Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    Combatant Oppi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks a lot. Increasing and picking craft skills seems to work like it should now, abilities as well.

    I sadly found another minor bug. Please don't hate me
    - The cells for the "misc bonus" to skills (occupational as well as military) and the "misc bonus notes" are protected even though they are supposed to be edited by the user.

  2. #42
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Thanks Stormpuppy and Oppi for catching those errors. I really appreciate it. Electro Lance has been updated and corrected and cells should be unlocked.

  3. #43
    Combatant Oppi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    22

    Default

    And yet another one

    "Skill advancements used" (occupational skills) doesn't count advancements in Tracking. The sum stops one row too early.

  4. #44
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Great catch! Current version should have that fixed.

  5. #45
    Combatant Oppi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    22

    Default

    This needs to stay on page 1. How 'fortunate', that I just found another bug

    The check to see if a certain race may take a certain career doesn't work in all cases.
    I tried to generate an Ogrun (not unleashed), and in many cases I get the "An Ogrun may not take X as a career option" alert even though he should be allowed to take the career. Checking the various formulas involved I found that cell BC41 is the reason. "Search" finds the substring "Ogrun" in the list of restricted careers, even though only the "Ogrun (U)" and the "Blighted Ogrun" are restricted from taking for example the Man-at-Arms career.

    If I find an easy fix, I'll edit it in here.

    EDIT: I fixed it in my sheet by adding an "AND" function to the second "IF" function in BC42. The cell now reads :

    =IF(OR(BC41="";BC41=0);"";IF(AND(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($ G$8;BC41));EXACT($G$8&" (U)";MID(BC41;SEARCH($G$8;BC41);LEN($G$8)+4))=0;EX ACT("Blighted "&$G$8;MID(BC41;SEARCH($G$8;BC41)-9;LEN($G$8)+9))=0;EXACT("Swamp "&$G$8;MID(BC41;SEARCH($G$8;BC41)-6;LEN($G$8)+6))=0);MID(BC41;SEARCH($G$8;BC41);LEN( $G$8));""))
    Hope I didn't forget to translate any german function names

    The "AND" function now checks if the chosen RACE string is part of the list of restricted races and if the string found is not actually a part of the larger string "RACE (U)", "Blighted RACE" or "Swamp RACE" (to prevent the collisions of Swamp Gobber/Gobber, Ogrun/Blighted Ogrun and Everything/Everything (U)). It only seems to work right if the "vanilla race" (meaning for example "Ogrun" without "Blighted" or "(U)" ) is first in the list of restricted races for each career. I haven't checked if this is true for all careers in the Data Sheet yet.

    My excel skills are a bit crude, but feel free to use this fix if you can't find something more elegant.


    Minor things I found :
    - The Pugilist's (and it's two variant's) starting occupational skills have a glitch. They say "Detection1" instead of "Detection 1", causing an error with the calculation of the Detection skill.
    - There is only a general "Specialization" ability, but the ability dropbox lets you choose "Specialization (specific weapon)", so the ability description doesn't work.
    Last edited by Oppi; 01-18-2017 at 06:22 AM.

  6. #46
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    261

    Default

    I hadn't thought about the false positives the search function would generate (Ogrun/Blight Ogrun, Gobber/Swamp Gobber). I think it might be faster to fix this on the data sheet. I will take a look at it this evening. I'll get the other errors resolved as well.

    Specialization and a number of other abilities limit their benefits to a single defined weapon/mount/etc... and I'm planning on an overhaul of the abilities to allow players to define these values and have the system correctly pick them up and put them onto the character sheet. It's going to take a fair bit of time though, so I wanted to finish the Monsternomicon sheet first.

    For the Monsternomicon sheet, I have the core book in and now I'm working on building a creator tool to select options and templates. After that, I am planning on building a macro to create a character sheet. Ideally, this will allow me to custom format the character sheet for each monster and incorporate multiple health bars on the same sheet. There's just a huge variety of abilities for monsters and it would involve a tremendous amount of wasted space to accommodate the edge cases when most creatures only have a bare handful of abilities. So we'll see how that goes.

  7. #47
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    261

    Default

    I updated the files with bug fixes for the issues Oppi found. It was about 15 minutes worth of work to get those issues fixed so I didn't change versions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •