Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our forces book

Conqueror

Default Our forces book

So what to expect? 2 new warcaster ( one is elara2) one new warjack ( hemera) two theme forces? Ooh, an the fane knight? So probably one theme forces will be " protector of the fane?"
    "When darkness arise, turn on the flamethrower ."
    Protectorate church motto
    "When magic arise, turn on the crossbow "
    Retribution mage hunter motto
    " if someone stand up, eat it" Dire troll/gobbers Chefs motto

Theme Forces will probably be Mage Hunters (possibly one of the task groups: Talons of Dawn, Scyrah's Blade or Unseen Spear) and then either House Shyeel or Dawnguard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ the Ronin View Post
    Kallas, you are very odd person. I mean that in the best possible way.
    Myrmidon Mayhem (Latest report: 29/06/2015) .

Quote Originally Posted by Kallas View Post
    Theme Forces will probably be Mage Hunters (possibly one of the task groups: Talons of Dawn, Scyrah's Blade or Unseen Spear) and then either House Shyeel or Dawnguard.

I would bet one theme is house guard themed and the others will be saved for theme force books.
    An elf that acts like a troll.

Turning threads into Garryth discussions is my specialty.

#soulesslivesmatter

I'm expecting 2 character jacks. Can't remember if it's Doug Hamilton, but someone working at PP hinted that we would be getting more then one Myrmidon. With Hemera being being so strongly tied to Issyria by name and looks, we can expect Helynna to get a Myrmidon as well, since the new journeyman casters are all getting one.

Since Ret still has one of the lowest selection of models to pick from, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a little more then other factions.

Retribution MK3 record: W/L 25/8
    Helynna 15/4, Kaelyssa 5/0, Ravyn 0/2, Vyros2 3/1, Vyros1 0/1, Issyria 2/0
    2017 record: 2/0
    Issyria 1/0, Kaelyssa 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Jaebee View Post
    I would bet one theme is house guard themed and the others will be saved for theme force books.
    As Mage Hunters are the core identity of the Retribution, I'd say they're likely to get one of the two Command Book theme force slots. Houseguard, Dawnguard, Shyeel, Vyre, etc are all a crap shoot.

As Mage Hunters are the core identity of the Retribution, I'd say they're likely to get one of the two Command Book theme force slots. Houseguard, Dawnguard, Shyeel, Vyre, etc are all a crap shoot.
    Yeah... All I was saying is one will probably be house guard cause they're vanilla and it would make sense that a theme like that goes in core book.

#soulesslivesmatter

Yeah... All I was saying is one will probably be house guard cause they're vanilla and it would make sense that a theme like that goes in core book.
    Ah, I see. That's true, though I do feel that Dawnguard have more development (ie, more units and casters specifically related) though the Homeguard Coalition would definitely be more flexible (any non-Mage Hunter caster, Houseguard units, Ghost Snipers, Arcanists) though after listing that it feels somewhat empty of non battlegroup stuff.

Ah, I see. That's true, though I do feel that Dawnguard have more development (ie, more units and casters specifically related) though the Homeguard Coalition would definitely be more flexible (any non-Mage Hunter caster, Houseguard units, Ghost Snipers, Arcanists) though after listing that it feels somewhat empty of non battlegroup stuff.

I think it would be more like the more house guard you take you get like free solos but you wouldn't be limited to only house guard. Take the trolls two for example. One is pretty restrictive kinda how I imagine a shyeel theme would be and the other is more genetic. I feel our "House guard" theme will be like the second one.

#soulesslivesmatter

I think it would be more like the more house guard you take you get like free solos but you wouldn't be limited to only house guard. Take the trolls two for example. One is pretty restrictive kinda how I imagine a shyeel theme would be and the other is more genetic. I feel our "House guard" theme will be like the second one.
    Thing is though, Dawnguard could be considered part of the Homeguard Coalition but they're very much House Nyarr troops so wouldn't necessarily fit when taken by Ossyan. Similarly with Mage Hunters.

Essentially, you're looking at - I feel anyway, could be way off what PP sees - Houseguard only, plus any of the non-aligned (ie, not Dawnguard, Shyeel, Vyre or Mage Hunter) which does leave a pretty blank slate.

If Dawnguard, Shyeel and Vyre are included (which is certainly possible, as they all are part of the Coalition) then I agree that there's a good amount of choice.

Going by what we know from the Troll book, you can expect to play every caster with a theme force. They have said that theme force would not restrict casters. Kingmaker and Theatre of Operations have some restrictions, but I doubt those same restrictions will apply to other theme forces. It's more of a Mercs theme. I could see the same happenning to Minions, but that's pretty much it.

I'd guess one theme is mage hunters and the other is a Jack heavy force if we are limited to two.
    Whoever the new caster is that emerged from the fane and an epic caster.
    Hemera and the fane knight solo.

Conqueror

Hoping for Kaelyssa 2.
    Baseless hoping, but hoping nonetheless.
    "Don't Believe the dream. You're playing with the wrong pieces.
    The Board is a trap. The Game is a trap. RUN."
    Ѻηł⑂ ☾◎ẘ@я∂ṧ ℜʊη ℱґ◎ღ ⊥н℮ ⊥яʊ☂♄

Quote Originally Posted by Koku Ryu View Post
    Hoping for Kaelyssa 2.
    Baseless hoping, but hoping nonetheless.
    It may not be 100% baseless, she is the only MK2 battle box caster that hasn't gone epic yet. Not to say that is any form of proof just that she should probably be on the docket for going epic in the near future.
    Last edited by Tom_Bombadil_; 12-14-2016 at 08:39 AM.

Winning with Garryth since MKII
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    MkIII Assassinations:
    Kaelyssa: Vlad1, Una2, Skarre1
    Garryth: Kaya1, Iron Mother, Sorsha1,

Of note, Durst is getting a character Warjack in the Protectorate command book so all the "Hemera has to be Helynna's Jack!" folks need a new reason to believe.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Xeurian View Post
    Of note, Durst is getting a character Warjack in the Protectorate command book so all the "Hemera has to be Helynna's Jack!" folks need a new reason to believe.
    The eye of truth is for malekus so unless pom is getting 2 jacks that seems incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauzu View Post
    The eye of truth is for malekus so unless pom is getting 2 jacks that seems incorrect.
    I don't have much proof for this but from what I've seen most factions are getting two.

MkIII Assassinations:

Annihilator

Aside from Ret it certainly doesn't seem to be the case. The retailer blurbs for the books all say something along the lines of "It features a complete listing of all current warcasters and warjacks released to date, in addition to two new warcasters, a new character warjack, and a selection of core units and solos from the Faction."

I haven't seen the ones for cygnar or legion, but circle and PoM both say a new character.

*edit*
    The cygnar one says a new character jack as well
    Last edited by Kauzu; 12-14-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Big things I would want:

- New heavy myrmidon chassis. Having another pair of jacks that asks different questions would be nice
    - New Character jack (this part is confirmed)
    - New Caster that crosses over (I'm still pulling for the twins, just because the Twins in Ret would be a weird caster, and those are always interesting)
    - New Solo (Fane Knight Guardian looks to fit here)
    - New melee unit (seriously, give us a dang medium based infantry unit with wounds. Something that can actually take a beating)
    - Talk about how Nyss are gathering in Ios, and potentially some new non Blighted Nyss units that are in Ret. I think there's some potential here, and could offer a different direction for new units to take (especially if all the Houses in Ios aren't on board yet)
    - Ret character unit (I heard rumors that it was going to be a unit of arcanists? That would be a cool spin on it, since most Ret lists take 3 arcanists anyways).

With the way PP focused on Dawnguard so much in the edition transition I wouldn't be surprised to see a Dawnguard theme force in the book. I'd honestly bet on it, but anything is possible. I do really want the Houseguard and Mage Hunter themes as I think those are the ones we need the most. It's a lot easier to build a reasonably competitive Dawnguard-y list right now than a Houseguard or Mage Hunter list (depending on what you call Ossyan gunline featuring crossbows).

Quote Originally Posted by Kauzu View Post
    I was lied to!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeurian View Post
    I was lied to!
    He is Durst's best friend, so merely misinformed

Conqueror

He is malakus pal?

Quote Originally Posted by saxcloud View Post
    He is malakus pal?
    Eye of Truth is Malekus' character jack which is due out in the Protectorate command book. The jack will likely be taken with other casters and people consider it strong on Durst (as of now) because it has a shield and because it is a character, we can safely assume it has a higher Mat.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Demeritus View Post
    Eye of Truth is Malekus' character jack which is due out in the Protectorate command book. The jack will likely be taken with other casters and people consider it strong on Durst (as of now) because it has a shield and because it is a character, we can safely assume it has a higher Mat.
    I know about it. I was speaking of durst.
    I said " he is malekus pal?" To make a joke

I'm hoping for swordsmen and a new colossal!

"I don't belive one word of this "glass cannon" nonsense.
    Plus I've always thought they were OP and had more cheese then wisconsin"

Quote Originally Posted by Gourge View Post
    I'm hoping for swordsmen and a new colossal!
    Helios is out in January. That's me set for life on colossals.

I don't think we will be getting another colossal anytime soon. Medium base infantry would be nice, but I don't sée what it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by SeBM View Post
    I don't think we will be getting another colossal anytime soon. Medium base infantry would be nice, but I don't sée what it would be.
    The only medium based infantry I could see us getting would be in the same vein as the Artificer. A six man unit of mega mittens could be pretty cool.

MkIII Assassinations:

I wouldn't mind if we could take a bit of a break from getting more Shyeel and Nyarr stuff... The Fane Knight solo is a welcome change for me.

I think we will have two Themes:

Mage Hunters & House Shyeel:
    Allows you to build themes similar to Kae, Garryth, Ravyn and Rahn's old ones (adding Elara).

Dawnguard & Houseguard:
    Allows you to build themes similar to Vyros, Issyria, Ossyan (and add Helynna & Thyron).
    Championing Garryth since 2011.

To me houseguard doesn't seem like much of a theme. It's pretty much saying, your theme is basic, generic guys!

In fact it feels like the opposite of a theme

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nexus View Post
    To me houseguard doesn't seem like much of a theme. It's pretty much saying, your theme is basic, generic guys!

In fact it feels like the opposite of a theme
    I think winter guard, trencher and steelhead themes are interesting. I like themes focusing on the unsung heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Bombadil_ View Post
    It may not be 100% baseless, she is the only MK2 battle box caster that hasn't gone epic yet. Not to say that is any form of proof just that she should probably be on the docket for going epic in the near future.
    Syntherion says hi... then trudges away knowing CoC are the black sheep of WM!

But yeah, totally agree there since Kae is not only the epic-less BB casters (not to mention all but one of the core factions' BB casters have v3's) but the only one without a character jack... yes, I want her epic and her character Myrmidon!! Our caster roster is deep enough and only slightly smaller than the others in terms of unique characters that we can realistically expect a few epics in upcoming cycles.

However, one thing... Vyre lights?! o.O
    Retribution of Scyrah - 258pts / 9 casters, an unhealthy obsession with Kaelyssa and an addiction to Telekinesis
    Circle Orboros - 128pts / 6 casters, lots of stones and a little too much puppy love
    Convergence of Cyriss - 68pts / 2 casters and sagely approval of the Harmonics

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    But yeah, totally agree there since Kae is not only the epic-less BB casters (not to mention all but one of the core factions' BB casters have v3's) but the only one without a character jack... yes, I want her epic and her character Myrmidon!! Our caster roster is deep enough and only slightly smaller than the others in terms of unique characters that we can realistically expect a few epics in upcoming cycles.

However, one thing... Vyre lights?! o.O
    I did I a quick check of warroom and all of the factions (CoC excluded) have 10-13 unique character War-casters Retribution included. Yet when it comes to a total number of War-casters they are all sitting at 18-19 to our 11. I am glad that they were working to give us a diversity of characters and we have finally caught up on that front so I feel it is time to have some people 'go epic.'

On the topic of Vyre lights I would be okay with some SPD 7 DEF 14 jacks. It still feels odd to me that our lights and heavies have the same DEF.
    Last edited by Tom_Bombadil_; 12-17-2016 at 12:41 PM.

MkIII Assassinations:

It would be weird for the Vyre chassis to be the caster one when you look at the heavies.

Quote Originally Posted by SeBM View Post
    It would be weird for the Vyre chassis to be the caster one when you look at the heavies.
    Well maybe they felt the need to make faster lights since their heavies were slower? Maybe? I can dream can't I?

MkIII Assassinations:

Yes you can

The Ret book has me pretty intrigued, as they are the youngest of the factions getting a command book, so unlike the others, its not a given than someone is going Epic^3 (so far this is the trend in all the baseline factions).

Of course, this could still happen, but its also possible that Kaelyssa or Ravyn go epic, or we get another original caster. What's also kind of interesting is that while it appears that Trolls got HOrgle2 (journeyman), Madrak3 (the Epic^3), and Sea King (New Thing), and a theme, we seem set to break this mold that the other factions appear to be following (meaning: Epic Journeyman, Epic^3, New THIng).

I say this because We will get Elara2, Possibly another caster, Hemera (New Thing #1), and Fane Guardian Knight Thing (New Thing #2).

So i'm curious to see if we get a second caster or not for one thing, and for another, if ret is the only one of the factions that gets an extra thing in its book if we do get two casters like everyone else appears to be getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmike View Post
    Haight, you are the hero Cygnar deserves.
    "The objective is to win, the point is to have fun." -- Not Dice
    Former Infernal, 2008 - 2012.

What I play: Cygnar, Circle, Minions, Mercs (Ceph, Rhul), Retribution, & Skorne.

Mod Voice.

Annihilator

I think doug mentioned on FB that the ret book has a bit more in it than the others but would be one of the last to release.

When is the release?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast