Default Melee Clarification?

I've till recently been playing Morghoul1 and have been shredding away in my assassination attempts using his 2X claws by buying additional attacks at 2X per 1 fury spent but a player shut me down and said that if a weapon says 2X it just means he has 2 of them and they each swing once and each additional fury only buys one attack not 2 is that correct because if it is Morghoul1 is terribad even with anatomical precision.
    ~I Self Identify as a Cookie Monster~

Opponent finally conceded that Morghoul1's special rule was one fury for 2 attacks, the confusion being he thought we needed special rules for additional Melee attacks but that is just for Warrior models or non-fury/focus using models. Of course I lost because I charged Tanith and delivered a whopping 4 points of damage by burning all my fury under the strain of his argument then Tanith murdilated me with her puppy and debuff...I need to bring a rulebook with me from now on.

Your opponent is right in one way if a weapon is x2 then a model does have 2 of them so can make an initial attack with each and then would normally spend 1 fury/focus to buy an additional attack for one of them

However it's morghuels special rules that allow the 1 fury for both

Destroyer of Worlds RandomThoughts's Avatar

Skapunkboy is correct.

The "2x" on the weapon profile does not in any way let you buy two attacks for one fury. It's only the special role Double Strike that allows it.
    Last edited by RandomThoughts; 12-14-2016 at 10:56 PM.

*placeholder for witty one-liner*

We misread the card and I didn't have the rules so because he couldn't pay one fury for his Warhog to get two swings he thought I couldn't with Morghoul1 and I took it to the forum from my phone but we figured it out. Thanks guys.