Default Press Ganger Jobs

Hi,

I was wondering what you guys expect a pressganger to do for your local community and to what extend. Like should he run tournaments only? Only highlevel events? Demos? Entry games? Leagues? Etc.

Destroyer of Worlds Spinballwizard's Avatar

The correct answer is "yes."

Here's what I've done in the past year, for instance:
    -Local Steamroller every 4-6 weeks or so (varying levels of competition)
    -2 Journeyman leagues (1 Mk2, 1 new edition)
    -Multiple demos (only a couple actually scheduled)
    -A smattering of small casual events on my weekly game nights
    -Convention support (Michigan GT, Warmachine Weekend)

That doesn't count my coordination efforts with stores, advertising, and instances of going up to people in-store and gauging interest. Or just random chats with people about just about anything because I get carried away with my passion for the game at times.

Other PGs hold themselves to different standards, but that's what I aim for.
    [Khador] [Circle Orboros] [Retribution of Scyrah] [Cygnar] [Legion of Everblight] [Cryx]

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Will View Post
    Tenacity has gone the way of Dodo.
    Organizer of the Gamer's Gauntlet Championship Series in Southeast Michigan

So, if my PG doesn't run an event (1 top level maybe) does no demos, does not want to participate in demos or events for beginners, only beeing a PG for prestige, goodies and information, what should I do?

It seems rather problematic to me. The community gets more and more toxic as casual players are bullied out etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoden View Post
    So, if my PG doesn't run an event (1 top level maybe) does no demos, does not want to participate in demos or events for beginners, only beeing a PG for prestige, goodies and information, what should I do?

It seems rather problematic to me. The community gets more and more toxic as casual players are bullied out etc.
    Reach out to our Quartermaster James. He can be reached at quartermaster@privateerpress.com
    As enigmatic as excitable.