Default Bloodstone desert forests?

So I've put quite a bit of terrain together for a Bloodstone Desert table, but I've been avoiding forests because I just don't know what they'd be. However, since at this point I've made everything else possible for the board, I'd like to try.

I'm thinking a bunch of dead trees could work, but I don't even know if those would exist in the Bloodstone Desert. My other idea is maybe geysers blasting up steam (should be very easy to make removable ones), or little tar pit craters that are smoking.

Has anyone done forests that are desert themed?
    Currently trying in MK3: Skorne. I am home.
    My Armies: Dino-Skorne, Cygnar Seaguard

The old d20 Monsternomicon included a type of deadly (needle-shooting) cactus native to the Bloodstone desert. Hence, I'm thinking something like (American) desert Southwest-style scrub/Joshua tree/mesquite/cactus patches would be appropriate.
    Last edited by Adeptus-B; 11-26-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    I know violence isn't the answer-
    I got it wrong on purpose!

Destroyer of Worlds Grey Templar's Avatar
    Umbrey, wracking Heretics while Vlad's not looking

Yup, look up American southwest deserts. Plenty of nasty plants to make forests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesoe View Post
    I have touched this man's Durst. I can tell you it is legit.
    The Protectorate's Official Cheer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyalas View Post
    Make 'em run! Make 'em burn!
    Make 'em wracks until they learn!
    Proooooo-tectorate!

Either an ephemeral oasis - an oasis between rains with just a little gloss paint in the middle to show that it's damp, but not shallow water with these trees and a little lichen scrub:

Or just use cactus:

Or you can get fancy and make some joshua trees:
    Last edited by Rob Martin; 12-09-2016 at 11:21 AM.

@Rob Martin thank so much! Honestly I think joshua trees would be the best fit. I just have such a hard time imagining Skorne walking amongst cacti, the bloodstone wastes seem more alien than that, and joshua trees would fit right in.

Trunks would be easy enough to make, and then I could just place tufts at the end of the branches. Awesome, time to try this out, thanks again!
    Currently trying in MK3: Skorne. I am home.
    My Armies: Dino-Skorne, Cygnar Seaguard

Quote Originally Posted by cavebaby View Post
    @Rob Martin thank so much! Honestly I think joshua trees would be the best fit. I just have such a hard time imagining Skorne walking amongst cacti, the bloodstone wastes seem more alien than that, and joshua trees would fit right in.

Trunks would be easy enough to make, and then I could just place tufts at the end of the branches. Awesome, time to try this out, thanks again!
    They've never depicted or described the Bloodstone Deserts or Marches as being "alien" in any way. I'd imagine that the deserts of Eastern Immoren, on the opposite side of the Abyss would be though.

By the way, I went back and re-read the BS Desert section of the IK Unleashed RPG book and it describes the dominant flora as being cacti, needle grass, and acacia trees:
    Last edited by Rob Martin; 12-12-2016 at 09:18 AM.