Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our forces book

Quote Originally Posted by Hyunkhel View Post
    When is the release?
    Ours is apparently one of the last few to be released. Expect a 9 month wait or so I think.

didn't they say their goal was to have all the command books out before L&L 2017?
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    So far as has been discerned by several studies conducted by the Fraternal Order of Wizardry, the presence or lack of nipples seems to have no bearing on arcane ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender_is_Great View Post
    didn't they say their goal was to have all the command books out before L&L 2017?
    Having all command books out with all the models there-in released within a 3 month time span of those shelf dates would be pretty difficult in a span of 3 months... That would be quite the 6 month blitz of releases. Unless I'm confusing them with the Theme books for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender_is_Great View Post
    Yes I am fairly sure this is the case, I remember them mentioning that It would only be a 6 month gap between the first and the last books. The theme force books are supposed to come out over a much larger period of time though.

Winning with Garryth since MKII
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Kill List:
    Garryth: Vlad1,
    Helynna: Ragnor1,

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Bombadil_ View Post
    Yes I am fairly sure this is the case, I remember them mentioning that It would only be a 6 month gap between the first and the last books. The theme force books are supposed to come out over a much larger period of time though.
    Right, so if our book comes out in ~6 months and our releases are all within ~3 months of that... My first 9 month estimate isn't too far off, at least when it comes to the products within the book themselves.

Annihilator

Cygnar - March
    Khador - TBA
    Cryx - TBA
    Menoth - January
    Retribution - TBA
    Trolls - Already out
    Circle - February
    Legion - March
    Skorne - TBA

Thats where the release schedule currently stands. If they keep going with 2/month that would be all the books out by May. If we are getting more new stuff than the other factions I think the hope would be to have everything out by July or August? It also makes some sense just to break the release up a bit if there is quite a bit of new stuff. New caster, elara2 general release, and Hemera with the book in May(?) and the rest in a second wave a little bit later would be pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeurian View Post
    Ours is apparently one of the last few to be released. Expect a 9 month wait or so I think.

Well, least we're getting a theme soon for sure... and by the looks of things, it'll be a Mage Hunter one if I interpret Hungerford's comment right... :/

http://privateerpressforums.com/show...eme-forces-out!

MH's are the main part of our faction that has sufficient casters (4), units (2 x 10) and solos (4 + 1, key point being character solos, since we don't have any characters outside of MH except Pain Knight)... hopefully an MHI CA around the corner... :/
    Retribution of Scyrah - 258pts / 9 casters, an unhealthy obsession with Kaelyssa and an addiction to Telekinesis
    Circle Orboros - 128pts / 6 casters, lots of stones and a little too much puppy love
    Convergence of Cyriss - 68pts / 2 casters and sagely approval of the Harmonics

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Well, least we're getting a theme soon for sure... and by the looks of things, it'll be a Mage Hunter one if I interpret Hungerford's comment right... :/

http://privateerpressforums.com/show...eme-forces-out!

MH's are the main part of our faction that has sufficient casters (4), units (2 x 10) and solos (4 + 1, key point being character solos, since we don't have any characters outside of MH except Pain Knight)... hopefully an MHI CA around the corner... :/
    I agree Mage Hunters seems the most likely.

Everyone braced for Ambush on Infiltrators? =-p

I'd guess we'd get a House Vyre or House Shyeel list

Quote Originally Posted by PiMaster13 View Post
    without more units. i really hope not for vyre. vyre has nothing going for it. i expect mage hunter theme to replace the ones that exsisted before. and a shyeel theme to replace the battle mage theme. shyeel can be retro fitted to be a jack list rather easily.

i really want to run 3 units of battle mages again.

Dawnguard or Houseguard seem most likely to me. Mage Hunters would be most appreciated, but while we have a lot of mage hunter models, none of them are really looking at each other. I'm not sure how much that influences the theme selection process.

Edit: I would also really appreciate battlemages. Or battlemages and myrmidons. Bring Force Wall back and let me have my 5+ arcanists on the table again.

Edit Edit: What if modern Force Wall flat gave all myrmidons Force Barrier? That'd be awesome. And bonus arcanists for every 10 points of myrmidons. And some weird third benefit.
    Last edited by NEoJoe; 01-06-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Conqueror

I'd love to see AD Sentinels in a Dawnguard Theme list. With vyros1 mobility you could have your entire army at the 23-25" line on the top of one.

Quote Originally Posted by PiMaster13 View Post
    Maybe later in a Theme book. As it stands there are only two House Vyre options and three Shyeel options outside of battlegroups. A mage hunter theme can see an unrestricted battlegroup with the following options: 2 units, 3/4 character solos, and two non character solos. Barring possible FA changes, max that out those options and you already get to 94 points of Mage Hunters compared to Vyre's potential 48 and Shyeel's 38. If it were some kind of reconciliation/Helynna inspired theme we could see a Vyre and Shyeel combo. I doubt it but a lot can happen in two years I guess.

im really doubling down on it just being a remake of 2 old themes just like the other factions have been getting. id look there for inspirations.

Annihilator

Could be a dawnguard thing as well. There are 3 units and a couple of solos to work with and a mix of range capabilities and very good melee

I hope we get to see our book cover soon. I would love to get a print for my nerd cave

Quote Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
    I hope we get to see our book cover soon. I would love to get a print for my nerd cave
    Same~

As for the topic at hand I'd love to see a Winter's Hammer(Mage hunter) and Dawn's Talon(Sentinals Houseguard) themes. I would also love it if we got a suprise Ravyn Character jack that brings her back into the game
    The new Faction is limited and self-contained like the Convergence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowking View Post
    Same~

As for the topic at hand I'd love to see a Winter's Hammer(Mage hunter) and Dawn's Talon(Sentinals Houseguard) themes. I would also love it if we got a suprise Ravyn Character jack that brings her back into the game
    Winter's Hammer is headed by Rahn and Dawnlord Cyrsyll Nyarr. It has ~800 Dawnguard ~80 battle mages ~20 Heavy Myrmidons, ~60 Lights, 8000 Houseguard. The Scyrah's Blade SpecOps headed by Garryth has 300 Mage Hunters and 5-10 Myrmidons. Dawn's Talon actually has more Mage Hunters in their Special Operations wing (headed by Ravyn) at 400 Mage Hunters and 10-20 Myrmidons. The Unseen Spear, headed by Kaelyssa, the third of three military forces is likely the most Mage Hunter centric of the three. Though their forces vary and they may have fewer Mage Hunters at any given time compared to the two primary armies, these are the forces that are most likely to be deployed outside of simply support roles and conduct most of the "Mage Huntery" missions we imagine Strike Forces were initially trained for and are most comfortable doing.

Edit: I keep using present tense for some reason but really this is all historical info from two years prior. Still, gives you an idea of whats what.
    Last edited by Xeurian; 01-07-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Edit: I keep using present tense for some reason but really this is all historical info from two years prior. Still, gives you an idea of whats what.

If you read the pages i bring up you'll understand my reasoning.

Winter's Hammer is lead by Vyros Nyarr a task force of Talons of Dawn p.42, not Rahn who instead leads Bardbed Thorn alongside Garryth a task force of Scyrah's Blade p.49.

I reserved The Winter's Hammer theme to focus on the van lead by Ravyn and Eiryss who leads 200 mage hunters as part of Winter's Hammer.
    This would also be a great place for the Nyss hunters probably gaining ambush or something from this theme.

In reality Winter's Hammer could be any of the units except houseguard who Vyros has chosen not to use under the Winter's Hammer task force.

With that i agree my second choice shouldn't be the over arching branch instead now that i have the book in front of me I'd go with Barbed Thorn focusing on Houseguard/ Battlemages.
    Last edited by Lowking; 01-07-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Conqueror

Ambush on Nyss would be gross. Speed 7 CRA... you could really scare the crap out of your opponent with a threat that could hit anywhere they try to hide and ignore cover.

If you read the pages i bring up you'll understand my reasoning.

Winter's Hammer is lead by Vyros Nyarr a task force of Talons of Dawn p.42, not Rahn who instead leads Bardbed Thorn alongside Garryth a task force of Scyrah's Blade p.49.
    Sorry I mix that force with one of the two armies up in my head all the time for some reason. Probably because Rahn has Force Hammer for a spell...

Either way, I doubt very much we will see themes calling out either Winter's Hammer or the Barbed Thorn specifically as they seem to me to be temporary task forces organized specifically for the retrieval of Nyssor. Unfortunately I don't have Wrath so I don't know if they make any mention of what happens to the task forces once their task is complete.

Sorry I mix that force with one of the two armies up in my head all the time for some reason. Probably because Rahn has Force Hammer for a spell...
    Understandable. I meant no disrespect.

Yeah I agree basing any theme armies around information that takes place 2 years prior in the timeline is fallible but lacking the knowledge of what has happened during the time skip i have to base my opinions on currently available information.

So distilled down a Dawnguard/mage hunter theme and a Houseguard/battlemage theme.
    Last edited by Lowking; 01-07-2017 at 09:55 AM.

The only medium based infantry I could see us getting would be in the same vein as the Artificer. A six man unit of mega mittens could be pretty cool.
    This just stuck out at me so wanted to say: Would be neat to see some Shyeel/Vyre fusion ala Ossyan/Helynna combo and have elves in forcefield generating power armour (maybe have an Action shield regen d6) and some kind of crazy gravity well or lightning polearm melee weapons. Basically single wound elves with portable forcefields in their armour while wielding some crazy Vyre weapon technology

As for the topic, my belief is fairly in line with others. Probably either dawnguard, mitten armada or houseguards/assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by CapMcQuack View Post
    This just stuck out at me so wanted to say: Would be neat to see some Shyeel/Vyre fusion ala Ossyan/Helynna combo and have elves in forcefield generating power armour (maybe have an Action shield regen d6) and some kind of crazy gravity well or lightning polearm melee weapons. Basically single wound elves with portable forcefields in their armour while wielding some crazy Vyre weapon technology

As for the topic, my belief is fairly in line with others. Probably either dawnguard, mitten armada or houseguards/assassins.
    I like the idea of single wound medium based infantry with force fields (say 4)weilding Invictor style halberd force lances/two handed Vyre force swords. All with Slam power attack and follow up. Hehehe id have way to much fun with that.

I like the idea of single wound medium based infantry with force fields (say 4)weilding Invictor style halberd force lances/two handed Vyre force swords. All with Slam power attack and follow up. Hehehe id have way to much fun with that.
    That's similar to what I was thinking, 1 box 4 ForceFields, I was thinking something along the lines of 2 initials with Chain Attack Smite and follow up. Maybe Polarity Field and Force Barrier as well? That would make sure they had the tools needed to survive on the approach.

Winning with Garryth since MKII
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Kill List:
    Garryth: Vlad1,
    Helynna: Ragnor1,

That's similar to what I was thinking, 1 box 4 ForceFields, I was thinking something along the lines of 2 initials with Chain Attack Smite and follow up. Maybe Polarity Field and Force Barrier as well? That would make sure they had the tools needed to survive on the approach.
    give each an action to heal their force fields. i like it.

I don't know if they make any mention of what happens to the task forces once their task is complete.
    So a fun fact I just read in wrath "Ossyan learned in the days ahead that most of the sect’s mage hunters were in Khador, desperately searching for the once-shunned god of the Nyss, the father of winter"

Also if you get a copy you'll find out Ossyan is like a bull in a china shop try hard. He wass like the little brother warcaster that they would hand a video game controller and tell him hes doing a good job playing but its not even hooked up. He ends up having a pretty cool fight with Goreshade because Khador is also fighting the Cryx and they all three converge on the same town then he gains some respect from the other senior members after beating both the Khador town and repelling the Cryx.

So a fun fact I just read in wrath "Ossyan learned in the days ahead that most of the sect’s mage hunters were in Khador, desperately searching for the once-shunned god of the Nyss, the father of winter"

Also if you get a copy you'll find out Ossyan is like a bull in a china shop try hard. He wass like the little brother warcaster that they would hand a video game controller and tell him hes doing a good job playing but its not even hooked up. He ends up having a pretty cool fight with Goreshade because Khador is also fighting the Cryx and they all three converge on the same town then he gains some respect from the other senior members after beating both the Khador town and repelling the Cryx.
    Nice. I remember reading (or reading about?) an interaction between Ossyan and Ravyn after this where Ravyn is still fairly short with him. Combining that with the little brother warcaster image you paint is amusing.

After seeing another forces book with a warjack/warbeast based theme force (this one adding free empower solos), I can see the new Force Wall theme force on the horizon a bit more clearly! I super hope we can /some/ 'jack marshal or another in whatever our warjack theme is. The Protectorate one has none, which is a shame for them because all the empower solos would be awesome for 'jack marshaling. Here's hoping, if we get a similar theme, we at least get Artificers.

Annihilator

So updating the release schedule as we know it

Trolls - out in December
    Protectorate - Out in January
    Circle - scheduled for February
    Legion - scheduled for March
    Cygnar - scheduled for March
    Cryx - Scheduled for April
    Khador - Scheduled for April
    Ret - TBA (May)
    Skorne - TBA (pushed back to fall)

Where have you seen the months for Khador and Cryx?

Annihilator

they were the most recent solicitations. April releases if i remember correctly are Hurricane, Aiakos2 general release, Mortenebra 2, Kharbdyis (aiako's character jack), Strakhov 2 (warcaster unit), Malakov 2 general release, greylord forge seer and the cryx and khador books

Quote Originally Posted by NEoJoe View Post
    Dawnguard or Houseguard seem most likely to me. Mage Hunters would be most appreciated, but while we have a lot of mage hunter models, none of them are really looking at each other. I'm not sure how much that influences the theme selection process.

Edit: I would also really appreciate battlemages. Or battlemages and myrmidons. Bring Force Wall back and let me have my 5+ arcanists on the table again.

Edit Edit: What if modern Force Wall flat gave all myrmidons Force Barrier? That'd be awesome. And bonus arcanists for every 10 points of myrmidons. And some weird third benefit.
    After seeing another forces book with a warjack/warbeast based theme force (this one adding free empower solos), I can see the new Force Wall theme force on the horizon a bit more clearly! I super hope we can /some/ 'jack marshal or another in whatever our warjack theme is. The Protectorate one has none, which is a shame for them because all the empower solos would be awesome for 'jack marshaling. Here's hoping, if we get a similar theme, we at least get Artificers.
    Oh, thanks for semi-bumping this thread because you reminded me that I called the CRAP out of our theme force. So take that/you're welcome depending on how you feel.

(I hoped for force barrier and got shield guard, close enough I'm taking credit) (I was way off on Arcanists though. Guess I just get to have 6 arcanists I can't use. Oh well)

Oh, thanks for semi-bumping this thread because you reminded me that I called the CRAP out of our theme force. So take that/you're welcome depending on how you feel.

(I hoped for force barrier and got shield guard, close enough I'm taking credit) (I was way off on Arcanists though. Guess I just get to have 6 arcanists I can't use. Oh well)
    Multi caster gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames! Play them!

Multi caster gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames! Play them!
    Yeah yeah, okay. Fair point. I played Unbound. I know it's fun. Jeez.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12