kodiaks will get hurt, but your other heavies - like Juggies or Ruin - won't and have an awesome next turn.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast