Default Bounce or Scuttering Swarm Landing in Force Field

If a weapon with Bounce or Scuttering Swarm lands in the control area of a warcaster with Force Field active can the chosen direction of the additional deviation be the 3, 4, or 5?

Destroyer of Worlds

Force field has always been ruled to mean you need to pick a direction you could have normally picked(people have asked if they need to respect the 1-6 directions or could literally pick anything)

I'm not sure whether this can be extended to this more specific interaction though.

They don't specifically mention each other, but they also don't exactly use can/cannot language.

Personally, I'd err on the more cautious side and say you can pick the direction, but only one of the directions it could normally go.

Let me ask my question a different way. Since the RAW states that I pick the deviation direction with Force Field and Scuttering Swarm and Bounce change they way the dice determine direction. When I choose the Direction 4 for deviation does the AOE go to the 6 O'Clock or the 2 O'Clock?

For example:

The Sea King Shoots his Vomit Swarm from 8 in away at Adeptis Rahn and misses. The Sea King's player rolls 4 for both distances and Rahn's Player picks Direction 4 for both deviations. Would the second deviation be centered on the Sea King or would it have gone 4" to the 4 then 4" to the 2?

RAW:

(Scuttering Swarm) [Bounce]- After Determining the point of impart, roll deviation for for one additional 3" AOE from that point. On a roll of 1 or 2, the additional AOE deviates in direction 1. On a roll of 3 or 4, it deviates in direction 2. On roll of 5 or 6, it deviates in direction 6. (A model hit by the additional AOE suffers a POW 7 blast damage roll and the Corrosion continuous affect .) [A model hit by the additional AOE suffers a POW 10 blast damage roll]

(Force Field) [Force Mastery]- (The spellcaster) [This model] does not suffer blast or collateral damage and cannot become knocked down. When an enemy AOE ranged attack deviates from a point in this models control range, after the deviation distance is rolled you choose the deviation direction.
    Last edited by DarthEant; 01-10-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Destroyer of Worlds

Your first post and second post don't seem to be asking the same question, so I must be misunderstanding you somewhere.

The second template has the same orientation as the first.
    Based on previous rulings, I believe you can only pick direction 1, 2 or 6.(this is a shaky extension of a ruling though, it's not directly transferable)

Hopefully one of those answers you
    Last edited by Nerzule; 01-10-2017 at 10:09 AM.