Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Results 1,041 to 1,074 of 1074

Thanks

Looks like a lot of good changes, I am excited to see the Cataphracts see more play.

Parasite on Hex1, oh my...

[last update: 21 FEB 2016, HoJ]
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum

Well looks like X2, Naaresh and the Legends of Halaak are going to see a lot more play on my tables.

Congrats guys! Seems you got leveled up to Legion levels which is very nice indeed. Beast heavy seems very viable, not totally convinced about infantry heavy but that still can change with a Theme.

I am curious because it is such a sexy model, do you guys think the Hydra is good enough now? I can imagine playing it, with 2 Krea's, and Mak1 as a MASSIVE screw you to shooting. Everyone has shield guard, your guns are at -3 range, -2 rat and -2 pow.

If you have the option with exploiting this many Field Marshal boosts the Hydra is okay but not what your really looking for for most 'excellent' Warlocks Nux

Quote Originally Posted by NuxTakeTheWheel View Post
    I am curious because it is such a sexy model, do you guys think the Hydra is good enough now? I can imagine playing it, with 2 Krea's, and Mak1 as a MASSIVE screw you to shooting. Everyone has shield guard, your guns are at -3 range, -2 rat and -2 pow.
    Hydra is kind of Blightbringer now... animus is very strong against ranged game. Something tells me we are going to see her.

Destroyer of Worlds possiblyarowbot's Avatar

Great googly moogly. Swam + Force Aura
    When you find yourself outnumbered, outmanned, outgunned and outclassed... do something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arractur View Post
    Hydra is kind of Blightbringer now... animus is very strong against ranged game. Something tells me we are going to see her.
    You see Blightbringers?

OK, I think I need to make an offering to whatever deity that protected my Skorne collection from being sold. Because I think its time has come.

Arcuarii with total WM - wicked sick 0_o

Parasite on Hex1, oh my...
    Yeah. I just said "is that even alright?" out loud to myself.
    This is great.

Those are some good looking changes! As an ex-Skorne player, I'm really happy for you guys!

Retribution MK3 record: W/L 25/8
    Helynna 15/4, Kaelyssa 5/0, Ravyn 0/2, Vyros2 3/1, Vyros1 0/1, Issyria 2/0
    2017 record: 2/0
    Issyria 1/0, Kaelyssa 1/0

I think I laughed maniacally at least five times as I read the release notes. There was also a ten-second stunned pause upon seeing Xerxis2's field marshal. Let the Skorne Empire rise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkoenig View Post
    Ok, first and foremost, one does not jump into Circle--the proper and dignified means of transportation for a Circle warlock is teleportation.

Is it just me? Or did pMakeda just become amazing with Skorne Heavy infantry? Run them up, feat to keep them all alive as they make retaliatory strikes and then let them move on and kill the enemy's next wave.

Quote Originally Posted by NuxTakeTheWheel View Post
    Is it just me? Or did pMakeda just become amazing with Skorne Heavy infantry? Run them up, feat to keep them all alive as they make retaliatory strikes and then let them move on and kill the enemy's next wave.
    While not bad, know where infantry stands versus gunlines Its cool for a pair though but Id suggest starting with a beasty build.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceofNature View Post
    There was also a ten-second stunned pause upon seeing Xerxis2's field marshal.
    Yeah that field marshal is crazy! I love it xD

So many changes, so many lists to build... I don't even know where to start o_o
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Nyss are known to raid pillow factories all across the northern border of Khador. It's super weird and super annoying for the rural folk just trying to get a comfortable night's sleep.
    If you're interested in programming, check out my blog! (Not Warmachine related, but I'm not ashamed of the plug)

Quote Originally Posted by JDAntoine View Post
    While not bad, know where infantry stands versus gunlines Its cool for a pair though but Id suggest starting with a beasty build.
    Being a Farrow player I understand how vulnerable high arm infantry is to shooting, but with +2 def/arm, shield guards, and possibly even the hydra (though that honestly sounds like too much of an investment), I think you could make a 7 man Cetratti brick with Vorkesh legitimately scary. Only time will tell. Not a skorne player, but it is super cool to see people have their faith in the game restored and excited about playing again!

I partially agree but will say the beast orientated bonusses seem way more powerful

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by wolf9416 View Post
    Yeah that field marshal is crazy! I love it xD

So many changes, so many lists to build... I don't even know where to start o_o
    start with X2, he is playable again! If you dont have that model though.....*shrugs* got nothing for ya.

ohhh man lots of cool stuff I already used legends of Halaak now there just stupid good lol. The alright bears just became The better bears!! Mak 1 looks super fun! and Zaal 2 looks even better with his stone friends!! lots of great tweeks thanks PP!! Now to plan for captain con!
    2017 Games
    Skorne Makeda2 1-0 Morghoul1 0-1
    Retribution

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!

Well done PP, you have pulled it off. Love the changes to my two favourites, Mak1 and Xerxis 2, really feel Skorne has game now. Now to dojo lists for the next 6 hours.......
    Founding member of The International Toast Society

Destroyer of Worlds Sardonic Artery's Avatar

Let's take errata chat here: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...and-Discussion

Wouldn't mind a mod lock on this one either.
    The nicest signature I'm ever gonna have: Excellent work on Skorne, PP.

so after I get out of my bunk with the errata (don't judge), I'll formulate more of an opinion other than
    "Oh my lord here's a just reward, Bring me my devil, just behind the door"

Zombie Conqueror

Reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally excited! Feels like MK3 just released
    Looking forward to just trying a bunch of stuff!

Everyone here in germany not only the skorne player, thinks you have done a great job with skorne.
    Thanks for this fantastik fraktion PP

Warrior

OK, I think I need to make an offering to whatever deity that protected my Skorne collection from being sold. Because I think its time has come.

Arcuarii with total WM - wicked sick 0_o
    But we still needs the equivalent of the Ol' Good "Fist of Halaak" to get Cataphracts playable again. WM on harpoons is good but not "game changing". Points-price reduction is good, "Tough" on Cataphract-anything is good and "Set Defence" on Cetrati is VERY good from my point of view. But, I think, in an "ordinary" (say "Not-Old-FoH-Themed") list you will use one squad of Cetrati. Plus Vorkseh.

Arcuarii... Well... They are still short-ranged and - tell me, what role they will (or - must) play? Instead of - what?
    For the melee-centric heavy infantry - we still have Cetrati (or even Immortals, kek).
    For ranged support - weeeell... Titans-Canoneers, venator-units etc. Even Mammoth can shine sometimes

I'm not telling you that they're point sink, I really want to see where to use them outside any "FoH-like" tier... Do you have any ideas?

Destroyer of Worlds

You're a bit too categorical.

The Cetrati were playable, they got straight better, so they are playable now too.

Arcuarii seem the best way to use Parasite, or maybe Mortality. But mostly Parasite. Under parasite even a Khador jack will dislike the barrage of WM pow 12. The other options to do that, like the flayer cannon, are much slower (and less expensive).

Incendiarii look like they really, really like to toast some Una chickens. Even if they miss both the fire and the blast will do damage. If they do hit, a 2 man CRA have good chance of killing one between the hit and the fire.

Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    You're a bit too categorical.
    Didn't meant to...

The Cetrati were playable, they got straight better, so they are playable now too.
    Of course. The single thing that were saddens me about them right from the start of MK3 - it was their 5 wounds stat and points-price.

Arcuarii seem the best way to use Parasite, or maybe Mortality. But mostly Parasite. Under parasite even a Khador jack will dislike the barrage of WM pow 12. The other options to do that, like the flayer cannon, are much slower (and less expensive).
    Of course when we start talking about support - they are good. But in "Spheremachine" - they have threat range of 13" which isn't very good. It's good but not wow'ish.
    Don't get me wrong - I have something like twelve of those boyz and I'm planning to use them somehow but there are still better choices. They will get their usage, of course - but noooooot in every list.

Incendiarii look like they really, really like to toast some Una chickens. Even if they miss both the fire and the blast will do damage. If they do hit, a 2 man CRA have good chance of killing one between the hit and the fire.
    Una chickens?... Sorry didn't have much experience with this Circle warlock. Is it, like, the new Brad in the town?
    Last edited by asm0dai; Today at 02:50 AM.

Destroyer of Worlds

More or less, yes. It's the griffins, who are 15/13 buggers who are immune to melee one turn in the game. And stealth. They are pretty hard to kill considering the no-melee stuff, but as the arm 13 implie, they really don't like fire.

Warrior

More or less, yes. It's the griffins, who are 15/13 buggers who are immune to melee one turn in the game. And stealth. They are pretty hard to kill considering the no-melee stuff, but as the arm 13 implie, they really don't like fire.
    Oh... I see. So, it will be only deviations. Or maybe Cyclops-Raider. More to think about...

Destroyer of Worlds

Or being 5" away. With a tycomm, you do that from 12" away total, which is something Una need to respect.

Destroyer of Worlds Sideshow Lucifer's Avatar

Skorn is actually in a really good place now. There is so much that is playable and fun. Skorn also can pretty much shut down gunlines with the right list, which will hopefully warp the meta a bit. Armor/hit-box spam will fear the hitting and alpha potential of the faction as well.
    Skorn still doesn't play into Wurmwood very well, but that's fine when it can play into so many other things that are commonly brought.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627