Thread: Siege advice

Default Siege advice

So found myself playing around in war room and put this together. Always loved Siege, but wanted to get some thoughts on this list before heading to the local shop this weekend.

War Room Army

Cygnar - Siege 75

Theme: No Theme Selected
    75 / 75 Army

Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane - WJ: +28
    - Squire - PC: 5
    - Defender - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
    - Defender - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
    - Triumph - PC: 20
    - Avenger - PC: 17

Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 6
    Trencher Master Gunner - PC: 4
    Trencher Master Gunner - PC: 4
    Trench Buster - PC: 6

Rangers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9

---

GENERATED : 01/02/2017 23:21:15
    BUILD ID : 2032.16-12-16

Destroyer of Worlds Stormpuppy_Infantry's Avatar

First, you better drop some jacks. Brisbane has not much focus, and you can replace some of them by Hunter. Hunter's Armor Piercing round is not affected by his feat but anyway the feat affects a model only once. And the most target that of them will be durable enough to withstand one anti armor ranged attack.

It is better to drop Triumph first. Although it have a benefit when used by Brisbane, it is too costy but its performance is no more than the inferior Defender. You can get a Defender, which is actually superior than Triumph, much cheaper points. And you don't need an upgrade kit if you want to make a Defender. Unless you need a bunch of ranged weapon with Damage Type: Magical to against Wind Wall caster or Protectorate warjacks by Brisbane(because its gun gain Magical by Bond), just forget about it.

I don't know your expenses limit, but a Stormwall is simply better than two Defenders. Two Defenders have two RNG 16 POW 15 guns and two RNG 1 P+S 17 melee weapon with Cortex Damage. But a Stormwall has two RNG 14 POW 15 guns and two RNG 2 P+S 20 melee weapons with Electro-Leap, and it can put two Sustained Fire wall template and one Lightning Pod each turn. I recommend to replace a Defender to Hunter, or just buy a Stormwall. Although it is not the time to buy the colossal because Stormwall/Hurricane kit will be released not too far.

You better have a Journeyman Warcaster to cast Arcane Shield on your warjack.

What's the point of Master Gunner, Rangers and Finn? All of your fighting force are warjacks and you have not much left. Then is there much reason to take both Rangers and Master Gunner? Also how you want to use Finn and Buster? Because there is no Trencher unit so Buster have no unit to protect. Finn can work along so that's fine, but is there much merit to use him in this list?

So, what about these?

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11b91ax...a4fMfM9f9f9U9V

Cygnar Army - 74 / 75 points

(Brisbane 1) Major Markus "Siege" Brisbane [+28]
    - Avenger [17]
    - Defender [16]
    - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
    Journeyman Warcaster [4]
    - Hunter [11]
    Rangers [9]
    Arcane Tempest Rifleman [4]
    Horgenhold Artillery Corps [6]
    Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
    - Trencher Infantry Officer & Sniper [5]

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11b91c09E7iaj9k9U9VfMfM

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points

- Stormwall [39]
    - Defender [16]
    Journeyman Warcaster [4]
    - Hunter [11]
    http://conflictchamber.com/#b11b919E...al9f9f9u9Z9ZdH

- Defender [16]
    - Avenger [17]
    - Hunter [11]
    Journeyman Warcaster [4]
    - Hunter [11]
    Trencher Master Gunner [4]
    Ragman [4]
    Trencher Chain Gun Crew [5]
    Trencher Chain Gun Crew [5]
    Gobber Tinker [2]

If you want many jacks then....
    You create your own destiny, and your lot in life is not fixed at birth.
    Truth is truth, regardless how bitter it is.
    Stormblade Infantry, fragile but versatile infantry.
    Clockwork Oracle, Warmachine&Hordes probability calculator for Android.
    RIP, Haley1 and Black 13th. You are my heroes in the dark times.

The master gunners are there to buff Triumph and the avenger, the rangers to buff everyone. Finn is mostly an option to chew through infantry. The buster primarily to protect either Siege or Finn, and to give the option for a P+S 14 charge with 4 dice, possibly against half armor strength.

I am honestly fine with Triumph on Siege; with the master gunner and higher rat I consider it mostly a very heavy sniper jack with shield guard, which Siege loves. The defender or avenger, etc are still critical for keeping some melee though.

Since you are running Max and the Trench Buster, maybe consider some trenchers for them to play with? Siege also has use for their CRA on feat if they aren't clearing infantry, well, keeping stuff off of him for a turn or two frankly considering how far up he has to play for his spells.

I'm personally hesitant to run more than 2 heavies in a Siege list as having at least one CRA leader is super nice. Plus, trenchers for clouds are great with him as his BG can ignore them due to mage sight.

Also a big fan of JR. AS on the trenchers makes them way harder to remove and you can swap it to Siege when you need it there.

Strongly suggest dropping one defender for trenchers.

Also, assuming you've already read the discussion in this thread for more thoughts: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...cussion-Thread
    Last edited by iratebanana; 01-03-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    Positioning! Slowly getting better at gauging what 6, 10, and 12 inches are by eye.

it looks like you are trying to make a gun line... the problem with gun lines is in general the dont do as great in melee... with this list I fine that for the most part this I can hold zones, push the enemy out of zones and in general stay out of melee! So this is just some food for thought!

Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane - WJ: +28
    - Charger - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
    - Defender - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
    - Triumph - PC: 20 (Battlegroup Points Used: 3)

Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4
    Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
    - Hunter - PC: 11
    - Hunter - PC: 11

Arcane Tempest Gun Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11
    - Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - PC: 4
    - Cyclone - PC: 13

Working on the intricacies of a Siege list as well. You could get a Trencher Cannon Crew, which would be able to take full advantage of the Trencher Master Gunner's actions (+2 to RAT, additional ranged attack, or arcing fire). It's cheaper than a heavy warjack. You will have to run it on the 1st (maybe on the 2nd) turn, but it does have a decent range of 13. Plus, it's a POW 13, and on Siege's feat, on say a normal Khador warjack that hasn't been attacked yet, it's dice + 3 on 3 dice if it's a direct hit. Just some food for thought there.

And, here is what my list has morphed into so far for ideas:

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11b917i...9U9VfMamaj9zal

- Defender [16]
    - Ironclad [12]
    Tempest Blazers (max) [18]
    Trencher Cannon Crew [6]
    Captain Maxwell Finn [6]
    Journeyman Warcaster [4]
    - Sentinel [8]
    Trencher Master Gunner [4]
    Get busy liv...wait, that's not it. The ability to destroy a planet it insigni...no, wrong galaxy. In brightest day, in darkest...no, too green. Transform and roll...not going that way either. He who must not be....seriouly, why would I write that. I got it...."Tank this, Bub!"