Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Social Media Coordinator PPS_Valerie's Avatar

Default [OFFICIAL] Errata and Community Integrated Development

Good morning, everyone!

Here are the updated errata documents. If you have any questions, please make sure that you read the FAQ and Developer's notes. If you have any questions that aren't in the FAQ nor the Developer's notes, ask them here in this thread. Our awesome staffers will be answering your questions here in this thread.

Insider 12-21-2016
    Errata 12/21/2016
    Updated Cards
    Developer's Notes
    FAQ
    Last edited by PPS_Valerie; 12-21-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Destroyer of Worlds ForsakenPoptart's Avatar

Hey Val,

Thanks for combining the links in one spot. The Errata is really low resolution on my monitor- any chance that can be corrected, or is it just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsplatter artist View Post
    They're actually part of its reproductive cycle. If left unmolested the stormpod will eventually hatch into an adorable squire. If he lives long enough he will become a firefly and eventually a Stormclad. From there, he can either grow into a storm wall or in extreme cases they reach an evolutionary dead end and become thunderheads.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenPoptart View Post
    Hey Val,

Thanks for combining the links in one spot. The Errata is really low resolution on my monitor- any chance that can be corrected, or is it just me?
    I think it is just you. It looked perfectly fine for me.

Judge since April 25 2013
    Infernal since April 23 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    You are 100% getting a box made of bees, full of bees, delivered by bees, that barks bees directly into your mind.

I love the new field test initiative.

I love doing away with cards.

I'm pleased with the first errata.

Destroyer of Worlds UmbrellaCorp487's Avatar

Thank you for this update. I especially love the card information being widely available. You guys clearly listened to the community and responded in great fashion. Thanks again!
    Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan!

Huh! NICE!
    I'm a skorne player, as such i'm unwilling to try different models within my faction and i'm stuck at mk2 list building by definition.

My painting page: https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonworkshop

Thanks for putting this all in one place! Excellence!

Chalkboard
    Check out my painting and gaming progress at www.chalkboardwar.com

It was previously stated that the Protectorate had 1 errata on the table. It looks like that was dropped between then and this final errata. Would PP like to share which 1 Protectorate model it was evaluating but decided not to errata at this time?
    It might help control endless speculation, or at least sate curiosity.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Valerie View Post
    Good morning, everyone!

Here are the updated errata documents. If you have any questions, please make sure that you read the FAQ and Developer's notes. If you have any questions that aren't in the FAQ nor the Developer's notes, ask them here in this thread. Our awesome staffers will be answering your questions here in this thread.

Insider 12-21-2016
    Errata 12/21/2016
    Updated Cards
    Developer's Notes
    FAQ
    Is Siege going to have his "Combat Engineer" rule changed to reflect the same changes to "Siege Weapon" on models in the errata?

Maxwell Finn's longest killing spree:
    11 Doom Reavers Swordsman.

Destroyer of Worlds

Guh. Ack.

Well this is...unexpected.

So, when can I start printing on demand?

Destroyer of Worlds Po the Barbarian's Avatar

Overall great stuff. The community initiative is super bold and really an impressive thing to take on. I really appreciate the level of chutzpa being displayed here!

The errata itself is pretty solid. There's lots of additional stuff I would have changed, but there's also a good reason why I'm not a game developer. I'm happy to see that my Bokur can hang out with my other armies now and that's really really helpful, but I'm sad to see that stealth and clouds remain terrible ranged defenses, limiting my actual list options pretty firmly for competitive play.

I'm impressed at the way many of the changes are impactful without being overkill. Changes to sentry stones, Madrak3 and the hell mouth all stand out as making a difference, but not blowing any of those models off the table never to be seen again.

Conqueror

While I'm overall happy with the CoC changes in the errata, was it really necessary to take away the one good thing about the Conflux?

Destroyer of Worlds

I'm going to need some time to take this all in, but given the nerfs to both Mad Dogs and Karchev I expect Mad Dogs to vanish entirely. And the few people who took Berserkers will likely reconsider that notion too.

Holy moly. All I can say is bravo to all the steps being taken here, and I'm really excited for the future of Warmachine & Hordes
    Uictoriam caeruleo bellatorum!

Current 'casters: Caine2, Nemo3, Stryker2, Haley2 and Haley3.

I know, I'm everything you hate about the Swans :P

Destroyer of Worlds

I...think I strongly disagree with the "no power attacking friendly models" bit.

How are we supposed to deal with stupid-high-DEF targets? Hope we roll really high?

Development Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I...think I strongly disagree with the "no power attacking friendly models" bit.

How are we supposed to deal with stupid-high-DEF targets? Hope we roll really high?
    High defense is a perk of models that points are paid for with the intention of requiring high dice rolls to hit. There are many options inside of factions besides slamming or throwing your own models at things such as AOE attacks, spells (such as guided hand) or other things like electro-leap.
    Privateer's most excitable employee!

#ReadingIsFUNdamental

#TeamNeighSlayer

No changes to the TAC? Really?

Destroyer of Worlds

Marauders actually got buffed, heh. I must day this was quite milder than I expected. The Spriggan thingie was cruel, though. I saw his name and muito heart raced, bit than it was actually a nerf? And how the hell isn't Drago bottom 5%?? (The top nerfs were spot on).

Quote Originally Posted by boxybrownmd View Post
    No changes to the TAC? Really?
    I'm a bit surprised too, but I like the change to the Siege Crawler.
    Mercenaries are fine as is... it is the bulk of the player base that needs the errata.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakom View Post
    Marauders actually got buffed, heh. I must day this was quite milder than I expected. The Spriggan thingie was cruel, though. I saw his name and muito heart raced, bit than it was actually a nerf? And how the hell isn't Drago bottom 5%?? (The top nerfs were spot on).
    I've lost fate in the design skills of PP in Mk 3 because of this errata. I wish it was a joke, but it isn't.
    Khador by Killax (2016-05 update)

If there's a PPS monitoring this thread, I'd be curious as to the reasoning behind changing the 360-degree melee range ruling that happened in the rules forum and the limiting of melee range to front arc in the errata document.

I love the Developer notes (best part to me), but would it be possible to publish something that discussed reasons for not changing specific models that the community might have wanted or talked about to great lengths? I'll use Wrongeye and Snapjaw as a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnissae View Post
    If there's a PPS monitoring this thread, I'd be curious as to the reasoning behind changing the 360-degree melee range ruling that happened in the rules forum and the limiting of melee range to front arc in the errata document.
    The change was made to match our original intent for melee range which was that it encompassed only a model's front arc.

I'm really not a fan of the card changes. Wargaming is a physical hobby, and not including the cards takes away an element of that. Printed cards are a pain and look like garbage, and ink is expensive. Print on demand cards will also be a pain, a waste of time, and amount to a back door price hike. I have a laundry list of issues with War Room, including it's bizarre UI that conforms to no design guidelines on any platform, and the fact that it is not always updated when new models come out, sometimes taking days, and in other cases for no logical reason, having cards for things that won't be released for months.

Do not like. Please reconsider.

Destroyer of Worlds KingAceNumber1's Avatar

Really glad that Wurmwood's feat is no longer a time walk. Bravo devs, well done overall.
    "Nothing teaches a lesson like the sting of defeat."

I like. Larely much lower key than I expected.

Annihilator

Glad to see PP willing to admit that they could have done things better than they did (even though I think Mk III is largely really good, albeit not perfect). Was a bit surprised at the Protectorate changes (or lack thereof really), but from a faction vs. faction balance standpoint, I think that sounds right. Protectorate is pretty solid without having anything that's OP imo.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gargs View Post
    Glad to see PP willing to admit that they could have done things better than they did (even though I think Mk III is largely really good, albeit not perfect). Was a bit surprised at the Protectorate changes (or lack thereof really), but from a faction vs. faction balance standpoint, I think that sounds right. Protectorate is pretty solid without having anything that's OP imo.
    High reclaimer is indeed totally legit...

Conqueror

I love the idea of the field test, but I'm concerned about the ramifications this has for models that fall within the acceptable curve but are.... subpar. Take, for example, Stormguard in Cygnar / Mercs. Widely lauded as not a good choice all around for a unit. What if that unit was to come out in the field test? I'm sure everyone would be screaming "they aren't up to snuff. They need something else." Does PP listen, resulting in every release using the field test being in the middle to high end of the curve, or do they ignore the masses (or heck, even just say "our plan is for these models to be on the low-end of the curve").

Curious how PP plans to deal with that. Excited, though!

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Will View Post
    The change was made to match our original intent for melee range which was that it encompassed only a model's front arc.
    Gotcha. Just asking because I just got done explaining Ragman hijinks to some friends and now I'm going to have to walk that back. No biggie; thanks for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Shamgi View Post
    While I'm overall happy with the CoC changes in the errata, was it really necessary to take away the one good thing about the Conflux?
    It was most likely never intended and simply overlooked when they wrote its rules. It's now been corrected to how it was intended to work all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeltog View Post
    I'm really not a fan of the card changes. Wargaming is a physical hobby, and not including the cards takes away an element of that. Printed cards are a pain and look like garbage, and ink is expensive. Print on demand cards will also be a pain, a waste of time, and amount to a back door price hike. I have a laundry list of issues with War Room, including it's bizarre UI that conforms to no design guidelines on any platform, and the fact that it is not always updated when new models come out, sometimes taking days, and in other cases for no logical reason, having cards for things that won't be released for months.

Do not like. Please reconsider.
    The printed cards will look as nice or as terrible as you put the effort into them. The important thing is you can get the stats in a physical format for free. If you want to make it look pretty, thats up to you. This isn't a new concept to the industry. Infinity has been doing this for ages. It means PP doesn't have to print cards for the players who don't use them (like me) and the option remains if you do want them. This also frees them up, as stated, to make changes more often if needed. This is good for the health of the game. Making things slightly more difficult for a niche portion of the playerbase in trade? Pretty worth it.
    When life gives you lemons, you kill all humans.
    I play Retribution of Scyrah and Circle Ouroboros
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncymischa View Post
    I keep thinking about the Merc forums, and their determination to stuff any lemons they have into their enemies' eyes. They'll take whatever they get, play it, and have fun with it. I don't see any reason the Retribution can't aim to do the same.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    It was most likely never intended and simply overlooked when they wrote its rules. It's now been corrected to how it was intended to work all along.
    It was the one reason to actually assemble the Servitors though.

Annihilator

thank you for the developer notes. they were nicely informative and much appreciated.

Conflict Chamber is updated with the errata changes.
    Warmachine/Hordes Mk3 List editing -- Conflict Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie_8 View Post
    I love the idea of the field test, but I'm concerned about the ramifications this has for models that fall within the acceptable curve but are.... subpar. Take, for example, Stormguard in Cygnar / Mercs. Widely lauded as not a good choice all around for a unit. What if that unit was to come out in the field test? I'm sure everyone would be screaming "they aren't up to snuff. They need something else." Does PP listen, resulting in every release using the field test being in the middle to high end of the curve, or do they ignore the masses (or heck, even just say "our plan is for these models to be on the low-end of the curve").

Curious how PP plans to deal with that. Excited, though!
    This will certainly be part of the challenge we will all have to work together on moving forward under this new system. However our hope is that through a large part of this will be handled naturally by our increased and more open communication between all parties during the testing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Guh. Ack.

Well this is...unexpected.

So, when can I start printing on demand?
    I don't mind it so much I guess. We're the last of a dying breed, my friend. It's the way of things. My own wife gave up on printed cards once she figured out war room. So long as the option exists, I'll print all those pending skorne cards on demand and be alright with that. I liked the idea of an errata deck, but we're just not where the money is. It's worth it to keep the game fresh.

In other news - about those Hammerfall High Shields. I guess they'll just keep being bad, then, huh? With the exception of some theme force, maybe? Love that the Bokur can join my other Ogryn in Skorne. That's fun.

Please, can a Will say something about the Haley1 nerf?

I'm usually pretty supportive on you guys, I'm also totally fine with Haley2 and Caine2 nerfs, but what was in your mind with Haley1?

Not only I didn't expected her to be in the scope since she is generically regarded as a lesser Sloan (due to the lack of TS), but the change to Temporal Barrier totally blows my mind...

How is a -2 SPD buff supposed to work in a bubble within 8" of the Warcaster? 99% of the models of the game can charge at that distance, even with -2 SPD.
    Why should I spend 4 focus to put my squishy (and now focusless) caster at 8" from a thing that I want to slow?

I know that Temporal Barrier was a bad spell for the fun perspective, but I think that it was pretty fine as it turned out in MK3, and even if you felt that it still need a tone down, wouldn't be better to outright remove the SPD buff and lower the cost to 2?

As it is now, it seems to me that it's a spell that I would never cast. The SPD debuff is totally pointless now, and spending 4 focus to give -2 DEF to something on a caster with Deadeye seem counter-intuitive.

Please, any of the Wills, could you help me understand that change and the meaning on how it was done?
    http://privateerpressforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic114488_4.gif
    R.I.P. Page 5... We miss you.
    You can find my painting blog HERE!

Quick note about the warroom update. The Ogrun Bokur has the correct rules but he doesn't show up when trying to make a list nor is he in the minion faction under the 'Merc Solo' heading where Raluk and Orin live.

Quote Originally Posted by lowinor View Post
    Conflict Chamber is updated with the errata changes.
    And will soon include rules?
    MK3 Tournament Play:
    Haley2 4-4, Nemo3 0-5, Stryker2 0-1

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast