Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    65

    Default New pieces! Give me some lists and strategies.

    Hey guys, I just got a bunch of new pieces for Christmas. Here's my full list of models:

    Lylyth 1
    Kryssa
    Carnivean
    Ravagore
    Neraph
    Raek
    Nephilim Bolt Thrower
    Shredders (6)
    Blight Wasps (4)
    Nyss Blight Blades (6)
    Blighted Nyss Archers (10)
    Blighted Nyss Swordsman (10)
    Blighted Ogrun Warspears (5)


    So, give me some lists! High and low points. And let me know how they should be used! Also, what pieces should I look at getting next? More Infantry? Another Warbeast? A different Caster? Looking forward to replies!
    Last edited by Davycannonhound; 01-04-2017 at 07:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Angelius.
    Archer UA
    Warspears UA
    Magnetised heavy dragons pawn kit (Sythean/carnivian/ravagore)

    Death stalkers
    shepherds
    Forsaken

    Hellmouth

    Lots of play. Then a new caster. Repeat.

  3. #3
    Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanX View Post
    Angelius.
    Archer UA
    Warspears UA
    Magnetised heavy dragons pawn kit (Sythean/carnivian/ravagore)

    Death stalkers
    shepherds
    Forsaken

    Hellmouth

    Lots of play. Then a new caster. Repeat.

    New lists?

  4. #4
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Start off with Lilith, the carnivarian, the ravagore, and the booth thrower. Fill out with whatever else you want and test thinrbs out.

  5. #5
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    807

    Default

    List wise, how many points are you playing against?

    Playing battle box games is a great start. Then build up from there.

    Lylth1 with 4 Shredders and a Carnivean is actually quite fun. (31 points I don't think Lylth1 is +31 in Mk3 but not sure!)
    Kryssa1 is 2 Shredders, Neraph and A NBT is also a fun challenge against the other battle boxes.

    To either of those lists - you could add a unit (15 points for the swordsmen is pretty cool) and try that out.


    It depends how many opponents you have and what they want to play.

  6. #6
    Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanX View Post
    List wise, how many points are you playing against?

    Playing battle box games is a great start. Then build up from there.

    Lylth1 with 4 Shredders and a Carnivean is actually quite fun. (31 points I don't think Lylth1 is +31 in Mk3 but not sure!)
    Kryssa1 is 2 Shredders, Neraph and A NBT is also a fun challenge against the other battle boxes.

    To either of those lists - you could add a unit (15 points for the swordsmen is pretty cool) and try that out.


    It depends how many opponents you have and what they want to play.
    I mostly play my friend who plays Circle. There are three other guys, but they are rarely available. One plays Menoth as his secondary faction (Legion Main), one plays Trollbloods, and one plays Cygnar.

  7. #7
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Cool. When I started in mk2, we played a lot of battlebox, then games with battle box plus a unit, (because we had the legion vs circle 2 player set) they were fun. In today's money, 0 point games, followed by 15 point games. We then went on to 25 point mk2 games (which are 35 points now?)

    So would take battlebox, and unit and a beast plus support solo.

    Say Lylth1, 4 shredders, carnivian, ravagore and the warspears plus a shepherd, and try it. (It will frenzy a lot...) if you play it a few times you'll work out what you like and what you don't like pretty fast! Against circle, Lylth is strong I think. Paracyite, her feat, are very good. Free charges with flanking shredders is very powerful. You have a good mix of other opponents too. I still die to good Cygnar players a lot. Trolls and Menoth I have good games against though. Most of use don't run shredder swarm for long, (you should try shopping 2 of a Raek it will make fury managment much easier.). They key think though isn't a good list, I think it's learning what works well together that you like playing.

  8. #8
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Lylyth at 0 points can only take 2 shredders I think. 3 at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by sathoon View Post
    I'm starting to see proteus as the golden retriever/collie cross of the legion beast 'vean' family: he's very loyal if a little soft round the edges at times, likes to herd other dragonspawn, and is always dragging things back to his warlock's army line looking for praise.

  9. #9
    Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaildin View Post
    Lylyth at 0 points can only take 2 shredders I think. 3 at most.
    Shredders are worth 4 points each. Lyllith is +30.

  10. #10
    Conqueror Mallios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davycannonhound View Post
    Shredders are worth 4 points each. Lyllith is +30.
    I think Vaildin means "with a Carnivean" because the mk2 box is Lylyth1, a Carnivean, and 4 Shredders.

  11. #11
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mallios View Post
    I think Vaildin means "with a Carnivean" because the mk2 box is Lylyth1, a Carnivean, and 4 Shredders.
    That is indeed what I meant. Your ESP seems to be working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sathoon View Post
    I'm starting to see proteus as the golden retriever/collie cross of the legion beast 'vean' family: he's very loyal if a little soft round the edges at times, likes to herd other dragonspawn, and is always dragging things back to his warlock's army line looking for praise.

  12. #12
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    807

    Default

    I didn't check the points I just (foolishly) assumed that the old battle box would be something like right. Sorry.

    Still, shredders are great if they can charge for free *because it gets them an extra boosted attack* Or an Extra attack. So with a bigger beasty a shredder can do a good job unjamming its bigger beasty friend which can then go do some proper work. (if the shredder is not in the way) Or the Shredder can do those last few boxes. PS10+4DG is about 23 damage on average - which is pretty cool and can spike nicely.

    Ways to make Shredders charge free.

    Abby1 (with an upkeep...)
    Abby2 (Just all the time)
    Beast Mistress
    Lylth1

    I think that's it. So I think Shredders are best with these.

  13. #13
    Conqueror Mallios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaildin View Post
    That is indeed what I meant. Your ESP seems to be working fine.
    Blightsense. You mean Blightsense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •