Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Will View Post
    Unless it's a Hungerford. That's like half a Will.

It should be fine (DON'T DO IT) because (WATCH YOURSELF) where there's a Will there's a way (BURN IN HELL YOU DAD JOKE LOVING FIEND!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaspysInhaler View Post
    Thanks for the response. Sarcasm is my common response to incredulity on this board.

http://handcannononline.com/blog/cat...ting/ironcast/

Destroyer of Worlds UmbrellaCorp487's Avatar

Hey Will's how about some of that tasty insight into why some known bottom of the barrel casters received no love this errata? I need hope for my trolls guys!
    Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan!

Quote Originally Posted by Almightyfoon View Post
    According to Primecast rules changes for Skorne are locked as of last(depending on when it was recorded) week? Soft date I'm thinking is 2ndish week of January? Am I in the ballpark there time wise? No need to to answer on a specific date, but a "Your in the ballpark" would be nice especially for those skorne players who are waiting with bated breath.
    We expect the Skorne errata to drop mid January.

I asked early on that you guys knock my socks off. You have delivered well.
    If the Skorne errata is anything like this consider me sockless.
    "Oh my lord here's a just reward, Bring me my devil, just behind the door"

Thanks for replying to my 3 questions. I was a bit surprised to see that Tartarus remained the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaede View Post
    Dude, the Gunner isn't even broken. It's just really good. If they left Hellmouth more or less alone the Gunner isn't in any danger. And most of the factions didn't see their crummy units get fixed.
    I would even say that Charger is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Shepherd
    My chief inclusions in a Constance Blaize list are Constance, and regret.

Can I ask for Azrael's card in the spirit of field testing?? Really want that.

Also, many thanks. Can't say i will give the Afflictor anymore credit but carry on. Really like the art for the new shredder card *prints out 8*. Nom

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Pagani View Post
    3: Have you seen the Man-O-War theme force?! (No, you haven't, because we haven't shown it yet!)
    Yeah, you sure showed that PP-fan that he has nothing on you rumbling around in the candy factory! ...

Development Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by zeno View Post
    Yeah, you sure showed that PP-fan that he has nothing on you rumbling around in the candy factory! ...
    I just get excited about things and want to talk about them... Then Shick or Jackson beats me over the head with a rolled up copy of my NDA and sprays me with a water bottle.
    Privateer's most excitable employee!

Quote Originally Posted by eathotlead View Post
    I'd love to hear a dev comment on whether the TAC and High Shields were indeed looked at and deemed acceptable.
    You could ask that about any model in the game that is considered to be below the curve and didn't get errataed though. PP aren't going to do a full analysis of every single non-errataed model in the game and explain why they didn't errata it. The answer will always be approximately the same: That that particular unit didn't stand out as being an appropriate candidate for errata at this time. Just "sucking" in the community opinion clearly isn't enough to get errataed - at least not in this first errata.

Unless it's a Hungerford. That's like half a Will.
    That may be true, but you fail to mention what the other half is.

Bees, it's bees.

Dude, the Gunner isn't even broken. It's just really good. If they left Hellmouth more or less alone the Gunner isn't in any danger. And most of the factions didn't see their crummy units get fixed.
    Oh, I agree. However, considering the rallying call to nerf them VIA point cost, I was kinda expecting the hit before anything else. And usually with units/models that are underpowered, I assumed they would probably be buffed VIA theme lists. However, with models such as TAC and Highsheilds, I couldn't think of almost anything else to actually push them to near playable.

Quote Originally Posted by boxybrownmd View Post
    Oh, I agree. However, considering the rallying call to nerf them VIA point cost, I was kinda expecting the hit before anything else. And usually with units/models that are underpowered, I assumed they would probably be buffed VIA theme lists. However, with models such as TAC and Highsheilds, I couldn't think of almost anything else to actually push them to near playable.
    Just because there is a forum outcry for something does not mean it will get actions against it. Otherwise, the entire game would have been burned to the ground.

Judge since April 25 2013
    Infernal since April 23 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    You are 100% getting a box made of bees, full of bees, delivered by bees, that barks bees directly into your mind.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by boxybrownmd View Post
    Well I did an entire post in the merc forum suggesting new points levels for the garbage stuff. It was a very long list so I'm with you on wishing they'd give them some love.

Well I did an entire post in the merc forum suggesting new points levels for the garbage stuff. It was a very long list so I'm with you on wishing they'd give them some love.
    Yea, I even saw that, and to be fair, even point costs couldn't save them.

Also DarkLegacy, I know that for most cases it wouldn't happen, but Mad Dogs/Karchev definitely had a large outcry along with Madrak/Wurmwood and look at them now? I am just saying that generally speaking, if there is really that much backlash against design, it tends to be up for change.

Destroyer of Worlds legionaires's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Pagini
    I just get excited about things and want to talk about them... Then Shick or Jackson beats me over the head with a rolled up copy of my NDA and sprays me with a water bottle.
    Pics or it didn't happen, lol. Or maybe that would be proof of an "abusive" work environment?
    Maudlin "I would go to any length for bacon"

Warmachine and Hordes Releases back to July 2005

Quote Originally Posted by legionaires View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen, lol. Or maybe that would be proof of an "abusive" work environment?
    No pictures. NDA prevents it.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

I like the errata, in the main, particularly removing power attack shenanigans. I really, really like the move to a more responsive development cycle.

Annihilator

I love how the Will's are constantly power attacking each other on the forums. A slam here. A throw there, and then one of them tramples over everything. Totally against the rules now surely.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Pagani View Post
    High defense is a perk of models that points are paid for with the intention of requiring high dice rolls to hit. There are many options inside of factions besides slamming or throwing your own models at things such as AOE attacks, spells (such as guided hand) or other things like electro-leap.
    I always figured the balance was that you had access to steady or sturdy models to use defensively to make this relevant. It really is the hardest pill to swallow that power attacks can no longer be used on friendly models. One of my favorite aspects of this game is that you could make use of the risk of hurting your own models to maybe creatively gain an advantage against your opponent. Thinking more outside the box rather than just stats and dice. No longer bowling your own jack to clear some infantry to gain LoS to a juicy support model in the back just takes a lot of the appeal away I have in the game.

Oh well, out with old and in with the new I guess.
    Khador was my first love, but Trollbloods are my heart

Annihilator

Which leads me to a rules question, can you trample over your own stuff now? I guess you can if you have flight!

Destroyer of Worlds UmbrellaCorp487's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanX View Post
    Which leads me to a rules question, can you trample over your own stuff now? I guess you can if you have flight!
    Tramples do not target, so go for it.
    Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan!

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson View Post
    No pictures. NDA prevents it.
    It stops you from showing a pick of him getting hit with papers and sprayed with water? Oddly specifically worded NDA there.

Menoth may have your soul,
    Cryx your corpse,
    But your life and loyalty,
    That belongs to Khador.

When will the Hurricane be released?

I was really hoping for a slight Stormlance nerf, or for the rest of Cygnar's units to increase in survivability so that every list building thread wouldn't end with "Just take a max unit of Stormlances"

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson View Post
    We also plan to have a Print on Demand option as others have pointed out. We want to make sure there are a breadth of options.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamisonKrig View Post
    You'll be able to just print the cards yourself and put them in card slips if you'd like. Would you rather they make you pay for the the new ones every year?
    I am quite upset about the loss of physical cards. Having a print on demand service is great in theory, but with your outrageous cost of shipping to Canada... Single Card: $0.50 + $13.00 for Shipping. There is a reason I never bought cards from the online store in the past.

So to answer your question... YES, I would rather buy new ones every year. At least I'd be able to get them from my local game store....

While I am excited about free cards and stats, I must say that it causes me some worries.
    One, what will POD card pricing be like? Even just shipping cost. I play this game on a tight budget and I really like physical cards.
    Two, you've explicitly stated that posting rules on the forums is OK, but what about other locations? I don't see why you would continue a ban on rules on sites like conflict chamber and battlecollege but not here. Please be more specific on this new policy, and if it will continue to be banned in other locations, please explain your reasoning.
    Finally, does this mean that all War Room faction decks are available for free? And if so, how will purchasers of the faction decks be compensated for the product they bought that is now public information?
    Cygnar: Four 'Casters and 102 points painted
    Retribution: Two painted 'Casters and 112 points painted

I love how the Will's are constantly power attacking each other on the forums. A slam here. A throw there, and then one of them tramples over everything. Totally against the rules now surely.
    Ahem
    <Movie Guy Voice>These Wills don't play by the rules!</Movie Guy Voice>

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Glazed Donut View Post
    While I am excited about free cards and stats, I must say that it causes me some worries.
    One, what will POD card pricing be like? Even just shipping cost. I play this game on a tight budget and I really like physical cards.
    Two, you've explicitly stated that posting rules on the forums is OK, but what about other locations? I don't see why you would continue a ban on rules on sites like conflict chamber and battlecollege but not here. Please be more specific on this new policy, and if it will continue to be banned in other locations, please explain your reasoning.
    Finally, does this mean that all War Room faction decks are available for free? And if so, how will purchasers of the faction decks be compensated for the product they bought that is now public information?
    As said, it is only on our forums. War Room 2 faction decks have and will cost the same. You're paying for the app and everything that comes with it beyond just the cards.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Glazed Donut View Post
    War Room wasn't free to develop in the first place. Why would they give out decks for free?
    Uictoriam caeruleo bellatorum!

Current 'casters: Caine2, Nemo3, Stryker2, Haley2 and Haley3.

I know, I'm everything you hate about the Swans :P

Destroyer of Worlds perilsensitive's Avatar

Ahem
    <Movie Guy Voice>These Wills don't play by the rules!</Movie Guy Voice>

There is an outcry of players fearing that PP is going the way of GW. This is currently evident with command books being staggered releases (much like codexs) and now an entire kit made unplayable because it was good in one list. Not only that but, a decrease in complexities of the rules makes things simpler and more dumb'ed down. If there are this many changes only 6 months after the release of mk3 why release mk3 to begin with?
    Khador 450 Pts (Sorscha1, Sorscha2, Irusk1, Butcher1, Kozlov1, Karchev1)
    Mercenaries 107 Pts (Magnus1, Ashylnn1)
    Minions 8 Pts
    Latest Addition: Conquest/Victor Kit (1), Juggernaut (3), Juggernaut (4), Marauder (2), Rager (1), Shocktroop Officer (1)

Quote Originally Posted by eathotlead View Post
    I'd love to hear a dev comment on whether the TAC and High Shields were indeed looked at and deemed acceptable.

Maybe an upcoming theme force or solo or attachment will help one or both.
    This, the TAC are so darn cool looking, but I keep holding off on buying them becasue I don't see much use for them in game.

That is assuming they are friendly.

Destroyer of Worlds still-young's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detharious View Post
    There is an outcry of players fearing that PP is going the way of GW. This is currently evident with command books being staggered releases (much like codexs) and now an entire kit made unplayable because it was good in one list. Not only that but, a decrease in complexities of the rules makes things simpler and more dumb'ed down. If there are this many changes only 6 months after the release of mk3 why release mk3 to begin with?
    I've not seen an edition change in any game that was perfect, and didn't need some erratas afterwards. Things will always be missed in a complex ruleset.

Staggered releases within months of each other is not the same as a Codex every three months to a year. A kit was toned down. The complexities of the rules are not simplified or dumbed down, but made streamlined to get the intent of what the game should be. It is not Games Workshop, not in the slightest.

Judge since April 25 2013
    Infernal since April 23 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    You are 100% getting a box made of bees, full of bees, delivered by bees, that barks bees directly into your mind.

Annihilator

Clearly there are different factions at PP. For instance, you have the Will Faction, and then there is Faction Will. Finally there is clearly Pagani Faction, which from the looks of it, is roughly the equivalent of Skorne. (at least for a couple more weeks anyway).

Annihilator

I'd like to know where the bottom 5% changes went. Did you honestly believe nothing in Cygnar, Mercs or Protectorate deserved a buff? None of the models that are EVER taken because they're so bad deserved improvements?

Destroyer of Worlds

That outcry started somewhere around 2010. Only the reason to believe so have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkwisely View Post
    I'd like to know where the bottom 5% changes went. Did you honestly believe nothing in Cygnar, Mercs or Protectorate deserved a buff? None of the models that are EVER taken because they're so bad deserved improvements?
    This. What happened to the buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by perilsensitive View Post
    So we think Arm18 with Impervious Flesh and 10 boxes for 6 points is ok?
    Yes. Play against it a few times and you'll figure out it's fine.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast