Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Destroyer of Worlds Sardonic Artery's Avatar

Default It's Cool, You Can Release the Skorne Update Now

I mean it is 2017 and I waited a good 19 hours to post this...
    The nicest signature I'm ever gonna have: Excellent work on Skorne, PP.

I think you need a hobby

You mean like building, painting, and playing with miniatures?

Yup, sounds like a great hobby.

Pffft, nerds.

As for Skorne, ''it's done when it's done''? I mean...you want it done properly right?
    Last edited by n00buaddib; 01-01-2017 at 10:07 PM.

If people could put rainbows in zoos, they'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by n00buaddib View Post
    Pffft, nerds.

As for Skorne, ''it's done when it's done''? I mean...you want it done properly right?
    Yar, but we're in this position because Skorne wasn't done properly (you could argue that's been the case since the end of MK1).

Destroyer of Worlds Octavius_Maximus's Avatar

Theme forces first!

Quote Originally Posted by octavius_maximus View Post
    theme forces first!
    man-o-war!

I also grant my permission, but if you guys release it at the 13th I would love it as a birthday gift.
    There is nothing living that cannot be felled.

Destroyer of Worlds

Look at the cryx anti-gunline update. You do NOT want a Skorne update like that. Give them time, perhaps they will make something out of it.

Conqueror

Well the changes themselves have been locked in for some time now so the quality of the rules changes themselves would not be impacted. And while I wish they'd just release the damn thing I totally see why they don't. There's just too much PR that hinges on the release of this pdf. They need to ensure the release goes as smooth as possible with Release Notes and Q+A.

Perhaps you should stare into the mirror and chant "Cygnar OP!" 10 times.

It might help.

Oh, you all thought it was released in 2017.

It was a misprint, the Skorne Errata is coming in 2071.
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 29W/0D/5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    Perhaps you should stare into the mirror and chant "Cygnar OP!" 10 times.

It might help.

The only effect would be them nerfing Haley2 and she using her time control abilities to deflect the nerf on her past self.
    http://privateerpressforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic114488_4.gif
    R.I.P. Page 5... We miss you.
    You can find my painting blog HERE!

Yeah, i'm really eager to see the Skorne update. I have a feeling it will be later in the month as i think the staff is only just today filtering back into the office for the most part, but definitely can't wait to see New Skorne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmike View Post
    Haight, you are the hero Cygnar deserves.
    "The objective is to win, the point is to have fun." -- Not Dice
    Former Infernal, 2008 - 2012.

What I play: Cygnar, Circle, Minions, Mercs (Ceph, Rhul), Retribution, & Skorne.

Mod Voice.

Destroyer of Worlds

I know of a tournament that will be mighty awkward if the errata drop before sunday . Bonus point if it's between thursday and sunday.

I still can't wait for it. I sort of think it will be very different from the spoil, but we will see.

Annihilator

I blame all the Wills for this insufferable wait!

Annihilator

To be fair, we got the other errata a month early (which was a wonderful holiday surprise!).
    I do the hobbies! All glory to the hobby gods! (for those interested in Pathfinder, Eberron, Warmachine/Hordes please take a look at my blog 4d6kobolds!)

I wrote some quick reference docs for Warmachine mkIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzapper View Post
    To be fair, we got the other errata a month early (which was a wonderful holiday surprise!).
    The Cygnar errata certainly was a holiday surprise. I'm running out of shelf space

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    I know of a tournament that will be mighty awkward if the errata drop before sunday . Bonus point if it's between thursday and sunday.

I still can't wait for it. I sort of think it will be very different from the spoil, but we will see.
    Really hoping for Friday, so I can go into a tournament blind.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by 6_Focus View Post
    The Cygnar errata certainly was a holiday surprise. I'm running out of shelf space
    at least you have shelf space...

*looks at cryx army*

/s

They only release stuff on Wednesdays.
    I play Khador, Minions, and Cryx.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Look at the cryx anti-gunline update. You do NOT want a Skorne update like that. Give them time, perhaps they will make something out of it.
    But... but... there's already been #3YearsPlaytesting!

Sorry, couldn't resist, but sadly, if the Skorne changes aren't good by now, a couple more weeks of finalizing the changes won't help now.

Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPup View Post
    I blame all the Wills for this insufferable wait!
    You are doing it correctly.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    You are doing it correctly.
    You got any of them Skorne spoilers?

Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fabint View Post
    You got any of them Skorne spoilers?
    Nothing new to discuss just yet beyond a lot of the info y'all already know. It's a big BIG update, and I gotta say y'all, I honestly think you're going to be really pleased with the outcome. We know the importance of nailing this, and a ton of work has been put in to make sure that the end result of Skorne is something you're going to want to play for years.

That aside, I know you wanted a spoiler so ummmm ... well. I don't have one to give you. How about this? Have you ever seen the original Dominar Rasheth concept art, with him standing up? It's pretty freaking awesome if you ask me, I feel like if he ever got off his butt and wanted to go hand to hand with someone he'd hundred-hand-slap their face clean off.

dominar_rasheth_page_1_by_cwalton73.jpg

Destroyer of Worlds

That's actually a very cool concept art. He look ... different. More threatening. It's the Rasheth who is contraried and will make sure you don't stand in his way again.

He also look a lot like a willbreaker that way. I had never considered that Rasheth is basically a willbreaker in warlock form.

Formerly madrab princessprettyposies's Avatar

Any concept art of morghoul3? :-p
    Best Kilt award at WTC2013 (suck it scotland!)
    WTC Committee Member 2014 - 2016
    WTC Host Nation Organizing Committee Member 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Welshhoppo View Post
    Oh, you all thought it was released in 2017.

It was a misprint, the Skorne Errata is coming in 2071.
    Reporting from the state of WarmaHordes in 2071, I can say this is entirely true. The Skorne errata just dropped, and it was totally worth the wait.

Sure, some people say it's strange that the bases of the Skorne army didn't change at all from the initial Mk3 release, even after three-and-a-half more edition changes, but we know Privateer Press just wanted to take their time getting it right.

Be interesting to see how it faces up against the current meta boogeymen, though. I think they'll struggle against Haley+Deneghra7, especially with Cygnar, but they're kind of OP anyway (the whole two-opposing-souls-in-one-body thing is cool in the fiction but the tabletop realization is a bit wonky), but they should have game into any version of Durst, Rawhead3, and most of the Orgoth leaders.

Personally, I'm planning on bringing Thagrosh4 (if I can assemble the damn model) and Caeldrynn2 with as many Malakhim and Hellhooks as possible. For Convergence I'll bring Aleph1 with a pair of PDMs to bombard them with servitors from a safe distance and /0 for the finishing blow, and I'll see if I can find all of the drones for Aurora3 and bring her with Clockwork Heralds, Divisors and the Trivium to screw up their buffs and hit-and-run for days.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffiest View Post
    Personally, I'm planning on bringing Thagrosh4 (if I can assemble the damn model) .
    Is that true that he is on a 120m base ?

Hes actually on a 120 base on a 50mm base on a 40 mm base on a 30mm base. Being our first dragoon battle engine caster with a recursive effect through his ability anthac revival has really changed the game. Its hard enough chewing through 40 boxes through the 4 forms, especially with the loss of greivous wounds way back in 2016. On the plus side the battlemage hover cav were just spoiled!
    Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.

You're thinking of Thagrosh3. Thagrosh4 is after he's had most of the Athanc taken out and implanted into Kallus because he was this close to exploding into a mass of tentacles and mouths. Thags4 is just a really fiddly model because the remains of his wings are so spindly you practically need to pin every single bone or they snap off in the carry case. At least the overhang is all at the back of the model, unlike bloody Kryssa2 who keeps falling over because her fire is too heavy. I had to glue a strip of lead to the underside of the base.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Ahrairah View Post
    Hes actually on a 120 base on a 50mm base on a 40 mm base on a 30mm base. Being our first dragoon battle engine caster with a recursive effect through his ability anthac revival has really changed the game. Its hard enough chewing through 40 boxes through the 4 forms, especially with the loss of greivous wounds way back in 2016. On the plus side the battlemage hover cav were just spoiled!
    This was a good post. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by El-Ahrairah View Post
    Much as I'm still not 100% a fan of Cygnar, I like the new hover-stuff. It was stepping on the Convergence's toes a bit (ok, a lot) when it started, but PP have done a really good job of drawing a clear dividing line between the factions. Cygnar are the science-tech-and-electricity faction, while the Convergence aren't so much developing technology as they are skipping over the entire R&D portion of things and going straight to the singularity by copying the designs of a planet-sized supercomputer that got there first. Cygnar saw a screw and built an better screwdriver, the Convergence downloaded the design for a magnetohydrodynamic transfixion unit percussor and then decided that everything looks like a nail. Which is why Cygnar have lightning guns and hoverboards, and the Convergence have clockwork replicator swarms that eat their own models if you're not careful and a light artillery piece that moves the terrain. Cygnar stuff just works, Convergence stuff requires you to get a bunch of oddly-shaped pieces lined up just right and then wrecks face like nothing else.

Destroyer of Worlds

I don't even play skorne and I want to see these spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffiest View Post
    You're thinking of Thagrosh3. Thagrosh4 is after he's had most of the Athanc taken out and implanted into Kallus because he was this close to exploding into a mass of tentacles and mouths. Thags4 is just a really fiddly model because the remains of his wings are so spindly you practically need to pin every single bone or they snap off in the carry case. At least the overhang is all at the back of the model, unlike bloody Kryssa2 who keeps falling over because her fire is too heavy. I had to glue a strip of lead to the underside of the base.

I'm not going to lie, I read tentacles as testicles and it made the whole thing sound nasty.
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 29W/0D/5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Nothing new to discuss just yet beyond a lot of the info y'all already know. It's a big BIG update, and I gotta say y'all, I honestly think you're going to be really pleased with the outcome. We know the importance of nailing this, and a ton of work has been put in to make sure that the end result of Skorne is something you're going to want to play for years.

That aside, I know you wanted a spoiler so ummmm ... well. I don't have one to give you. How about this? Have you ever seen the original Dominar Rasheth concept art, with him standing up? It's pretty freaking awesome if you ask me, I feel like if he ever got off his butt and wanted to go hand to hand with someone he'd hundred-hand-slap their face clean off.

dominar_rasheth_page_1_by_cwalton73.jpg
    That art is really cool! Thank you, i love everything about art .
    I'm a skorne player, as such i'm unwilling to try different models within my faction and i'm stuck at mk2 list building by definition.

My painting page: https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonworkshop

I played Skorne in MK1 and sold them off at the start of MK2.

I want to jump back in for MK3 because I am a glutton for punishment (note: I was planning this even before errata announced, but now I am waiting).

Release the damn thing already! Or at least give me my damn Man o War theme to hold me over.

So, we figured it would be fun to give you something a fair bit early due to...reasons. (You know who you are. YOU KNOW!)

Here's the Skorne Command book Cover:

Skorne Command Book Cover.jpg

Enjoy~
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast