Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Po the Barbarian View Post
    Also: bravo on war room updating right away and not even lagging out at all! No one notices when the IT guys get things right, so I wanted to give a shout out!
    I started the update as soon as I got the notification, it's still "downloading content" on my iPad.

I see a major change in P Haley: Temporal Barrier will be very rarely if ever cast, except in certain situations. Right now the spell is super risky with an 8 inch bubble and costing 4 focus. I still would be OK with with the change if it still was control instead of command. This does greatly increase the use of dead eye though. Is P-Haley useless? No. But she'll probably be collecting dust next to so many other Cygnar Warcasters.

Conqueror

I think it's a great errata. I can somewhat understand Lynessa going up as she was an almost auto-include. Going to be real hard justifying our other 3pt models as a Merc.

I'm really sad that Srgt. Nic and the Steelhead Cav didn't get looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by zorrobard123 View Post
    I see a major change in P Haley: Temporal Barrier will be very rarely if ever cast, except in certain situations. Right now the spell is super risky with an 8 inch bubble and costing 4 focus. I still would be OK with with the change if it still was control instead of command. This does greatly increase the use of dead eye though. Is P-Haley useless? No. But she'll probably be collecting dust next to so many other Cygnar Warcasters.
    The -DEF part is still ctrl area.

Destroyer of Worlds UmbrellaCorp487's Avatar

Question for devs: Regarding trolls changes, there is a large stable of casters not played in faction and it seems nothing was done to address this. Borka2 has been a very maligned caster since he was released in MK2. Madrak2 needed a nerf but some of their bottom of the barrel casters were not altered in any way. Was this not part of the 5% or did you feel they were performing well enough to not warrant a change?
    Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan!

Quote Originally Posted by Undeltog View Post
    What I want is the bill of goods I was sold with mk3. Cards with the model, updated errata decks every year. PDFs available for Errata'd cards. What I don't want is being forced to use war room or to pay extra, one way or another, to have cards.
    If you have a printer, you will now have updated cards when ever you want. Print the updated card, cut them out and put into card sleeves. Will WR be a better option then this... maybe. For me it is. But if you want to use cards if you have a printer you are set. no more paying for them at the store every year, just print them. If you really want them on card stock well you can print on demand them as well.

Menoth may have your soul,
    Cryx your corpse,
    But your life and loyalty,
    That belongs to Khador.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by penearric View Post
    The Errata had fewer changes then I had expected / hoped for in regards to Retribution. I realize that its a bit specific, but I was curious on the thoughts of the developers on the following specific models for Retribution.

Dawnguard Destors - lance rule has some really weird interactions
    Dawnguard Destor Thane - lance rule, cost, etc makes him not worth taking
    Nayl - easy for enemy to throw him back towards your own army, no real personal threat to cause the enemy to feel like they have to kill him
    Rayvn - feels out classed by the rest of the casters in the army. I suppose there has to be one in each faction, but her spells, personal abilities and feat don't feel like they interact well. I guess I am just disappointment that she didn't end up getting any changes.

Thanks
    - Penearric
    I'm guessing these things fell more in the realm of "internal" balance as opposed to balance vs. other factions. This round of errata was really just focused on trying to balance the factions vs. each other and not necessarily balancing the elements of any particular faction with itself (i.e. making all models in a faction equally viable). Its why for instance, you didn't see any changes to Deliverers or Bastions in Protectorate. Both of those units are pretty bad right now, but Protectorate as a whole is pretty solid. So, all in all, just because certain models were not touched now doesn't mean they won't be in the future.

Huge buff! According to formatting in the errata thread, all Mercenaries are now under the header Convergence.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by E2lio2tR View Post
    If you have a printer, you will now have updated cards when ever you want. Print the updated card, cut them out and put into card sleeves. Will WR be a better option then this... maybe. For me it is. But if you want to use cards if you have a printer you are set. no more paying for them at the store every year, just print them. If you really want them on card stock well you can print on demand them as well.
    Or just buy some card stock/go to Fedex/Kinko's/Your local printing store. I think it costs maybe a dollar to print a sheet of cardstock at Fedex.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    So I've noticed the Vessel of Judgment has a Jan 2017 card, and the push miracle has errataed text. Frankly, I had not clicked into the Menoth cards because the Insider did not say it changed. I only caught it when I noticed the general errata text was in blue.

War Room also updated, so I cant figure out what actually changed here?
    I think the damage roll used to be boostable. I may be wrong, though, as I have not used the Vessel in the current edition and am thus fuzzy on its rules.
    Grab your pick, grab your shovel, head on down to the Amish rumble!

Quote Originally Posted by Seikishi View Post
    Now you have PDFs being available for every card. You can literally bring them up and print them. You don't have to use war room. How's that different from PDFs available for only errata'd cards?
    It's different because I no longer get a card with my model. As I stated in my original post, printed cards look bad. I accept them as necessary when. New errata hits, I do not like them as the "standard". Having to place a POD order every time I buy a model to get a nice card frankly is a bad experience for me, as a customer.

When should we expect to see the printable PDF of all the cards?

Is there any plan for a searchable database of all cards?

Destroyer of Worlds Grey Templar's Avatar
    Umbrey, wracking Heretics while Vlad's not looking

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmal View Post
    I think the damage roll used to be boostable. I may be wrong, though, as I have not used the Vessel in the current edition and am thus fuzzy on its rules.
    It was. Because the Vessel's boost mechanic allowed it to boost attack and damage rolls. And Eruption of Faith was a damage roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesoe View Post
    I have touched this man's Durst. I can tell you it is legit.
    The Protectorate's Official Cheer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyalas View Post
    Make 'em run! Make 'em burn!
    Make 'em wracks until they learn!
    Proooooo-tectorate!

Destroyer of Worlds Po the Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UmbrellaCorp487 View Post
    Question for devs: Regarding trolls changes, there is a large stable of casters not played in faction and it seems nothing was done to address this. Borka2 has been a very maligned caster since he was released in MK2. Madrak2 needed a nerf but some of their bottom of the barrel casters were not altered in any way. Was this not part of the 5% or did you feel they were performing well enough to not warrant a change?
    we can hope that someday Borka2 will climb onto the power curve. Someday. He looks so darn cool and he is so dang awful.

Even a change to the krielstone like starting it with a few fury points, so Borka wasn't a 5 fury, front line caster with multiple mandatory upkeeps and a mandatory krielstone... I mean... whose going to take a caster who drops to 50% or less power when he goes second?

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Undeltog View Post
    It's different because I no longer get a card with my model. As I stated in my original post, printed cards look bad. I accept them as necessary when. New errata hits, I do not like them as the "standard". Having to place a POD order every time I buy a model to get a nice card frankly is a bad experience for me, as a customer.
    I'm in Europe. No way I'm buying POD cards by ones or twos, given the ridiculous shipping. Printing them out myself it is, though I'd definitely prefer real cards. I'd pay for them too, but not like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    Deadeye don't work in melee though, and it still impair slow units and their ability to move wherever needed.
    Sure, that's why I didn't say that the DEF part is useless, just totally not worth 4 focus.

And it will not slow down anything, since noone is ever putting Haley at 8" from enemy models willingly, even with -2 SPD. It is a total suicide. Most things threat 10" or more (so 10-2= 8" charge range), how can someone put a caster (and a squishy and not camping one at that) in charge range of an enemy model? To do what? Avoid him from charging other targets, and be sure that he actually charges your caster and makes you lose? o.O
    http://privateerpressforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic114488_4.gif
    R.I.P. Page 5... We miss you.
    You can find my painting blog HERE!

I noticed some of the cards got new artwork. Caine2, Sword Knights, and the Gun Mage Captain Adept look really awesome, but the art change is only on the PDF. Will these be updated in WarRoom2? It's not a huge deal, but I really like the new artwork a lot better, especially for the Sword Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I dislike the removal of clever tactical options for dealing with that sort of thing.

How is Khador going to deal with, for example, a Wind Rushed Sorscha1? We have two sources of Knockdown in faction: Fissure and Sorscha1's Tempest. We can add in Hutchuck's Quake Grenade too, if you're feeling froggy. We have no way to make her stationary. "Roll 12's to hit" is not a viable tactic.

I...feel strongly about the changes made to Khador in this errata.
    I just want to voice my complete agreement with this. Now, dealing with high defense will absolutely require specific model choices, which I believe will limit army build paths and enhance skew.

I do not like it when you run into "have model X or lose."
    "The task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen, but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees." -Erwin Schrödinger

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_French View Post
    When should we expect to see the printable PDF of all the cards?

Is there any plan for a searchable database of all cards?
    All the cards will be available following the official change over to the new Community Integrated Development system this summer.

As far as a searchable database we are currently exploring various options.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonXVI View Post
    I just want to voice my complete agreement with this. Now, dealing with high defense will absolutely require specific model choices, which I believe will limit army build paths and enhance skew.

DEF skew barely exists because of all the outs like throwing your own stuff on top of it and should be a thing you need to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmal View Post
    My best guess as well, and I just did t notice?

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Pagani View Post
    There are a lot of factors inside of these changes that involve the ratios of hit points/armor and point cost, offensive output, and how they all fit together. This is where we landed on these items. Part of this change is also taking into account theme forces that have not been previewed or released yet.
    Sorry mate, but I just don't buy that. You guys came up with the idea that all that's just worth 1 point difference? Seriously? I totally understand that an ARM18, 31 box model is going to be a challenge to balance, but this just seems over the top, and lacking elegance. I don't have a stake, because I sold my Khador before this was relevant, but I'm disappointed that the best you could do was price them out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by grungolah View Post
    Huge buff! According to formatting in the errata thread, all Mercenaries are now under the header Convergence.
    Sweet! Lucant with all the gunbunnies!

Development Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Krynik View Post
    I noticed some of the cards got new artwork. Caine2, Sword Knights, and the Gun Mage Captain Adept look really awesome, but the art change is only on the PDF. Will these be updated in WarRoom2? It's not a huge deal, but I really like the new artwork a lot better, especially for the Sword Knights.
    The new art will make it into war room -- but we felt getting the rules out to you guys as fast as possible was more important.

The art is coming... soon!
    Privateer's most excitable employee!

#ReadingIsFUNdamental

#TeamNeighSlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Pangur Ban View Post
    I'm in Europe. No way I'm buying POD cards by ones or twos, given the ridiculous shipping. Printing them out myself it is, though I'd definitely prefer real cards. I'd pay for them too, but not like this.
    We are exploring possible options for European POD services. We are hopeful that we will be able to locate a good source for all of our fellow players across the pond.

Development Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    My best guess as well, and I just did t notice?
    It was missing a Fire icon.
    Privateer's most excitable employee!

#ReadingIsFUNdamental

#TeamNeighSlayer

Destroyer of Worlds Stormpuppy_Infantry's Avatar

Well, for the Temporal Barrier, I understand that it is very annoying to against because I play Haley1 mostly(about 60+% times in MKII, and still playing her mostly), but is 8" area debuff to -2 SPD usable? It seems that it will be just drop that rather than keep it. If it affects some kind of movement denial, then it must be more powerful than a plain -2 SPD.
    You create your own destiny, and your lot in life is not fixed at birth.
    Truth is truth, regardless how bitter it is.
    Stormblade Infantry, fragile but versatile infantry.
    Clockwork Oracle, Warmachine&Hordes probability calculator for Android.
    RIP, Haley1 and Black 13th. You are my heroes in the dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonXVI View Post

So it will work exactly the same was as armor then. Armor has been much better than defense for a long time. It's time to let defense have a chance to shine as well. And this is coming from someone who plays factions that routinely have low defense and have used throws and slams against my own models for as long as they've been around.

For what little it's worth, I'll go ahead and say that I'm extremely disappointed by the decision to stop producing cards. There will now be additional time and trouble and at least a nominal additional cost (if I just print them at home on my black and white printer) in having cards to play with. I already struggle to get regular time for this hobby, and to be frank I don't need another tiresome task between me and getting things on the tabletop.

Yes, I know I could get a tablet, but I really would prefer not to spend the money on a device just for WMH, I don't like Warroom, and I prefer the physical cards in any case.

I have MK III cards, of course, so this doesn't stop me playing immediately, but I'm going to have to think very carefully about how long-term I'm still in for this game.

Anyway, I know this changes nothing and that my opinion is in the minority, but still - very disappointed that Privateer is going in this direction.
    Member: Terrible Hordes Players Local #648

Gettin' Kreoss killed with style since 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Pagani View Post
    It was missing a Fire icon.
    Got it. Thanks!

Destroyer of Worlds legionaires's Avatar

Not a fan of losing the option to Power Attack your own models because for years Skorne was told "the way to deal with High DEF models was to slam your own stuff over them". While I know that we haven't seen the Skorne changes yet, this doesn't inspire much hope for me personally. What happened now when a issue like that comes up again for any faction?
    Maudlin "I would go to any length for bacon"

Warmachine and Hordes Releases back to July 2005

The Axiomatic Judge DemonCalibre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxybrownmd View Post
    No changes to the TAC? Really?
    The change is pretty big, and mostly focused on bringing some models down in power, and trying to clean up some faction wide trouble(mad dog spam et all), I think they are going to get down into Guys that need help, but aren't a big wheel in the game at some point.
    No Pity for the Majority
    Judge since June 12, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Will View Post
    All the cards will be available following the official change over to the new Community Integrated Development system this summer.

As far as a searchable database we are currently exploring various options.
    Would it also be possible to investigate the option of a printer friendly version of the cards? Something with stats, text and rules but not including the unit picture or the background images? It kills me since I love the look of the new cards, but the amount of ink required for printing off a large number of cards at the moment would be staggering.

Destroyer of Worlds

I'd love to know why Haley2 gets something for something while others get nothing for something... Immune to KD on Haley2 isn't something I'd expect.

id she use time magic to throw the nerfs to her past self?

Quote Originally Posted by jisidro View Post
    I'd love to know why Haley2 gets something for something while others get nothing for something... Immune to KD on Haley2 isn't something I'd expect.

id she use time magic to throw the nerfs to her past self?
    ... that's awesomely fluffy. I love it!
    Uictoriam caeruleo bellatorum!

Current 'casters: Caine2, Nemo3, Stryker2, Haley2 and Haley3.

I know, I'm everything you hate about the Swans :P

By the way, since we were told the number of changes to the other factions, any chance we could get the number of changes for skorne, preferrably broken down into categories for warlocks, warbeasts, units and solos?

Quote Originally Posted by Couchapotamus View Post
    Would it also be possible to investigate the option of a printer friendly version of the cards? Something with stats, text and rules but not including the unit picture or the background images? It kills me since I love the look of the new cards, but the amount of ink required for printing off a large number of cards at the moment would be staggering.
    This is a very reasonable request.

It should be repeated.

Often.
    http://privateerpressforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic128076_1.gif

PP is shifting to a digital model with free pdfs and war room and making open betas of their product?

I cannot be any happier than this!!!
    I'm a skorne player, as such i'm unwilling to try different models within my faction and i'm stuck at mk2 list building by definition.

My painting page: https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonworkshop

Destroyer of Worlds Sardonic Artery's Avatar

Good errata overall.

Quote Originally Posted by lowinor View Post
    Conflict Chamber is updated with the errata changes.
    Thank you. Love that site. Appreciate that you had theme forces in place right away, too.
    Are Una2 and High Reclaimer fixed yet? Are Una2 and High Reclaimer fixed yet?

Oh, wait, they are? Man, PP, you just keep nailing it.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by legionaires View Post
    Not a fan of losing the option to Power Attack your own models because for years Skorne was told "the way to deal with High DEF models was to slam your own stuff over them". While I know that we haven't seen the Skorne changes yet, this doesn't inspire much hope for me personally. What happened now when a issue like that comes up again for any faction?
    Not gonna talking about the post errata options, but for non-casters infantry there is still an host of option, like feats, cavalry charge/backstrikes, slingers for -2 def, aoe, etc.

Def 17+ casters gonna need a bit more luck however. That being said, while it will be much harder, throwing your ennemy stuff on him should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patriot View Post
    This is a very reasonable request.

It should be repeated.

Often.
    We will be looking into printer friendly card options among our other options.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast