Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Destroyer of Worlds Angry Norway's Avatar

Default Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Technical Difficulties Iteration

Re-reboot of my batrep thread.

Original mark 3 version ran out of space with all the hyperlinks in the opening post here.

Game 105: Thexus1 vs High Reclaimer Slam
    Game 106: Thexus1 vs Zaadesh2 Slam
    Game 107: Gorten1 vs Zaadesh2 Slam
    Game 108: Gorten1 vs MacBain1
    Game 109: Gorten1 vs Rahn1

Game 110: Gorten1 vs Elara2
    Game 111: Gorten1 vs Zaadesh2
    Game 112: Gorten1 vs Damiano1
    Game 113: Gorten1 vs Sorscha2
    Game 114: Durgen1 vs Severius1 (50 Pointer)

Game 115: Gorten1 vs Ragnar1
    Game 116: Thexus1 vs Elara2
    Game 117: Gorten1 vs Maddox1 (Minimalist Write Up)
    Game 118: Old Witch1 vs Severius1 (50 Pointer)
    Game 119: Gorten1 vs Severius1

Game 120: Durgen1 vs Makeda3
    Game 121: Durgen1 vs Helynna1
    Game 122: Durgen1 vs Maddox1
    Game 123: Gorten1 vs Haley2
    Game 124: Gorten1 vs Axis1

Game 125: Thexus1 vs Brisbane1
    Game 126: Gorten1 vs Brisbane1
    Game 127: Thexus1 vs Damiano1 Slam
    Game 128: Thexus1 vs Haley2 Slam
    Game 129: Sturm and Drang1 vs Severius2 (50 Pointer)

Game 130: Sturm and Drang1 vs Ossrum1 Hammerstrike (Government Mule Beatdown)
    Game 131: Gorten1 vs Madrak3 Slam
    Game 132: Gorten1 vs Amon1 Slam
    Game 133: Gorten1 vs Morghoul2
    Game 134: Gorten1 vs Axis1

Game 135: Bart1 vs Testament
    Game 136: Thexus1 vs Stryker2 Cancon Masters Rnd1
    Game 137: Gorten1 vs High Reclaimer1 Cancon Masters Rnd2
    Game 138: Gorten1 vs Una2 Cancon Masters Rnd3
    Game 139: Gorten1 vs Rahn1 Cancon Masters Rnd4

Game 140: Gorten1 vs Skarre1 Cancon Masters Rnd5
    Game 141: Gorten1 vs Nemo3 Cancon IG Rnd1
    Game 142: Gorten1 vs Feora1 Cancon IG Rnd2
    Game 143: Gorten1 vs Una2 Cancon IG Rnd3
    Game 144: Gorten1 vs Witch Coven Cancon IG Rnd 4

Cancon Speed Machine and Who's The Boss
    Game 145: Shae1 Zoo vs Thyra1
    Game 146: Bart1 vs Ossrum1
    Game 147: Bart1 vs Axis1
    Game 148: Bart1 vs Irusk2 Kick in the Junk

Game 149: Ossrum1 (Bunny Warren) vs Damiano1
    Game 150: Ossrum1 (Bunny Warren) vs Caine 2
    Game 151: Ossrum1 (Bunny Warren) vs Rasheth1
    Game 152: Ossrum1 (Bunny Warren) vs Axis1
    Game 153: Gorten1 vs Xerxis1 Clash Rnd1

Game 154: Gorten1 vs Rahn1 Clash Rnd2
    Game 155: Gorten1 vs Maddox1 Clash Rnd3
    Game 156: Round 4 Clash
    Game 157: MacBain1 vs Maelok1
    Last edited by Angry Norway; 02-21-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    I support non-image bloated signatures. My sense of humour is deficient.
    Post count equates time spent typing online and nothing more.
    My r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ extremely specific batreps

Reserved Post 2

Reserved Post 3

Reserved Post 4

Finally got to play in a Slam!

Laziness means I throw down the Cephalyx.

Thexus1 - Subduer, 3x Wrecker, 3x Warden, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminators
    Objective: Stockpile

Round 1 we get High Reclaimer piloted by the Salt and Pepper patrol, who lacking my innate laziness already did a better
    write up over here: http://mk3menoth.com/?p=137

It's the Dingaling list from WTC:
    High Reclaimer - Scourge of Hair, Reckoner, Cleansers + UA, Idrians (Min) + UA, Vengers, Choir (Min), Rhoven and jerks

It's Outlast on a table strewn with hills, one side has a splash of water and an obstruction, the other has a forest in a zone
    and a way back trench.

Scenario isn't super live for me, so I have to pursue attrition, which means going for unit wipes and not getting deaded by
    the feat. The most threatening thing is the Vengers, as two of them charging Thexus fairly reliably gut him (I think, haven't
    bothered crunching the numbers).

I win the roll and dive on first, if I go second then I have no chance of getting the slow burn scenario going which greatly aids
    the attrition struggle.

Other side report has a lot better and less lazy photos, so go their for quality. Read on for hyperbole and brain drift.

Merc 1: I get the water/obstruction side.
    Going first I decide to do the Eliminator stab for focus plan, as I expect the Menites will try to suss out a weird assassination
    which will keep my clock relatively safe.
    A Wrecker ends up going way left, around the obstruction to take on the Cleansers.
    I've got a blob of Monstrosities in the centre (Subduer, Wrecker, 2 Wardens), across from them is the Menite battlegroup.
    The centre Wrecker is also the Idrian Prey target, who relocated for the sake of making that ability less relevant (Prey is a hard
    proposition against this kind of low model good positioning tools list).
    One Wrecker, warden and Thexus go right, intent is to get a sneaky Dominate on the right zone if the Vengers shuffle centreward
    to take on the Mosntrosity blob in the middle.

I cast Deflection, get distracted like a full and do a couple TK's without healing the Eliminator damage. That's just an elementary
    Thexus error at this point, though I'll pretend immediately spotting a bad error is like water in the face. Totes. Definitely stopped

mistakes after that. Hope I'm convincing you of that, because it's not working as I try to convince myself.

Menoth 1: The fanatics run screaming at me, like the mythical Gerbil charge off a cliff.
    No weird redeployments, so the centre mob of Monstrosity distraction plan didn't work. More a hope than a plan really.
    The Cleansers take up a classic checker board formation at the top of the left zone.
    Reclaimer, Scourge and Rhoven's posse haul up around the trench. Reckoner goes out front.
    On the right the Idrians hang around the forest, CRA the right side Warden who Hyper Aggressives forward after a decent wollop.
    The Vengers stick out on the right, spread out with the appropriate steering-clear-of-death fella up the back.

High Reclaimer puts a cloud in line with the forest, I like to think of as a sympathetic nod to my own miscasting of spells in my turn.
    Plus clouds plonking down against Cephalyx weirdly seems to be a thing (The to hit debuff would have been super relevant, but very
    hard to place without getting Reclaimer brutalised).
    Choir also no-spells the jacks. This will be a reoccurring trend.
    Cleansers get Hand of Fate. Boo.

Merc 2: I'm not killing squat this turn, nothing is far forward enough. I measured out a Subduer drag and murder on the Reckoner,
    but needed my feat which I wasn't willing to pop for a relatively low value kill (Feat needs to pop either Reclaimer or a full unit of
    something important).

Net result is Monstrosities spread out and barely toe zones. Two Wardens and a Wrecker takes the left, the damaged Warden and
    Wrecker take the right.
    Eliminators fuel up some wardens, Subduer, Wrecker and Thexus go to the middle.

The front three Vengers can go into the Monstrosities in front of them, but can't all focus on one, so by my eyeball they should survive
    though might be a touch mangled.

Thexus also heals up this time, casts Deflection and camps three (should have spent those on healing heavies, but oh well).

Menoth 2: Reclaimer, Jacks, Rhoven and choir don't really move. Reckoner pops a shot into the centre Warden.
    Idrians move around, do another big CRA on the right Warden, does some damage.
    These are free attacks essentially, if I Hyper Aggressive forward then I get into worse Venger chargers and the Knight Exemplar get into
    range.

Right side, the Vengers charge in, do some damage to the Wrecker, but two focus on the CRA's victimised Warden and maul him pretty bad,
    though thankfully his important system is functional (Like a zombie, monstrosities have a severe reliance on not being stabbed in the brain,
    though a great deal of the time they can still shuffle and flail ineffectually).

Left side the Cleansers move up, I think they pop their mini feat. They spray and roll absolutely awful, the three left Monstrosities get a load of
    focus and some better positioning in exchange for a handful of damage points.

The Knights Exemplar just sort of hang around, a few of them go up the middle into positions of extreme annoyance.

Merc 3: The Vengers have a dude behind a forest and are completely safe. My only means of popping the unit is Hex Blasts
    on a battle Driven dude, which feels awful (Throw down number crunching here).
    That's out the window, the next proposition is feat the Reckoner across, slam him over Reclaimer and get a Warden follow up
    move buying three attacks that autohit. He had plentiful camp alas, Shield Guards to stop the Subduer drag for an alternate
    take and none of the Agitators even with a TK were close enough for their puny Instigate bubble.

Finally we are on to the workable plan C. C for third in priority of what I want to do and also because it's Plan Cleanser Murder.
    I have to wipe out the whole unit, for which I intend to utilise the left Wrecker and two Wardens.

Thexus goes first, he TK's the Subduer forward to get next to the Obstruction, feat pushes the left side of the board around,
    creating a dream Thresher (it was 8 or so models, courtesy of my opponents extreme courtesy in placement assistance), moves
    the Knights Exemplar around and pulls the Reckoner forward for a clean drag line so the Subduer can drag in and pop a Heavy to.
    After that it was a TK on the central Wrecker so he could make it through the water and another Psycho Surgery for my variously
    damaged list.

The two side Agitators advance and Instigate. They really should just be called Instigators, I loathe when I need to use Influence.

Left Wrecker goes in, dream Threshers, I realise I'd botched the math, for whatever reason miscalculating in my head that I'd
    need 5's when I in fact needed 6's. The result is that after all the focus is spent, I've sadly left an unexpected Cleanser alive.

At this juncture, there are four Cleansers. One on the hill, the awful loser in front of the Wrecker and the officer with a back guy.
    The one on the hill has a date with a charging Wrecker, the other two I set up for a perfect slam from the other Warden. I struggle
    to find a way to kill that Wrecker engaging tool, who at least isn't in the zone though that isn't worth much.

I was out of range to throw one Cleanser into another, maybe there was a play with the Subduer if I drop the plan to kill the Reckoner,
    but even now I'm not seeing how I land it. Even the drag shot would have been fine, but getting the angle would be hard (Need a
    boosted 9 to hit the Cleanser).

In any event, this was already a waaaaay longer turn than I wanted, when I needed my clock to be an ally against the now impending
    feat of doom.

One Warden goes up and clears the infantry out of the zone, powering up the Exemplars a little, the other hangs backfield (Though,
    looking at it, there is a distinct possibility I forgot to activate it at all, doesn't seem to have moved....).

Subduer/central Wrecker drag in and kill the Reckoner.

Now is maximum panic mode, I realise that I probably don't have enough Sac Pawn for Thexus with a single unhurt Monstrosity, plus
    there is a good landing zone for a couple Vengers I need to take up.
    I take the only feasible solution I can see, though it isn't good.

The right zone Wrecker kills a Venger, freeing up the damaged as Warden to run over and shield Thexus.

With a sense of Resignation I go to 1 CP and slap the clock of sadness.

Menoth 3: You can tell I was listening to Active Player for that last turn, went way longer than necessary.
    Sure enough, Reclaimer walks up and feats. The Cleansers re-emerge in a line ready to flame on, a couple Knights Exemplar reform
    from the clay of the first losers Menoth was then a ****ty dad to, the Venger I had to pop gets churned out of the pony death
    factory again.

My Sac Pawn targets are the Wrecker and super damaged Warden.

Idrian's CRA yet again the same Warden. because they are mean.
    The respawned Venger and the Knight Exemplar go into the Warden and wipe it off (The poor Venger puts it on one box). The
    Exemplar don't do ideal attacks, primarily because the BFC is an idealised human playing my carbon copy iteration (Didn't specify
    target attacks, cost a redirected charge essentially). Wrecker loses most of his armour boxes and right arm.

The Cleansers then go in the critical error in the run. They aim to do shots instead of assaulting. They get two shots into Thexus that
    ping to the Wrecker, but ultimately cause the Subduer to Hyper Aggressive and engage them.

There's some other round about actions, but they don't matter at this point.

I don't know if it's just my particular fear or not, but I really feel that the melee assassination is miles better. I think the plan, as an
    uninformed player, is Heresy kills the back Venger guy, Idrians kill the one near the wrecker. They get feated back outside my Wreckers
    melee. Exemplars charge the damaged Warden, which then gets finished off or Impact cleared by the Vengers who pop Thexus. It's
    probably way more difficult to manage than I think with positioning and so forth, but that's that.

Merc 4: Thexus heals, TK's Reclaimer forward and around, Instigated Subduer drags him in, Wrecker eeks forward to finish him off.

Me on the right, though I'd be lower out of the times if not for the all in assassination run.

I think if we re-racked the odds go to Reclaimer, as the onus for the difficult plays goes to me first. That said had I stuck Thexus behind
    that Obstruction with a Warden next to him possibly things are just good for me? Gives away the right side of the board though, where
    I'm forced into a contest vs Menite scoring struggle.

Slam finale, it remains Leather clad and Oiled man meat.
    Thexus1 - Subduer, 3x Wrecker, 3x Warden, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminator

Into the Rensinor with the most popular of the factions I play into locally for...reasons I guess?
    Zaadesh2 - Gladiator, the Skeksi beast guy, Tiberion, Slingers, Immortals, Hakaar, Pain Givers, Saxon, Orin

Rebranded Close Quarters alas, so not super live.
    Plan is the usual trade up and attrition it out. Assassinate when it opens up.
    Important terrain is one flag abuts a trench, the other is in water and the centre of the board has a forest.

Round 1: Fuel up and throw focus around. Thexus leans to the right side, experiences the joy of having stabby bits and
    becomes a yellow proxy base.
    Skorne stuff runs up, Slingers on the left, Immortals on the right, beasts in the centre. Tibbers leads out, with Orin 3 inches
    away.
    Inviolable Resolve goes on the Immortals.

Merc 2: I can pop Tibbers this turn, but it'll require my feat and a pair of Wreckers to do so. It feels like the right play at the
    time, Tibbers being the most annoying piece for me to deal with on the opposing side.

Looking at it now, I ponder if I should have sacrificed a Wrecker to just arcnode. Orin would cancel, but that burns some power
    tokens then if Tibbers doesn't come forward I sit pretty and if he does I kill him with less valuable non-Wrecker pieces.

In any event, I feat to push back Orin, Rampager Tibbers forward and TK two Wreckers forward.
    They go in and eat the character heavy. Good times.
    Otherwise my stuff hangs back out of Immortal charge range, I have a very uneven split of one Warden out left and everything
    else out right, the non-suicidal Wrecker should have been more central behind the forest to go where it would be most impactful.

Skorne 2: Zaadesh hangs on the hill back in the Skorne side and feats, drops Inviolable. Gladiator Rushes Despoiler, who charges
    and kills one Monstrosity then pops Arcane Suppression. The Immortals pop the other Wrecker.
    Slingers run up and chock up the left Warden.
    Hakaar and Orin hang out as Despoilers butt buddies.

Merc 3:
    This feat is actually very annoying for me. Immortals with increased strength hitting the wrong columns on my paper armour jack
    equivalent is bad.
    I resolve to kill all the Immortals, I should be going for Despoiler as well but I don't fathom a good way to do it and I'm definitely
    behind clock wise.

Thexus falls back out of Suppression range, heals and does three TK's to group up Immortals for good slams and AoE3 clumping.
    Eliminators go through and clean up some Slingers, which is not an ideal use of their time.
    Subduer aims, knocks down five of the Immortals, dragging one in to die.
    One Warden then slams one Immortal into two others, killing two. The other Warden then slams an Immortal into Orin, sadly doesn't
    kill him.
    I then put the Wrecker in and kill most of the Immortals, leaving one of them alive.

Left Warden kills some Slingers, I guess he's basically the sibling that can't hold a job.
    Various support pieces run around like headless chickens.
    Last edited by Angry Norway; 11-23-2016 at 03:56 AM.

Skorne 3: Hakaar goes into a Warden and frankly embarrasses himself. My memory of him is primarily with Last Stand, this
    was not that.
    Despoiler and the Gladaitor then come in and maul said Warden and the last Wrecker.
    Zaadesh moves up in the backfield, ready to participate in the future. Puts Inviolable Resolve on Despoiler, which I personally
    am not a fan of.
    Slingers jam in, because they are gits.

Merc 4: The Heavy trading isn't go as well as I'd anticipated, it feels quite bad at this stage. "You should've killed Despoiler by now"
    screamed as a consistent refrain in my brain.
    Plan is to fix that by killing the Gladiator and Despoiler.

Eliminators that were mired in Slingers go up and kill Orin, the other lot fuel up the Subduer and the Warden.
    Thexus goes even further back toward Killbox corner, Hex Blasts Inviolable away.
    It takes me a bit to nut it out, I end up using the Subduer to drag in the Gladiator. He then rolls like rubbish and doesn't kill it,
    though I'm pretty sure on average he doesn't anyway. I don't think I'm mentally calibrated to not having the Subduer be one of the
    opening disposal pieces, they lack the attacks of the Warden and the raw power of the Wrecker.
    Warden then charges Hakaar, I roll far greater than I deserve and pop him with the charge attack, then kill the Gladiator, then maul
    Despoiler pretty badly but don't kill him.
    Left Warden tires of being mired in nonsense and kills a bunch of Slingers.

Skorne 4: No Pic, as I was under the clock constraint time.
    Zaadesh goes in and kills the Warden. Despoiler then walks up and attacks the Subduer. Fortunately for me his Body was healed from
    the previous turns mauling, so he maxes Fury and achieves little. The other bits and pieces fail to do anything of note.

Merc 5: It's murder Zaadesh time, as he's been forced forward to try to pip the attrition angle.
    Thexus charges Despoiler, TK's him away, TK's Zaadesh around. Subduer drags him in, easily kills him.

Not my greatest Thexusing. A few different Skorne moves and it could have gone badly.

At the time I thought my big mistake was Wrecker fails, I maintain that to be the case. Need to lead out with a Warden/Wrecker combo
    in situations where it's all about suiciding a heavy.

Events conspired against me having any mid week games, but joyously managed to get another Slam. Now in ye old Cancon
    practice mode in theory, plus being lazy about sorting out my Shae model, it was either Thexus or Gorten. Had enough of
    weird Squid head control freaks for the moment, so it's the other Push feat in Mercs time.

Gorten1 - 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, 2x Gunner, Wrongeye w/Snapjaw, Rorsh w/Brine, Tinker, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt, 2x Eliminators,
    Acosta
    Objective: Bunker

It's glorious rematch time into aulie-aulie-aulie.

Zaadesh2 - Tiberion, Despoiler, Gladiator, Orin, Paingivers, Hakaar, Nihilators, Slingers, Saxon Orrick

Change from last time being the Nihilators replacing the Immortals and by care about the anti-magic tech dropping considerably.

Scenario is the glorious Pit, which is excellent for me.

I won the roll and picked second for the sake of getting the first scoring opportunity, one side of the zone had an obstruction in a
    position of doom so I nabbed that. I also get a Trench and an outflanking forest, there's some central rubble on ne side of the zone,
    some Skorne impeding water and other terrain that doesn't prove to be relevant.

Skorne 1: Everything runs up, Slingers go up on the left, Nihilators up the guts, Zaadesh and Beasts on the back right.
    Inviolable Resolve goes on the Nihilators.

Merc 1: Standard plan, Gorten will go to the friendly flag to get the slow burn scoring game on, everything moves up mostly as a clump
    at the bottom of the zone. I throw up a wall that adds to the Obstruction block, Eliminators go out front in place to run and contest the
    Skorne flag if coutner scoring gets attempted. Acosta goes up behind the wall and waves his hands.
    The Drillers hang back, no need for the heavies to get super mauled from the Slingers.
    Ninja Pigs go up the right edge, moving to threaten the opposing flag with Ragman accompanying.

Solid Ground, Star Crossed and Submerges throw down.

Round 2: Skorne mostly run up again. Slingers maul the most forward Gunner.
    Despoiler charges up, gets purposely slowed down the rubble for a little bit with Arcane Suppression up.
    Zaadesh goes over the wall up the back but doesn't go to the flag and feats. Nihilators run up, two charge Acosta, they miss courtesy of
    wall and Star Crossed, he Dodges out of the way (Moving I would trigger Retaliatory strike, would rather preserve him for later).
    A pair of clouds go up to block line of sight to Despoiler, in Countercharge range if I try to ping him with shots.

An error that didn't get caught until next game: Rorsh is range 10 on his gun, not 12, which I misplayed this game like a muppet.

Continue enacting the plan, I drop the wall for now to let the Eliminators in.
    Orin isn't in range to Vortex Hakaar, so Aiyanna harms the old bloke, between Holt and the mauled Gunner I spike hard and manage to blow
    him away.
    Left Eliminators charge up and pop some Slingers, avoiding giving Tibbers a Countercharge trigger.
    Wrongeye stays in hiding, pops Star Crossed again.
    Gorten hugs the flag, puts down a new wall at contesting range.
    On the other side of the obstruction, I put a Driller to threaten Despoiler with Eliminators in front to make it work for the Skorne Skeksi to
    get in. Even if he does, a 10 point Driller is worth it.
    Rorsh and the right most Gunner move in and pew pew Despoiler, Brine and Raggles move up to be in safe range from the Skorne heavies.

Mercs go to 1 CP.

Skorne 3: Slingers move around, finish off the mauled Gunner.
    Orin Lightnings the Driller, popping both Green Eliminators, allowing Despoiler to charge in and pop the sacrifice heavy. Oh well.
    The other skorne heavies hang back, Zaadesh goes to the skorne flag and puts down two clouds to stop Brine coming in on him.

Nothing contests my flag, so points go to 2 vs 1 to Mercs.
    Looking at it, the Nihilators didn't activate at all, skipped in the various tank phases. Alas.

Merc 3: Gorten continues chilling.
    Aiyanna Harms Despoiler, between Holt and Rorsh he gets shot down.
    Red Eliminators kill more Slingers and the front Nihilator, letting the Spray Bunnies come in and churn down more of the chaff
    Skorne and Orin.
    Acosta slashes down some Slingers, Snapjaw runs across to the left in the Trench, in case Tibbers comes barrelling up.
    Brine moves in a little bit, Ragman runs to contest the Skorne flag.

I go up 3 to 1 CP.

Skorne 4: Slingers run up, do flail attacks and contest my flag.
    Nihilators charge a spray Bunny on the right, do not particularly great.
    Tibbers tires of constantly falling over, turns into a Green Proxy base and moves further into the zone.

Merc 4: Close out time.
    Gorten moves to the far side of my flag, feats things away, ensuring he wings Tibbers with his control area. Eliminators, Acosta
    and Snapjaw clear off Slingers and Saxon, Bunnies kill the Nihialtors so nothing can contest my flag. One Eliminator also pops a
    pair of Paingivers.
    Brine goes in, pops Animus and kills the Gladiator.

I go to 4, there's no way for Skorne to contest or kill Gorten, so that's game.

Me on the left.

Well, the Pit remains the same good place for Gorten to be. If I don't screw up I'm not really sure what Skorne gets to do here.

Round 2, sweet Slamism. The list remains:

Gorten1 - 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, 2x Gunner, Wrongeye w/Snapjaw, Rorsh w/Brine, Tinker, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt, 2x Eliminators,
    Acosta

Scenario, after a couple attempts of the randomiser trying to offer Linebreaker (How about...no...) is Incursion. From the best
    Gorten scenario to the worst. Dangit.

Into my ex-favourite caster from that other game, the one Thexus awkwardly asks about as we cuddle at night on the bed
    (Assuming all pairing casters + Players are essentially a sitcomish Polyamorous relationship).

Somewhere I probably wrote that McaBain is trash. The unfortunate truth is he's fine, but he doesn't do what I want him to
    anymore, in that he significantly improved in the details and overall is extremely unchanged (i.e. his skill cap is managed by how
    good you are at managing/selecting your upkeeps) but the pieces I liked with him are no longer applicable (Alexia1 no longer
    does hilarious Counter Measure bubbles, Kayazy Assassins are both trash and I veered away from in Mark 2 anyway, Gun Mages
    can't even be taken in Mercs).
    The whole Grievous Wounds nightmare didn't really pan out.

Woe is me.

In any event, time to eat some words!

MacBain1 - Galleon, 2x Nomads, 2x Steelheads (Min), Trenchers + UA, Rangers, Orin, Kell

So I win the roll, and I find myself hating the table. Whoever runs these Slams things is a terrible person.

There's a wall off centre of the table, so that'll limit things pretty hard. One side gets some water, a central brown hill and a forest
    of doom on the right.
    Other side has two forests.

I'm thrown back into my regret for the lack of Pathfinder. I decide to go second and pick the less foresty side, this is a mistake for
    a couple reasons that we'll get to later.

MacBain 1: Some Hammerdwarves are Proxying as Steelhead Halberdiers.
    Kell goes into the left forest. Trenchers head out to the left and behind the safety wall, Nomads and Steelheads behind. Galleon
    moves up to the right of centre of the board, Rangers crowd into the right forest. Everything sticks back from Bunny threat ranges,
    though for whatever reason I suffer sever discombobulation and struggle to add up 5+8=13.
    The centre Nomad gets Failsafe, the Trenchers get Fortune, the righter side of Halberdiers (the Black Undercoat chaps) get
    Countermeasures.

Gorten 1: The pangs of table side regret strike early. Still 9997 hours or so until I master fighting Kingmakers (Though given it's
    comparative local popularity we might get their eventually).
    Essentially the issue is Kingmakers (MacBain/Damiano iterations anyway) projects a lot of board presence early on, which is awful
    when the play for me to normally make is to play for the centre and another flag to get the scenario game going, that ain't happening.
    The forests also aren't really that bad, it's partially why the list is loads of individual models rather than units.

Rorsh, Brine and Ragman move up on the left a little. This is the point wily Judgetron points out my lame error on Rorsh's range, which
    undoes two successful tough rolls. Brine and Raggles then cover the little pig.
    The Crocs head toward the Rangers/Galleon side, though really they just add to the line of blob that is fort Gorten. Principal intent is to
    keep Gorten safe (Put up Solid Ground and Strength of Granite, one camp isn't safe) and if Orin pips forward for Electro leaps he can at
    most pop the forward pair of Eliminators via hitting his own model, rendering Acosta and the other Eliminators safe.

In my favour is that Galleon, while it'll maul a model of mine, at least doesn't drag in to get a free heavy each turn (well, force me to play
    around it anyway. Actual drags shouldn't be super common in my view).

MacBain 2: Rangers spread around, one toes the right flag though can only score if I kill the right load of the unit. Galleon trundles up
    behind, shoots off half of the right Driller (Other one on the left has Strength of Granite).
    The Trenchers pot around, alongside Kell they maul the **** out of Brine. Way more than I was expecting, I calculated expected damaging
    without accounting for two man CRA's that make armour 17 very sad. Like, super sad. They also with Ranger assistance pop the two
    forward most Elimiantors (So much for Orin fear).
    MacBain feats, rolls minimum, puts it on the Counter Measured Steelheads and the forward Rangers.
    Said Steelheads then run around, three of the feated one get in my face.
    The other unit of Steelheads runs out to the extreme left.

Side (Under?) Note: MacBain's feat is worse now it's Random. Loads worse. There's about half a dozen threads of me arguing with another
    poster who feels the exact opposite with the same fervour, so to each their own.

Gorten 2: This is the turn I'm most disgruntled with myself. Robain has done the correct counters to Gorten, Galleon is far enough to threat
    the centre of the board, the Nomads are safe from being killed, MacBain can't be reliably assassinated hugging the Galleon as he is.
    The correct play here should be a mental slap to initiate what I'm meant to realise at the beginning of the game: This is an attrition game, not
    a scenario one. The goal should be to get my heavies to the Galleon or at least both Nomads with feat.
    Instead I've unpacked in a tepid manner that suits throwing Gorten, feating, walking back and scoring two flags, when that plan isn't tenable
    at all.
    I decide I have to save feat. The plan is for the Drillers to throw the Steelheads away, then spray from just out of Counter Measure range and
    pop half a dozen infantry or so.
    Two problems here: Still reeling from my poor planning, I end up in an a self inflicted order of activation issue.
    Acosta knocks down two of the forward Steelies no issue, one Driller gets in and throws with no worries. The other can't without moving
    two Bunnies out of the way, in which case they won't be in position to shoot anyway.
    The net result is a bit half arsed.
    The Bunnies all run to blocking/engaging positions, if they become urgently needed I can always include that thought when I feat.
    Tinker repairs the damaged Driller for one point, alongside snappy they move to be just beyond Galleon's charge range.
    The remaining Eliminator unit goes right, killing a Ranger.
    Left wise, Ragman tries to pew pew a Steelhead and misses, Rorsh moves up sod all, Brine, charge with his Animus and I get very lucky, as I hit
    two Trenchers that fail their tough rolls and I get maximum Snacking rolls.

MacBain 3: Counter Measures and Failsafe drop, Nomads get fuelled.
    The Nomads go forward, and maul a Bunny each, the Trenchers hit Acosta though it takes far more attacks than it should
    courtesy of just dreadful dice, leaving him with 3 boxes.
    The Centre Steelheads don't do to much from memory, I think they basically stand and flail with attacks.
    Galleon blows up an Eliminator, puts the Driller down to 5 boxes, though I'm lucky and only lose the right arm.
    The far left Steelheads charge Brine and Ragman, have no issues butchering both.
    Kell advances to the left flag, pops the killing shot on Acosta.

MacBain goes to 1 CP.

Gorten 3: I've got more pieces than expected, disappointing though Brine's death is. This is definitely feat turn, I've got to
    turn the positioning around and threaten the Galleon.
    I activate the remaining Gun Bunny first, who goes and pops Kell. I had to do it early, as my intended feat push would put
    him in a spot in the forest that would be difficult for me to deal with.
    Likewise, the remaining Red Eliminator and Snapjaw nom on the Steelies/Ranger on the right before I feat them away.
    I screw up with the Eliminator, killing a Ranger but missing on the last Steelehad in the blob, meaning she's left without being
    fully in the forest.
    Gorten charges up to a Trencher, having a good line threading through my models. Attacks do nothing, I feat push everything
    back, I make sure the position clipped Galleon. I don't get Macbain, the right most Ranger or left unit of Steelheads.
    Tinker repairs for three points this time, yay for Gradual improvement.
    Spray Bunny goes to the middle flag, mauls a few Trenchers.
    Rorsh goes mad Gun Ninja, kills the four Steelheads on the left.
    The damaged Driller moves up toward the middle flag, intent being to go on the hill, be out of the Galleon run and jack Hammer
    range, whereas if the Galleon moves up to contest the middle flag he'll be in range of said Driller and Snapjaw.
    The left Driller I charge up to kill a Trencher, as I was feeling like I needed to kill more stuff. Dreadful move, but I was already
    discontent with the length of my turn as it was, though times were broadly equal at this point I think.

Scores level at 1 apiece.

MacBain 4: Galleon destroys the Eliminator annoying the right flag, tries to light up the Driller and rolls poor on damage again
    (In a simile to a dog, the opposing dice had a more fearsome Bark than Bite, though they were doing well enough for the most part),
    re-knocking off the right arm.

Gorten 4: So.....a few caveats from here...

First, I stopped here to play two games, so the memory got scrambled.
    Second, under 15 minutes, so turns weren't particularly as planned.
    Third, I wrote this bit out then my PC overheated and shut down without auto-saving.

All of the action from this point occurs between the left and right flag.

I resolve to just kill stuff and score points if I can. At some point I lose my slight clock advantage tanking over whether to send
    Snappy into the Galleon or not.
    Aiyanna harms the centre Nomad, I send in the right Driller who still had a Cortex, leave it with three boxes and movement so
    the Gunner finishes it off.
    The left Driller, lacking it's Drill arm and Cortex, flails impotently.
    Ragman, Holt and Wrongeye finish off the Steelheads and the last Ranger on the right flag.
    Snapjaw runs to the left, as I abandon the idea of killing the Galleon completely.

I don't score, as I didn't realise there was a contesting Trencher on the centre flag until to many attacks had been expended.

MacBain 5: Galleon goes to the right flag, I don't think it shoots anything? Or if so, it's not meaningful. Well, memorable after
    multiple brain fades at this point.
    The remaining Nomad kills the Driller it previously kicked the **** out of. MacBain charges and destroys the right Driller, then
    energizers back. Orin kicks it up back.
    The Trenchers finally pop their mini-feat, drop some clouds, I save the goddamn post before something happens. The clouds
    leave a gap from the centre flag to MacBain, though there isn't much I can do with it.
    Ragman dies.

MacBain takes the lead, 2v1 CP.

Gorten 5: Roll dice! Slap a monkey! Headbutt the table!
    Tinker runs to contest the right flag, Gobbers being renowned for their willingness to go toe to toe with Colossals.
    Gorten and the Crocodiles charge in and finish off the last Nomad.
    Spray Bunny attacks MacBain, does sweet sod all.

Scores level at 2 all as I score the centre flag.

MacBain 6: The Galleon shoots point blank at the Tinker, the blasts only injure him, then the Harpoon gets the boxcars
    to kill him. Boo.
    It's Orin and MacBain vs the Crocs, Gorten, Aiyanna/Holt and a pair of Bunnies on the other flags. Seems untenable, so in
    comes the murder time.
    Orin charges Gorten, its....he's an old man ok? He blows his stack, but POW 9 does nada.
    MacBain Energizers, charges Gorten for a low odds assassination (Camping 3, fairly sure I'm quite safe). Leaves Gorten with
    6 boxes.

MacBain gets up 3v2 CP, I think there was a last Trencher contesting the centre flag? I'm just not sure now. Maybe the scores
    level at 3, but irrelevant as I didn't spot it at the time.

Gorten 6: Wrongeye gets out of the way, Snapjaw, moves to be base to base with MacBain. The Gunner does a boosted Slam
    to knock him down, he has no camp but I have to stop him from Dodging away.
    I miss the Slam.
    It's awful play under time stress here. I could have used Wrongeye and not had the -2 MAT penalty for Slamming a larger base.
    I could have placed Snapjaw Properly for the back arc bonus. I could have potentially just killed Orin and scenario'd it.
    In any case, I boost to hit rolls with Gorten, hoping to land the Crit Smite then finish off with Holt and the spray Bunny. I get hits
    but not crits.
    I don't even get to Aiyanna and Holt's activations, I essentially tap the clock and auto lose on scenario, but realistically I clocked
    out anyway. Meant to activate all meaningful models and I knowingly didn't, so awful tourney play from me on that score.

End of game state, technically there's a MacBain turn where he finishes off Gorten, but no matter.

So like....conclusions or something?

First off, I hope the other side battle report is a lot clearer than this rubbish.
    I think the important thing after a long many turn game like this is to find the early errors, which for me is definitely not considering
    the opposing list at all, thinking just about my scenario strategy. After that the turn 2 was a poor counter to an opponent that
    made the right choices.

Obviously that assassination run was pathetic, could have easily made it a 98%er, instead poor choices made it a 75% and it didn't
    pan out.

Opposition wise, the only thing I think the MacBainians should have done differently is put Countermeasures on the Trenchers later
    in the game, though I can't pretend to know when that time would be most apropos with the need to get work done. Or charge the
    Galleon in at some point, though there were minimal pieces available to score the right flag at that point.

Lame-joke-word-representing-Monday games!

Brain still fried after that last rep. Sod it, I've had to much sugar to sleep anyway. I can always post it later and clean it up
    (Pfff. The posting will happen. The clean up not so much.)

It's theoretical Cancon practice into the terrorists of the Iron Kingdoms with the evil push pully guy (Movement casters
    outside of mine are clearly immoral). It sure as **** isn't going to be Thexus, I can tell you that (Sac Pawn doesn't work against
    Magic zap zap. Pew pew safety only).

Ergo:
    Acosta

It weirds me out that I don't even consider changing the list. Never really had that before, outside a Karchev list in Mark 2 of all things.
    Errata on throws screwing that up right before Cancon coming up shortly!

It's Entrenched, which as my least played scenario is good. Though again, the randomiser tried to give me Linebreaker. WHY CHAPPER?!
    WHY YOU DO DIS?! *grumble *grumble* awesome page *grumble* grumble* entitled user *grumble* *grumble* never mind me. Grumble.

Rahn1 - 2x Chimera, Sphinx, 2x Battle Mages, Mage Hunters w/UA Phantom Seeker Peep, Sentinels + UA, Arcanist, Mitten solo guy
    Objective: Fuel Cache

I win the roll, elect to go second. The Mage Hunters will get a sweet round of shooting into me, but that's manageable. Plan is to use the
    Crocs to fort up Gorten to stop him being dragged to a heavy, which is pretty much what it'll take to pop him without an Eiryss to strip him.

Terrain wise, we have the Warmachine 2d terrain that isn't made in the Steamroller sizes, because.........Hamsterdance. Dodedodeodeodeodoedoe
    or something. Rat claws behind my eyeballs scratching up into my brain. Music is bad. A 1000 years of Darkness is better than willful blindness in
    the sun. Not the literal sun, that'd be brief and scorching.

Um.....so one side has a trench on a flank and a central hill between the zone, with irrelevant water to the right.
    The other side has a pair of devil forests that I want nothing to do with, let the Tree meandering elves have that junk.

Round 1: The left most unit is Halberdiers proxying as Battle mittens.
    Outflanking Mittens move up either side, Strike Force go up the guts, jacks behind. One of the Chimeras is a pair of legs behind the wall. The Sentinels
    form an elf pyramid (like a human one, but only if you knew you had gods and managed to accidentally cause them to starve to death).
    Rahn is waaaaaay back. No juicy murder for me.

Crocs Submerge and charge up partially, blocked by Eliminators to get the positioning I want. Gorten charges up behind them with Solid Ground and
    three camp up. Jacks and Drillers blob up nearby, Ragman shielded by a Driller, hoping to waste Rahns time with a Force Slammy spell thingy on a model
    I didn't really need that hampers a model with no threat range anyway.
    Ninja Pig and the other Eliminators go to the left, this Big Piggie threatening the Elven Fuel Reserves while the Kayazy definitely weren't there to die. Lol.

Ret 2: Thus begins an utter fricken travesty.
    The Mage Hunters populate the hill and the Merc zone, pop their Phantom Hunter thing. One shoots Raggles, I ping it to Snapjaw for a damage. Sweet
    tech I stole from the better local Merc.
    The Tinker gloriously hides beneath his cart and is near impossibru to hit, so after surveying all the stealth junk they shoot the right Spray Bunny.
    Ever seen seven Mage Hunters miss a Rhulic jack? The tilt was swift and justified. The other three land hits, do most of the boxes but Dwarf tech being
    serious business no systems go out.
    One Chimera runs up in my face, followed by the Sentinels. The Ret Heavy stays touching the wall.
    The right Battle Mages mostly hide behind the forest, two run up to contest my zone on the far right edge.
    Left wise, the other Mittens also run around, one goes to be one inch from a Red Eliminator (Brief flashback to when I had Pressgangers and called one
    unit the Communists and the other the Smurfs. I used to be funny, what happened?). The leftier of the Chimera's then slams him into an Eliminator, killing
    the mitten and leaving the Kayazy on one box and knocked down (Just a liiiiiiittle bit out of the Solid ground range).
    Lastly Rahn chills out in the back, Force Slams the Spray Bunny (I name him Boris. BECAUSE HE'S INVINCIBLE.), killing a Green Eliminator and causing mild
    discomfort to Wrongeye. He then TK's Gorten back and around, which is suuuuuper annoying, but such is the Speed 4 life.

Merc 2: Rahn is to far back to assassinate, I don't have an easy way to score, attrition it is. Normally clearing those two end Mittens wouldn't be to hard,
    except I had to devote resources to keeping Gorten safe, so killing that central blob it is.
    The Green Eliminator runs to engage the two Battle Mittens on the right.
    Snapjaw moves forward and kills the right Chimera.
    These moves give space for Gorten to walk up and feat push the forward Sentinels and Mage Hunters into a blob on the hill, I also ensure I catch the Ret Heavy
    though I don't get the four Sentinels including the officer behind him.

The Spray Bunnies then advance and unleash straight up murder, they kill most of the blob.
    Various Guns and Raggies Zap Zap spell polish more off, three Mage Hunters live due to being the outer edge I moved last with feat, so are way to the left, plus
    one feated on Sentinel.
    This includes a Driller that I charge up as a "deal with me or I'll do bad things" piece. Disposable Heavy is best heavy. Well, not really, but damn they're easier to play.
    Lastly for the centre blob Snapjaw and the other Driller finish off the fort, el Croco Submerging again. Acosta then runs up to be in the way.

Left wise, the Kayazy that got slammed walks to the back of the trench. She's the Grunt, so the unit leader charges up into the Ret zone, gutting a Battle Mage.
    Sod Coherency!
    Brine charges the Chimera, eats it with a bought attack, Rorsh then Souie's him backward. I opt to leave Rorsh on full camp, the frenzy is highly likely but my turn
    has gone well enough that I think that isn't a massive issue for me.

Ret 3: Vengeance moves ding the suicide Driller.
    Rahn feats, TK's said Driller around, Force Slams a Spray Bunny over Ragman. Puts him one 1 box, because sometimes randomised chance is the worst.
    The fully loaded Sphinx moves up, boosts to hit Acosta. Misses. I dodge and attack. Does it again. Misses again.

Ichiban concedes at this point, his god awful dice being to demoralising for the game to be that fun. If you are one of the four or, dare I say it, five readers of this
    thread, if nothing else take away that if the game isn't fun just stop. Its hard for both sides to enjoy it when one half clearly isn't.

Sterling battle reports as always, having fun is indeed an important part of this game.

I'd just like to point out one thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norway View Post
    and if Orin pips forward for Electro leaps he can at
    most pop the forward pair of Eliminators via hitting his own model, rendering Acosta and the other Eliminators safe.
    Due to the red stapler he took with him when he left the Stormblades office, Acosta is immune to electricity, which not only protects him from electro-leaps but also makes him invalid for the purpose of leap-candidacy. Obviously the Eliminators have no such benefit so that was probably the right play anyway.
    Last edited by elmagnifico; 11-29-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    This post comes with the proviso that I am not the most competitive player ever.
    The Surgeon General recommends one (1) grain of salt be taken when consuming this post.

Likes: Trencher Aesthetic, Crazy Conversions, Bad Puns, Fluff in General
    Dislikes: Stormwall-or-its-wrong, Ehaley-or-nuthin, Groupthink

Quote Originally Posted by elmagnifico View Post
    Due to the red stapler he took with him when he left the Stormblades office, Acosta is immune to electricity, which not only protects him from electro-leaps but also makes him invalid for the purpose of leap-candidacy. Obviously the Eliminators have no such benefit so that was probably the right play anyway.
    I blame the lack of local Cygnar for the unknown knowledge of Red Stapler power!

Wait....I have a Red Stapler at work.....the electricians must know! I CAN REVOLUTIONISE (read:cheat) BETTING HOW LONG YOU CAN HOLD THE ELECTRIC FENCE!

There will come a day when the courage of Gorten players fail. That is not this day. Hobbits and stuff. SMEAGOL.

Into Swarley, who we last saw imploding Haley1 so fast I had to include the clock to get to four pics.

Acosta

Ayep. That list again. Revelations abound.

It's something something paired with Rahn. Yeah, Thexus was never happening. In any event:

Elara2 - Imperatus, Banshee, Phoenix, Halberdiers w/UA and Soulless Nutbag, Arcanist, 2x Mage Hunter Assassins, Narn, Lannysa
    Objective: Effigy of Valor

Entrenched, because I don't play it much and need the practice. Definitely not because it was still out on the table. Perish such
    thoughts.

One side has a Trench on the left, a centre forest and water on the right. Smack bang in the centre of the table is a trench, the other
    side then has a hill, a wall and a smaller forest.

He's got threat range of dooooom, so I pick first. Nothing quite like going over your threat range, saying Ninja Pig goes fourteen and
    being asked without sarcasm "Is that it?".
    I pick first, because by god I need to get somewhere before I get threatened the hell away.

Youtube, it's spray paint. God damn spray paint. It's not antique furniture restoration, you're just painting a sodding chair blue.
    Get over it. Stop advertising non-Alcohol products to me.

Laziness gives me the table side with the more inconvenient forest, probably the right choice anyway.

Is that.....someone *****ing about modern music as they listen to some good old classic released in 2013?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH
    THESE PEOPLE?!
    Alright,I'll try to ignore the internet now.

Merc 1: There's a blob. It advances. I keep stuff out of the obscene threat range of the Ret solos. I place for a theoretical Goren toss if
    I need one.
    Pigs go left. Flanking Rorsh, truly I'm as inventive as ever.
    Acosta runs way to the right, ostensibly to satisfy my flanking urges, probably more likely because I didn't think about him when I moved
    up fort Gorten.

Ret 1: We cover Gorten's threat range. Swarley looks at my unpack and says the throw assassinate isn't going to work.
    The Ret stuff moves up, Imperatus goes behind the wall, Halberdiers around the hill on the left, other jacks and stuff around Imperatus.

Merc 2: Elara is within threat range of Gorten (20, because I wanted to camp in case I screwed up somehow). There's a baiting
    conversation about the assassination happening. Elara isn't positioned behind the wall, so I decide sod it lets make it happen.
    I plot out the assassination, now committed by both the successful baiting and the clock time I've invested in plotting it out. Elara is
    camping a fair chunk (4 or 5 I think).
    The Gunners move up, pot shots spike and do some damage to Elara (Def 16 is nothing! NOTHING I SAY!).
    Green Eliminators run to positions to stop inconvenient secondary drags.
    Gorten gets picked up and thrown forward by a Driller, then walks up and drags Elara in. I nab the Banshee by necessity, which engages
    and stops the bonus Gun Shot but oh well.
    One spray Bunny moves up, does a little.
    Holt tries some shots, rolls miserably.
    Red Kayazy charge, one gets in with a Combo Strike that rolls obscenely well.
    Ancillary stuff moves out of the way.
    Wrongeye runs up to a spot to keep the Control area going.
    Snapjaw charges Elara, boost the charging Bite, hit and kill without needing to do a damage roll.

Me on the right, because I guess?

That was just weird. Actually doing the throw and assassinate jank style is rare, so good to try that out I guess? More likely I was just
    manipulated out of a conspiratorial need to exchange the Haley1 assassination experience.

n world with a couple hundred casters, you are blessed to hear about....

Gorten versus Zaadesh!

What? That's what happens when practicing your tourney casters is a thing!

Once more into a Slam (yadayada, single list two rounder done when we adhoc enough people together).

Based on real life constraints, I actually expected to get one game then volunteer to be the odd man out, if I'm going to have
    one game it'll be with what I enjoy the most (Slams void the tap out of Gorten option).

Acosta

Into Humbleman, his list at least having the grace to modify somewhat.

Zaadesh2 - Despoiler, Tiberion, Gladiator, Nihilator, Swamp Gobbers, Gobber Chef, Pain Givers, Cetrati w/Vorkesh

Entrenched pops up, our table is......blessed......with shallow water either side, a central cloud, one side gets a wall, the other an
    obstruction. Hill out in Woopwoop unlikely to do much.

Merc 1: I win the roll, taking the scenario into account (2nd worst for Gorten, but leagues ahead of Incursion) and being under some
    kind of stupid juice (No, I hadn't that much alcohol yet) for some reason I was convinced the Nihilators have Advance Deploy. They don't.
    Yet. Maybe Haley gave me some glimpse of January Errata Madness?

Gorten's going up the guts, but with a leaning toward the friendly zone. Zaadesh, as stated before, probably has the best game into
    Gorten of all Skorne when he also brings along Tibbers.
    That means it's battlegroup central, with Lesser Locks and Eliminators going for the Skorne zone.
    Acosta goes out to the left, my thinking being that he'll do enough damage to finish off a non-Tibbers heavy when they inevitably contest
    my zone.
    The Skorne list also has no guns or offensive magic. Running Wrongeye felt weird and strange, in a creepy sort of what-is-Nyarlathotep-doing
    way rather than by-gods-what-are-your-parents-doing-to-stay-interested-in-the-bedroom weirdness.

Skorne 1: The Nihilators flood the Skorne zone, with the ready acceptance that they'll be mauled. Cetrati get Inviolable Resolve, go dead centre
    with Tibbers behind, Despoiler is the right most piece though still primarily central. Clouds go up in front of the Cetrati in case the natural fog
    goes away.

Probably can't be seen, but there's Green/Black Swamp Shamblers repping the Swamp Gobbers/Chef respectively.

Merc 2: I'm not sure what the Nihilators are about, but by the same token keeping them in the backline would probably feel weird.
    Regardless, I see little value in feating this turn. I'm going to get work done, I can afford to wait it out.
    Between a Spray Bunny, both Elimiantors, Rorsh' gun, Ragman's deathbolt and such the Nihilators get reduced to a single chump. The Lesser
    Warlocks then hang back out of Cetrati threat range, don't want them to charge important stuff on Zaadesh' feat turn.
    Gorten and Gunners wing Despoiler for a bit, the last Spray Bunny has nothing to do with its life so goes forward in my zone to get in the way.
    Drillers run up the board, stop just shy of Cetrati threat range.
    Acosta continues his steady advance on the right, placed to threaten the end of my zone for next round clearance.

Skorne 2: Zaadesh stays hiding out in the back, gets a Gobber cloud. pops feat, puts down two clouds and throws up Countercharge.
    Tibbers and Despoiler move up behind those clouds, Arcane Suppression goes up which is annoying. Despoiler also crushes the suicide Spray
    Bunny like a disposable can mad of lower quality aluminium than normal.

The Cetrati Shield Wall and toe the Skorne zone, miss an Eliminator and maul the remaining Spray Bunny, plus miss an Eliminator loads of times.

The last Nihilator goes full Ninja trope (Stronger the less there are of them), kills the Green Kayazy unit and does five damage to the Skorne objective.

Merc 3: The terrain cloud goes away at the end of the Skorne turn, Zaadesh left clouds in an apropos fashion though.
    I keep both Strength of Granite and Solid Ground, though double upkeeps on Focus 5 casters is less than pleasant. Stupid Skeksi.
    This was a potential feat turn, but ultimately I still felt like I was attritioning well enough. The Cetrati and Tibbers were
    untouchable, but Despoiler was eminently killable.

Aiyanna Harms Despoiler, Holt and the Gun Bunnies shoot him for a bit.
    Gorten runs to the right in my zone, once Despoiler pops I also get the scoring train going.
    Acosta then charges Despoiler in the back, easily kills him with his charge attack.

I then line up my Drillers, one just behind the clouds, the other behind him. Tibbers can probably only get to one, if the
    Cetrati charge across then the Skorne zone is my in future rounds. If they don't, I can kill Tibbers and Dominate my own
    zone contentedly. Coming and going is the intent.

Brine pops the Skorne objective, then Souie's back toward the left. The Crocs join them on the extreme left, again forcing
    the Cetrati into a bad spot of being needed multiple locations.
    The Red Eliminators kill the last Nihilator and bounce off the back of a Cetrati pretty hard.
    Ragman migrates to the centre of the board, ready to assist in operation overkill Tibbers.

Mercs go to 2 CP.

Skorne 3: The Green base in the centre is a Proxy for the Tibbers-don't-want-to-stay-upright-today.
    The Cetrati don't commit to either side particularly, they stay safely contesting the centre zone missing an Eliminator and
    popping the final Spray Bunny.
    The Gladiator Rushes himself, Slams Acosta and absolutely pulps him. Alas.
    Zaadesh moves forward behind the Gobber cloud, puts down a cloud and Rushes Tibbers.

There'd been a plan, revealed halfway through the turn, for Tibbers to cast Bump and push back a Driller to get into both
    and kill them. Foiled by good old (i.e extremely new) Sturdy.
    Instead Tibbers settles for killing the forward Driller and mauling one of the Gunners.

At some point the Gobber Chef also kills a Kayazy, so there you go. 1 point model dreams.

Merc 4: The planning mix up means Zaadesh is way further up the field than he should be, with no camp and not placed to
    prevent drags.
    The last Kayazy goes in, kills a Swamp Gobber to clean the drag line.
    Gorten walks up, pulls in Zaadesh.
    A couple Gun Shots get wasted, pinging straight to Tibbers. Woops.
    Max Focus Strength of Granite Dark Shrouded Driller goes in, hits, boost damage to one shot. Glorious.

Me on the right.

Happy with that. Got this hard Skorne matchup downpat I guess? Had a slight screw up with Counter charge, wherein I didn't
    realise it had that same engaging/engaged relationship as Arc Nodes. Oh well.

To my surprise I get the second round.

Stuff about that guy I definitely don't crutch on:
    Acosta

After a dice off to get the Skorne matchup (Where's the Rhulic love? Neither here nor the currently leaked theme force that is
    super snoozy), it's ye old Nemesis with one of the local favourites.

Damiano1 - Kingmakers like you do - Rocinante, 2x Nomads, Vanguard, Steelhead Halberdiers & Cav, Stannis worth his points,
    Trenchers with two Grenadiers, Dirty Meg, Kell

The random scenario (Can't be Linebreaker! Haha!) is.....The Pit. Feels good.

Ended up the same table, with the terrain moved about and a Trench thrown in. Zone gets said Trench, on flag has a cloud before it,
    the either has two blobgs of uninviting water. The water side does have a reasonable wall and hill on one side, versus an obstruction
    in the opposing corner.

Possibly my worst terrain description to date. Look at the pics, it's what they're for.

I end up winning the roll, it's The Pit so standard game plan. Gorten to score on my flag, Ninja Pig to threaten the opposing flag,
    Eliminators to be throwaway Contest pieces. Other stuff to murder. Hold feat as long as possible.

Damiano 1: I win the roll, pick the side without super annoying water.
    The Trenchers (Grey Plastic) lead out front with Surefoot up. Cav are more on the left, with the Steelheads sandwiched between the units.
    Damiano and most of the jacks are a block up back, with Road to War up. One Nomad and Kell hang around their flag.

Gorten 1: There's a cloud in front of my flag, though I have zero expectation of it remaining for when I need it.
    Gorten and Gunners move up toward my flag, blow up a Trencher or two. Solid Ground and Strength of Granite go up.
    The Spray Bunnies go out wide of Gorten, staying in his control (The Bunny in the centre of my stuff is sadly nought but a pair of feet,
    having decided to try to break free), ready to free up my stuff from any jammers.
    Crocs go up the left side of the Objective, defensive tech activated. Eliminators in front.
    I had no interest in Acosta being pipped by Kell, so he ran behind the Drillers.

My other two moves are both errors.
    Ragman was misdeployed with the jacks, so runs to join his Pig friends. He ends up next to the Crocs, making him a potential early casualty,
    as the Crocs are out of Solid Ground and he could have been used to land damage on no Fury camp Wrongeye.
    Ninja Pig ends up being the model that suffers from terrain issues. Normally they'd be waaaaay right, but I felt to constrained by the big blob
    of water, instead electing to cut around the inside lane. As we'll see, this wasn't a great idea and I should have just been patient and gone up
    the right edge of the board.

Damiano 2: The infantry blob stays out on the right, though Surefoot drops and the Trenchers get Deadeye (Not sure on the drop, still enough of them to make it an annoying
    spell for me to have to interact with). Damiano also feats to stop me pushing around the world.
    Stannis runs across to the top right of the zone.
    Kell, Rocinante and Trenchers all shoot Rorsh, he ends up on no transfers and half health. Brine loses his Mind and Spirit, but at least the Bacon is
    still on the table, though it's been ravaged like a starving toddler got to them.
    The various jacks stay up the top edge of the zone.

Gorten 2: The ninja pig mauling is unfortunate, but essentially self inflicted.
    I'll have to clear out the infantry around the flag, though more is always better. Score, Bunker up, get the scenario game rolling.
    The Green Eliminators charge up to Kell on the opposing flag and gut him. Because he's a jerk.
    The Red Eliminators end up in the back of the small base mob, with the additional efforts of the Bunnies, Ragman, Holt about ten or so infantry die.
    Gorten does ye old swift four inch advance to my flag, puts up a safety wall to stop the Cav charging in and wrecking my jacks up to much. He also
    kills a couple Trenchers with his boss gun (Dwarf casters all take varying degrees of pot shots at things in games, it's a thing).
    Drillers finish up fort Gorten.
    Crocs hang back as my somewhat reserve heavy.
    Brine is mauled to hell, I decide to sacrifice him to kill Kell, he's to hurt to try healing him up. Best bat to see how his Animus goes. Rorsh hides
    behind the obstruction and heals aspects, Brine pops his Animi and charges Stannis. Straight up dies to the Defensive Strike (10 damage killed
    perfectly). Doh. Oh well, it was a gamble play.
    Lastly Acosta runs up into the Trench. If he gets cleared then Stannis can charge Snappy, though he shouldn't kill him. Odds are Acosta will tie up at
    least a jack activation, so that'll be sweet.

Gorten goes to 1 CP.

Damiano 3: Damiano goes to the shelter of the wall.
    Trenchers and Steelheads go, they kill a Red Eliminator and fail to touch Acosta who guts one, one also gets up to stop the score.
    Stannis charges Acosta, munches him sadly.
    Road to War moves Rocinante forward.
    The Nomad on the Damiano flag tries to kill the Green Eliminators, pastes one.
    Rocinante charges a Driller, takes out his left arm and Movement.
    The cav walk around, two get up in my grill and lightly smack the other Driller.

Gorten 3: Clear flag, blow stuff up.
    Raggles moves up fort Gorten, pops Deathfield to Dark Shroud the jamming stuff.
    Left most spray bunny clears off all the jamming stuff, sweetness.
    Gorten chills out on the flag and it's permanent cloud bank, pops a shot at a cav for giggles.
    The remaining Spray Bunny slams Rocinante to get rid of the Defensive Strike, which is a very dangerous threat to my damaged
    Driller. Lands it, takes the hit, Slams him max away to kill a Halberdier. Bonus.
    Driller gets Tinker repaired up, walks up and kills Rocinante.
    Rorsh reappears to shoot some infantry dead.
    Snapjaw charges in to kill Stannis and the last Halberdier, don't want no Steelehad Cav Flank out here.
    Wrongeye moves to the left and pops his defensive tech. A cav has a bead on Gorten, can't possibly kill him, but I have to be wary
    of a Road to War Jack somehow getting where it isn't wanted.
    The other Driller charges a Nomad, more to be in the way of the aforementioned threat than to do meaningful damage. Which is
    good, cause he pantsed his damage attempts.
    Red Kayazy kills a Cav, Green Kayazy runs into the pile of Damiano's dead stuff to contest/score the opposing flag as needed.
    Can't keep a heavy on it forever.

Gorten goes to 2 CP.

Damiano 4: The cloud finally goes away at the end of my turn. It did well.
    Cav charge in, sure enough one bounced off Gorten. The other scratches the injured Driller.
    The remaining Damiano battlegroup is a bit embarrassing, taking all three to pop Snapjaw. One does get some more attacks into the
    damaged Driller, leaves him with a box of Cortex and Right arm. As planned.
    The Trencher aims and kills Ninja Pig. Sadness.
    Damiano runs to his flag.

Gorten on 2, Damiano joins the board at 1.

Gorten 4: I'm positioned to close it out now.
    Gorten cops a freestrike to get the right spot,, feats back everything bar Damiano,
    Bunnies with Wrongeye fort up and kill the cav.
    Spray Bunny and Holt kill the last Trencher.
    Drillers charge up and kill another Nomad, deciding they don't need no control area.
    Eliminators go and contest Damiano's flag.

I go to 4, there's no way to stop me getting to 5 so it's game over.

Sweet sweet Pitness. My only real hope is that the Errata doesn't alter the points costs of things in my list, that'd be.....awkward.

Just realised had either of those Eliminators gone base to base with the flag I go to 5 without risking another Damiano turn. Doh.

Like the Simpsons, you wouldn't keep repeating it if people didn't want it right?

Acosta

This time into resident Prosperous Guardian of Red Death with his favourite Ginger Snap (In that she gets snapped by
    moderate breeze or 12 seconds of dubstep).
    Sorscha2 - Clamjack (Punchy explody one, not pew pew version), Beast '09, Uhlans, Winter Guard Rifle Corp + 3x Rocketeers,
    Kovnik Joe, 2x Drakhuns, War Doge, Mechaniks (Min)

Just a casual 22 inch threat from the Rifle Corp. Blergh. Beast lives! It's not all Ruin!

I escape Entrenched, back into the baseball diamond of Extraction.

One side gets a hill on each flank, a trench and a really irritating bit of water near the objective. Then there's a forest in the centre,
    while the other side sort of gets a Trench and forest on each side, though not super abusable.

I win the roll and pick first, the opposing list will get up the board somewhat fast. The basic plan is hold feat until Sorscha has to
    commit and either kill her or take up a dominant position.

Merc 1: I correctly get lumped with the water side, though it is manageable. The Crocs can navigate it without issue, the jacks can
    run around. The Drillers want to go up the centre with Gorten anyway.
    I end up deploying the Lessers centre, Kayazy either flank and the Rhulic guts left of centre.
    Several unpacking mistakes here, Gorten charges up the guts first, creating a mini-traffic jam that forces a Bunny to run around the
    back of the water to get up the field, Acosta and Ninja Pig don't run as far to the centre as they should. Essentially, as the Rifle Corp
    are on the right, the Crocs and Kayazy needed to cycle toward them as that is a list matchup that favours me quite heavily while
    everything else goes up the centre.
    One Spray Bunny remains an unrepaired pair of feat on the base.

Khador 1: Murder Ponies are the Uhlans, Grey armless ajck next to them is the clan, one Drakhun with a red token on his face is repped
    by Vlad3.
    Everything advances and splits into triple wedges around the forests, Uhalans and Clan left, Beast and Draks centre, Rifle Corp up right
    sticking out of the Eliminator charge range.
    Sorscha hugs the back of her objective.

Merc 2: So I basically wimp out this turn. What the plan should be at this point is run the Eliminators into the Rocketeer models, pop
    smoke with Rorsh and get the pigs as far into the rifle corp as possible, probably by running Brine after the Smoke move to engage.
    The Rifle Corp might win out their eventually, but if the pigs live then they can wreck some havoc and killing Eliminators isn't ever exactly
    fun times.
    Instead I try to futz around and just avoid the alpha, as everything shifts to left of centre, Gorten plonks down a wall to stop the Uhlans
    being able to get in on the Strength of Granite Driller, who runs as far as he can to try to threaten the left flag.
    Crocs pop their tech, Acosta, a spray bunny and a unit of Eliminators basically go to try to draw in the Drakhuns. There's a theoretical play
    where they could try to pop Snapjaw, but I liked my screen odds with Solid Ground and Star Crossed on.
    The Ninja Pigs fall far enough back to get showered in white feathers.

Khador 2: On the left, two Uhlans destroy a Gunner and reposition back, the other three members of the unit go hard left.
    The Clam jack goes to contest the left flag, sadly out of the Driller charge range. Sturdy is awful and I hate it, hypocrite style.
    On the right, the Riflemans move up, do about eight damage to Brine and maul the sacrifice Spray Bunny.
    One Drakhun charges in, kills an Eliminator and finishes the Bunny then repositions back to the right flag. The other Drakhun moves to an
    annoying contest spot on that flag, Beast 09 behind them.
    Sorscha stays touching her best friend, the objective.

Khador gets a point.

Merc 3: Ah, potato, how's it going?
    I waste a load of time on Acosta's Vengeance move. I can go forward into charge range on four camp Sorscha, which I knew
    was a not great assassination, though I could supplement with a Gunner shot. What it really does is potentially force a Drakhun
    to countercharge in to stop it, which gives me a Drakhun with not terrible effort.
    I should have just done it, even if Acosta dies I'm better off than where I end up. By the calc its a 14% to kill, or 34% if I were
    to use my feat.
    The other thing I prevaricate on is whether or not I feat. I decide to keep holding it, as threatening Sorchs with imminent death
    felt so good. This was a mistake, now is the time to go for the throat.
    In this hypothetical world, Acosta advances. Drakhun doesn't counter charge, as that plays into my hands.
    Acosta charges the forward most Drakhun, either he kills it or the other one Countercharges forward. Gorten goes up the guts
    with a throw, feats on Drakhuns that don't move due to Elimiantor placement, Beast, Sorscha, mechaniks and the Clam all get
    affected, though the Clam doesn't move. I then kill the Drakhuns, Crocs Submerge and go toward the Roflcorp, Driller goes to
    threaten Clam as other stuff gums up Uhlans.

But anyway, I don't do that. I felt a lot better about this game before I started analysing the correct plays.
    Around the right flag, Green Eliminator charges and does some damage to the left Drakhun. brine and Snapjaw, after their warlocks
    move, kill a Drakhun each. Snapjaw missed three of his attacks, which wasn't inspiring and stops him Submerging. That'll go well.
    Acosta charges Beast, rolls embarrassingly on damage, doing a mighty eight points.
    Gorten goes out toward the left, puts down a wall in front of the Clam. it can be Boundless charged to get over it and into a Driller,
    but if it does that I kill Sorscha hopefully. if it doesn't I kill it with the Driller. Tinekr runs over as well to complete that scenario.
    other Driller goes and kills nearest two Uhlans, Red Eliminators run and engage the remainder of the horsey stabby dudes.

Khador 3: Sorscha walks up to Acosta's backside, feats, stabs him. His left check is like Iron and takes no damage. neither of us saw
    that coming, she then Cyclones to the top of the centre forest and Boundless charges the Clamjack.
    Left wise, the Uhlans struggle with the Eliminator jam, killing one but barely moving. the Clam charges the Driller, using Bulldoze to
    push the Tinker (doh). With feat and max focus the overkill is just brutal.
    The War Doge runs to engage a spray Bunny, Beast kills Acosta but misses the Green Eliminator, gets repaired of the damage Acosta did.
    The Riflemans shuffle over, Snapjaw just implodes to being shot, which I guess is a novel experience for him.

Merc 4: I'd camped to max on Rorsh, expecting the Roflcorp to ping him. Instead Brine gets a frenzy roll, thankfully passes.
    Sorscha's on no camp, Brine passing that check means it's kill time.
    Gorten walks over, drags Sorscha in. Gunner and Blaster shoot her, the spray bunny takes a Doge freestrike that does damage but
    doesn't wipe any systems.
    Ragman walks up and optimistically Dark Fields.
    Tinker runs in to apply Dark Shroud, promptly freezes.
    Brine gets smoked across, Animies, charges, boosts to hit, eats. Snacks technically. Nom nom nom.

Me on the right.

Well, outlined what ought to have been done above, so that's that. Bleurgh.

Random 50 point game. Don't even comprehend that point level, it's happening at Cancon but I'm only signed up for the
    75 pointers.

Courtesy of work power outage, take 2 on this one. Rabble Rabble.

Into Hodie, I threw down my Durgen list with Crawlers deleted and extra Ninjaness added.
    Durgen1 - 3x Gunners, 2x Blasters, 2x Drillers, Reinholdt, Aiyanna + Holt, Tinker, Rorsh and his Hetero Life Partner (Rorsh
    would clearly be Chronic out of the two)

It's that old guy that needs to die in the fluff:
    Severius1 - Castigator, Reckoner, Daughter Cav, Choir, Vassal Mechanic, Sunburst Crewe, 2x Kicky Monks that only attack
    with their hands
    Objective: Bunker, because that's the way we roll down here

Scenario is Entrenched, because it was on the table next to us and I'm lazy.

I win the roll and pick first, to my surprise I get the side with a hill and water as opposed to an obnoxious forest, though the
    opposing side does get a wall Sevvy can cower behind when his rickety bones need a rest. There's also a trench smack bang
    in the middle.

Round 1: Armies run at each other. The Battlegroups face off down the middle line, Ninja Pig opposes the Daughter cav on the left.
    Right side of the board is shunned like a non-believer.
    I put up Force Field and straight up forget to throw up Redline. Vision goes on the Castigator, Defenders Ward on the Cav.

Merc 2: Plan is to kill the front Daughters and the Kicky Monks, because those guys are awful.
    One Kicky Monk dies to a spray and it's looking peachy at first. After that the Gunners cause the other Monk to tough and be ablaze,
    another then puts a Daughter on a box and also on fire. Good enough I think. The last Gunner mosses the most forward Flame
    Bringer, so I have Rorsh move up and try it. He misses both shots, so I'm forced to send Brine in as mini-Pig probably dies to a
    charging Daughter cav. Brine promptly fails at life and misses everything, though I didn't boost all the initials to hit out of a sense of
    madness, given Brine was evidently going to die anyway or at worst frenzy on something Menoth.
    The Drillers run into threatening positions, then Durgen salvages the turn by setting the Vassal Mechanic on fire and with a very lucky
    Armour Pierce shot he knocks off the Reckoners Gun Arm.

Menoth 2: Fire kills the Mechanic, but sadly fails to finish off the Kicky Monk or Flame Bringer.
    Left wise, the Daughter kill easily kill Brine, then reposition forward, one engages Rorsh That's not so bad, they are if nothing else in a
    position to be pew pewed.
    The Sunburst cannon does a shot, damages a Gunner a bit.
    The Castigator comes forward into a Gunner, rolls appallingly to leave it on four boxes with the Movement system still truckin.
    Reckoner moves up behind in a position to trade with whatever I send into the Castigator.
    Kicky Monk Stances and engages some of my stuff.

Nothing went into my zone, so I score a freebie CP. As planned?

Merc 3: Fire doe a couple points to a Gunner, but doesn't do anything amazing. Just not an effective take for pyro's.
    Two of the Gunners are out of my mighty 8 inch control range, but one is super crippled anyway.
    Simple enough, throw a Driller in to pop the Castigator, hide Durgen.
    One of the Gunners aims, manages to pop a Flame Bringer, as does Rorsh.
    A spray sods up, so the kicky monk moves across, though thankfully he lacked the movement to get in my zone.
    The Driller went into the Castigator, damage wasn't greatand Vision was happening, but a couple good spikes make the arms drop off.
    Durgen hides behind the Driller, bombards down a few of the Choir.

I go to 2 CP.

Menoth 3: Both fires go out. Sadness.
    Blessing of Vengeance runs across, but Durgen's fire immunity stops the Ashes to Ashes assassination attempt, so Sevvy contents
    himself with putting Death Sentence on Durgen.
    Daughters kill Rorsh. Alas poor piglet.
    The Castigator walks around and combusts, my jacks are still aflame. Crippled Bunny is still going somehow.
    The Kicky Monk charges Durgen, snakes a few points on.

Merc 4: Kill Jacks, keep scoring. It's gone well enough my way that I just have to ensure Durgen doesn't somehow die.
    The right Driller goes into blessing of Vengeance,rolls madly to pop it. The other Driller goes into both heavies, they were
    both pre-damaged enough that it was able to kill both.
    It takes both, but the Spray Bunnies kill the Kicky Monk. Non-shifting Stone Stance makes me happy.

I go to 3 CP.

Menoth 4: Sevvy toes the Menoth zone, spams somemagic and manages to kill the Driller.
    Daughters jam up after murdering the Tinker.

Sail to four points vs one.

Merc 5: Holt, a Spray Bunny and Durgen with feat kills Sevvy.

Me on the left.

The forest of doom was super real this game, my zone was utterly safe the whole time. Durgen saying no to the spell run was
    pretty funny. Think Menoth needed to run the Daughter cav on the far right and use the Reckoner/Sunburst cannon to kill Brine
    over a couple turns, or run up Blessing and spell them.

Wrote this up, promptly forgot I never posted it. Such an adult. Now about those war dollies....

The joy of 50 point games is it's easy to snake in a second game, so here we go.

Some disclaimers that totally aren't excuses for whatever I dribbled out: I was flagging at the beginning of the game and it's
    now a couple days past, so accuracy of detail may be remiscent of a Robin Thicke song.

Trolls with Ragnar1 and Horgle2. Eep. it'll be Horgle for sure, I'm playing a pair of casters with feats that do Pushes. Thexus
    is far more screwed, so stunty time it is:

Acosta

I then get.......Ragadon? This was acknowledged as the wrong choice by Yakan halfway through the game, though it's still a
    game I have to play rather than a sweet Pit face roll.

Ragnar1 (Band of Heroes) - Mauler, Axer, Bouncer, Kriel Stone + UA, Warders, Champs, Longriders, Horthol, Fell Caller Hero,
    Champ Hero, Sorcerer solo dude

Scenario is Extraction, table is just the same as the last game, so one side has a forest of doooom and an awkward wall, centre
    line has a trench and a flanking hill, other side has a hill and a slop of water on one side.

Merc 1: I pick first to get up the board, this was silly. I correctly get lumped with the side with the god awful forest that shouldn't
    be used in tourney's but sometimes is.
    Deployment and unpack is principally affected by said terrain, Gorten and jacks go right of centre to go around my objective,
    Croc/Acosta/Kayazy boat go on the far right, Piggies go far left.
    The counter deploy is pretty much straight across, I was worried the Longriders would go for the left flag, but that didn't eventuate
    as they took the right side. Champions in the centre of the brick, Warders and Horthol on the left and beasts/Kriel up back.
    I throw up Strength of Granite on the right Driller and Solid Ground on Gorten.

Troll 1: Warders run to left flag, Champs stay Central, Longriders move up on the right on the Croc boat (raft?). Everything else
    moves up in a block behind the Champs, Ragnar right behind them. He pops feat.

Merc 2: So I have a low odds half arsed assassin play here. Ragnar is camping one due to fuelling the stone, I could feat to make him
    visible and shoot him with the Bunnies and Acosta. Really wasn't giving the feat enough credit, it pans out as a sweet 0.62%. Without
    Ragnar's feat it's a 72.87%, so how's that for not accounting for stuff.
    Thinking I had about a forty percentish, because math hard on the fly apparently, I decide to try it anyway and hammer out a quick
    attrition back up play, which is to kill as many Long Riders as possible, get a Driller in position to go into the champs next turn and get
    Eliminators far up enough to cap the stone unit in my turn after.

A couple of the Gun Bunnies hop out of the way, freeing up a lane for the non-buffed Driller to throw Gorten forward. I stupidly forgot
    to allocate an extra point, so could have missed the 5 and been super sad.
    Solid Ground lets Gorten to an elegant pirouette for a landing, absorbing his action but letting him free to dance. I mean feat. I feat and
    push stuff to the left side of the board. I sadly don't get the furthest two Warders, so things sort of just chalk up. The Long Riders
    mostly bunch up aside from one who, per the plan, goes way left away from the unit. Gorten then walks back a bit.
    Feat falls short of getting the Kriel stone unit, Mauler and Horthol. The real issue, however, is I didn't check Ragnar's drag line early enough,
    so he didn't slipped behind the Champs rather than being left in an open spot to be stabbed, so it was all attrition all the time now. Or at
    least set up for it.

On the right, Eliminators move to spots to threaten the stone, they should have done some anatomical stabs on Long Riders but I'm pretty
    sure I blanked on that.The remaining Gunner slams down the Long Rider that got separated from the pack, allowing an easy harm from
    Aiyanna. This then lets Snapjaw charge in and punch through Ragnar's feat to kill two Long Riders. Acosta then tries to mimic him, but a low
    charge damage roll means he only pops one.
    Wrongeye goes behind his boat and pops Star Crossed. I don't bother submerging given the ranged attack ability of this Troll list (There's a
    Spray and Ragnar's spells. Sure.).

Centre wise sweet sod all happens, the Strength of Granite Driller runs up to threaten the middle of the table and is done.
    Left wise a spray bunny moves up and does a light pat down, the Pigs take positions on the hill contesting the left flag, prepping for some
    sweet Soiue action. Ragman stays with them.

Turn done, happy for the most part. Probably a good thing that I screwed up the Ragnar move, would have been a waste of Acosta. Possibly
    there's a better iteration of the turn where I throw Gorten further up and get Brine into the Warders, though I'm not sure of that. Better to
    commit than enter the tank anyway.

Troll 2: It's the Gorten feat turn, so the Trolls can't achieve to much.
    Horthol and the Mauler stay chilling around the Troll objective, because sometimes Heavies get to be the reserve force. Eep.
    Fell caller stands the knocked down stuff up, attempts a spray that gives Acosta a Dodge he doesn't need.
    One Long Rider tries to kill Acosta, he hits back and causes a successful tough roll. The other Rider engages the forward pair of Bunnies.
    The Champs and Warders can't move very far, so they group up in centre.
    Fellcaller Hero tells those who toughed and didn't activate to kip up.
    Bouncer moves up on the right edge of the brick, outside of star crossed where it gets attacks on the most forward Red Eliminator, binning her.
    Axer runs up to be next to the Bouncer.

Merc 3: Attrition time, plan is to pop the stone with Kayazy and use my heavies to bin 3-4 of each unit with Bunnies doing
    ancillary work.

I start on the right, where things go pretty well. Acosta uses his Righteous Vengeance attack to kill off the Longrider, causing
    the one engaging the Bunnies to become the unit leader and stops his jam. The Kayazy go, the Green pair charge the Sorcerer
    solo, using Sidesteps to get into the stone, killing two members of the unit and with some nice luck pop the solo as a bonus.
    The Red Eliminator goes in, if she lands both attacks the stone unit is gone and it's a dream start. So naturally she misses the
    second attack.
    I then try to finish the stone with the right Spray Bunny, sadly he toughs. I do get some sweet bonus damage on the Fellcaller
    Hero at least.
    That's it for effective attacks I can make on the stone, but it's aura is at least quite reduced.

Snapjaw morphs into a Green Proxy base (Model on the right side of the board for facing clarification), goes over the right flag
    and eats the Axer, with a bonus couple attacks to lightly scratch the Bouncer, though Defence 12 stops me killing both lights as
    I expected to do. Wrongeye then goes out on the right where I don't think much can attack him and pops Star Crossed.

I then go over to the left, the intent is to use the various Guns to kill the left most centre Warder, creating a pocket where Brine
    can eat three Warders. Aiyanna Harms, Holt, Gun Bunnies and remaining Spray Bunny all have a go, various Shield Guards ping
    and sadly I fail to kill the desired Warder, though I do pop one on the top edge of the unit, which isn't helping Brine get the spot
    he wants to avoid freestrikes for a Souie move.

I hold off on Brine and flip to the Strength of Granite Driller. I want him to kill the Long Rider, the bottom most Warder and a couple
    Champs. This goes...poorly....Specifically, I choose my attacks poorly, as I allocate attacks without taking advantage of Sustained
    attack. I end up knocking down the Long Rider, killing a Warder and watched a Champ use the annoying tough>Steady>Retaliatory
    Strike junk, which was less than pleasant.

Brine goes in, eats a pair of Warders, Soiue'd back by Rorsh.

Gorten just chills in the back on onecamp, spare Driller runs up ready to avenge his bro's soon to be demise.

Not an ideal turn. The Stone and Acosta stuff was in line, then everything just wasn't quite as good as expected, it was also excessive
    in time taking 20 minutes to resolve the various interactions.

Troll 3: Right side, the Fellcaller stands the gits up, along with the Bouncer they go into Snapjaw. Star Crossed is magic here (Well, I
    guess it is by definition) and Snappy gets missed a lot by the Bouncer. He takes damage but keeps all aspects.

Centre wise, the Champs mob around the Strength of Granite Driller and proceed to do wither a massive spike or no damage, because
    getting to average results can happen by multiple means. The final attack sadly manages to bin the jack, it still had it's sweetest column
    too (Cortex and Right Arm).
    This free up the Long Rider, who charges Gorten. The Mount misses, the melee attack lands a hit but I focus it down to very little (About
    3 or so I think?).

Left wise, the remaining pair of Warders and Champ Hero charge Brine, easily bin the poor Piggy. The Champ hero also engages and dings
    up the left side Spray Bunny.

Up the back, The Mauler runs toward the left flag, Ragnar sits a couple inches in front of him, a few inches left of dead centre of the board.
    Horthol, who was chilling with the Mauler previously, walks across and kills two of the Kayazy, leaving a single surviving Green Eliminator.

At some point the stone also groggily stood up and shouted strength.

Merc 4: You thought it was bad? Now it gets suuuper bad, as I drop under 15 minutes this turn and no longer take pics.

The left flank is going somewhat miserably. The Mauler is coming up, so these Warders and Champ Hero need to die. Sadly I lack a good
    option for the Hero, because Steady stops the Bunnies headbutting. I got a bit stuck here, ultimately struggling to find a way to deal with the
    loser in a good way, so I basically end up ignoring him.
    Rorsh shoots down the Warders, because he's a hero.
    The Gunners and Ragman ping the Mauler, I roll outrageously well, taking out two Aspects. Sweetness.

On the right, the Eliminator kills the Kriel Stone, reducing the unit to just the UA. Acosta kills the Fellcaller Hero.

I've then got the damn Champs in the centre to deal with, Aiyanna Harms them. Gorten kills the Long Rider to free up the back Driller.
    Between the Driller, Tinekr, Holt, Spray Bunny and Snapjaw I kill the Bouncer and three of the Champs, leaving two that are toughed on the
    ground, stopping the score. Sadness.
    Wrongeye pops Star Crossed and goes to the right flag, though doesn't score due to the damn Champs.

Troll 4: On the right, the champs rise up and stumble across. Horthol charges in, killing off Snapjaw.
    The Kriel Stone UA tries a stab on an Eliminator. It didn't work.
    Left wise, Ragnar moves around, Digs in and heals the mauler's aspects. The Mauler goes in, eats the Spray Bunny on that side.
    The Champion Hero, because he is the devil, moves over and engages both Gunners. Sadness.

Mercs 5: Alright, I'm pulling ahead in attrition and clock, just have to start scoring some points to finish this off. The left flag is safe, so I just
    have to clear the right and get something to kill the objective. Clock pressure makes me forget about killing the objective this turn, so wibble to
    you.

Acosta dismounts Horthol, I foolishly went to max melee range so then Wrongeye has to kill him, I luck out in doing it with a single Fury spend so
    get a last turn of Star Crossed.
    The Driller goes into the champs. Loses a bunch of armour boxes as they obstinately tough and hit back. Woop woop.
    I then try to kill them with the Spray Bunker, then with increasing desperation the Tinker. Fails all round.
    The Eliminator was meant to kill the Stone UA to stop the contest next turn, that's no longer an option as she has to come in and kill the Champs.
    It's the sound of da police.
    Gorten runs up this side as I swallow sadness.

Mercs finally go to 2.

Troll 5: The Stone UA sure enough goes in and contests the right flag, Ragnar shockwaves Rorsh, putting him down to a couple boxes. The Champ
    Hero threshers on the Bunnies.
    The Mauler picks up Ragman, throws him at Aiyanna and kills her.
    Trolls clock out mid-throw.

Me on the right.

We play it out a bit after this, I end up camping Gorten on the right flag and getting to a scenario win with a minute and a half remaining.

That was long and exhausting. For me. Yacood is a long term Troll player and has built up appropriate stamina. My lack of wall use is weird and disconcerting.
    Gorten should have just hidden behind the objective mid game, Driller activations were done poorly, otherwise mostly happy with, even though the feat
    wasn't ideal.

Random pickup game into not-Rahn Retribution, so lets give the Cephalyx a spin.

Thexus1 - Subduer, 3x Wrecker, 3x Warden, 3x Agitator, 2x Dominator + Eliminator

Into the seeing-if-this-list-works patrol:
    Elara2 - Imperatus, Banshee, some other Heavy jack, Invictors + UA, 3x Arcanist, Narn, 2x Mage Hunter Assassin, Soulless Solo
    Objective: Effigy of Valor

It's Entrenched, which one side getting a trench and hill, a central cloud, pair of forests on the other side plus a wall,
    alongside some other terrain that isn't super relevant.

I lose the roll, to my surprise get given first, Ret being keen for the wall, which seemed a bit to far back for relevance. Oh well.

Merc 1: It's a line of dudes that run forward. I put up Deflection, with the Invictors it feels like it'll be super relevant. Going first
    with some opposing guns, I allocate out the rest of the focus and don't bother with the stabbing and healing gimmick.

I've got two Wardens on the far left as they are the most independent Monstrosity, pair of Wreckers beside them, Subduer central,
    Wrecker and Warden on the right.

Ret 1: Everything moves forward without to much weird redeployness.
    Invictors and one Mage Hunter Assassin are on the left with Imperatus on their side of problematic forest. Behind and just to the
    right of the forest and the other jacks, Elara and a bunch of solos. Lannysa and Narn are in that forest.
    The sole model on the right side, who shelters somewhat behind the right most forest is the second Mage Hunter Assassin.

Merc 2: The cloud dissipates like optimism in the face of US Presidential Election Main Party Nominees.
    I decide to just go with the first turn advantage. Our lists threat to comparable distances, though both are reliant on some specific
    tech (TK's + feat vs Lannyssa + Feat/Boundless Charge spell).
    Basically, if I threaten the Ret zone Elara won't go in to score, I'm further up the board so can start the scenario grind first on the
    top of 3.
    My stuff all shuffles around, spreading out a bit and staying a touch over 16 from Imperatus.
    Thexus hangs out on the hill.

Ret 2: The two heavies on the right slip forward, one knocks down the Subduer with his gun.
    The Subduer was buddied up with a Wrecker, they are on the receiving end of Hunters Mark off Lannysa and the Ret solos get
    Boundless charged and suicide forward. Both Monstrosities get heavily damaged, but keep their Brain systems active,so that works
    excellently for me.
    On the left, the Invictors move in a scramble, do a couple CRA's that causes a Warden to Hyper Aggresive forward. An Invictor then
    caps one of his buddies, which gives Imperatus a charge angle after he gets buffed up by the Arcanists. He ends up next to the Ret
    Objective and easily butchers said Warden.

Merc 3: Plan is to bin two of the heavies, the only real question was if I tried to get greedy and drag in the third heavy. Reasoning
    I'd be ahead of trade even if I don't, I opt out of that plan.

Red Eliminators fuel up a Wrecker, Thexus then feats on the opposing Battlegroup and falls back toward the right, casts some
    sweet Surgery.

Agitators go up and Instigate, Green Eliminators kill Narn and one Mage Hunter Assassin.

It takes the left and centre Wrecker, but Imperatus drops. The left most Warden goes in and kills the Ret objective.

On the right I screw things up somewhat, as I need to keep a Mosntrosity near Thexus in case of errant gun shots. This means the
    Subduer has to be the one to kill the last Mage Hunter Assassin, so the Wrecker goes in on the right most Ret jack with no backup,
    rolls not great on damage leaving it with a cortex box and it's right arm intact.
    The right side Warden then sits in front of Thexus.

I go to 1 CP.

Ret 3: The....Sphinx? Macticore? Heavy Arc Node guy. I can't tell Ret jacks apart. Actually, I think it's a Banshee. Whatever.
    Said jack gets Arcanist buffed, charges up and obliterates the Subduer. Elara then arcs a pair of Convections at Thexus, putting him
    on seven health. Lannysa can't get in range for her own magic pew pew and the angry elves concede.

Me on the right.

Fair enough to concede, I hadn't really clicked how far ahead I was, didn't even expect the assassination attempt. The Invictors can kill
    the damaged Monstrosity at mode, then get mauled, my right side Monstrosities will kill the Ret heavies then it's just a matter of Thexus
    hiding behind the Obstruction.

Think I've got to drop Thexus from me pairing anyway. Gorten is life, and Thexus is more a list I enjoy than a proper second list, much as
    I've theory machined for a long time without coming to a satisfactory other caster.

Last pre-Christmas game that I've indulged in sweet Slothness for writing time.

In amidst some training games there was a request for a tournament list. Alright then, need to see how Gorten is playing
    anyway.

Acosta

Into Maddox, with a big battlegroup of Heavies, some long Gunners, Gun Mages and a Junior with a pair of Chargers.
    Sweet Outflank, I won the roll and took first. To my surprise I get the side that doesn't have the horrible blob of water in front
    of the deployment zone.

Won't go in depth, don't trust my memories that much. I pushed everything up, use feat to clear out the left zone killing all the
    Gun Mages and Junior, the Cygnarites can't really get meaningful contesting going so Gorten just camps out and clocks up points
    to a scenario win.

List still feels okay, I'm struggling in planning stages as I contemplate power attacking my own stuff a lot, even outside of Gorten chucking.
    In theory the Drillers get some better positioning now as they aren't reliant on being in position to throw, wasn't a super relevant part
    of the game here.

Last edited by Angry Norway; 12-26-2016 at 06:00 AM.

A pair of ye old day of Boxing matches into Has Dams.

First off is ye old 50 pointer, I threw down my needs-to-be-altered Baba Yaganess.

Old Witch1 w/Scrapjack - Behemoth, Destroyer, Gun Carriage, Drakhun

Awful list. Well, it's mostly OK, the Destroyer is only there because I made this the day after the Errata and he slotted in
    nicely, should really be some contesting or jamming bits or something. 50 Points lists are hard.

It's that old Protectorate dude in his slightly younger guise:
    Severius1 - Blessing of Vengeance, Castigator, Reckoner, 2x Kicky Monks, 2x Wracks, Flame Bringers, Choir, Sunburster,
    Vassal Mechanik

It's Entrenched, one side is a little bereft of terrain around the deployment, though gets the joy of a zone with offensive
    forest placement, the other gets a nice hill and cloud arrangement. Some walls and Trenchers are on one side, though they
    aren't super important.

Khador 1: The Menite cultists took the side with protective central terrain, leaving glorious homeland with going firstness.

My unpack basically features my flanks redeploying, as the Gun Carriage goes to the right to throw rough terrain in front of
    Menoth Jacks, the Drakhun goes left to harass the Flame Bringers. Jacks go central cause mission make glorious not Russian
    stompy robots quicker has been torpedoed severely (Mad Dogs are unknown. Dead experiment. Walk away Citizen.).

Spell wise, the Murder of Croes goes next to the carriage, in prep for Old Witch to prowl and possibly score in the future,
    Scrappy gets Avatar of Slaughter in case the Flame Bringers give me an option to kill them and the Drakhun gets Iron Flesh
    (Bit sad to have the solo as the highest armour in the list, oh well).

Menoth 1: The Flame Bringers get Defenders Ward, which has yet to not be immensely irritating.

The Kicky Monks, the other Menite head ache, go into lame stance of jerkness and move up, one in the centre, the other toward
    the Khador zone.

The Reckoner moves onto the hill up the back, the Castigator and Blessing hiverin and next to the cloud on the right side. Vassal
    Mechanik is behind the Castigator.

Reckoner gets Vision, all the jacks get Passaged.

Khador 2: Plan is simple enough, Jacks will shoot down Daughter Cav, Drakhun will go to draw out the Reckoner, Carriage will
    throw down rough terrain.

Destroyer moves up and flubs it, as he hits a Daughter cav but doesn't kill, should have given over another focus. Behemoth says
    he's got this you loser non-character smuck and blows up two Flame Bringers.

Drakhun charges into the Menite zone, kills a third Flame Bringer and reposition to the nearest corner.

Old Witch and Scrapjack hide out in the Murder of Croes, she feats and I camp four, worried about an Immolation assassination run
    or even an Ashes to Ashes iteration.

Carriage could shoot at either the right most kicky monk or the Vassal Mechanik (I target the Vassal either way, it just depends on
    where I want to randomly scatter from to throw down the rough terrain).

I opt to try to kill the Vassal, don't have a means to hit boost so instead just wing him a bit then reposition backward, though at least
    the Castigator is mired in the craters.

End of my turn the cloud also goes away.

Menoth 2: Defenders Ward drops, Vision stays.

The Sunburster tries a shot at the Drakhun, manages a mighty damage point. The Reckoner doesn't charge in, opting instead for a
    gun shot that does a mighty pair of boxes. A Daughter then tries to charge and vaporises to Old Witches feat, the other unit member
    then runs way into the left back of the field. The left Kicky Monk then tries to move up to a position annoying to my jacks, again gets
    torched by the feat and fails his tough roll. Unexpected success.

The other jacks shuffle around, Severius opts to hang way back. I thought he might move up to feat on Old Witch and shrink her feat
    aura, but feared my threat ranges enough to not go for it. Plan foiled.

Khador 3: Clock feels tight in these games, plan is to push the scenario element while keeping Old Witch safe.
    The Drakhun goes first, goes over and zots the objective then goes next to the wall.
    Old Witch hides behind her Murder of Crows cloud, gives Weald Secrets to Behemoth, this lets Behemoth try a not terrible
    shot on the Daughter, though sadly he misses. I then do the second shot into the Sunburster, also miss, but get a lucky
    scatter that still flattens the unit.
    The Destroyer moves up in front of Behemoth, intent being to block the Reckoner charge. He really needed to run, but I got
    Greedy and did an ineffectual shot on Blessing of Vengeance.
    Gun Carriage moves up, shoots Blessing, killing the Mechanik but not doing a great deal of damage before Repositioning backward.
    I then had a hard time mulling out what to do with Scrapjack. I essentially had two overall plans in my mind, the first was to
    keep him alive in preparation for the Unseen Path offensive Dominate. I ended up going with the second option, which was
    charging Blessing of Vengeance. It did a little damage, the intent more was to absorb the Menoth jacks and focus into killing my
    stuff instead of going for an assassination which I feared.

Menoth 3: Choir did Battle, then as hoped the Castigaotr went into scrapjack. Hit a couple times, which was enough to leave it
    on a single line of boxes, which thankfully had both Movement and Cortex.
    Blessing then tried a couple stabs, Def 14 proved to much as he missed everytime. Sevvy then got in the action, trying a boosted
    Immolate that also missed.
    All that went above and beyond the plan, things then went wrong as the Reckoner charges Behemoth and perfectly knocks off
    both arms. Balls.
    The last Flame Bringer then runs up and neighs at Old Witch. Double Nuts. Or a healthy amount if you like.

Khador 4: In glorious hindsight, had Sevvy feated on me I'd have been screwed. Apparition doesn't pop till after allocation, so I
    don't think I could fuel any of the jacks.

In any event, the surprise survival of Scrapjack means I can easily get Old Witch into Sevvy who in his desperate plight to try to
    stop this shenanigan went down to 1 focus, so its all assassination time.

Had this not been available with Scrapjack expected demise, I would have loaded up the Destroyer and given one to Behemoth to
    trash the Reckoner, use the Drakhun as well if needed. Have Old Witch kill the Flame Bringer, Carriage to keep throwing rough terrain
    on the remaining pair of Jacks.

Destroyer and Gun Carriage shoot at Sevvy, knock off his camp and do a couple points.
    Scrapjack moves up a little to stab Sevvy, triggers Blessing of Vengeances Defensive Strike. If he hits this the plan is scuppered and
    I'm in an awful place.

I luck out and he misses. Scrapjack then lands a hit and knocks off a good chunk of health. Old Witch then moves up, Unseen Paths
    to Sevvy, Avatar of Slaughter's herself, hits the first initial and kills him.

Me on the left.

Surprised how well that panned out for me, though I definitely had an edge of knowing Sevvy1 versus Old Witch not being a known
    quantity. Her feat is.....an insult to compare it to a steaming pile, just not a lot of uses in the current Meta. Fun Carriage gold when
    pathfinder isn't around.

The joys of 50 point games is a quick re-rack into a 75, as given the state of the warmachine going on nearby a new
    opponent wasn't going to rear up at an opportune time (as in I saw Trolls on the board).

Back on the horse:
    Gorten1 - 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, 2x Gunner, Wrongeye w/Snapjaw, Rorsh w/Brine, Tinker, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt,
    2x Eliminators, Acosta

Into the same list with some more pieces added:
    Severius1 - Blessing of Vengeance, Castigator, Reckoner, 2x Kicky Monks, 2x Wracks, Flame Bringers, Choir, Sunburster,
    Vassal Mechanik, Avatar of Menoth and Nicia

Scenario is Extraction, one side of the board has a spread of forest/hill/trench/wall, the other has a wall and forest and
    back trench that doesn't come up.

I won the roll, it's not the fastest list so I choose table side, opting for the side where the obstinate forest is on a flank
    that I can use. I give away a wall that could be used to ameliorate my feat, but opt that as preferential to the wall that ends
    up on my side that Sevvy could use well to not get assassinated.

Killbox works for me, as Gorten has to be aggressive anyway, whereas old man Sevvy would rather not. An annoyance for
    me however will be ashes to ashes, which bypasses the sweet Croc boat defence tech. Alas Acosta.

So, that going second counter deploy stuff. Didn't really succeed at that.
    On the right it's all good, courtesy of a forest it's pretty much just a Reckoner versus Wrongeye and Snapjaw, if the Reckoner
    camps at contesting the right flag I just sit a croc behind the wall and get work in the middle, if the Jack goes in to do work
    in the centre he'll get mauled by a handbag.
    Centre and the Left side are a bit messy, the Eliminators are somewhat boned. Ninja Pig ends up across from the Daughter
    Cav, though really the Baconers are hoping some Bunny shots will force the cav to jam up rather than butchering them.

Round 1: Menites run forward, predictably Defenders Ward goes on the Cav. Vision goes on the Castigator. Nicia also hangs
    out with the Flame Bringers.

I run back at them, I put Acosta behind a Driller, if an Ashes to Ashes comes up to eat him then the Driller will be in charge
    range of Blessing of Vengeace or if the Elimiantor in front them pops it'll trigger Vengeance. Strength of Granite and
    Solid Ground go up.

Menoth 2: The Flame Bringers duke into the middle, Avatar goes up front and pops Gaze, pinging the two Gun Bunnies in front
    of Gorten. On the right the Reckoner stomps into the forest to get a shot in on a Bunny. Sevvy chills out in the back, feats on
    Gorten and arcs an Ashes to Ashes to kill the Red Eliminators. Sweet 6 inch control area ahoy.
    The Sunburster also does a scatter to set three of the Bunnies, Gorten and the Objective on fire, an

Merc 2: I'd placed the Kayazy to trigger Acosta's Righteous Vengeance, but the need to keep him in a safe spot meant it
    wasn't especially meaningful as he crawls around the Driller.
    This is just a wait it out turn, fully expected when my solos have higher or equal Fury/Focus stats to my Warcaster
    (Wrongeye did not seize this clear opportunity to take charge alas).
    Centre wise the jacks just hover around, Bunnies kill a Flame Bringer. Drillers hover just shy of the Avatar's threat range.
    On the left Acosta charges in and kills Nicia, Green Kayazy move to positions to slow up the cav going into the Pigs as
    Rorsh misses his shots on a Daughter.
    Right side Snapjaw goes over the wall, Submerges in a spot where the Reckoner can't charge in through the forest.
    Wrongeye hangs out behind the wall.

Menoth 3: Flame Bringers kill Acosta and an Eliminator. Sadness, I'd really hoped for that first attack to miss to Dodge out
    and get a pointless Vengeance Trigger this time.
    Kicky Monks get up in front of my face, stay in stance of doom. God I hate those guys. I'd almost watch the Green Lantern
    movie again to get their FA reduced.
    Castigator with Vision goes up and kills a Gun Bunny, hurts the other one. Avatar walks up behind him, Reckoner does another
    Pot Shot. Avatar gets Enlivened.

Merc 3: Feeling good, the Menites didn't do much work and now my Control area is back. In an ideal world I hold the feat, but
    the heavies are up in my grill.
    Regretting the drop of Strength of Granite last round now, but oh well. Upkeep Strength of Granite, fully load both Drillers.
    Begin on the right, as the Reckoner is about to get feat moved so Snapjaw goes in first for some free maulage. Charges, buys
    a bunch of attacks, leaves him with just the melee arm. I don't Submerge or by a last attack as I spaz out with Wrongeye, who
    goes to the right flag and Submerges/Star Crosses.
    Gorten then walk up onto the hill, feat pushes the Kicky Monks, half the Flame Bringers and all the Heavies to the left side of the
    board, ordering it such that the Avatar and Castigator can get Drilled.
    Bunnies/Tinker shield Gorten.
    One Driller goes into the Castigator, pops Vision and does a bunch of damage. Brine then goes in, throws Castigator at the
    Avatar to stop Enlivening shenanigans.
    Remaining Driller goes into both jacks, pops the Castigator and flails at the Avatar, removing only armour boxes to my disappointment.
    Kicky Monks die to the last Kayazy and a Spray Bunny.

I go to 1 CP.

Menoth 4:Flame Bringers smell the Bacon, they roll pretty badly on damage though and Brine lives with all aspects running on
    half a dozen boxes after a crit Grievous Wounds.
    Blessing and Avatar destroy the forward Driller. Ashes to Ashes kills the Tinker and dings Bunnies.
    Reckoner took a pot shot rather than moving to contest, so I go to a second control point.

Merc 4: Brine doesn't frenzy, so things are looking good. the right score up plan is working out, but Brine being functional against
    the odds means I can really push the attrition advantage.
    On the right, Snapjaw tramples to the Reckoner and one shots it, Submerges. Wrongeye sticks it out on the flag.
    The Bunnies move around the centre, they are so damaged by pot shots and fire that they don't achieve anything.
    Aiyanna Harms Blessing of Vengeance, various Handcannons shoot it and do chip damage.
    Ragman walks up and Deathfields, letting the remaining Driller charge up and finish the Avatar and Blessing of Vengeance.
    Brine boosts all his initials to hit, kills three of the Flame Bringers.
    Gorten hides behind my Objective.

I go to 3 CP.

Menoth 5: Choir run to contest the right flag, Flamebringers kill Brine and engage bits.
    Sunburster does a random shot.
    Severius sighs and advances up, does some pew pews and flops over, belly exposed in front of a giant Gator.

I eat a choir, run something to the left and score it out.

Sevvy needs to leverage that feat turn, but is constrained to pop it early in the matchup. I think of him as a good Gorten answer
    in Menoth, but I'm relatively convinced at this point that it is still hard going if patience is applied and scenario is played around.
    Ashes to Ashes is the worst, how dare the game have answers for my stuff. Rabble rabble.

Feel like I have the dumb. I've stressed in my post errata Gorten thoughts around the place that the wall is where it's at, but I never
    hit a point where it felt like the right call, I specifically dropped Strength of Granite anticipating putting it down and just....nada....

It's weird to say, but I'm no longer sure about the Drillers. The Croc/Pig/Damage Buff stuff all feels fine, but do I need two slow albeit
    cheap beaters? Assassin stock also went up with friendly Slams gone, but I now dislike having models super dependent on being in
    Gorten's non-thrown control area to not trivially die. Plus it'd make Strength of Granite a dead spell, which is what Eruption and
    Molten Metal nicely fill as is.

Our quest begins to replace Thexus with something less brain hurty. Candidate 1:
    Durgen1 - 3x Gunners, Blasters, 2x Drillers, Reinholdt, Tinker, Aiyanna + Holt, Dahlia w/Skarath, Kayazy Assassins,
    2x Kayazy Eliminators, Piper

Filched from better minds, original list has two Kayazy Assassin units but I don't own a second unit and love the Snake,
    so that happened. Originally Piper was also Saxon for more Stealthness, the Snake change meant I got seduced by the
    prospect of using Piper to trigger Dahlia's Prowl.

It's into pre-Errata Skorne, so this can only go well right?

Makeda3 w/droobs - Molik, 2x Aradus Soldiers, Archidon, Gladiator, Bone Grinders (Min), Paingivers, Feralgeist

It's Recon, one side gets a poorly placed Trench, a sweet wall at the end of the zone and a slightly impeding forest, then
    there's a forest and water on the centre line, water and a wall on the other side.

I lose the roll, get given first and to my surprise receive the side with the zone wall, possibly habitual expectation that I'll
    play without any pathfinder? Forgot to inquire after the game.

My brain white noises a bit when asked how to deploy units, it's been a while. I end up angling for Durgen and Bunnies to
    go to the left to use the wall, Kayazy a bit to the right though they'll move to the centre anyway, Eliminators outflanking
    and the Snake to tackle the forest.

Merc 1: Skorne have deployed essentially symmetrically, so no amazing duke it out manoeuvres on turn one.
    Durgen/Bunnies go toward the wall, Kayazy start up the middle, Eliminators go up on either flank. Snake goes into the forest.
    Haunting Melody, Force Field and Assassin Primed goes up. I forgo Redline as I didn't place Durgen with appropriate LoS,
    figure I can just cast it next turn and skip the damage roll for now.

Skorne 1: The Archidon lazily flies forward and all the other beasts run up. The left Aradus shelters behind the mid line forest,
    the right stays out of Snakey charge range.
    Vortex of Destruction goes up on Makky, whatever the Overtake/Grievous thing is goes on Molik.
    The Feralgeist hangs out way on the right for....reasons?

Merc 2: Pretty simple, jam up and shoot up.
    The Assassins get march off Piper and run up, one gets a charge on the left Aradus for some damage.
    Eliminators run up each flank to threaten the Paingivers next turn.
    Durgen and Bunnies move up around the wall and shoot down the Archidon, using the centre forest to not give the left Aradus
    a charge angle.
    Drillers move up to counter kill the Bugs if they move up, I again activated them at an awkward point so didn't get Redline out.
    Dahlia goes into the zone as she is near invulnerable, Skarath hangs out in the forest because as we all, the worst thing for trees
    is getting chained to hippies, so he made sure that didn't happen.

Skorne 2: Molik goes into some Kayazy, takes some Primed damage then Repositions backward.
    Left Aradus tramples through the woods, kills a Kayazy for a damage roll, ties up the Bunnies.
    Right Aradus goes in, maxes fury failing to hit the Assassins sweet Defence 13. No Underboss needed apparently.
    Gladiator goes way up on the right side, inspired by the Feralgeist managing to hit and pop an Eliminator. Dangit.

Merc 3: Seems easy enough. Drillers pop an Aradus each, Snake kills Gladiator, easy cruise to an attrition win.
    Both Driller get fully loaded, I drop Force Field and keep Primed going.
    Start with the left heavy, walks into the Aradus. It's pre-damaged, so should overkill it by a fair bit. Promptly miss the initial
    Drill attack and roll low damage, so it gets left with 7 boxes. Hmm. Not good.
    Backup plan, send in three Kayazy, I put two into the right Aradi and three into the one that must be killed (Gang with Primed
    should kill with average rolls).
    Kayazy do two points, five left. Oh god.
    Alright, new mid turn plan, Gunner walks out of the way, Bug has lost its Mind so misses the Free Strike, shoots Molik for
    giggles which Maks buddy Shield Guards, goes to 1 point and triggers Battle Driven. Own worst enemy.
    Durgen walks back as far as he can, swings his amazingly stupid looking hammer, boosts damage, 50/50 chance to kill.
    Leaves bug on 2 boxes, this is the worst. Now onto the final plan I have, Durgen does the lamest feat in the world.
    Now GunFighter Gunner moves into .5 of the offending Bug, shoots, manages to blast through the Carapace to kill him.

Gunner, Tinker, Reinholdt all try to shield Durgen, but can't fit in the gap between him and the wall.

Moving on from that sodding disaster and my impending death to Molik....
    The other Driller charges the right Bug, also pre damaged from Kayazy. Misses the charging Drill attack.

Dr Evil, I too would like a bone.
    The Driller swings on, fails to finish off.

Aiyanna Harms the Gladiator, which then dies to the Snake charging, so that was nice.
    Spray Bunny and left Eliminators run in front of Molik. Right Eliminator kills the Feralgeist.

Now to Brace.

Skorne 3: The surviving Aradus frenzies, blats an innocent Kayazy.
    Makeda and workers splat the important blocking Eliminator and the Spray Bunny. Molik charges up, the Eliminator misses the
    freestrike. Kills a Kayazy, has to take the Primed blast to get to the Durgen stab spot, I fall a box shot of killing the Spirit.
    Molik gets just in melee range, blats Durgen. Sadness.

Me on the right.

Dangit. Definitely felt some burns on this one. Got greedy with the Assassins on the right Aradus, could also have risked the 8
    needed by Aiyanna to harm. Biggest issue being the failure to put Redline out, waited until it was too late to fix it. Spray Bunny
    placement also could have gone further back, outside of Makeda's threat range.

Definitely a lot easier to play Durgen than Thexus. Then again the Caphalyx list wouldn't have had no issue steamrolling the Mak list....

The local Save File traveled to the deep south of round about land for some Burney Dwarf goodness:
    Durgen1 - 3x Gunners, Blasters, 2x Drillers, Reinholdt, Tinker, Aiyanna + Holt, Dahlia w/Skarath, Kayazy Assassins,
    2x Kayazy Eliminators, Piper

First game into the Ret starter chump.
    Helynna1 - Imperatus, Banshee, Phoenix, Aspis, 2x Mitten Hands, Mitten Hand solo, 3x Arcanist, Sylyss Wysnallyr, Ghost Sniper,
    Healy solo dude
    Objective: Fuel Cache

Incursion, because I need to work out what I'm doing with that thing.

I win the roll and pick first, fearing that Rythm of War would let the Ret Battlegroup get up quick enough to cause severely
    awkward decisions on my part.

This game is essentially at the cheap warmachine terrain factory for the local stores, so behold
    ****ty-terrain-in-even-worse-than-normal-half-finished-state.
    Left side has a pair of Concealment walls that will hopefully mimic hedges when they get Greened.
    White circle that totally isn't a CD is a centrally placed fog in front of my Advance Deployment lines.
    On my side of the centre line there is an obstruction repped by a chunk of Sacral Vault, then a forest near the right flag (That thing
    wot says "Trees").

On the Ret side we get another blob of trees, a green central hill and a Wreck Marker of Rubble on the right.

Deployment/initial plan wise, I put all the Kayazy on the left side, reasoning that the Stealth flood will be more effective there as the
    Obstruction provides nice cover but doesn't really stop to many lines of sight.

Durgen and jacks go edging toward the right, intending to push for the middle flag.
    Dahlia and Skarath go on the right, as they can use the forest to trigger Mistwalker Prowl or to hide behind it effectively.

Ret wise, Mittens go on either flank, then the Jacks sit in the guts ready to take in the view of the hill.

Merc 1: **** runs forward, the Eliminators go up on the left, the Assassins essentially go up the guts as fort Durgen forms up
    behind the cloud. Dahlia and Skarath move up per the plan.
    Assassins get Primed, because that's what they are their for. Durgen Force Fields himself and learning from that Aradus mauling I
    put out Redline on a Driller.

Ret 1: The left unit of Mittens moves up, sticking short of the Eliminator threat range. The Phoenix moves up on that side to an
    arcing position.
    The other Jacks, Mitten Solo, Hel and so forth all pile onto the hill and fort up with Force Barrier. She gets Arcane Secreted, then
    casts Obliteration.

My eyes about popped out of my skull. My opponent, being a normal warmachine player and not a ****, read out the spell list for
    his caster before the game when asked and my brain immediately discounted Oblit due to habitually ignoring it on Buthcer1.
    Where the hell is the logic that a spell Butcher won't cast isn't utilised elsewhere? Just.....so dumb.

Anyway, the Oblit hits three of the Eliminators, I get lucky and only lose two.

Rightside, the Ghost Sniper goes into the Rubble, the right side Mitten unit spreads out.

Merc 2: Obliteration? No way that'll happen again. Surely. I can Fore Field from here out anyway (Wait for it). Plan is to get the jam
    happening, push to nab the right flag, fight over the centre and just contest the left. Fog goes away, which isn't the worst thing
    (My guns can't hide behind it and do shots, Ret will hit Dwarf jacks with ease anyway).

Left wise, the Eliminators could run and engage the Mittens, but then they just die to walking in the back arc engage magic pew pews,
    so it's a waste. Instead a Kayazy runs backward to be behind each hedge, they are then joined by the Spray Bunny running behind the
    Obstruction, hoping for a future turn of spraying away Mages.

Centre wise the Gun Bunnies shoot the Banshee at max range, one shot goes to the Aspis, the others do some slight chipping.
    Durgen runs behind the Bunnies (If he took a shot it means something is in range of Imperatus and Durgen dies, or Durgen is out in the
    open and also potentially splats).
    Aiyanna and Holt cruise int eh backfield, one Driller advances to threaten the centre flag.

Right way, seeing as how the Ret jacks lack pathfinder I opt to run the Red Lined Driller (After an incompetent Tinker repair job) to be
    behind the Rubble. he's also immune to Pushing, so the Mittens might very well hurt him badly but can't assure his destruction by pushing
    him out to Banshee/Imperatus charging. Dahlia stays way back in fear, the Snake gets Mistwalker, puts up Counterblast, walks into the
    forest and sprays down the Ghost Sniper.

Fairly innocuous turn in terms of damage, but happy with my placement at this point.

Ret 2: Leftwise, the Battle Mittens just move up and try some shots on one Eliminator, missing pretty hard.
    Centre wise, the Phoenix and Imperatus chopped up most of the Assassins. The Banshee shoots the centre Gunner, knocking it over Durgen
    who ignores it courtesy of Force Field.
    Helynna sits on a hill behind the Aspis and the solo tool with Force Barrier. She Feats and casts Deflection, the jacks all fall back somewhat at
    the end of the turn with Rhythm.
    On the right, the Mittens walk up, one gets a hit on Skarath, pushing him a minute distance further into the woods, another punches the Driller
    for some token damage.

Merc 3: Well, feat means I'm not doing much, thankfully the Jacks didn't push forward around the centre flag, I'd have been
    screwed. Instead I have a chance to push the side flags for a few points.

Leftwise, Holt shoots down the contesting Mittens. One Kayazy goes in, kills another, sidesteps and misses the follow up attack.
    The other Kayazy goes to the left flag to score it.

Centre wise everything just backpedals, Durgen runs and camps (Noting that I did waste a reload with Reinholdt because of
    dumbness).
    I contemplated burning all the Gunners to pop a couple of the Arcanists, instead they just chipped the Banshee.
    The last pair of Assassins, no longer Primed, run up into the far forest to threaten the support junk later on.

Right side the Driller and Skarath kill the three contesting Mittens, the snakey moves to score.

I go to 2 CP.

Ret 3: The left Mittens manage to pop the Eliminator engaging them. The Phoenix kills the scoring one and Rythms to the left flag.

Centre wise Imperatus kills the Assassins, Banshee moves to the centre flag and knocks down the Driller in front of Durgen.
    Fort Helynna moves off the hill, re-pops the Force Barrier/Deflection nonsense.
    Hellynna also arcs another Oblit (Which is magic and gets around Force Field. Sigh), this time scattering off Holts head to kill
    Aiyanna and ding the Spray Bunny.

Right wise the Battle Mittens move in on Skarath and the Driller, don't do much of relevance.

Scores level at 2 CP.

Merc 4: I have to push for a scenario win on the right flag, Attrition will go poorly as Skarath doesn't hit very hard without damage buffs.

Left wise Holt moves up and shoots down a Mitten, the unit is now below half strength so that's fine. I run the spray Bunny to sit
    4 inches from the left, Rhythm of War means I can't stop the score realistically but the Phoenix is the only viable scoring piece on that
    side so takes a heavy out of the centre attrition game.

Centre wise, it takes all three Bunnies to blow through Deflection and the Shield Guard to pop the Force Barrier ******, at least giving
    Durgen a potential feat turn. if he wants to die to Imperatus. And get one shot because Reinholdt is way out of range to pop Reload.
    Next round for sure!
    Durgen Redlines the Driller that he maxed on Fury, misses an Armour Pierce shot after shuffling a little bit to the right.
    Said Driller then goes in, easily cleans up the Banshee (Elves didn't account for the free charge). I can't believe I once expressed disdain
    for the Drillers Sustained Attack, it's magic against this Def 12/13 stuff.

Right side, the Driller and Skarath clean out the Mittens and put up Coutnerblast, but Reinholdt is the only piece that can run to score as
    Dahlia already hid behind the forest.

I take the lead, 3v2 CP.

End of turn I was super worried. Clock was on parity, and I didn't recognise swiftly enough that the top Driller was so far out of control
    range that the top Driller was in way a threat to Imperatus. If he just clears out the centre Driller and runs stuff to contest the right flag
    this turn I'll be hard pressed to not lose on scenario in my next turn.

Ret 4: I get a super lucky misread, in which Arcto-man decides assassination is the better play.
    The last couple Mittens pop Holt, the Phoenix runs way up the board to get behind Durgen.
    Helynna moves up in front of my Driller to get the Phoenix in control area again, arcs a knockdown and Death Sentence equivalent on Durgen.
    Imperatus walks up past my Red Lined Driller, shoots at Durgen.
    Durgens sweet Fire Immunity comes up, Ret concedes.

No business getting the win here, was definitely outmatched.
    Durgen, I don't what to do about you. He just doesn't feel strong. Possibly there's a list that works? I think I'm going to go back to Thexus
    and just accept I'll have a couple brain melting games in a long tourney. Probably throw down some Ashlynn and Fiona lists in the meantime,
    the Power Attack Errata in theory makes them playable now.
    Oh yeah, I forgot Durgen's continuous fire Field Marshal all game. Like you do. He's the explody dwarf, not the fire one dammit.

On another note, Ret jacks models are trash and need to change.
    Not that they look bad, I think for the most part the aesthetic is fine, my issue is I've played against them for years and still can't tell the damn
    things apart.
    I tried to get the names of the opposing jacks before we even deployed. I got Imperatus correct, then even my opponent screwed up when he
    initially agreed the Aspis was a Chimera.
    More likely it's just me, but this wouldn't be the internet if it wasn't presented as a gripe.

Warrior

As a silent reader of your reports I just wanted to thank you for your efforts. Your battle reports are great and written in a funny style that is really entertaining. Keep it up!

I'm also incapable of remembering any Ret 'jacks besides Imperatus and Griffons. What you/your opponent needs is a stack of post-it notes, write "Hello my name is [Myrmidon Name]" on some, and then label the zoggin' things.
    This post comes with the proviso that I am not the most competitive player ever.
    The Surgeon General recommends one (1) grain of salt be taken when consuming this post.

Likes: Trencher Aesthetic, Crazy Conversions, Bad Puns, Fluff in General
    Dislikes: Stormwall-or-its-wrong, Ehaley-or-nuthin, Groupthink

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast