Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Conqueror

Default IKRPG/Unleashed Character Generators and Excel Files

Hi All,

So I have updated the IKRPG character sheet originally started by Ski and then taken over by Halen. I've fixed a few issues and added in a bunch of new features and validations, including IK Unleashed. I have also added a sheet to make Battle NPCs which will eventually make it's way into its own workbook. I have plans to add in a lot more features and more of the content released in NQ and books as well as updating the other sheets people have put together and consolidating. I plan on starting serious work on the updates in the next week or so.

*EDIT* - GM Resource Sheet is now its own workbook. It has an encounter analysis tool to review battle NPCs vs. PCs and highlight any potential problem match ups. If you think of additional useful analysis, I can look at adding that in as well. I'm brand new to VBA, so if you see issues with the macros, please let me know and I will repair the inevitable problems.

Also, Legion of Everblight characters and Skorne Empire characters have been added to the Character Generator. At this time, it looks to be mostly complete and I don't have plans for any updates in the immediate future. Next step will be to get Warjacks updated through KNG and exportable to the encounter planner. After that will be Monsternomicon with an eye towards putting together something that will work for warbeasts.

A dropbox link to the Character Generator:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gu90fox6j2...1-17.xlsm?dl=0

A dropbox link to the GM Resource Sheet:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgwahh07o3...3-17.xlsm?dl=0

**EDIT** Steamjack sheet is up! Also a dropbox link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdbaopzrq3...6-17.xlsm?dl=0

I hope people find the changes useful. If you find any suggestions, broken formulas or any other issues, please feel free to PM me.

Q
    Last edited by Quaesitor; 01-11-2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Updated links to most recent version of the file.

I have an item drop table and battle npc generator that I can share later. I would post it right now but it has SO MUCH information directly from the book that it's best to keep it for personal use.

But I can empty out the item table and others can fill it in from their own books or their own home brew.

One suggestion I have for yours is that the battle npcs should have a way to auto-generate a max hero or max veteran npc and it should also have an informational bar where you're able to enter the defensive and offensive stats of the party and you use conditional formatting to make a stat red if it has less than a certain chance to hit any party members and maybe yellow if there's at least one party member it has a low probability of damaging and whatnot. I did that on mine and it helped spot problems quickly.

My item drop table generates a set of items based on two levels of rarity: raw rarity multiplied by a region modifier. The user enters in advance on the options sheet the ratio of regional influence. So if you are playing in Caspia, you would weight Cygnar 50 percent, protectorate 30 and everyone else sharing the last 20 points, with cyriss, skorne, orgoth, etc being tiny fractions of a single point.

Then when it runs the table, it generates a random number for each item and consists a table with dynamically generated number ranges for each item based on raw rarity multiplied by the region ratio.

Then for each item it rolls a second number on an additional table to determine if it's mechanika and what kind, then a third number to determine quality, which is a set of conditions I invented for different item types. Guns can be rusty, jacks can be missing parts, etc.

Then it pulls the prices for each item and modifies them according to rarity, since I generally use this to make store inventories more than treasure chests.

End result is that a pristine conquest with an imprinted cortex that counts as having the mighty archrtype can show up on the table in the middle of Caspia with a 1/5,000,000 chance, but the lower the chance was the higher the price. Under these conditions it would be more than a million gold.

Then naturally I look at it and veto anything I need to veto.

It also has a rarity skew function. If the shop in question is a high end store, you can skew the rarity by any percentage you want, which removes the bottom x% of the rarity table from the running. So a high end shop just cannot carry anything more common than whatever you chose, but the items above that still appear with the same internal ratio amongst themselves.
    Last edited by RentedTritium; 12-08-2016 at 06:29 AM.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by RentedTritium View Post
    I have an item drop table and battle npc generator that I can share later. I would post it right now but it has SO MUCH information directly from the book that it's best to keep it for personal use.
    One thing to keep in mind is that the goal of these tools isn't to replace the products that PP is putting out, but to supplement them and add value. Tools like this make it easier for players and GMs to participate in games and reduce barriers to entry. So unless you're hoping to profit from releasing the things you've put together, they should not have too much of a problem. If they do, it's always easy to make fixes so the tools aren't problematic. You can send it directly to me and I'd be happy to incorporate it with the sheets I've already put together.

Quote Originally Posted by RentedTritium View Post
    One suggestion I have for yours is that the battle npcs should have a way to auto-generate a max hero or max veteran npc and it should also have an informational bar where you're able to enter the defensive and offensive stats of the party and you use conditional formatting to make a stat red if it has less than a certain chance to hit any party members and maybe yellow if there's at least one party member it has a low probability of damaging and whatnot. I did that on mine and it helped spot problems quickly.
    I think this is an amazing idea. I will absolutely add this in. It sounds like a good tool for an initiative tracker tool. Instead of just having a battle NPC workbook, it can be a GMs workbook incorporating most of these tools.

Also, your item drop table sounds very impressive. I'd love to look at it even if you decide against releasing it or incorporating it into the existing sheets.
    Last edited by Quaesitor; 12-08-2016 at 12:05 PM.

I'll send you a link. I'm working on a cleaned up public version with better documentation and notes at the very least. It's designed to be as futureproof as possible, so you have to do a LOT of work any time you modify it, but then when you add stuff from new books or even entirely new types of weapons, it should just work out of the box.

Says not found when downloaded on mobile drive.
    "If at first you don't succeed, label it version 1.0."

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz View Post
    Says not found when downloaded on mobile drive.
    Thanks for the feedback. What device (Android/iOS) are you using?

Android Galaxy s6. I checked to see if it showed up in my drive anyways since i was able to download it but not view it, but it's not showing up there either.
    "If at first you don't succeed, label it version 1.0."

Conqueror

I've added a Dropbox link to the file in the original post. I will maintain both as long as I'm working on the files.

Looks good. But it still has the bug on the C2 page where abilities get the wrong description.
    Sometimes you would need to set the area search to true, sometimes to false. You either get #NV errors for any abilities like "Specialization(XY)" or wrong descriptions for multi word abilities like "hit the deck!" or "Weather Vane", depending on the existence of other similar worded abilities (the error applies to my examples so you can check it with them)

Conqueror

Great! Thank you for the feedback! I'll get it cleaned up later today.

Conqueror

Download the version I posted last night. It has the vlookup fixed so abilities should work correctly. Thanks again!

Conqueror

Links for files have been updated to include the Ironhead career from NQ # 52 and damage boxes for Cyriss Vessels. Legion next!
    Last edited by Quaesitor; 12-13-2016 at 08:20 PM.

I got inspired and started work adding random mechanika generation to my sheet. I'm doing it the long way so that magic and orgoth curses can be generated from the same table.

I think I've moved on from just rolling a list of weapons and more into procedurally generating a store inventory down to the condition of the items.

Conqueror

That sounds like a great idea. I was thinking along the same lines, but I haven't had an opportunity yet to dig too deep into the file that you sent.

Destroyer of Worlds Stormpuppy_Infantry's Avatar

CharGen sheet's cell L22 made an error if you choose Human (I), for it only accepts 'Human' and 'Human (U)'.

Also, other than basic Warcaster career in Core book starts with ARC 3.

Four selections of Instruction sheet are protected. Can you remove the protection for these four selection cells?
    Last edited by Stormpuppy_Infantry; 12-29-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    You create your own destiny, and your lot in life is not fixed at birth.
    Truth is truth, regardless how bitter it is.
    Anti armor ranged damage per point cost for Haley1
    Stormblade Infantry, fragile but versatile infantry.
    Clockwork Oracle, Warmachine&Hordes probability calculator for Android.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Stormpuppy_Infantry View Post
    CharGen sheet's cell L22 made an error if you choose Human (I), for it only accepts 'Human' and 'Human (U)'.

Also, other than basic Warcaster career in Core book starts with ARC 3.

Four selections of Instruction sheet are protected. Can you remove the protection for these four selection cells?
    Thanks for taking a look at the spreadsheet. I will get the first two items fixed. There's no password on the sheet protection, so you can turn off the protection at will. The options that are protected on the instructions tab haven't been implemented yet. They're further down my priority list at the moment - warjacks, warbeasts, and monsternomicon are my next focus. I should have a new version with updates, a completed GM encounter planner, Legion, and Skorne Empire up later today or tomorrow.

Did someone at any point developed an encounter level calculator?!

With so many monsters plus templates that would be quite handy...

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by OnslaughtDom View Post
    Did someone at any point developed an encounter level calculator?!

With so many monsters plus templates that would be quite handy...
    The tool that I am building checks for mechanical issues in combat. It will flag if you have an NPC that none of your players has a decent chance of hitting/harming or vice versa. I was planning on putting together a Monsternomicon sheet to use in the encounter planner and to make it easy to build template monsters. I can build an encounter level calculator into the GM sheet or the Monsternomicon sheet. It shouldn't be nearly as difficult as the encounter tool I'm working on currently.

Conqueror

GM Resource Sheet is up, Legion of Everblight and Skorne Empire added to Character Generator.

Do you have any idea that Additional Abilities(on Advanced sheet) have no list at all? The lists on B191~201 have no items, it prevents to write any abilities and just says that it is not valid, whatever the ability is a career ability or not.

Also, can you make an option that able to replace any ability/skills rather than only accepts the other class ability/skill on CharGen sheet? Even if I enabled replace a starting something I can only choose it among the career.

Conqueror

Stormpuppy, thanks for taking the time to look at the sheet. I really appreciate it! What careers are you selecting that are causing the additional abilities drop down menus to not populate? Or can you send me a copy of the workbook?

Regarding alternate career abilities/skills, I can probably bodge something together that could work, but it would be on the player to check for prereqs. In order to fully implement those features, I'd need to add in prerequisites for abilities and way to validate them. Since this would also include checking for abilities as characters level, it would be a pretty major undertaking. I plan on eventually getting there, but I don't have a clear idea of how long it will take before I will have something workable. If you're looking for a solution in the short term and want to reflect the abilities on your sheet, there is a workaround: on the data tab, you can modify the class' starting abilities for the class in question. If you save the new workbook under a different name, you'll always have the original abilities available for use later, or you can re-download.

Hope this helps.

Also - Steamjack sheet is now up.

Quaesitor, first let me thank you for these great tools. I can clearly see that many hours of work must have gone into them.
    I distributed the generator to my players and also started to use it to keep track of their characters to always be prepared for what they are able to do. I just love all the things working automatically so I don't have to look things up so much.

I found some bugs when I last used the character generator (that was the 12-13-16 version of the file). Sorry for not posting immediately but something wasn't working with my account. It's possible that you fixed those issues in the meantime (I checked for some but not for all). It's also possible that some of these points are issues on my side, as I use open office instead of microsoft products and some formulas have a slightly different syntax there. So if you can't reproduce some of my issues, that's propably the reason.

- Occupational skills downwards from "Investigation" (still) have wrong attributes assigned to them (Lock Picking has "INT" for example). Looks like you missed a line while importing them, because the right attribute is always one line above the skill

- Explorer starting military skills : missing commas in the data table between the skills to choose from led to the dropdown menu having one option saying "Archery 1 Hand Weapon 1 Pistol 1" in one line. Cell AD111 in "Data" needed to be adjusted in the 12-13-16 version. In the 01-03-17 file the error still exists, here you need to fix cell AD127 of "Data".

- One of my characters is a Rifleman/Bounty Hunter who should be allowed to take "Craft:Gunsmithing". Giving 1 advancement to "craft" and typing "Gunsmithing" in the green box in the same row doesn't work though, it still says "exceeds max." behind the skill. I couldn't figure out how to make the alert go away. It puts one level in "craft" on the character sheet anyway, so it's a minor thing for the moment, but it doesn't make it say "craft:Gunsmithing", so I'd need to adjust it by hand for characters with multiple crafting skills. This might very well be an issue with different syntax in open office, but maybe you could check if you can reproduce the error.

- "Fast Draw" doesn't increase Initiative by 2 like it should. I can always just use the "misc" box to modify this manually, but if it's possible to automate this, it would come in handy.

- Equipment that I type in at the "Advanced" sheet doesn't show in the equipment portion of the character sheet. I fixed it in my own copy back in december by changing the number in cell CF6 of the "C2" sheet from 359 to 398 (which is the proper row number for the first equipment cell of the "Advanced" sheet).

- Is there a way to show bonuses from things like "thieves tools" (+1 on lock picking and pickpocket) directly in the skills portion of the character sheet ? I just know my thief player will constantly forget about it otherwise.

- It would be great if you could enter multiple amounts of money in different currencies. For most people it might not be a thing though. My group just looted protectorate coins from some Idrians, and since those are made from ceramics instead of gold, I had them keep them seperate.

That's all I can think of right now. I had to decrease most font sizes for open office to make them fit inside their cells, but that's not really your concern.
    Last edited by Oppi; 01-08-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Conqueror

Hi Oppi! Thank you for the very detailed notes. I'm working on getting these issues resolved. I will probably have it up tomorrow.

-Occupational skill attributes are corrected.
    -Explorer is fixed.
    -Fixed the error causing your Rifleman/Bounty Hunter issue, but doing more testing to make sure that everything is working correctly.
    -Fast Draw adds +2 to your initiative roll, which is sort of distinct from from increasing the stat. The Nyss +1 to perception skill rolls falls into this same sort of grey area. I don't know if there's an instance of rules interactions where automatically adding this bonus in will cause an issue. If there isn't an issue, it should be pretty quick to add. Going to research this.
    -Fixed the equipment issue. Adding in the Ironhead Armor creator changed the references used on the character sheet.
    -Added in a miscellaneous bonus column on the advanced tab for occupational skills to track things like thieves tools and also on the character sheet. Cleaning up the formatting for that right now.
    -The gold field is actually formatted for general values, so you can enter whatever you like into that field, for example: "100 metal coins, 100 ceramic coins." The version you're using is formatted to display a single large value, but I have fixed that going forward.

Hope this helps to address some of the issues you discovered. Thanks again for the feedback!

Hey, that was quick. Thanks again for the great work

Conqueror

Not a problem. New character file is up. I think (fingers crossed) everything should be working now. Thanks again for the thorough review!

The ability choice(B191~201 on Advance) still not working. Is it because I am using Excel 2010? How did you make something on there? Did you apply a macro that calculate possible abilities?

Conqueror

Hi Stormpuppy, sorry that you're still having issues. It shouldn't be because you're using Excel 2010. The calculations are done by hidden cells to the right of the cells B191-B201. You can unprotect and unhide the cells. I also PMed you my e-mail so you can e-mail me a copy of the sheet you're using and I can take a look at it.

Something broke. In the new file the lists for adding abilities don't work for me either. All the dropdown menus just contain one option : "#NAME?"
    I even downloaded it twice to make sure nothing went wrong "on the way".

It works fine in the older files I previously used though.

Conqueror

Hi Oppi, I still can't seem to reproduce this. Can you send me a copy of the workbook you're using?

Well, I am not experienced at editing Excel, but it seems that data validation part and the destination will makes a problem.

These additional abilities cells have data validation that points '=INDIRECT($CQ$172)' but does the cell CQ172 works well? Isn't it requires a macro or how to made it? For me, when I edited a blank cell to be redirecte CQ172, it makes #name error.
    Last edited by Stormpuppy_Infantry; 01-10-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Conqueror

CQ172 generates the cell range that the additional abilities validation uses to generate a list of abilities. This was to allow for the creation of blighted characters. The first part of the formula sets the starting point at either CL171 or CL184. I think it may be the CONCAT function, it looks like that function may not be backwards compatible. Try changing the formula to: =IF(CQ171="YES",CELL("address",CL171),CELL("addres s",CL184))&":"&CONCATENATE(CR184:CR268). If that works, I can update the master file and release the fix.

Open Office indeed didn't know what to do with "concat".

Quote Originally Posted by Quaesitor View Post
    Try changing the formula to: =IF(CQ171="YES",CELL("address",CL171),CELL("addres s",CL184))&":"&CONCATENATE(CR184:CR268). If that works, I can update the master file and release the fix.
    The Concatenate part still seems to be a problem for me. At least in open office it returns "#VALUE!" if there are empty cells in a range of cells specified as (first cell:last cell).
    Even if there aren't empty cells, it only seems to do what it's supposed to do if the cells are listed like (CR184;CR185;CR186;....) and so on, not if a range of cells is specified like (CR184:CR268). In this case it only returns the content of one of the cells within the range. I have no idea if that's working as intended or a bug in open office. Most likely the latter.

As a workaround I listed every cell between CR184 and CR268 manually in the last function and now it works and it at least seems to compile the list of abilities like it should.

So in my sheet the function in CQ172 now reads :

=IF(CQ171="YES",CELL("address",CL171),CELL("addres s",CL184))&":"&CONCATENATE(CR184;CR185;CR186;CR187 ;CR188;CR189;CR190;CR191;CR192;CR193;CR194;CR195;C R196;CR197;CR198;CR199;CR200;CR201;CR202;CR203;CR2 04;CR205;CR206;CR207;CR208;CR209;CR210;CR211;CR212 ;CR213;CR214;CR215;CR216;CR217;CR218;CR219;CR220;C R221;CR222;CR223;CR224;CR225;CR226;CR227;CR228;CR2 29;CR230;CR231;CR232;CR233;CR234;CR235;CR236;CR237 ;CR238;CR239;CR240;CR241;CR242;CR243;CR244;CR245;C R246;CR247;CR248;CR249;CR250;CR251;CR252;CR253;CR2 54;CR255;CR256;CR257;CR258;CR259;CR260;CR261;CR262 ;CR263;CR264;CR265;CR266;CR267;CR268)
    Although I think in MS Excel the semicolons might need to be commas. It will most likely work just fine with the (CR184:CR268) range in MS Excel though.

btw: The "craft(something)" thing now works for the first of the "craft" cells, but not for it's lowly brethren Maybe you forgot to apply the fix to all of them ?
    Last edited by Oppi; 01-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Conqueror

You are correct. Concatenate doesn't accept a range of cells as a parameter for the function. So you have to add the cells individually. I found a VBA function that will emulate the CONCAT function I was using before, but I don't want functionality of the character creator to require VBA. I've made the changes you recommended Oppi - I now list all the cells that I'm looking for values in. I'll put the update out in the morning after I've had a chance to look at it again. Just in case there's a more elegant solution available. Stormpuppy_Infantry, sorry that this issue has been going on for so long. Thank you for your patience!

I think I have solution that will work for the craft issue, but I want to take a look at it once I've had coffee and sleep. Make sure I don't end up wasting more of your time. That said, thanks for your persistence on this issue Oppi! Hopefully this next update will be the last time this particular shadow darkens your door.

Also, I went through the books that I have available (which is most) and I wasn't able to locate an instance of equipment providing a persistent initiative modifier outside of Custom Battle Armor. Since this is a penalty, I am operating under the assumption that characters suffering the penalty would only do so on a temporary basis. I've switched the Initiative Equipment field to Abilities and set it to add +2 if the character has fast draw. As far as I can tell, there aren't any other abilities that add to initiative.

Awesome!

Will download it and have a thorough look at it as soon as possible!

cheers

Thanks for working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Quaesitor View Post
    I think I have solution that will work for the craft issue, but I want to take a look at it once I've had coffee and sleep. Make sure I don't end up wasting more of your time. That said, thanks for your persistence on this issue Oppi! Hopefully this next update will be the last time this particular shadow darkens your door.

Don't mention it. The way I see it, you are saving me a heck of a lot more time by providing this thing than it is costing me to help you "beta test" it

Conqueror

New version of the character generator is up!

Thanks, Quaesitor! Now it works! Thanks for the long and hard work.

Ah, I found a minor error on the data; Lance, Electro uses Great Weapon skill despite its name, not Lance skill(it is on KNG p. 92). It is only a minor problem so it will be not so important I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast