Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldie View Post
    I would assume that's how I got added.
    This leads me to something I've wondered - Did they like message you asking for your name? Or did they just poke around and figure it out.

Architect of The 3-Step Plan to Victory Mod_Faultie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Koholic View Post
    This leads me to something I've wondered - Did they like message you asking for your name? Or did they just poke around and figure it out.
    Messaged and asked me.

Ok! Its a new year f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶r̶k̶ Forumites!

There's new happenings on the Tumblr page and time for us to don our tin foil hats and e̶m̶b̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ figure out if we're just plain nuts chasing red herrings, or if there's new stuff to pull out teeth out about!

Good luck!
    Y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶
    Last edited by Gimzig; 01-04-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: my post is not part of the ARG, its spooky because its fun.

http://privateerpress.tumblr.com/pos...-near-he-shall
    I believe we have our first puzzle of the year.

Edit: Ah, Ninjaded.

Destroyer of Worlds

The baby freaks me out, but I don't see anything in that picture.

I'm playing around with the attic one(I don't really know what I'm doing though). I can see a plug/receptacle in the top left. It also looks like there is some sort of structure like thing there. There is some sort of wood pieces to the bottom right. There may be a door with something in it to the left/down of the plug(behind the chair).

I'm wondering if we have anything in the text...the picture of the moon with the trees spelled out darkness with its capital letters. They are doing some text position things that could mean something as well.

The doll picture had "c͎̉̇̇ͮ̚͞͞L̫̼̱̯͍̟̯ͩͣ͛̂̌͌̒͆̚͜͟ͅe͂̐ͭ̒͏͉̠͎̪̝̗v̮͇ͯ̍̋͒̇ ̬̲̰̖E̥͖͚̯̹ͨͣ̆̍͂͝͝R̛ͭ͋̅̉҉͔̜̻͎͉͍̝̫ ͍̯̦̻̺̙̗͋ͦͩͬͨP̴͚̹̰̲͉͙͖̈̈͆͑̋ͥ̄̽ͅù̩̝̺̝͔͊̅ͣͅm̠̖̪ͭ͂͛̽̈́ ̥p̧͈̤̹̰̜̻͖̰̃̿̋̎ͮ̃̈K̵̓͒̍ͧͧ̚͏̙̰̟͔̫̬̮͔i̢̜͇̘̭ͨ͋̿̏͐̑͂ͦ͜ ̮̯n̗̻͆́́͡ " as a note, that's putting some extra capital letters in places. H F H T T L E R P K for that post

We had grave italicized in one of the "no clues during the holiday" posts

I put "memories" down, and then remembered that I wanted to put "My November Pumpkin" as an answer. Whoops.

The rocking chair picture has what looks like, for lack of a better thing, a refrigerator on the left side, along with some sort of small barrel looking thing with a tag or note. There's nothing there though and I can't find the entire original stock picture that the Other Worldly Powers used to create this creepy image to compare. I was hoping for something in the image because of the "Don't look behind you", but now that I think about it, it probably implies that the answer is something like "The Past".

I assumed that "Clever Pumpkin" was a response to the one reblog on the post.

Looks like all the components needed to solve the puzzle this week are online...

Ok. I lack the tools to edit image the chair properly. Anybody able to invert the colors or summat, see if theres something hidden in the image.

Im a bit stumped this week.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Gimzig View Post
    Ok. I lack the tools to edit image the chair properly. Anybody able to invert the colors or summat, see if theres something hidden in the image.

Im a bit stumped this week.
    I tried playing around with it in gimp, but I don't really know what I'm doing. No matter how many times I clicked enhance, nothing was obvious!(hehe).

I was able to see a bit extra with colour switches, but nothing obvious. I think we are missing something with the doll

Destroyer of Worlds

This is the best I can get of the attic so far. I think allen is right that its a fridge, then some sort of barrel/body bag looking thing on the left

I'm not seeing anything in todays insider. I'm going to read all the "answers" that showed up today, see if there are any hints there

Last edited by Nerzule; 01-05-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds

I'm ignoring any of the posts that say "no hints until new year", assuming nothing is in them.

So we have halfmoon through the trees picture
    - The capital letters here spell out darkness, so I believe this one is self contained.

We have creepy doll
    - PP posted in the notes - cLevER PumpKin
    - The poem
    Hush, darling baby, Father sits near.
    He shall protect thee—there’s naught to fear.
    Though purple storm clouds loom o’er the eaves,
    The watchers spare the child who believes.

We have dark attic picture
    - Hashtag of "don't look behind you."
    - twineswitches had a note on this one & I believe that user has proven in the past to be a mole planted by the powers. They said "coat20reversal" whatever that means

I don't see anything in the question and answer section or the insider for today

I have a feeling that coat20reversal is a password. I've tried looking for a clever pumpkin user in photobucket, tried looking for a twinestitches user, tried looking for different combos of those usernames and album names, tried LERPK as a user, etc.

I hate photobucket. Absolutely hate it. It's a bloated platform that I feel is giving me drive-by malware whenever I visit it. I wish PP had picked a different platform for this.

The one thing that stills gnaws at me is the grave from two weeks ago.
    Last edited by Allen Koholic; 01-05-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds

I have a feeling that coat20reversal is a password. I've tried looking for a clever pumpkin user in photobucket, tried looking for a twinestitches user, tried looking for different combos of those usernames and album names, tried LERPK as a user, etc.

I hate photobucket. Absolutely hate it. It's a bloated platform that I feel is giving me drive-by malware whenever I visit it. I wish PP had picked a different platform for this.

The one thing that stills gnaws at me is the grave from two weeks ago.
    Agreed on everything. I'm also thinking the capitalization means something. I don't remember that part going "off the rails" previously

Allen Koholic is correct on one point. Try looking here: http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider

Quote Originally Posted by twinestitches View Post
    Allen Koholic is correct on one point. Try looking here: http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider
    Was there an account we had found previously that we never found the password to?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDeath View Post
    Was there an account we had found previously that we never found the password to?
    Nope.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by twinestitches View Post
    So I have gone through most of the insiders in the last while, I can't find anything similar to what's been done in them in the past. No hidden links in pictures that I can find, no out of place linked words etc(although I may have missed this if they left the word the same colour as the rest of the text).

The don't look behind you could be reference to Matt wilsons picture, where he is looking behind the chair he is sitting in. There could be oblique references to that with the father stuff as well, since he was a founder. I feel like that particular insider wouldn't be involved in the arg though due to its importance.

Umm, I don't see any new insiders that got slipped into rotation or anything.

Anyone else able to go through some and check for hidden stuff?

Found something.

<http: s1356.photobucket.com="" user="" flintspeedchunk="" library="" pistols?sort="3&amp;page=1"></http:>

On Skorne Insider

Got it!

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/fl...?sort=3&page=1

password is what Allen said
    Last edited by RedDeath; 01-06-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Destroyer of Worlds

Where was that in the insider?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzule View Post
    Where was that in the insider?
    Was hidden in the html code behind the final image. Not sure if you could have found the clue without looking at the page's html.

Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

Remember that time we all fell down?

Social Media Coordinator PPS_Valerie's Avatar

We don't talk about that, Hungerford.

SToP. TALKING.
    Last edited by PPS_Hungerford; 01-06-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. - Sun Tzu

Good work everyone! The image: it's a spider-man? Neat

Destroyer of Worlds

Was hidden in the html code behind the final image. Not sure if you could have found the clue without looking at the page's html.
    They are stepping things up then I think, that's a bit past what we've done so far, interesting.

I wonder if the don't look behind was the tip that one?

Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

Laughing like you even know or ever knew. You're just a digital ghost. I know. They'll see.

T͙̞̦̬̙̙h̡͏̸̘̻̲e̢̡̛̜̭̪̯̺̰͙y̤͜͞ ͖̻͍̬͓̯̭̕c̝̣͕̺͜͜͟a̴̼̹͝n̦̘̺̤͝ ̶̵̲͙̜̦͎̲̩̳͝ǹ̷҉̪̦̺͕̣̱̼o̴̵̵͍͉͚̻̭̲ͅt҉̷̰̥̩̥̮̙ ̶̳̼̦͔̱̗̖̲f͈̻r̸̬̯̜͖͢e͏̱̮̩͢e̴̬͓̩͉̥̦̯͎ ̺͓̙̤̙͓y̕҉̥͕̻̹̝̟̣̻o̻̲͚̞͉͢͜ṵ̶̙̟̙̤̀͜.̷͎̟͚͙̹͔͘ ͏͎̭͕K̷͎̜̘̻̬̰̠e̡͖̥̜̖̪̺e̮͢͝p̱͔̪̠̼̰͙̞ ̶̤̪i͔t̼̺͝ ̢̠̜̜̗͎̹͖͟o͇͇͎͠f̹̗͇̳͡f̶̘̘ ̗̞̞͍͢ṱ̼̮̤͉ḫ̴̮̜̣̱̫̲e̵̦̟̼ ̶̨̠͙̗̻̞̟͓͜ͅf̡̛̪̪̗͜o̫̜̲̫͓̕ͅr͎͓͎͝u҉͔̻̰̜̥̱̟m̴͕͖̳̠̯s͇͝ ͎̝̟͚͇͖̱̠.̨̛̜̦͘ ̷͎̲͔̝̱̠͓
    Last edited by PPS_Valerie; 01-06-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Wow who would have thought an old nursery rhyme would put you so on edge?
    If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. - Sun Tzu

They are stepping things up then I think, that's a bit past what we've done so far, interesting.

I wonder if the don't look behind was the tip that one?
    Definitely seems to be the case in that regard.

Will be interesting to see where the clues lead in the future.

GET OUT! GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGE TOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETO UTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!

I don't like those things you whisper when I look away! I'm real! I'm not just some...created figment you all tell me I am.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson View Post
    GET OUT! GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGE TOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETO UTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!

I don't like those things you whisper when I look away! I'm real! I'm not just some...created figment you all tell me I am.
    Figment, or fragment?

You think, but you are not.
    You are not.
    You are nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Last edited by PPS_Jackson; 01-09-2017 at 08:52 AM. Reason: NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Welp, guess it's time start combing through the html of all the insiders as well. Wonderful.

Still don't understand the references to Don't Look Behind You and graves

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Remember that time we all fell down?
    Great, now I have Toad the Wet Sprocket stuck in my head.
    "You must seek out the saint of the ring!"

Destroyer of Worlds

Welp, guess it's time start combing through the html of all the insiders as well. Wonderful.

Still don't understand the references to Don't Look Behind You and graves
    Graves I'm not sure. You could extend "don't look behind you" to fit looking at a pages HTML though, since the code is "behind" the page you see in a way. I'm not sure if that's a stretch or not.

You could also fit it into that insider since it was looking at the past history (behind us) of something.

I may just be fitting things to my own head though

Graves I'm not sure. You could extend "don't look behind you" to fit looking at a pages HTML though, since the code is "behind" the page you see in a way. I'm not sure if that's a stretch or not.

You could also fit it into that insider since it was looking at the past history (behind us) of something.

I may just be fitting things to my own head though
    I was about to try that, but it appears that PP's website itself "all fell down". I'm sure it will be up in a few minutes.

Destroyer of Worlds

Several new names on the list of mystery and dread

I'm hoping they'll say what the mystery list is for at Smogcon.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Voltago View Post
    I'm hoping they'll say what the mystery list is for at Smogcon.
    Something big like the names of the warlocks is probably too big a sacrifice. I'm currently betting it's mention in narrative pieces as murder victims or something.

Congrats to all the new names!

Hopefully nothing too sinister happens as a result.

Congrats to all the new names!

Hopefully nothing too sinister happens as a result.
    Just replacement with spider-men changelings, so nothing sinister at all. Click... click... click...
    "If its ears are round, put it in the ground."

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast