Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default [SPOILERS] Time to suss out this ARG

Just as the title says, we are continuing where the other thread left off to allow for the PPS members to do their weird, crazy RP thing.
    I will be updating when new info arises.
    For now though, let's get started with figuring out what's up with the arg. I'll make a second post with my current idea to avoid cluttering the op, since I'll be using it to compile info.

Let's get this show on the road!

CURRENT PATH:

1.) Go the the Privateer Press Tumblr Page. You will likely want to have a second copy open, possibly more.
    2.) Find the image of a lantern, with a small riddle below it. The word Astray is Italicized, and will bring you to the Privateer Press insider Page. Make sure to keep a copy of the Tumblr open.
    3.) Got the Will Hungerford's insider from 11\9\16, which talked about season 5 of the ADR.
    4.) once there, the word Enjoy is a hyperlink that will take you to a locked photobucket account on an otherwise unused photobucket account named "breakglassjustincase."
    5.) switch back to your second Tumblr window, and scroll down to the picture of rotting pumpkin just below the lantern. There is a code on that picture, reading "611_yellowliTe0z".
    6.) Take the code, and put it into the password input slot on the locked photobucket account. The code is the password required to open the album, which has a single teaser image of a silhouette with a yellow lantern and a small poem.
    7.) ???
    8.) Profit.
    Last edited by Swampmist; 11-14-2016 at 04:02 PM.

OK, so first theory post; I think we need to examine the username of the photobucket account we just found, as well as the url of the image. BreakGlassJustInCase is a weirdly specific account name for them to use for this, and I think it's our current best lead. Thoughts?

He also had ( Past tense because im not following too) 1 follower by the name of MakeYourNameHQ
    as a test, I followed both and changed my user name in photobucket to HQ.. nothing so far.

So the post on tumblr says #canyoufindtheteaser and the title of the image is lantern teaser. In my opinion this is as far as this bit of the arg goes. Until they post something new on tumblr
    Specifically image is called LanternTeaser_zps73nfyr44.png
    Last edited by W0lfBane; 11-14-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    Grumble grumble and grumble

possibly? I feel like there may be more though, and we have a ton of unexplored images on the Tumblr at the moment...

Destroyer of Worlds Grey Templar's Avatar
    Umbrey, wracking Heretics while Vlad's not looking

Hmm, maybe the new faction has some unnamed Warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesoe View Post
    I have touched this man's Durst. I can tell you it is legit.
    The Protectorate's Official Cheer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyalas View Post
    Make 'em run! Make 'em burn!
    Make 'em wracks until they learn!
    Proooooo-tectorate!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimzig View Post
    He also had ( Past tense because im not following too) 1 follower by the name of MakeYourNameHQ
    as a test, I followed both and changed my user name in photobucket to HQ.. nothing so far.
    Link to the original only follower of breakingglassjustincase. http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/Ma...ameHQ/profile/

nothing there so far...
    Last edited by Gimzig; 11-14-2016 at 03:45 PM.

ok, so Makeyourname is (as far as I can tell) a video production company that is contracted to, well, work on videos. I'm intrigued

ok, i could be off, it appears breakglass ISNT following makeyourname. IT could very well be a bot follower for that company

I think Wolfbane may be right and we need to wait for more posts. Until that happens any little thing may make us start chasing our tales with wild ideas.
    Last edited by Gimzig; 11-14-2016 at 03:48 PM.

that thought crossed my mind as well. There doesn't seem to be a way to get there yet, but maybe some more digging around will lead to something. I'll look around the other insiders for a bit.

Heh, just looked; the food machine site is named Thrall Harvest.
    Last edited by Swampmist; 11-14-2016 at 03:51 PM.

It feels of to be right. As doppel valerie said in the spoilers free thread this is the first tumblr post where hidden things are. i think they will start easy and ramp up add smog con comes closer

ok, OP is updated with the current path. Tell me if I missed anything

Its worth noting that Breakingglass' lantern album was hidden. Without the direct link from the insider it would be tough to know even what was there. So in the future we may need to find keywords for hidden albums, as well as their respective pass-codes.
    Just something to keep in mind as we continue on.

very true, yes. Hmm... Maybe something to do with spiders? Where there any links posted by Val or Hungie that we haven't checked yet?

Destroyer of Worlds ZealousJohnny's Avatar

I've just checked the last few days posts from them both for hyperlinks and there is nothing to be found.

How little it takes to lead us into madness...
    Interested in starting out Warmachine/Hordes but don't know where to begin? PM me and ask me about setting up a Vassal game or two where I can show you the ropes and you can try out different factions before you buy.

I also found a weird glitch in one of the insiders where the text after the hyperlink also registers as a hyperlink, but doesn't change my mouse and cannot be clicked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmist View Post
    I also found a weird glitch in one of the insiders where the text after the hyperlink also registers as a hyperlink, but doesn't change my mouse and cannot be clicked on.
    Saving it for a future hyperlink probably

it's in the prelude to errata insider... hmm :/

Quote Originally Posted by W0lfBane View Post
    Saving it for a future hyperlink probably
    Right now its just an empty <a> tag. Curious if there are any others buried waiting for future use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeckert View Post
    Poor guys, you turn half a continent into a bottomless pit one time and you never hear the end of it

Destroyer of Worlds ZealousJohnny's Avatar

I suspect that dead link is just a mistake.

It was well before this current tumblr campaign and whereas the real recentlink posted by Will was under the word 'Enjoy!' the one you are referring to is under the words 'to game balance'. I'm struggling to see a link to the new faction.
    Interested in starting out Warmachine/Hordes but don't know where to begin? PM me and ask me about setting up a Vassal game or two where I can show you the ropes and you can try out different factions before you buy.

yeah, I suspect the same thing, but still wanted to point it out.

Destroyer of Worlds

Maybe update the current path to indicate where the date for the correct insider came from? It took me a bit to zoom in on the bottom of the last parchment and see it myself(although on PC rather than phone now, it seems to stand out more)

oooh, wait ok that explains a bunch. I thought that was the publication date of the parchment not the correct insider date. I'll update in a moment to reflect that!

Edit. Nevermind when Doppel_Valerie wad talking about the 3 posts she was referencing the parchment as well.

That alien hand thing is creepy
    Last edited by W0lfBane; 11-14-2016 at 09:17 PM.

yeah, that's very true. Anyone tried importing the image and messing with the contrast and such?

Ah, welp, woops. Still though, that hand looks vaguely feminine, or atleast very thin. DoppelVal confirmed?
    Last edited by Swampmist; 11-14-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds Doktor Grym's Avatar
    Starkweather-Moore Supply Base Bravo, Antarctica

hey, has looked into whois /webhost compant that privateer press hosts their websites with? I believe there may be a way to look up all the sites owned by privateer press, just as I did a while back when Matt Wilson had setup a few hidden site a few years back to promote the level 7 game and some other related media items. I hate to skip past hidden links and find waldo type clues, but...

KSW
    Welcome to the Thornwood Bistro, where the weak are killed and eaten; perhaps you'll have em' flame broiled and (un)dead or Blindwater marinated; spicy & chewy. I'd suggest Thornfall smoked & falling off the bone tender. You're going with bloody raw and still screaming. Excellent choice Mr. Ca... AaaHhhhh!

has anyone tried opening the image in a hex-editor? I know that was one of the ways to do things in another ARG.
    "Oh my lord here's a just reward, Bring me my devil, just behind the door"

I bet it will ultimately lead to a two-months timer that will lead to yet one more timer.

People who followed the Overwatch ARG will understand. :P
    I played Retribution BEFORE MK.III. Haha! Reckoning of Scyrah is at hand! (Yes, I'm feeling good about the Ret Spoilers!)

Anyone else suspect that we will see more once the forum RP ends?

ok boys here we go, new tumblr page.

Click the link get this.

http://files.privateerpress.com/barb.../u%CC%88ks.wav

Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    I bet it will ultimately lead to a two-months timer that will lead to yet one more timer.

People who followed the Overwatch ARG will understand. :P
    Lets just hope we don't wind up looking at a webpage dedicated to the love of bees

Destroyer of Worlds

ok boys here we go, new tumblr page.

Click the link get this.

http://files.privateerpress.com/barb.../u%CC%88ks.wav
    Ugh, I am garbage at hearing the stops in morse code

I hate PP. Unless there's more, I'm stuck with a half-link.

I assume there's more incoming from somewhere.
    Last edited by Allen Koholic; 11-15-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzule View Post
    Ugh, I am garbage at hearing the stops in morse code
    I stuck it into a wave form analyzer and decoded it by hand.

Be Sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Decoded with an app, I get the following which seems to be a rough translation of a web address?

MYCH TE E TEE PEE ESS COLON SLASH SLASH DOU5LEU DOF BLEU DOUBLEU DOT YOU TF BE DT COM SLASH DOSTBLEUANT A T
    Ro-Man: "Your death will be indescribable"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Decoded with an app, I get the following which seems to be a rough translation of a web address?

MYCH TE E TEE PEE ESS COLON SLASH SLASH DOU5LEU DOF BLEU DOUBLEU DOT YOU TF BE DT COM SLASH DOSTBLEUANT A T
    yeah that first bit there could totally be Http:// www.
    so we need to suss out the last bit.

https://www.youtube.com/[SOMETHING GOES HERE]
    Ro-Man: "Your death will be indescribable"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/[SOMETHING GOES HERE]
    you're so awsome. So we just need to translate DOSTBLEUANT A T
    Last edited by Gimzig; 11-15-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds KingAceNumber1's Avatar

I expect dostbleu is another W, the ANT A T is tripping me up.

Edit: Could dostbleu ant a t = wanted? Dead link, if so. Maybe we're waiting for more.

Edit edit: I'm actually pretty sure it's "watch". https://www.youtube.com/watch is the prefix to a specific video on youtube. Now we need the key for the video, presumably found somewhere separate. Do we have any PP-sponsored nonsense strings laying around without a use found for them that we could plug in at the end of that URL? Should be in the format of "?v=theKeyGoesHere"
    Last edited by KingAceNumber1; 11-15-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    "Nothing teaches a lesson like the sting of defeat."

Destroyer of Worlds mrmario7502's Avatar

Dostbleuant could be another bastardization of W as referenced earlier in the transcription. Or it could break into "dostbleu ant a t" which could be "wnat" "wn80" "wn18" "wantat" "want80" "want18" by my estimate. Could be something else entirely.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast