Default Does anyone make their own templates?

With the "Wall Template" discussion in another thread, I got curious. Since I'm more likely to make my templates than buy them, I wondered if anyone else out there does the same?

If you've made your own Wall, Spray, or AoE templates, or Wreck Markers, feel free to post them here! I'd love to see what you've done! =)
    Entropy in oneness ~Alexander the Gamer

I recent picked up a laser cutter, and I'm starting to play around with it.

So far I have mainly made tokens etc. I'm not a graphics artist so there has been a steep learning curve. (On top of having to rewire the whole thing...)

That said, one of the reasons I have not started making a lot of template yet, is I'm unsure of what is generally accepted in terms of tolerances. There is a difference between a 30 mm proxy base, a 30 mm PP base, and 30 mm based on a set of dial calipers. It can be a difference of maybe 2 mm at times.

What do other people generally find as an acceptable tolerance with regard to different templates?

My Strakov list can throw out a lot of 'remains for 1 round' templates; I wanted to be sure I could tell which one is which, and thought it would make a fun minor project.

Here's Strakov's Cinder Bomb:

Assault Kommando gas grenades (the brown part matches the gaming table I use most often):

Torch's Targeting Flares:

And finally a Kodiak steam cloud:

(I also have a standard smoke cloud for Gorman, but there is a 4 picture limit, and it doesn't warrent a separate post...)
    I know violence isn't the answer-
    I got it wrong on purpose!

Cool templates, Adeptus-B! You don't happen to have a wall template too, do you?

Darrwood, I know nothing about laser cutters, but I'd love to get one to experiment with. If you're feeling brave, I'd like to see what you can do! =)

Annihilator

Very nice Adeptus-B! What did you use for effects on top of the templates? It looks like sand on the bottom and something else to give them texture.

For the ones with visible ground showing, I glued on sand (to match the game table). The gas/clouds were 'drawn' on with plain old Elmer's glue, applied in two layers (allowing to cure in between) for maximum embossing; once that set up completely, I sprayed the cloud ones with textured spraypaint.
    I know violence isn't the answer-
    I got it wrong on purpose!

Annihilator

That's awesome and simple! Thanks Adeptus-B.

I used a 3D printer to make wall templates, measuring widgets, and arc marker guides, sell them to my local guys too and give some away as prize support.

Nothing fancy, but I did some templates from 3mm hard foam:

They are made easy (cut with sharp knife along steel ruler, and a circle cutter for my drillpress) and very handy.
    In addition I don't have to fear paint chips.

Do you have photos of your work, PG_Droideka?

Jacobi, that's a really good idea! I hadn't thought about making them the way you did..