Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Destroyer of Worlds Angry Norway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    As a silent reader of your reports I just wanted to thank you for your efforts. Your battle reports are great and written in a funny style that is really entertaining. Keep it up!

@elmagnifico, apparently the forum desires you to not be quoted for.....reasons?
    There have been local proxy games of printed out pics of models blue tacked on other models. Those games were considerably clearer than multi-jack ret lists (Outside of those "Imperatus, then all Griffons" things, which appear to have not survived the Synergy change I guess?)
    I support non-image bloated signatures. My sense of humour is deficient.
    Post count equates time spent typing online and nothing more.
    My r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ extremely specific batreps

Been lazy, about three reports behind on copy pasting to here. You know, the hard bit.

Well, one last Fire Dwarf game to see if something clicks.
    Durgen1 - 3x Gunners, Blasters, 2x Drillers, Reinholdt, Tinker, Aiyanna + Holt, Dahlia w/Skarath, Kayazy Assassins,
    2x Kayazy Eliminators, Piper
    Objective: Bunker

Into some Swannies piloted by Newest Dave.
    Maddox1 - 'Ol Rowdy, Ironclad, Charger, Junior w/Firefly, Min Storm Lancers, Laddermore (Though EWP is preferred honestly),
    Gun Mage Captain Adept, Two of the Snipey dudes

Scenario is Outflank, one side gets a hill, there's a wall smack dab in the centre of the board, then the left zone has a
    trench/hill/forest in it, the other has a fog and unhelpful Obstruction (in that said Obstruction is wholly in the zone, stopping it
    from being a nice hiding spot for contesting).

I lose the roll, get given first. I end up hill side.

Deployment: Assassins go left, across from the Gun Mage Adept, Junior, the Firefly and all the Ponies.
    Centre wise the battlegroups face off, Dahlia is on the right opposed by no one and Elimiantors on are on both extreme flanks.

Round 1: Not seeing a dramatic need for redeployment, so everything moves up. Assassins into Ponies aren't ideal, but I reason
    they can go suicide while I leave something to contest the zone and pew pew the Battlegroup away.
    Assassins get Primed, Force Field arises, Red Line goes on the right most of the two central Drillers.
    In response Cygnar doesn't advance to far, keeping mostly out of my threat ranges. Defender pops a shot into the Red Line Driller.
    Lancers get Arcane Shield, Maddoc puts Assail on the Ironclad and Dauntless Resolve's herself.

Merc 2: Begin the super grind and jam!

Left side, Eliminators run up the edge of the board, one engages the Firefly. Assassins run up and jam, the left most Driller toes the
    very bottom of the zone to stop any chance of scoring.

Centre, the three Gunners and Durgen pew pew 'Ol Rowdy, they do amazingly well, leaving the Swan on three or so boxes and just
    the right arm going.

Right side, the Elimiantors run to annoying engagement positions. Dahlia and Skarath go into the right zone.

Cygnar 2: Left wise, there's mission oh-god-save-junior.
    The Firefly manages to pop one Eliminator, Junior tries to help and.....just doesn't.
    The Stormlancers then go in and Impact/Assault/Melee most of the Assassins, leaving seven left. A lucky Primed explosion also kills one,
    so that was pretty good. Laddermore then charges the last Eliminator and misses every attack. Woot woot!

Centre wise we have an assassination attempt as the GMCA moves in from the left to shadowfire the Gunner in front of Durgen.
    Snake eyes it.
    Charger and Defender do some pot shots into my jacks, don't do to much.
    Rowdy and the Ironclad kill the right side Eliminators.

Merc 3: Well, this is looking pretty good. Get the scores going, kill stuff and keep Durgen safe. I drop Force Field as being no longer necessary.

Left wise, the Spray Bunny kills the GMCA and, flukily, one Stormlancer. I then activate the Eliminator I should have done first, who goes up
    and shivs Junior down.
    Assassins kill the last Stormlancer and one runs up engage one of the Riflemen.

Centre wise, the Gunners kill the Charger and Durgen runs to the trench in the left zone.

Right Wise the Red Line Driller easily kills Rowdy. Dahlia and Skarath go for a low odds assassination because I might as well, Skarath charges
    at the Ironclad which lets him buy some attacks on Maddox that bounce off.

I go to 3 CP and it's looking good.

Cygnar 3: Laddermore goes into the left zone and tries to pew pew Durgen, does nought.
    Maddox and the Ironclad kill Skarath and the concession drops, utterly fair, there's not much to be done about it at this point.

So....GMCA have Shadowfire? Good to know. It was about a 30%er which isn't the end times but definitely not something to happen for free,
    which it pretty much was as the guns were long range enough that the Defender at least was safe from retaliation.

Looking at it I feel no particular need to get Maddox, she just isn't that interesting to me. Though I guess I'm not pulling Haley1 out anytime soon.

By the glory of Public Holidays, re-racked into some different casters.

Only one other list on me, so here we go!
    Gorten1 - 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, 2x Gunner, Wrongeye w/Snapjaw, Rorsh w/Brine, Tinker, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt, 2x Eliminators,
    Acosta

Into everyone's favourite.
    Haley2 - 'Ol Rowdy, Ironclad, Defender, Charger, Junior w/Firefly, Storm Lancer Min, Laddermore, GMCA, 2x Arcane Riflejerks

Same table, but now with Extraction. I lose the roll, get given first on the same side.

The left flag has a forest that I can use as a blocking point, so the Pigs go left side, reasoning that if the Lancers end up across
    from them they can hold back while I move up the Gun Bunnies to start the winging damage. Battlegroup goes centre, because
    10 inch control areas aren't always great. Crocs are on the right of the battlegroup, with Acosta and Eliminators on the right side,
    figuring turbo chump can hide behind the obstruction and use an Eliminator generated Vengeance move to get into position to
    charge up.

Swanners go refused flank, putting nothing on the left, Jacks centre and Ponies out on the right.

Merc 1: Stuff mainly just runs up, Gorten goes up on the hill as he puts out Solid Ground and Strength of Granite on the right Driller.

Otherwise stuff just moves up, Gunners go to be able to walk up to the centre wall and pew pew away.

Cygnar 1: Everything runs up, the three solos toe the mist, Storm Lancers get Arcane Shielded.

Merc 2: I've got this handy Forest/Wall/Obstruction line that I can plug further with my own wall, plan at this stage is to push the
    scoring on the left flag and just throw things out on the right, set the line of battle for a grindy scenario win. Camp a few on Gorten
    until I pop Mr Shadowfire.

Ragman and Pig Gangbangers take the left flag and chill.
    The Red Eliminators then suicide forward, one engages GMCA nob and a Riflemans, the other is further back in Acosta vengeance
    trigger range.
    Everything else blobs up behind the wall and next to the Obstruction, crocs submerge into the dirt as is natural.

Cygnar 2: Juniors Firefly pops forward and tries kills the Vengeance Trigger Eliminator. After he botches it the various ponies shoot
    the firefly with sweet lightning and electro leap the Kayazy down.
    Unfortunately due to distance considerations this promotes the one engaging the Gun solos, but she was doomed anyway.
    Sure enough the Gun Mage Captain shadowfires the Bunker, camping three so my concern is minimal. The Rifle dude pops in a
    3 damage shot, I opt not to reduce as boostable shots were going to come in.
    The Charger and Defender have a go, but don't do especially well as I focus down their damage to nothing.
    Haley charges and kills the Eliminator. Meany. She feats. Rowdy gets Accelerated, which he uses to walk up around the wall and blat
    an innocent Gun Bunny. Wasn't expecting that.

Cygnar goes to 1 CP, Rowdy sadly contests the left flag.

Merc 3: Ah, Haley feat turns. Recall when they picked the order of your activations? I do. It was the Benghazi of Warmachine.
    Anyway, I have specific tools in the list that work around this nonsense, so I plan to use those to kill Rowdy. I'll lightly contest
    the right flag, as I want my jacks and Snappy to do work when they go in.

I upkeep Solid Ground and Strength of Granite, Acosta vengeances out of Haley's Control Range.
    One of the Spray Bunnies has beautiful attack line, hitting both cygnaran pew pew solos, only manages to kill the GMCA but that's
    enough, meaning Gorten can wall up without Shadowfire opening him up to attacks again.

The jacks and Crocs just shuffle with the Gunner finishing off the rifleman solo, Submerging and Starcrossing, I position Wrongeye
    such that he can't be hit by bouncy electricity, which is low odds of killing him but would be awful.
    Aiyanna sees over the Submergyness to Kiss Rowds, Ragman pops Deathfield.

Rorsh drops smoke, letting Brine walkout of Haley's Aura in a charge spot (he should have just walked into melee, but that's why we
    practice). Little Pig himself goes into the trench and drops two fury.

Brine goes into Rowds, takes one more Fury than I hoped to kill him, so risk a frenzy next turn. Survivable, so that's fine, just not ideal.

On the right Acosta goes into the Firefly, rolls very well, leaving the thing a shattered mess with a cortex box and a smidge of armour.

Gorten contests himself in hiding and pops down a Rockwall to stop the Ironclad being able to get anything, the crocs stop any TK nonsense.

At some point the Green Eliminator's engages the Charger/Ironclad, though that was mainly about not having Rowdy engaged for the Kiss.

Scores level at 1 apiece.

Cygnar 3: Haley Accelerates the Defender, TK's some stuff and chills. The Defender and Charger then try to kill Brine and mess him
    right up, like a 90's tween discovering the emo scene.
    The Ironclad bops one Green Eliminator, her compadre surprisingly survives the turn.

Acosta did that thing of being an extremely obstinate piece, improved by the lack of slamming own models that would easily make him
    killable in the situation.
    The Firefly, being more in the way than anything else, tries to walk around the back, the freestrike kills it and, worst of all, causes me to
    make an unwitting pun (Itinerant viewer: "Where's the Firefly?" Naïve me: "He got Acosta'd". A heartbeat's pause. Oh god. Acosted is a word.
    My world crumbles.).

It's then down to Laddermore killing one of models again, apparently that's how these games roll nowadays.
    She sadly manages to land a blow and Acosta disappears into the earth, something something plot armour.
    The Storm Knights then make a wedge in front of Laddermore sitting on the right flag, whie Junior goes behind her, desperately hoping her
    named character-ness will rub off on him.

Both sides go to 2.

Merc 4: It's that shirt tearing open part of the show where a turn gets to happen without Haley's feat.
    The scoring plan is working out, so it's just stall out for the scenario win, grind away as much as I can.

I drop the wall (Stop staring at the picture, I'll get to that!), keep the other spells going.
    It's a grind into Cygnar, so lets get rid of that god damn Junior.
    The Crocs move out of the way, Submerge and Star Crosses catch the bus, unlike Kriss Kross.
    Aiyanna and Holt pip up, Aiyanna Harms the Lancers, hot shoots...a Lancer I think?
    A spray Bunny moves up, sticks out of melee, gets a Spray that somehow dismounts Laddermore but doesn't kill Junior. I then charge the
    last Kayazy across, she finishes Junior off.
    The Gunner and the other Spray Bunny finish off the Charger with some sweet dice.
    Gorten and bros hang on the hill, I put down the wall I didn't upkeep because I'm silly.
    The Pigs hang out around the left flag, Brine goes into a trench and heals up.
    Something killed dismounted Laddermore, the cider I'm drinking hasn't helped me out at all so I have no idea.

I get up 3v2.

Cygnar 4: Haley charges and kills the Eliminator. Because apparently she's a warrior.
    The Swans are very hemmed in her, at best they can feed me heavies that I'll easily pop, so they kill my poor spray Bunny and that's sadly that.

An amusing read as always! One small nitpick - the eliminator that died to eleaps wouldn't trigger vengeance on Acosta as eleaps aren't considered attacks. Keep up the great reports!

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTaco View Post
    An amusing read as always! One small nitpick - the eliminator that died to eleaps wouldn't trigger vengeance on Acosta as eleaps aren't considered attacks. Keep up the great reports!
    Dangit. Another one to chalk up to user error. Cheers!

Ah Eliminators. Thanks for reminding me why I take Thunderhead and/or Minutemen in most of my lists.

Your opponent was being very adventurous with their Junior. Especially when there are Eliminators running around I don't even try to keep her (I have the alt sculpt) 'jack in control, especially since the Firefly I give her is usually running ball-bearings to the walls toward the enemy for great zappy justice. Ionization with electric guns is a wonderful thing.

I don't think I've ever used Shadowfire on my GMCA though, the threat of it is so much more powerful than the actual practice, in my experience. Usually he's a Flare distributor and Eiryss hunter.
    This post comes with the proviso that I am not the most competitive player ever.
    The Surgeon General recommends one (1) grain of salt be taken when consuming this post.

Likes: Trencher Aesthetic, Crazy Conversions, Bad Puns, Fluff in General
    Dislikes: Stormwall-or-its-wrong, Ehaley-or-nuthin, Groupthink

Quote Originally Posted by elmagnifico View Post
    Ah Eliminators. Thanks for reminding me why I take Thunderhead and/or Minutemen in most of my lists.
    Well, Minuteman doesn't do much against the Gorten Iteration
    Thunderhead.....I'll always be torn on the expense vsersus glass percentage of that feella.

Your opponent was being very adventurous with their Junior.
    Learning player, I'm aiming to convince him to use less Juniors (Ruined by the fact I take two in most lists....Do what I say, now what I do)

I don't think I've ever used Shadowfire on my GMCA though, the threat of it is so much more powerful than the actual practice, in my experience. Usually he's a Flare distributor and Eiryss hunter.
    I don't think I've seen Eiryss on the table in Mark 3 (If only the Mark 2 version of me could see the future, they'd cast disbelief)

Thursday chompin. I'd planned to Squid head it, then ingeniously left a pair of Monstrosities home. Good tourney
    practice there.

It's the other list that I've never played before:
    Gorten1 - 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, 2x Gunner, Wrongeye w/Snapjaw, Rorsh w/Brine, Tinker, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt,
    2x Eliminators, Acosta

Into the Questor seeking to be a hero (I'm essentially the mini-boss who has been confused for one of the larger four or
    five behind him).

Axis1 - Cipher, 2x Inverter, Diffuser, Corollary, Steelsoul Protector, 2x Obstructors, Reductors, 2x Enigma Foundry x2

Or to translate:
    WHERE'S YOUR THEME FORCE NOW?! - Terrain/Flare Heavy, double Donginator, small Flare bot, mandatory focus juggling orb,
    Ogrun Bokur mark 2, 2x small shield tosser, small base vomit men, pair of robot ant queen soul factories (Dammit, that one
    sounds way to metal)

Anyway, it's Outflank. We've got double water, double forest, double wall and a hill.

I lose the wall, get lumped with the side penalised by having the water on the left and centre with a forest that has half its
    mass in the right zone. There's a wall on my side as well, though it's not super relevant. We face a symmetrical deployment,
    with Obstructors either side and Foundries behind, axis dead centre, heavies either side. Diffuser(Flare light fella) leans toward
    the left.

Merc 1: I opt for the split groups deal, Wrongeye takes his Defence Posse left side, Gorten goes to claim the right zone with
    Brine on the extreme right.
    I Solid Ground and Strength of Granite the centre line Driller.
    I've only put one heavy centrally, hoping to draw out Axis' feat by offering a Strength of Granite Driller, I then leverage my feat
    to push hard on the right as the Croc scream out "pay attention to me".

CoC 1: Stuff runs up. Axis is tauntingly open and 15 inches away. Urk.Oh the taunting.
    Onslaught is up, that's the Diffuser and a Dongilator on the left with the Cipher/2nd Dongilator on the right.

Merc 2: Axis being dead centre gives hope to the wide split list plan, the intent is to force a Convergence feat. Depending on end
    positioning I'll then either hold my feat (Optimistic) or counter feat (Realistic).
    The Strength of Granite Driller and Gun Bunnies move up into threat range as Axis feat sacrifices, I also get a lucky roll on my
    shots and ping off the Enigma Foundries, so that was nice.
    Other the left group hoves to the left, using stealth, submerge and distance to make the Diffuser Flare irrelevant. Star Crossed popped.
    On the right I move up the second Driller around the right edge of the forest, toeing the zone. My thinking is he will stop the score
    and give that final impetus for Axis feat, as he'll be in charge range of a few Obstructors. I keep the Tinker in Axis feat walk and repair
    range in case, he only needs his Cortex left then for a perfectly fine turn.

[img] [/img]
    CoC 2: It all pans out as wanted, which I think is the right call for the Gearheads anyway.
    Axis moves up, pops feat. Stays further than 12 away from Gorten.
    Both Inverters come forward to kill jacks, one pops the bait Driller, the other crunches the Gunners. It was kind of like a boot
    descending on an aluminium can. The jacks were an ant in the can.
    The Cipher futzes around the back, drops some terrain on the Inverter in the right zone. I like that move, whilst simultaneously
    resenting it.
    The left Obstructor unit just runs up, wasn't in a position to do much.
    The right unit charges the Driller, CMA's for a wollop that takes off its right arm.

Merc 3: I've contested it out, so can seize the scoring initiative.
    My strategical errors are revealed to me in the manner of a grotesque nightmare fuel half man half mechanical fiend ramming a piston
    arm into my temple. I've divided myself far to much with the Driller and Snapjaw unable to support each other, I'm going to have to
    feat for scoring and to buy time but the long game isn't looking that good.

In any event, plan is to clear the right zone with feat.
    Gorten toes the zone, this triggers a countercharge which doesn't do a great deal of damage, my fear being the charge would be
    enough to get the Inverter next to Gorten and be unpullable, thankfully the Onslaught/Countercharge interaction was in my favour
    this time.
    I shunt everything to the left, everything being Axis, the Heavy Vectors and most of the infantry in the right zone, then Spray Bunnies
    clear most of the zone, only issue being a Reductor up the far end that Holt, being a ****, decided not to kill. This meant I had to send
    in Brine, which was quite distasteful, as I wanted him centrally placed to threaten Axis' position.

I unthinkingly activated the left side first, which had some very bad consequences. My feat turn was the opportunity for Snappy to move
    in and threaten the nearest Inverter, instead I fell back with him and his bros.

I go to 2 CP and embrace the sun eventually going nova.

Merc 3: I've contested it out, so can seize the scoring initiative.
    My strategical errors are revealed to me in the manner of a grotesque nightmare fuel half man half mechanical fiend ramming
    a piston arm into my temple. I've divided myself far to much with the Driller and Snapjaw unable to support each other, I'm
    going to have to feat for scoring and to buy time but the long game isn't looking that good.

In any event, plan is to clear the right zone with feat.
    Gorten toes the zone, this triggers a countercharge which doesn't do a great deal of damage, my fear being the charge would
    be enough to get the Inverter next to Gorten and be unpullable, thankfully the Onslaught/Countercharge interaction was in my
    favour this time.
    I shunt everything to the left, everything being Axis, the Heavy Vectors and most of the infantry in the right zone, then Spray
    Bunnies clear most of the zone, only issue being a Reductor up the far end that Holt, being a ****, decided not to kill. This meant
    I had to send in Brine, which was quite distasteful, as I wanted him centrally placed to threaten Axis' position.

I unthinkingly activated the left side first, which had some very bad consequences. My feat turn was the opportunity for Snappy
    to move in and threaten the nearest Inverter, instead I fell back with him and his bros.

I go to 2 CP and embrace the sun eventually going nova.

CoC 3:My feat stops to much from happening. Everything shuffles around, thing move into the zones. The left Obstructors
    Shield Wall up, the Reductors spray Brine and do some touch damage.

Merc 4: Reacting super late to my mistakes, the Croc boats moves forward, Acosta runs up to engage the left Inverter. I ping the
    other Inverter with Harm and Holt/Rorsh shots, doing some damage but not removing anything important. I then slam it with a
    Spray Bunny, which just Barely gets it out of the zone as Brine throws a Reductor to clear it.

Gorten goes into the forest, plonks down a wall. The forest limits it's placement, so I then go to run the Tinker and remaining
    Bunny to block spots. Accept if I do that, the Inverter countercharges in. I settle for running them up as far as I can, for which it is
    self evident will not be sufficient.

CoC 4: Spray Bunny is slightly blocking, so gets killed by the left Inverter. Cipher flairs Gorten with a scatter. Right Inverter goes in
    and kills him with ease (two tough checks short).

So much greed. I didn't need to go to 4 points, 3 would have been fine with the clock advantage I head, plus I can then probably
    swing Heavy attrition (though not infantry). Gorten just needed to back up and Molten Metal the right Inverter, that and his Gun plus
    spray Bunny probably takes out a relevant pair of systems if it doesn't kill.
    At the very least Acosta could have been on the right much earlier. Ragman is probably alright left on that side, but we'll never know.

This was the first game were the errata changes really hurt. Gorten fights Control casters by threatening them with throw + feat,
    the lack of it.....

Anyway, Thexus soon hopefully, need to practice the tricky blighter. Though I'm honestly dojoing mostly Minions at the moment.

Alright, need to get some underground gribbly prac on.
    Thexus1 - 3x Wreckers, 3x Wardens, Subduer, 2x freaky mond control dudes and chick assassins, 3x Monstrosity drug pushers
    Objective: Stockpile

Playing into some Smurfs, this time with one of their pew pew masters, this one coming with the special ability to duck and
    lose an appendage to angry Khadorans.
    Brisbane1 - 'Ol Rowdy, Defender, Junior + Charger, Jakes + Minuteman, min Stormlancers, MoreLadders, Piper, Gun Mage
    Captain ******, Arlen, Gibbs

Good old Take and Hold, as the double flag classic appears once more.
    Terrain wise we've got a pair of hills, a massive obstruction, a couple walls, a cloud and a forest. The most relevant terrain is
    the obstruction on one side, the wall placed next to one of the flags and the forest on the other side.

Trend setting wise, I lose the roll and get given first. The real surprise is I get the side with the Obstruction, an ideal spot to
    hide Thexus. The Forest would also have worked, though in a far more awkward spot due to killbox. Siege can feat away the
    walls, so those things are just deathtraps.

Round 1: I put up a line of Heavies and run them forward. Thexus is in middle to get to the obstruction (Turned around model
    wise in the Skorne tradition). It's double Warden double Wrecker one the left, one of all three on the right. Probably should have
    had the Subduer on the left for the slight increase in threat range, though in my favour is that Cygnar have gone extreme refused
    flank and essentially picked the wrong flank, as I can likely score on my own flag in future turns once Brisbane feats to kill 2 or 3 of
    my heavies.
    The Pony patrol are on the far left, Jacks and solos in or next to the forest, Defender is the right most model next to Rowdy.

Merc 2: I want to move Thexus to threaten scoring ont eh Cygnar turn, but not as much as I don't want to get Force Hammered,
    which I was deathly afraid of.
    Ergo, Thexus hugs the Obstruction and declares his undying comatose love.
    All the Monstrosities just advance up, ensuring they are the only Lightning targets as the solos and Kayazy spread out in the back.

Exciting times.

Cygnar 2: Crikey, this was four games ago, what the sod happened?
    Brisbane and heavies hang back, opts not to feat. The Charger/Defender and Ponies all do shots into the left Monstrosities, the cav
    needing to advance up a bit. I do some Hyper Aggresives forward.
    The Minuteman ends up charge in and finishing off the Hyper Aggresived Wrecker. Unfortunate, but coping the first casualty is an
    expectation of the list.

Merc 3: I've not been given anything, which is interesting. It forces Thexus to go to my flag to score, so he does that while
    the Monstrosity Party hangs around him. He could be Force Hammered by the Warden in front of him, but the static melee
    threats mean that with a couple camp I should live through that then can flick everything to Monstrosities.
    Offensively I'll kill Jakes, or if that fails the Minuteman while contesting the Swan flag and positioning to threaten the opposing
    heavies.
    I arc a TK to move a Storm Knight, which I then use as a Slam target for a Warden to knock him over Jakes and murder her.
    The Knight lives, I opt not to follow through as he'll cop a freestrike and might lose something, which in hindsight he probably
    just should have as Monstrosities are self fuelling to a degree.

Mercs go to 1 CP.

Cygnar 3: Brisbane goes to the flag and elects not to feat, everything then goes into killing the Monstrosities on the left.
    The Lancers polish off the Warden that killed Jackes, but all the remaining shots don't do especially well, leaving the most forward
    Warden without his Movement or Brain and leaving the left Monstrosity with all systems.

Mercs go to 2.

Merc 4: Well, Brisbane is kinda there. Agitator wonder up and Instigates, Thexus hovers forward, Feat pushes Rowdy away from
    the wall. Subduer moves up and shoots Rowdy to knock down Brisbane. Monstrosity on the left charges Brisbane and kills him
    with an attack to spare.

Well, sometime the cookie crumbles on a bazooka I guess.

Time for another round Pew, Bang and Zap, so swapped out for the shorties.

Gorten1 - 2x Driller, 2x Blaster, 2x Gunner, Wrongeye w/Snapjaw, Rorsh w/Brine, Tinker, Ragman, Aiyanna + Holt,
    2x Eliminators, Acosta

Brisbane1 - 'Ol Rowdy, Defender, Junior + Charger, Jakes + Minuteman, min Stormlancers, MoreLadders, Piper,
    Gun Mage Captain ******, Arlen, Gibbs

Same terrain/scenario, with the addition of an illegal cloud. Whoops.

In keeping with our ongoing track record, I lose the roll and get given first, same side as last game so I have a hill and
    an Obstruction to hide behind., plus an unreliable cloud in front of my flag (All clouds are unreliable, like customer
    service managed by an overseas call centre).

I put down Ninja Pig far left to threaten the swan flag, crocs and Eliminators in line with said scoring element to be reliable
    contesters (Go on Brisy, shoot down the Crocs somehow Submerged in the snow). Gorten and jacks go far right, ready to
    score on my flag when can.

Brisbane, Juniors and jacks go across from the Swan flag, this time the Storm Knights and Laddermore go on the right.
    Dammit, what's this learning thing people are doing? Monstrous.

Round 1: Stuff runs at each other. I run Acosta to the right, because Lightning Immunity is funny.
    I put up Solid ground and Strength of Granite on the more central Driller.
    Gibbs is also on the right hiding behind the wall next to the cloud. Siddekick goes on the Minuteman, Arcane Shield
    on.....the Charger I think? The memories, they do blur with the sleep deprivation. Ayep, sleep. Not the alcohol, that stuff is
    completely innocent.

Merc 2: Gorten hugs the Obstruction, no point putting him in the dangerous scoring position when Gibbs can so easily contest.
    The Gun Bunnies move up and with some luck shoot down a pair of Storm Lancers, it's nice to not verse Arcane Shielded versions.
    One Eliminator pair runs up to engage Rowdy, sticking in Solid Ground to stop any knock down shenanigans. Crocs Submerge
    and Star Crossed.
    Pigs move up on the left.

Cygnar 2: Brisbane decides it's time to just go for it.
    He goes to his flag and feats (Huh....where we meant to remove the walls and just didn't? Possibly, not super relevant anyway),
    the Bazooka and Charger shots easily kill Brine. Alas, their desire for Bacon led them to slaughtering an innocent Sentient monster.
    The Minuteman walks up, leaps, gets to Gorten. Even with feat it was low odds, sure enough I end up burning a couple focus and
    take roughly the same amount of damage. I really wonder how this game pans out if the Minuteman just kills Wrongeye, who I should
    not have Star Crossed with. That's some Submerge arrogance right there.
    Recovery mode time, Gibbs, the Storm Lancer and Laddermore all go in, they kill one Gun Boar and leave the other with just a few
    boxes of Movement.
    The Defender runs to try to block Siege.

Merc 3: I still believe in power attacks. Pplan is to try to kill Brisbane with Snapjaw, Eliminators and Rorsh. if that fails then
    Aiyanna/Holt/Wrongeye beat up the Minuteman, which is well out of control anyway, Drillers/Srpay Bunnies kill Ponies while Gorten
    camps and runs to score.

Start with Snapjaw Slamming the defender, easily hits, gets excellent distance to knock down Brisbane and the Charger. Rorsh walks up,
    pew pews, including his Dynomite (Reminds me of Dollarmites, Aussie reference to when the Banks got to our youth. Ah, the memories.)
    on the Charger to wing Siege with the blast. He does some sweet damage, so I charge in with the Red Eliminator (Well, one runs for the
    Gang bonus), swing with the single strike and get the win.

Gah, had Wrongeye died to the Minuteman this would have been a grind. A Green Eliminator lived to stop the score, so I'd clear the stuff
    around my flag, run to score then have to break the swans with my feat, which is certainly a workable plan.

Christopherson gets a focus pulled and fails the please-don't-explode-roll, so I get to Slam.

Pro: Slam games are sweet, need Thexus practice
    Con: If the dog hadn't barked in my ear I wouldn't have even gotten up, let alone jumped into pants and driven into the
    store with about 15 minutes to spare.

So you know, it'll be some Thexus applied poorly.

For the sake of completeness:
    Thexus1 - 7x Gribblies (3 Wreckers, 3 Wardens, Subduer), 3x Instigators, 2x Dominators with a pair of consenting
    slaves each
    Objective: Stockpile

It's Recon, which is sweet. It's into the local terror, Rob's Curse (Any Kingmaker list, though at least it isn't Haley3).

Damiano1 - 2x Nomad, Freebooter, Buccaneer, Kell, Stannis, Orin, Trenchers w/UA and 2x Grenadiers, 2x Steelhead Halberdiers,
    Min Riflemans, Min Boomhowlers (Ambushing)

I win the roll (aka not going into Lister, so I have a chance to do so). Nab first because Kingmaker is quick, which is annoying.

My side has a forest and water, centre line has a couple hills and a wall, one hill being in the zone the other two pieces hugging
    the flags. Far side has an obstruction and a forest.

MacBain is standing in for Damiano, Black Ogrun Boarding Party as Boomhowlers (Assume the medium based metal models you
    don't recognise are them and you'll be 100% accurate).

Thexus 1: Not liking how this match up looks, reason I essentially have to trade a Monstrosity to try to get the opposing Heavies
    up, pop them then slowly grind through the infantry. I dearly wished Surefoot still cost 3, as then randomly Hex Blasting it causes
    some real choices, but at 2 it's not a favourable play.
    Most of the Monstrosities go in the guts, with a couple flankers to get around the forest/water blockers. I throw up Decel and don't
    bother with early stabbing, as I expect the Monstrosities to take enough damage without me spiking some Eliminator rolls.
    Plus if this goes in my favour it'll probably be quite a long game, so burning clock early isn't a strong start.

Damiano1: A wall of infantry swarm forth like ants. The Surefooted Trenchers are on the right side, though there is some intermixing.
    Damiano hangs back with the Nomads, Riflemen and various solos, pops Road to War.

Thexus 2: It's the bait out the heavies turn, looking at the board I opt to throw up a Wrecker way up the board and put a Warden in
    the bottom of the zone. The Wrecker kills half a halberd unit because he might as well.
    I put a Warden up near the left flag, placed to avenge the suicide Wrecker. Other a Subduer and Wrecker hang near Thexus behind the
    Objective, while the late game back up Warden and Monstrosity arc out the left. Solos spread around, though one Agitator is way out in
    the open to make the Wrecker actually succeed in his Steelhead attacks (Cause MAT 5? MAT 5 is like Caine3 Spoilers[Calamitous]).

Damiano 2: SODDING AMBUSHING BOOMHOWLERS. I have failed past me, who used ambushing junk all the time. I was
    shived by both Trolls and despair.
    Damiano hangs way back, feats.
    The Boomhowlers charge in, kill an Agitator and pop the reserve Wrecker's Brain.
    Buccanneer aims, knocks down the Warden in the zone. I have the dreaded realisation of what habitually playing with
    Knock Down immunity has done to me as the Freebooter pops the Warden with not to much issue.
    The Nomads barrel up the zone, they kill my objective. At some point a shot damages the centre Wrecker, who is able to
    Aggressive forward and contest the zone.
    Stannis and Steelheads pop the suicide Wrecker.
    Orin runs to be in denial range of all the Kingmaker jacks.
    The Trenchers try to pop the left forward Agitator, but roll really badly on damage so he somehow lives (The direct shots
    pawn off to the forward most Warden).

Thexus 3: Well, this is bad. I need to get super lucky to have a chance now.

An Eliminator charges a Trencher amongst the jacks, if she lands an eight on an attack then she can kill him and sidestep,
    free a space for my Wrecker o swing on the opposing heavies, hopefully I roll like Berserk and take out the systems that matter.

The kayazy misses both attacks and I'm somewhat sunk, feat is countered, slamming is currently countered, Orin has enough
    charges to stop me TKing the opposing stuff.

The Monstrosities go in and have a go, they manage to pop one Nomad (The Subduer crippled the right arm, possible I should
    have left it at that and had the Wrecker attack the other stuff, but with the model presence on the board I wasn't optimistic
    about any of my chances at that point. A poor headspace to be in, but their it is).
    The Forward most Warden kills Stannis, which is nice. Cause sod that guy.
    A Warden hangs near Thexus so he at least doesn't get blatted (My Eliminator not sidestepping blocked a potential TK and charge
    into the Freebooter. Stupid low odd plans not working......*grumble* *Adds salt to haircut*).
    The other Wrecker tries to free himself of the Boomhowlers. He is an insult to his fellow kidnapped forced into servitude and body
    modification bro's, as he makes one tough and misses all the rest.

Damiano 3: Damiano hangs back and the various opposing models leave me with a pair of wardens and no attack vector on the
    warcaster, so I concede. I loathe doing so, just not as much as the prospect of taking my next turn.
    I guess a green Eliminator could try to kill Orin with a Sidestep attack (Would need an 8 on damage), TK the forward Warden to kill
    the Nomad, if Orin dies potentially kill the Freebooter with more TK's to get the other Warden in. Just last gasps, if those plans work
    then Boomis Cacaphony and run after Thexus, Steelhead CMA's kill one warden, other gets Assaulted and knocked down by the
    Buccanneer then kills with Rifleman shots and Trencher charges.

Think I'm content to call this matchup up poor. Curious to see how Drudges go (Do Bender explosions pop all the infantry?), but not
    enough to try it given I'm stuck in enthusiasm to get some Sturm and Drang down in a few weeks.

Sweet Slam funsies, per the sociological rules of life into our latest multi-game practice partner we go.

Thexus. Monstrosities. Assassin BFF couples. You know the gist.
    Stockpile Objective.

Into Tom Baker (classical personification, hailed by many as the best or top lot, terrible person off screen)
    Haley2 - Defender, Ironclad, Charger, Squire, Junior w/ Firefly, Jakes w/ Minuteman, Storm Lancers Max, Laddermore,
    Gun Mage Captain Adept

For reference, post Errata Haley1 is Sylvester McCoy (He just wasn't good OK).

Scenario is Extraction, vague statement here relating to one of the more excruciating sporting events in the world (the irony of
    enjoying Test Cricket is not lost on me).

One side has a forest/hill combo, centre of the board has a wall/fog arragnemt, far right has a fog of irrelevancy, other side then
    has a trench/forest deal plus a far back wall I didn't notice was there until Round 3 or so.

For something different, Firestarter wins the roll and gives me first. I think that's six games in a row or so that's happened? It's a gift.
    Swannies take the side with the Trench, seems fair. Makes the Telekinesis plans somewhat more difficult.

Round 1: My stuff goes around the forest, so has a centre/right side leaning due to compaction on the unpack. Thexus has to advance
    buttward, for he has enough pointy bits to mimic some Skorne tendencies.
    The Swans swing way left, as is the Emby way. Cav and the Firefly make up the left most stuff, haley and lights/solos pile into the trench
    with the Defender next door, Ironclad sits in front of the Swan objective.

Merc 2: No Thorn, so while I fear Telekinesis I at least don't have to cast Deflection and camp 3 to not die to an Arcane Bolt Assassination
    (My imaginary Kingdom for Orin or equivalent in Ceph. Strap an anti-Magic Ceph to a Monstrosity and call it a character, that'd do).
    I've got the High Ground, in an Obi-Wan style way rather than their being Elevation overly present on the table, so can start a favourable
    trade by popping the Ironclad and otherwise wait it out while scoring on the right.
    Thexus hides way up the back, TK's the Ironclad and puts up Deflection. An Agitator goes up and Instigates, Wrecker goes in and has no
    trouble smooshing the Ironclad.
    The other Monstrosities all hang safely out of Lancer charge range, they can shoot me if they like, just leads to focus generation and Hyper
    Aggresiving into threat range.
    I stupidly forget to activate the right most Warden, who was meant to run to be the scoring piece at the end of the round.
    Just embarrassingly dumb.
    The Cloud I put a Monstrosity behind goes away, which is what happens with gamble terrain.

Cygnar 2: Sure enough, Ponies move up and pew pew, I collect focus and do some moves, getting the left most Monstrosity into cover with
    that central wall. The Subduer then gets jumped by the Minuteman, who rolls underwhelmingly on his damage. Defender/Charger shoot the
    Wrecker that binned the ironclad, who Aggresives forward enough to get to the Swan Objective in my next turn.
    Haley naturally chills out in the Trench and feats, gets nearly everything.
    No score because I have rocks for brains. Zombie peril immunity comes at great cost.

Merc 3: It's the Haley turn and it's got all the Monstrosities bar the back warden, so it's chill out and attack what we can.
    Thexus stays way up the back, does a sweet heal roll and TK's the top Wrecker into melee range of the Swan Objective.
    Swan Objective easily splats, while Subduer and wall hugging Wrecker (Also moved with a TK) crunch the Minuteman.
    Otherwise Monstrosities shuffle around, two stay in Sac Pawn range of Thexus (Who I ensured was out of Haley TK range).

I go to 2 CP.

Cygnar 3: Top Wrecker gets shot, advances and engages the Trench crowd.
    Firefly and Jakes go to the left flag, Laddermore charges and finishes off the Subduer. Stormlancers then split up, top two
    finish off the engaging Wrecker, bottom three go into the wall hugging iteration of the same, leave him with six boxes and
    somehow all systems bar movement.

I fail to realise I score, so it goes 2 to 1. Whoops.

Merc 4: I've got a good assassination run on no camp Haley, if that fails it's score and murder stuff.

I TK the relevant Warden and Wrecker, Psycho Surgery and in a move shocking in it's originality, keep Thexus up the back
    toeing the killbox.

The scoring Agitator walks up and Instigates, to be replaced by his bro.
    Wrecker charges Haley for free as I've kept a Pony just within 10 of Thexus, lands the first hit to leave her on a handful of
    boxes, miss his next boosted initial and the extra attack.

Oh well, still looks good for me.
    Other Wrecker swings on the Lance trio in the Bottom, punches through Arcane Shield to top them without issue, because
    thresher is excellent.
    Back Wardens go, one Slams a top Pony and kills it, the other charges Laddermore, rolls bad on his to hits and only ends up
    Dismounting her.
    Last warden walks back on the hill to stay near Thexus.

I go up 3 to 1.

Cygnar 4: Everything goes into the top Wrecker hopong to free up the Defender for a couple Temporal shots, it doesn't work
    out so the Gun jack has to advance and easily pulp it. Gun Mage Captain Adept moves out, pops the scoring agitator to prevent
    the auto-win.
    Junior goes to the left flag, jakes stabs at one of the Wardens for a little bit.

Merc 5: Thinking I'm only at 3, it's score both flags to win time. Eliminators claim the right.
    Thexus TK's the back warden and Agitator out of Laddermore melee.
    Said Agitator mvoes up and Instigates, the Warden charges to the left flag and kills Junior, his bro kills Jakes. Game done.

Blargh, remembering scoring apparently hard. I wallow in my incompetence.

Saturday games without a tournament, what is this madness?

In a bid to not wallow in sadness as I am inexorably drawn to a conclusion I've already made intellectually but not emotionally,
    it's some two headed Pigcentaur action.

50 points, using a cut down version of a list I cribbed from Rydiafan that I mauled due to not having Lannyssa painted.

Sturm and Drang1 - 3x War Hog, Razor Boars, 2x Gremlins, Tinker, Sacral Vault

Sturm produce the following image from their youth or just me?

Basically it's a bunch of Shield Guards with some anti-magic, Gremlins to contest and TK.
    In theory Drang is also their, but the lock being essentially designed in a less than ideal way means that he rarely pops out
    (like, Drang is here because the game is already decided? Or I've buggered it up and desperately need this Warhog to charge
    over a wall?).

Our resident Harbinger of Enthusiasm has switched to some religious lunatics for a change of pace.

Severius2 - Reckoner, Vanquisher, ****ty light with a spray attack, Choir, Rhoven, Errants, 2x Vassal Empower dudes

Sevvy being proxied by Kreoss1. Cause.

Entrenched, so pair of horizontal zones with an objective in each. I kinda miss Process of Elimination, though I'm not sure if it was
    because it was good or if it was just that the same packet had Fire Support and it meant we weren't playing that.

Some rubble smack dab in the centre, couple forests in front of each zone, one side gets a hill, the other water and a trench.
    Yep, that's a rubbish descriptor, that's what pictures are for.

Round 1: I continue my "lose the roll and get given first" deal, because that's how Emberson and me go about these things.
    My stuff runs up, Vault rolls an amazing 1 focus (woot). Ain't no Dragon on that Ivory Tower.
    I should point out that I've been watching Tripod Vs The Dragon on loop for about a week, so if you don't get any reference from
    her on it's probably that.
    Two Warhogs go left, one gets Polarity Shield, Sturm and the Visioned Warhog go right. Gremlin swarms either flank. Bravest Tinker
    goes to position of bravery.

The Goddites, for their Dawn of Time moves deploy super hard left, avoiding the large forest but giving me a pretty simple
    scenario plan. Errants form a line way up front, Sevvy activated a bit late so puts his Def Buff/anti magic upkeep on Rhoven instead
    of the Errants. Jacks all bro out on the hill.

Minions 2: So Sevvy's feat can target three models in my list. Which is still 30% of my list.
    Anyway, push Scenario and lols about.
    Vault totters into collection range, shoots the Errants. Manages to cap one, though the bouncing RFP deal means no souls for me.
    Sadness.
    Drang toes my zone, TK's the Vault back, casts Deflection. Visioned Warhog and one Rabo go into the right zone for Shield Guard
    and threaten whatever comes up the board.
    Pair of Warhogs go up on the left, one is Polarity Shielded, so either they get shot for not much or one of them gets charged while
    the other lols.
    One Gremlin runs back but stays in runs and contest range of the zone, the other does the same but goes up on the right side of
    forest of doom.
    Tinker stays super brave.

Menoth 2: Errants up to charge/run, three of them go into the left most Warhog and poke out his brain. Rhoven and Party run up
    behind the Errant line.
    The Jacks move up somewhat, do shots into things that get Guarded to RaBo's. These Lesser Shield Guards are hilarious, well worth
    three copper pieces.
    Sevvy stays up the back, not buying the Hex Blast bait of the Positive Charge Warhog. He also feats on the top right Gremlin swarm,
    boosts the damage, rolls trip ones so the Gremlins live! Number 3 of the series can now be made! (I'd watch it, but would almost
    certainly regret it. Just me or did the sequel get a lot more viewing than the first in the series?).

Nothing contests me, so I go to 1 point.

Minions 3: So, no Hex Blast meant no Arcane Vortex and thus the Vault still has just one soul. Dangit.
    Anyway, the Vision War Hog is in charge range of the Reckoner, just have to TK the flamer light out of the way.
    Sturm goes, TK's the Light away, TK's the miracle Gremlins across, walks backward and heals a box of Mind on the damaged
    Hog.
    Bounce to the left then, Warhogs go into Errants and madly squeal and swing, leave on alive and manage to gain a few souls
    for the vault.
    Vault moves up, shoots the Reckoner. roll max shots, land every hit, boost the damage rolls and chew out most of a couple
    columns.
    Gremlin goes into the Reckoner, strips out his Movement.
    I'd intended to charge the WarHog in, then finally woke up to Sturm having no camp, deflection and one Shield Guard, so
    instead he Riled and moves to block Line of Sight.
    Coward Gremlin runs up to mimic the hero iteration next round.
    Tinker stays brave.

I go to 2 points.

Menoth 3: Vassals kill the hero Gremlins. They will be as Beowulf to their kind (Forgotten in popular Gremlin Culture until a
    ****ty movie is made about them).
    Errant charges the injured War Hog, pokes out his Mind again. Dangit, I only just bogged that back together.
    Rhoven and co charge said Hog, after some appalling damage rolls the Hog lives with no other systems out.
    Sevvy, Vanquisher and flamey jack go into the Menoth zone, Vanquicher kills a Rabo off a Shield Guard.
    Reckoner goes to run into my zone, but the Beowuld Gremlins stopped that nonsense my giving him Athletes foot so he instead
    moves up and does a shot that kill the second poor Rabo.

Third point chalks up.

Minions 4: Sturm walks across, TK's the left War Hog out of combat, TK's himselfs back into the zone.
    Warhog goes into the objective and kills it, that's game.

New mission: Indoctrinate Emberman into playing Scenario per the Basketballer experience of a few years ago.

Forewarning: This one'll be super quick and lame, because sometimes we must embarrass ourselves.

Into the herder of rules and lambs (I'm the innocent lamb in this instance, the one that broke his leg when the family asked
    what was for dinner that night).

75 points or bust this time around, so threw in some proxies to get this junk heap going:

Sturm and Drang1 - 3x War Hog, Razor Boars, 2x Gremlins, 2x Tinker, 2x Sacral Vault, Targ

It's the arrival of the Hamsters:
    Ossrum1 (Hammerstrike Theme) - 3x Driller, Rockram, 2x Gunner, Blaster, Forge Guard, 2x Artilery, Siege Crawler
    Objective: Armory (oh yeah, there are more objectives)

Remember the Hamster Dance? It was awful. When Ringtones became hits.

Recon, terrain from last game slightly shuffled for the forests to be more relevant, irritating Rubble still in the centre.

Round 1: I win the roll, pick first, run stuff up, upkeeps out on War Hogs, Decel up.

Dwarf Heavies trundle up, Forge Guard behind. Snipe on Crawler, Fire for Effect on Artillery piece.
    Couple ranging shots go out, don't achieve much. Except one Artillery shot that does 12 damage to a War Hog. Eww.

Minion 2: Those are Dwarf heavies, the sod are they doing already toeing the zone?
    One round in, sold that the theme force is exactly the same as Ossrum, being two qualities. Powerful and Boring. By god I
    wish one of those would change.

Anyway, I have to give up *something* to try to pull out the feat. I run the Gremlin swarms into the jack line to try to give
    something to think about, move a War Hog into the zone as a snackrifice, put Polarity Shielded War Hog behind him. Vaults
    move up, burn their souls boosting damage rolls on the Rockram taking out one arm and the movement.

Sturm TK's the left Vault back, in theory out of threat range (13 on the Drillers with feat/Energiser). Put up Deflection.
    Don't feat, theorising I'll need that to have a hope of a War Hog surviving when I commit two of them next turn.

Merc 2: Ossrum feats, punches down a Gremlin, Energisers everything.
    Blaster gets magic from the objective, sprays down the other swarm.
    I'd make several blunders alas. Artillery and Crawler do shots that hurt the big Hogs a little ont he right snack off half the
    health of the vault. Forgeguard charge and kill the suicide Hog, a Driller charges my Objective in order to get in on the Polarity
    Shielded Piggy and smack him down. Sadness.
    In shooting the Rockram on an angle, a Driller without extra focus goes in on the left vault and puts it on 9 boxes.

Mercs go to 3 CP.

Minion 3: I've lost to much to do much. I Drang and Crit Fish for giggles, get nothing, concede.

Blergh. miserable performance. I'd like to blame bad matchup, poor models, inferior skill level and other stuff but ultimately I just
    played liked rubbish.

Torn on what I want out of the game at the moment. Too Suss to stick with Mercs after Cancon, want powerful stuff that other
    people don't play because I'm lame. Throwing down some Haley3 becoming more of an option, though I know I'll need another
    thrashing or two Sturm and Drang wise, because I have issues.

Ah, who am I kidding. Weird insect grymkin whatsit blokes ahoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12