Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wait, now I'm not sure how they engage from 15 away!

You don't get repo on a run, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frey
    Moose don't get angry, they get even
    It is important to note that I am just awful at this game. Seriously, watching me play is like watching Keanu Reeves perform Hamlet. It's funny at first, but then starts to get quietly sad, until you just want to leave the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    Wait, now I'm not sure how they engage from 15 away! You don't get repo on a run, right?
    Nope, although you still get pretty far even with Repo:

Run: 4'' SPD + 2'' Mobility x2 + 2'' Heavy Boiler + 1'' RNG = 15''

Charge/Trample: 4'' SPD + 2'' Mobility + 3'' Charge/Trample + 3'' Repo + 1'' RNG = 13''

Yet another team tourney today. First game with H1 (still my Ruin list^) into Skorne's Rashet. Works well, but it's a hell of an attrition fight. My opponent clocked himself with me still having 17 minutes left. 0 CPs for anyone in Close Quarters. My team mates (Mercs and Legion) won their games, too, so 1:0 for us.

Continued here: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...=1#post3745844

Combatant

Thanks Kriegsspiele for the KGB? Great thred, cheers.

I'm just wondering if you or anyone has played Harkevich into Una2. Also can vent steam be boosted? Just thinking about melting Griffins whilst they're feared;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SGS_Nick View Post
    Thanks Kriegsspiele for the KGB? Great thred, cheers.

I'm just wondering if you or anyone has played Harkevich into Una2. Also can vent steam be boosted? Just thinking about melting Griffins whilst they're feared;-)
    Devastator melts Griffins pretty good too, with POW 18 autohit, and Harkevich can give them Mobility coupled with Bulldoze to get into optimal boom placement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhe View Post
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

I apparently run Harkevich very differently from most people. Here is my list:

War Room Army

Khador - Harkevich'sVictory

Theme: No Theme Selected
    75 / 75 Army

Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf - WJ: +28
    - Black Ivan - PC: 19
    - Behemoth - PC: 24
    - Victor - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)

Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan - PC: 3
    Gobber Tinker - PC: 2

Battle Mechaniks - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
    Winter Guard Field Gun Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 4
    Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 8

---

GENERATED : 12/02/2016 12:53:05
    BUILD ID : 2030.16-11-12

The artillery kapitan 2 + aim 2+ boost 3.5 means that the Victor now has virtually rat 7 on a 20 inch gun or rat 5 with 26" threat gun if you mobility+ move.

Harkevich can safely camp 0 while being 16 18 behind Behemoth and black Ivan and the tinker.

Mechanics behind Victor the list slowly advances and shoots with reposition allowing the list to not be too slow other than Victor and the field gun.

Generally Victor takes one side and the rest on the other A&H handing out magic to whoever needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by SGS_Nick View Post
    Sadly, I didn't play against Una yet. The last time it could have happened, the Circle player dodged me and I had to play against Legion.

But as said elsewhere, I'm pretty positive regarding this matchup. In my opinion it's important to have several jacks (I guess 2 at least) right around Harkevich to not get engaged by too many Griffons and to be able to remove them even during Una's feat turn.

And yes, Vent Steam can be boosted! It's huge. POW 12, so 22.5 DMG on average. That's pretty amazing against ARM 14 Griffons. It even works during Una's feat! And Squee is right:

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Devastator melts Griffins pretty good too, with POW 18 autohit, and Harkevich can give them Mobility coupled with Bulldoze to get into optimal boom placement.
    ...the Devastator is another neat way to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ordunin View Post
    I apparently run Harkevich very differently from most people.
    There are several people going for the range jack build. In my experience it's not as effective as the melee option, but it seems to work generally.

Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 8 ... Generally Victor takes one side and the rest on the other A&H handing out magic to whoever needs it.
    What doesn't work in your list are A&H without Valachev. Because without Valachev Aiyana's Kiss only works for Holt as it's Friendly Faction only. With Valachev, Aiyana & Holt become Khador models and are able to buff your jack's DMG output. So you should consider to either remove the Mechaniks or the Field Gun to attach Valachev to A&H. If you really only want magical attacks, I'd go for some Ternions or Kell or Orin etc.

Harkevich can safely camp 0 while being 16 18 behind Behemoth and black Ivan and the tinker.
    There is no "safely camp 0" in this game. Not even behind a colossal and several jacks: Think about Cygnar's Caine2. Think about Cygnar's Ace or GMCAs with Shadow Fire. Think about Taryn's Shadow Fire (she works for: Mercs, Cygnar, Menoth). But also think about Arcing Fire: so stay within 1'' of Victor against guns that shoot through models! Think about the MHSF's mini feat! Think about sprays etc. pp. Seriously, there is no "safely camp 0".
    Last edited by @Kriegsspiele; 12-03-2016 at 08:19 AM.

There is no "safely camp 0" in this game. Not even behind a colossal and several jacks: Think about Cygnar's Caine2. Think about Cygnar's Ace or GMCAs with Shadow Fire. Think about Taryn's Shadow Fire (she works for: Mercs, Cygnar, Menoth). But also think about Arcing Fire: so stay within 1'' of Victor against guns that shoot through models! Think about the MHSF's mini feat! Think about sprays etc. pp. Seriously, there is no "safely camp 0".
    Except the examples you gave are relatively corner case, of course plans change due to matchups if the enemy is caine2 then of course I'm going to be camping some focus. You talk about arcing fire but Harkevich should already be b2b with a jack... as far as A&H I think you misunderstood they are there to give magic weapons not to Kiss so they are always in the back. Ternions would be a horrible substitute for them because Ternions have to be far up the board to use their magic. The list is about advancing as a wall of steel with the support nestled in the back.

Except the examples you gave are relatively corner case, ... as für as A&H I think you misunderstood they are there to give magic weapons ...
    As said: If you really only want magical attacks, I'd go for some Ternions or Kell or Orin etc. In my experience the need for magical attacks is indeed super corner case - while Shadow Fire and MHSF on the other hand are widely spread. Not to mention sprays which are everywhere. Going to 0 camp is one of the most common pre-assassination states of a caster...

Annihilator The Armchair Warrior's Avatar

@Kriegsspiele, I know you've said you don't like colossals with Harkevich. But... I'm going to give double colossals a try the next time I get a chance to play. I'll post my results.

I'm thinking this:

- Victor - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)
    - Conquest - PC: 37
    - Kodiak - PC: 13
    - Kodiak - PC: 13
    The idea is to use the +2 SPD to get the colossals up field quickly to threaten the relevant areas of the board not just with Broadsides and guns, but also with their scary melee preseence. The Kodiaks are there to run upfield on Turn 1, and then start clearing out infantry or throwing heavies into stuff. I can see (but won't bank on) having the Kodiaks surrounded by covering fire to give my opponent fits.

I own 1 Victor and 1 Conquest, but that's not the only reason for this pairing. I like Connie over the 2nd Victor in order to put down covering fire templates to protect against weapon master charges, and to fish for criticals with the big gun. Victor's main gun winds up not just being an infantry clearing machine (duh), but also a potential MAT fixer with Flare.

Quote Originally Posted by The Armchair Warrior View Post
    @Kriegsspiele, I know you've said you don't like colossals with Harkevich.
    Indeed, I wasn't impressed. Taking away Reposition is really painful in my experience because it's one of the core reasons why Harkevich is such a strong jack caster.

On the other hand: your build should still be playable into WW - what's been the core reason why I've started playing Hark at all! With native Pathfinder on everything, still lots of ARM/boxes, no movement of the colossals - this should be doable. The guns will still not matter, but I'd love to read/see a batrep of that matchup (same for Una).

I'm not sure if the same can be said about Cygnar? The build might work into Haley2/3 - but what about Caine2 and Sloan? Without even a single Shield Guard, they will easily get to Harkevich (if terrain isn't massively in your favour) - and assassinate him equally easily. But if your other list is also covering Cygnar, this shouldn't be a problem.

Destroyer of Worlds

Maybe his meta doesn't have a Cygnar player, or one who doesn't use Caine2 or Sloan. I find a lot of time that the lists that are most different are usually due to the way the local meta is. No need to tech for things you won't come across unless you're going to a big convention.

I saw someone use hark and double colossal last week against Legion. It seemed downright filthy.
    2017 Goals: Play 20 games of Warmachine/Hordes, participate in 2 local Steamroller Tournaments.

Games Played: 0/20
    Tournaments: 0/2

Yeah, maybe. It's just funny because every tourney I go to (small and big alike) has Cygnar or Ret as the most often played faction. To me it feels like they have taken Cryx' position from MK2. And for sure: Legion dies to high ARM just too good. It's one of the factions I haven't lost against once in MK3 so far.

Annihilator The Armchair Warrior's Avatar

We do have a Cygnar player but he hasn't been dropping Sloan or Caine 2. He has been dropping Stryker and fully expect him to have purchased Gibbs for the Hot Meal and 2 chances to Overload.

I do see quite a lot of Legion, and heard that JVM just moved to my area and showed up at the last Tournament. I think I like this list a lot into double hell mouths which give me fits. We do have a Circle WW player, and I would have liked this list into that matchup when I played him last week. (I had Irusk 2 with a Victor, who 1 rounded 2 heavy beasts).

I also see Skorne (top player in the shop uses the Zaals), Khador, Mercs...one guy plays Cryx. A bit of everything really. It's a pretty robust meta actually.

My next big tournament will be CaptainCon so I have a while to figure out my next 'big con' pair.
    Last edited by The Armchair Warrior; 12-05-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Armchair Warrior View Post
    We do have a Circle WW player, and I would have liked this list into that matchup when I played him last week. (I had Irusk 2 with a Victor, who 1 rounded 2 heavy beasts).
    It would be great if you could add a batrep with your list against Circle's Una2.

Does Harkevich seem like one of our best bets against Una2? Z2 looks great, especially with the current thread on here. But I wonder if Hark with 3 kodiaks has decent game against Una2 so I don't have to change my lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dango View Post
    Does Harkevich seem like one of our best bets against Una2? Z2 looks great, especially with the current thread on here. But I wonder if Hark with 3 kodiaks has decent game against Una2 so I don't have to change my lists.
    Nah, I don't think H1 is our only bet against Una2. But Harkevich definitely is a great way to fight WW - in my opinion the very best option we have. H1 works very well into Circle in general - so my hope is, that the Kodiaks will do the trick against Una2, too.

Destroyer of Worlds

I brought Harkivech, Victor, Conquest, Joe, Rifleman w2 rockets, field gun, min mechanics vs. Grissel2, Mountain king, swamp troll(?), bomber, 2x fire eaters, min warders, Knot, kreil stone, gremlin swarm.
    Scenario was 1 zone in the middle + 2 outside flags you can dominate

T1. I cast mobility and run my jacks up. Fairly centered but just a touch left as his mountain king is left. My rifleman are to the right, and that’s a big mistake as there is a woods in the center he can get behind with is bomber/swamp troll and block my LOS.
    T1. He also moves, get up deflection throws double bombs with animus, and one scatters into 2 guys.

T2. I move up 11” from the mountain king since with mobility, I out threat him by 1” I fire everything I have into stuff, and broadsides. With 2x colossal firing into def 12 trolls with deflection, I hit the MK a few times and set like nearly everything on fire with amazing scatters. I also drop 1 warder and 1 fire eater from 1 squad and 2 from another.
    T2. I out threat him….fire drops the KSB and 1 knot, but goes out on everything else. He opts to focus on my conquest and bombs it + Sprays it from the MK and then uses the last fire eater + swamp troll to block my lane to the MK. On the other side, he basically repositions the other two fire eaters and drops my field gun.

T3. I load up conquest, and give Victor 1. Rifle man move around the woods and drop a pretty big CRA + 2 rockets into the bombardier. The board is mine really. If I feat + charge the conquest up into his two heavies, then he will charge me with the MK, which is fine, he can’t one round me and protect his caster. If he keeps his caster to put rage on the MK so it can one round me, then Victor can get to grissel. If he moves grissel, then the MK has to rage its self in which he can’t one round conquest under my feat. I cast broadsides and scatter everything with only hit to the MK. I then activate conquest, fire again from my feat into the mountain king and charge the bomber. Luck is with me and I drop BOTH the swamp troll and the bomber. On the other side, I am a bit jammed up just by the objective a stupid gremlin swarm and a fire eater or two. I should have just aimed and shot, but I charge a model I am already engaged with to get the free shot from the feat and then drop 2 fire eaters.
    T3. EVERYTHING ON FIRE GOES OUT. I do zero damage…… He gets up deflection, feats and moves to the flag on side of the board. His turns goes as predicted…the MK rages on himself and charges the Conquest. He does a little over half. He used the rest of his models to get in the way of Victor. He scores on the flag.

T4. I load up Victor. Rifleman continue to come around and nearly take out what is between his caster and the victor. I fix up some damage on the conquest and it ignores the MK and fires into the last guy. I drop him. Harkivech activates and casts mobility. Now I activate the victor….WHAT DOES A GREMLIN SWARM DO AGAIN? 1-2 – 2 SPD, 3-4 -2 MAT/RAT, 5-6 -2 STR….Grrr…ok if I roll a 1-2, even with mobility, I fail the charge on his caster. 3-4, Can I even hit her with MAT4, I would need hard 11’s. I roll a 6. I charge over and nail her, but she is pretty beefed up, she is 17+ 2KSB +2 unyielding and I am -2, so even dice. I boost, hit and put her on 6. 2nd attack misses. Buy one and hit, downing her. She makes a tough check. Spend the last focus and take her down.

Destroyer of Worlds

Had my final Hark list. I love it. Almost like playing swans ;-)

Hark
    behemoth
    Devestator
    Demolisher
    Jugger
    Jugger
    WGIDS+3 Rockets

The big thing about this list is the mobility. Between Field Marshal and the WGI repo you really have the options to shift around the battlefield in important ways. Add in RNG 8 bunderbuse and the WGI starts to get work done. I know folks like the Rifles - but having repo on Rockets is AMAZING. Nothing more needs to be said about the iron wolf except he is great....and ARM 26 clams are....a thing ;-)

Opponent played Retribution

Helynna
    Sylys
    Imperatus
    Chrimera
    Banshe
    Phoenix
    E2

Ghost Sniper
    Arcanist x2
    Sentinals+UA

Secnario was Outlast (the one with 2 12 inch zones)

A house midfield and then some forests. Walls mid field as well A hill on the other side.

I won the roll and my opponent gave me the hill. Probably better than the forests but a wash

My strategy was going to be see where he committed and then put behemoth to cover the opposite zone. THe WGI would try to be irritating on the weak side - contesting and doing WGI things

Turn 1
    Mobility goes up and all the jacks but one jugger run the full 12. Behemoth goes middle so he can have choices. Devestator to the left, Demolisher right Jugger covering each zone as well with Jugger #1 repo'ing so he is in B2B with Hark for safety.

Turn 1 bottom. He doesn't commit the sentinals to a single zone (sorta spread between both). We talk about it being a mistake afterwards Imperatus and the Phonix to the zone with the Devestator. Banshe anbd Chrimera and E2 to the demolisher side. E2 shoots jugger (note - always shoot the BeHEMOTH of you can. Forgets her repo and she is within blast damage of the banshee if I hit it with Behemoth (preview of coming attracing). Decel goes up along wtih Rythm of war. I believe he pot shots at my guys. Gets some damage on them.

Turn 2. Good By Eyrss. Give a focus to both Behemoth and to the Demolisher who is within 14 inches of the Chrimea and can avoid anything else. Moblity for 3 and Hark positions a bit better on the hill. Behemoth moves and shoots double boosted Pow 14s in to the Banshee. E2 dies to blast from Big B. Big B repos to be b2b with Hark (love that rule). Chrimea takes some rockets. Demolisher moves up, shoots it dead with 1 Pow 15 and moves back. Devestator positions in zone so that Imp can not get to him (forest). Ditto Jugger. I avoid killing sentinals (yeaH!)

Turn 2 bottom. IMp move up ditto Phoenix. Obilteration lauched at Devestator but Dice -8 even with silly willy helps mimize the damage. Decel up and Rythm. Feats. Sentinals run and mini feat and will hurt next turn. Mistake by opponent - repos FORWARD which puts 3 heavies all within 8 inches of Big B or Juggers. Against most jacks that +3 feat is doing great things. Against Juggers and Behemoth - not so much.

Turn 3

Fully load up Both Juggers and Behemoth. Going to see what work they can get done. I have to kill ONE sentinal to help Big B avoid free strike. Sadly when Decel, mini feat and H's feat goes up they are RIDICULOUSLY hard to kill. So even that 5 man CRA sadly dings off the shell. Oh well. Hark moves up and feats. Jugger #1 goes over and does some work on Imp. but not THAT much. Does land a Critical (yeah!). He is in Control. Behemoth goes and eats Phoenix. If the Sentinal had spiked it would have hurt. Jugger #2 does a lot of work on the Banshee and knocks out arc but is out of control. Good knowing you. Devestator and Demolisher move around - Demolisher getting back to be sure he is in control. Behmoth previously had repoed to get into melee with 3 the sentinals to make charging difficult if not impossible. (Did I tell youy how good repo is on Hark to provide for that move). WGI do things but not that much because for some dumb reason Joe gave out tough rather than extra dice for attacks even though nothing really is around that can HIT the WGI.

Turn 3 bottom

He is on his heels. Imp has to use a focus to shake and Arcanist moves up to get him to POW 19. But Jugger at Dice -4 stays fully functional after taking 4 hits. Jugger #2 is badly hurt by combination of of Sentinals and Banshees one good attack.

Turn 4. Behemoth gets 2. Jugger gets 1. Devestator gets 2. Hark sits on 1. Joe Now goes ahead and gives out extra dice WGI move up and mini feat. Spray down 2 of the sentinals making Behemoths life unfun. But one dude left. Boo. But wait - what is that? A DEVESATOR that charges the ghost sniper and gets the sentinal who is no longer in base to base with his mates (ARM 15) who now gets RAIN OF DEATH!!! BOOSTED. Ghost sniper doesn't die but sentinal does to the boosted POW 9 blast. Devestator buys at attack and wacks down the ghost dude. And then REPOS to get out of Behemoth's way (did I tell you how I much I love the field marshal for Hark!). Jugger over near Imp does some work on him. Behemoth charges in. I believe hits with 2 initials. At this point he triggers Phoenix protecal. Behemoth buys 2 more and Imp goes DOWN!!! Score 1 for the good guys (idiot Hark is not demonating - a mystery as to why ;-) Over in the other zone Jugger 2 hits Banshee one with axe and I believe this is turn he kills it.

Turn 4 Bottom. Vegenance triggers so it is the Jugger which dies horribly. The Sentinal charge in and kill 2 WGI and ding the paint off the ARM 23 Demolisher. Arcanist runs into contest but it is going to be over soon.

Turn 5. WGI clear up the sentinals. Behemoth shoots a bunch of them as well and they melt to POW 14s with 3 dice (and POW 7 blast ;-) Idiot that I am the Jugger rolls three 5s or lower and can't kill the arcanist. At this point the game is going to be over and my opponent conceeds. However we rerack and see that he is BARELY within assination range. Even with Hark sitting on 5 lets see. Silly Willy moves up and arcan secrets Hylnna who then moves up and shoots hark (boosted). Brings him to within 9. Then Shoots him with boosted oblit. Rolls high and puts 14 (reduced to 9) damage on the big guy but it isn/t enough and the game is over.

So some things to take away if you are working on Hark.

Repo is simply amazing - and even more so on Behemoth. You can't underestimate how disheartening it is to have a jack that good in melee behing able to shoot and scoot with Powerful attack. I had been playing Hark with Black Ivan but the difference of what you get for that additional 5 points is simply too good not to invest in.

But don't ignore how Repo can be used to mess with people on denying them the charge. This is huge for Khador (and even more so for Hark) because of the arm skew. It also can provide him tactical flexibility - have a jack move and shoot and then get back to B2B with Hark - something that is often not possible with Order of activation issues with other casters. ALWAYS ask yourself before moving the battle group jacks - What could I do even better with 3 inch Repo.

Don't be afraid to run away and hid another day. He is really an attrition caster. So like any attrition caster there is nothing wrong with saying "no kill box? See ya!" He is going to lose my game only if he is killed. Don't let Hark get killed.

Finally, Clams. Clams and more clams. Sure they are pillowfisted and he can't make em hit harder. But ARM 26 is a thing. Between bulldoze, Rain of death, etc. they get work done. But Demolisher was a champ as well - unexpected really - because of Repo. When your target is at RNG 8 it is SCARY to be open. But if you can shoot and scoot NOW you can put 2 shots - with some boosts - into a target and be 11 inches away. Absent vegenance that is out of Sentinal range....or Jugger....Or Kodiak. Even a Boundless Charge Jugger is failing to close the gap.

Do you sense just how much I LOVE his field marshal ability? ;=)
    Last edited by Sand20go; 12-17-2016 at 08:38 PM.

So when are you and Field Marshall: Reposition getting married?

Good match up, I really need to get Hark and then get him in the board.
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 29W/0D/5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Destroyer of Worlds Big Fat Troll's Avatar

1) KD enemy caster with a slam, throw, or whatever is handy.
    2) Shoot them with Eiryss to strip focus.
    3) Shoot them with Hark, Ivan and any other jack. Boost damage with Power Up focus.
    4) Broadside FTW.

If that other jack is a Decimator, then that is about 40 damage vs ARM 16 on average rolls, even without allocating any extra focus.

I don't think you have to go out of your way for this much at all. Yes, Broadside is very situational, but it does have its uses. Another is when you badly need a little more damage to finish off the closest jack, and another is using Ivan's always-boosted shots to clear a charge lane when you otherwise did not have enough guns.

Lastly, don't forget that Hark gets an extra shot from Broadside too, FWIW.
    "It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood."
    -Karl Popper

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Troll View Post
    1) KD enemy caster with a slam, throw, or whatever is handy.
    2) Shoot them with Eiryss to strip focus.
    3) Shoot them with Hark, Ivan and any other jack. Boost damage with Power Up focus.
    4) Broadside FTW.

If that other jack is a Decimator, then that is about 40 damage vs ARM 16 on average rolls, even without allocating any extra focus.

I don't think you have to go out of your way for this much at all. Yes, Broadside is very situational, but it does have its uses. Another is when you badly need a little more damage to finish off the closest jack, and another is using Ivan's always-boosted shots to clear a charge lane when you otherwise did not have enough guns.

Lastly, don't forget that Hark gets an extra shot from Broadside too, FWIW.
    It is an interesting build. Bring e1 for focus stripping, Hutchuck ( I think) for the knockdown (you could also do it with Joe and the field gun) and then you can RUN your jacks forward 8 and then broadside for the win. Not sure it is a GREAt assination build - the key piece is the knockdown and I think that is the place it will struggle

That said, if throw isn't fixed you can bring victor/conquest and exploit throw's "directly away" Maybe that is the purpose for a mad dog ;-)

I tried This yesterday:

Hark
    Behemoth
    Torch
    4xKodiak
    Orin
    Min Mechaniks

Tried it vs a 4xScarsfell 2na build.

I got some good positioning with cloud wall and he feated and ran in to Engage Hark. I boost a bunch of vent steams to kill 3 out of 4 and most of his Cav die to charges and swings.

He rolls a boosted 10 and boxcars on the throw roll to chuck Hark then 2na pushes away the Kodiak I had B2B after his throw and charges and kills me with a primaled Stalker.

I have no idea why one caster deserved Wind Wall, Mirage, Thunderbolt and Hand of Fate....thanks PP.
    Mk3 Tourney Record:
    Kaelyssa 13-2/Helynna 4-2/Elara2 2-1
    Zaal2 3-0/Rasheth 5-4

Here's a question.

If Hark Broadsides, he can boost his own shot as it is his activation can't he?
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 29W/0D/5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Quote Originally Posted by Welshhoppo View Post
    Here's a question.

If Hark Broadsides, he can boost his own shot as it is his activation can't he?
    Yup.
    Mk3 Tourney Record:
    Kaelyssa 13-2/Helynna 4-2/Elara2 2-1
    Zaal2 3-0/Rasheth 5-4

Destroyer of Worlds

Another win for the Hark. This time over Gorshade 1 . Touch and go (my own idiocy - that flag can not be captured - only dominated dumb San!) but the Demolisher eventually helped clear some banes (and then REPOED out of the way!!); jugger went over and turned the bunker to goo and then a WGI grunt (or three) ran over to contest. Lesson to be learned - Dice -10 will make it hard for 2 banes to get enough done. ;-)
    Last edited by Sand20go; 12-19-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Good morning!
    Hm, I was very frustrated with WM/H and really thought about quitting the game but with a "break" of some weeks I said to myself that I should give the game one try - as this was the game I was playing more or less exclusively the last 2 years.
    I got my hands on Harkevich and just put more or less all Jacks I still own on the table and played 3 games in a row against Legion.

I played
    Harkevich
    Rheinholdt
    Behemoth
    Ruin
    Juggernaut
    Kodiak
    Marodeur
    Devastator
    max. Mechanics
    Ragman

This list is not optimized and I struggled a bit with positioning of the models but it nearly felt like cheating half of the time.
    I won the first game without nearly loosing one model (I think 2 or 3 mechanics) with Behemoth assassinating Thagrosh1. In the second game, my opponent conceeded when I scored already 3 points, killed nearly his whole army with just loosing 3 mechanics and the Juggernaut (it was against Abby2).
    I lost the last game on scenario (against Abby1) 2-5. At this time, my opponent had only his Archangle and the warlock on the table, while I had still the unscratched Behemoth and the Juggernaut. Here, he just tried to block my Jacks while scoring on his flag (scenario was the Pit).
    H1 is really something totally different from what I played before - more infantry based armies.
    It is fun but hard to master. I encountered some problems while playing the list
    - the control area of 12" is very low. I had to spread out my Jacks in 2 games and they are very fast outside of Harkevich's control range
    - problems with scenario play - in the scenarios with 2 zones, i think the army would have a problem because of the low model count
    - max Mechanics - with their low CMD, they really have to stick together and that means they might not be effective and stand in the way...
    - does H1 really do more than standing in the back, casting mobility and handing out Focus? (not trolling, but that was everyting I did with him in the 3 games)

I think I still need to work on the list - I need some means to protect or threaten my flanks so that I can have most of the Jacks in my control area and I think that will help me with scenario play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand20go View Post
    Another win for the Hark. This time over Gaspy three. Touch and go (my own idiocy - that flag can not be captured - only dominated dumb San!) but the Demolisher eventually helped clear some banes (and then REPOED out of the way!!); jugger went over and turned the bunker to goo and then a WGI grunt (or three) ran over to contest. Lesson to be learned - Dice -10 will make it hard for 2 banes to get enough done. ;-)
    You were playing against pGoreshade.

Maxwell Finn's longest killing spree:
    11 Doom Reavers Swordsman.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Juris View Post
    You were playing against pGoreshade.
    Drrr. What happens after posting after a beer or 2 ;-) so used to playing Gaspy in MK 2 against Alex game after game after game ;-)

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Calaman View Post
    Good morning!
    Hm, I was very frustrated with WM/H and really thought about quitting the game but with a "break" of some weeks I said to myself that I should give the game one try - as this was the game I was playing more or less exclusively the last 2 years.
    I got my hands on Harkevich and just put more or less all Jacks I still own on the table and played 3 games in a row against Legion.

I played
    Harkevich
    Rheinholdt
    Behemoth
    Ruin
    Juggernaut
    Kodiak
    Marodeur
    Devastator
    max. Mechanics
    Ragman

This list is not optimized and I struggled a bit with positioning of the models but it nearly felt like cheating half of the time.
    I won the first game without nearly loosing one model (I think 2 or 3 mechanics) with Behemoth assassinating Thagrosh1. In the second game, my opponent conceeded when I scored already 3 points, killed nearly his whole army with just loosing 3 mechanics and the Juggernaut (it was against Abby2).
    I lost the last game on scenario (against Abby1) 2-5. At this time, my opponent had only his Archangle and the warlock on the table, while I had still the unscratched Behemoth and the Juggernaut. Here, he just tried to block my Jacks while scoring on his flag (scenario was the Pit).
    H1 is really something totally different from what I played before - more infantry based armies.
    It is fun but hard to master. I encountered some problems while playing the list
    - the control area of 12" is very low. I had to spread out my Jacks in 2 games and they are very fast outside of Harkevich's control range
    - problems with scenario play - in the scenarios with 2 zones, i think the army would have a problem because of the low model count
    - max Mechanics - with their low CMD, they really have to stick together and that means they might not be effective and stand in the way...
    - does H1 really do more than standing in the back, casting mobility and handing out Focus? (not trolling, but that was everyting I did with him in the 3 games)

I think I still need to work on the list - I need some means to protect or threaten my flanks so that I can have most of the Jacks in my control area and I think that will help me with scenario play.
    I think that is right. He is a brick caster (he sorta LOOKs like a troll so there is that ;-) So scenarios that require you to spread out can be a problem. HOWEVER. THat is where Clams come to the fore. You can run one two turns if need be to get to one zone for contest. You focus your jacks on the other. ARM 23 with 32 boxes requires effort to get rid of. THrowing works but then you just waddle back ;-)

@Sand20go
    Thanks for the answer.
    I read through your comments on Harkevich and I like the idea of combining the Jacks with the WGIDS. Maybe I will give it a try for more Scenario presence.

Who needs Ragman and a 2nd Juggy when you get two heavies - which are weapon masters against gargossals? Already missing the Marksman, but this is my post-errata H1 test list:

- Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
    - Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
    - Ruin - PC: 17
    - Juggernaut - PC: 12
    - Marauder - PC: 10
    Ogrun Bokur - PC: 5
    Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 5

Thanks for the link to this AWESOME source of inspiration!
    Where do I find MORE of these batreps and discussions about me?
    Khador's Iron Wolf has earned a reputation as a peerless master of heavy armor on the battlefield, a war hero beloved by his men and respected even by the enemies of the Motherland. He is famous for his ability to move large numbers of warjacks at an unprecedented pace to arrive where the enemy least expects him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkevich View Post
    Thanks for the link to this AWESOME source of inspiration!
    Where do I find MORE of these batreps and discussions about me?

I've very recently started a blog inspired by courage of Caspia. It's more for me to better force myself to record and really think about games, but if you're interested, the links below. I'm not going to write about every game, but try to do the games I thought were good or games that I learned something in. I'll also try to include turn to turn pictures when I remember to take them, but so far I keep forgetting so the batreps I've done just include lists and learning points.

I'm currently focusing on Harkevich in preparation for the LVO and searching for a caster to pair him with.

http://butchersbackyard.blogspot.ca/
    Last edited by Druzhina_Dropout; 01-05-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by @Kriegsspiele View Post
    - Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
    Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 5
    Played this new post-errata list at a tourney last week and won all three games (only placed 2nd because of SoS, but still): 1. against HR, 2. against Grissel1, 3. against Wurmwood. - I once again only brought one list: my opponents could pick whatever they thought would be strongest against Harkevich.

The game against HR was super close. I got greedy and moved Harkevich way to far up the table. But hey, Orin, sitting right within 3'' behind Harkevich freestriked two Exemplars during HR's feat. 3 made it to Hark, 1 doesn't hit (mini feat was used beforehand), 2 didn't do enough damange. Still, I should have and could have been up to 7'' further back. Not a good positioning on my side. If you ask yourself how to deal with all the infantry: that's absolutley no problem! The Kodiaks trample and ventsteam infantry just perfectly. The Marauders slam them through each other.

Grissel didn't have a slightest chance. Although my opponent was super lucky with dice (A Mauler killed a Kodiak with 2 hits and the chain attack!? An Earthborn with Rage killed a Kodiak during Hark's feat!?) it was 7 Khador heavies vs 3 Trollblood heavies + a light. This just doesn't work. At the end I still had Harkevich, Orin, 2 Bokurs, 2 Marauders, a Kodiak. My opponent had ... nothing (literally) but Grissel, won on scenario. Again some Marauder slams followed by Kodiak G&Ses interactions. It's lovely.

If you've already played Harkevich into WW, you know he's a great, in my opinion: Khador's very best counter to Circle currently. If you start, run, run & feat, you're going to win the game. If you go 2nd it's a bit more tricky but still very doable thanks to mobility and feat. You can set WW under pressure with speed and ARM - and that's something the tree can't deal with. Anyway, in this game I went first and pretty easily won it on scenario. The Marauders are huge in the scenario game. We even played the Pit. Scored 2+2+2. It went like this: a Marauder slammed a heavy, a Kodiak easily got S&G and threw the heavy out of the zone - while ventsteaming some stickmen. (EDIT: Don't do this because stickmen are neither living nor undead but constructs!)

However, I'm going to run Harkevich a lot in 2017. After more than 30 games now, I don't think there's anything but Ret that's an uphill. Harkevich is almost always on par - and mostly has a more or less clear advantage because of the cloud wall, speed, and/or ARM skew + feat. Hark is a perfect answer to Circle's WW and Cygnar's Sloan - but an allcomer into mostly anything out there. Mobility + Repo are making Khador jacks awesomely fast and movable. - If you haven't played the Marauder yet: do it! It's huge! You won't get anything better for your free Power Up FOC!

My only idea how the list could become even better is when looking at the Devastator: Depending on how Cygnar evolves I might remove Ruin for a Devastator and Marksman or even a Kodiak and Bokur for a Devastator and Marksman. Alternatively I liked the builds with 2 Tinkers instead of the Marksman. Will need some more games and a better idea of Cygnar's future list pairings and general relevance.

PS: After Karchev's direct and indirect nerfs I don't think there's a stronger jack-only-caster in Khador than Harkevich right now. And that's especially true when looking at the current meta where WW stays omnipresent and Sloan might even get more table time since Caine2 isn't the best gunline option anymore (and we still don't know what Caine3 does). - Karchev's main problems were and still are speed and pathfinder. Since more and more lists are featuring large BGs, which don't give a chance to trigger RtW, I don't think he'll recover. His strong tourney presence was directly linked to MDoW2 - and MDoW2 is super dead now. Marauder spam plus some Kodiaks might work - but I hope it doesn't because I really like the Marauder as it is now.
    Last edited by @Kriegsspiele; 01-06-2017 at 06:51 AM.

My current Hark list.

- Marauder - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)

Widowmaker Marksman - PC: 4
    Kell Bailoch - PC: 5

I played into CoC

Forge Father Syntherion
    Modulator
    Cipher
    3 Monitors
    Corollary
    Diffuser
    Galvanizer
    And I cant remember exactly the rest, a few servitors, the arc node, and some mechanics.

I went first, and just ran everything up. He did likewise, measuring to stay just out of my max threat.

Turn two I trampled forward with the kodiaks and repositioned behind the clouds leaving his monitors in a bad position to get more than one shot on any target, and blocking any charge lanes, I then just advanced behind them with everything else as my snipers harassed the monitor on the right flank. I feated this turn, in hindsight a turn too early because I did a really good job blocking charges and LoS. It was my first time with this list, and an all melee hark so I think I was being too cautious. He advanced and took a few shots not doing hardly anything, it was really just repositioning and a few pot shots for my opponent.

Top of three I charged in with the kodiaks, getting a few good hits in, and throwing his heavies out of the zone, venting steam and repositioning back out of the clouds. A Marauder took down my opponents objective and repositioned off to the right toward syntherion, a juggernaut charged up murdered, and also repositioned toward syntherion. I scored 3. MY opponent down 1 light, and one monitor, activates syntherion feats and casts synergy, and magnetic holds my closest marauder, slowing him and blocking out the juggernaut behind him. I take a rough beating from the feat turn, I only lose one kodiak, but I am in pretty rough shape with my second juggy, marauder and kodiak. He clogs the zone again with the corollary, the cipher, and a monitor. Ruin up to this point has just been Harks source of Iron Sentinel. Ruin decideds its time to join the fight, and wrecks the monitor furthest in the zone, dispelling reconstrction in the process. The juggernaut on my right that is stuck behind my magneticly held marauder rejoins the right and gets work done. MY crippled jacks combine to take out the last heavy and clear the zone allowing me to dominate for 2 more and win on scenario.

7 Khador heavies with pathfinder and SPD6 is apparently a thing. Reposition is good offensively or great defensively. Kodiaks I think are king in the list.

Second game I played into Mercs. Damiano King makers.

There wasnt much to say, it was infantry spam that really struggled. I lost one kodiak by the end of the game, after I dealt with his 3 heavies I was very aggressive and took quite a few shots into Hark, more than I care to admit, but he survived on 8 boxes IIRC, and was able to deliver Ruin to Damiano's face.
    Last edited by Tenzilla; 01-05-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Druzhina_Dropout View Post
    I'm currently focusing on Harkevich in preparation for the LVO and searching for a caster to pair him with.
    THANK YOU! I like these batreps.

Quote Originally Posted by @Kriegsspiele View Post
    After Karchev's direct and indirect nerfs I don't think there's a stronger jack-only-caster in Khador than Harkevich right now.
    And that won't change in future! I AM JACKS!
    Khador's Iron Wolf has earned a reputation as a peerless master of heavy armor on the battlefield, a war hero beloved by his men and respected even by the enemies of the Motherland. He is famous for his ability to move large numbers of warjacks at an unprecedented pace to arrive where the enemy least expects him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzilla View Post
    Top of three I charged in with the kodiaks, getting a few good hits in, and throwing his heavies out of the zone, venting steam and repositioning back out of the clouds.
    I love this interaction each and every time. It's so damn cool and effective. Even better when you remove some infantry along the way.

The new coolness: Marauder boosts and slams high DEF beast/jack, Kodiak punches and throws it - autohitting. If it's not dead at this point, it's definitely far away from any zone or flag.

There wasnt much to say, it was infantry spam that really struggled.
    People always ask me how the jacks are dealing with infantry? It is absolutely no problem! The only infantry I really fear are Sentinels under Issy. The rest just dies. It's amazing. And the Marauders made dealing with infantry just more easy - although the Kodiaks are doing most of the work of course. Thanks to Kodiaks, Marauders, Juggies, the list deals with every threat out there easily.

Yeah the trample, vent steam, reposition I was aware of. I had not even thought about charge punch punch throw vent steam reposition interaction until it came up. Then I was even more in love with my new Kodiaks.

As far as the infantry. 7 heavies with 9" tramples, and 2 vent steams. As well as harks hand cannon, Kell and the WMM, I was able to get jacks where I needed them and kill infantry while doing so.

Yeah the trample, vent steam, reposition I was aware of. I had not even thought about charge punch punch throw vent steam reposition interaction until it came up. Then I was even more in love with my new Kodiaks.
    Kodiaks + Hark = <3

(Still thinking about No. 4.)

As far as the infantry. 7 heavies with 9" tramples, and 2 vent steams. As well as harks hand cannon, Kell and the WMM, I was able to get jacks where I needed them and kill infantry while doing so.
    Orin! I had a game where Orin killed 10 (ten!) Satyxis all by himself (it was 2 units, making this possible). And boy, that's even on leaping average.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast