Thread: Ashlynn in MK3

Default Ashlynn in MK3

Hey!

I was just wondering, which where the reasons behind Ashlynn getting, well let's just say she didn't really get better. And it seems as though the game evolved around her to make her a less favourable pick these days.

I had a lot of fun with her in MK2 and think she was a valid choice back then, yet everytime I drop her in MK3 she seems to struggle. Was it because of Gibbs or an upcoming theme that she lost quickdraw or the 2" on disstraction?

I appreciate her getting 1" melee though

Destroyer of Worlds

IDK, not being able to slam your own models into her anymore makes that def17 really really good.....

Destroyer of Worlds Martyr of the Cause's Avatar

Gaining Dual Attack is pretty strong. It allows her to go melee all she likes while still shooting OUT of the melee to hit someone else 12" away. Plus she gained +1 ARM and has 1" Reach now.
    I don't think losing Quick Draw makes all that much difference.
    The Eternally Loyal,
    Martyr of the Cause

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr of the Cause View Post
    Gaining Dual Attack is pretty strong. It allows her to go melee all she likes while still shooting OUT of the melee to hit someone else 12" away. Plus she gained +1 ARM and has 1" Reach now.
    I don't think losing Quick Draw makes all that much difference.
    You are correct on all these points except for the armor. She was already armor 15 in MK2

Gibbs is a very good buff for her though

Destroyer of Worlds Martyr of the Cause's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okgary View Post
    You are correct on all these points except for the armor. She was already armor 15 in MK2
    Good deal.
    I had forgotten that.

DEF 17 / ARM 15 seems really good in my eyes.

Gibbs is also quite a nice boost for her. He is solid AS IS, but really adds a nice edge to the growing minority of Llaelese mercs out there.
    The Eternally Loyal,
    Martyr of the Cause

Destroyer of Worlds RandomThoughts's Avatar

Is Gibbs out already? and what does he offer Ashlynn again? just remember the part where he heals someone else in B2B up once per game.

"As I often say, variety is the spice of wargaming" (Cyel)

Conditional Feign Death and Reposition.

Destroyer of Worlds KhadorGuy09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
    Conditional Feign Death and Reposition.
    Yeah it seems pretty good, maybe its worth taking a buccaneer just to knock her over each turn
    Check out my Youtube channel for my battle reports and other Khador goodness!

Destroyer of Worlds

12+ on 3 dice to hit her. And if someone kill Gibbs you will look mightily silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    12+ on 3 dice to hit her. And if someone kill Gibbs you will look mightily silly.
    If you get the back strike you only need 10+, if you aim then you only need 8+, he is ranged 8 and if she repo[3] backwards it is likely she will be in aim range.

Gibbs could die yes, but he is Cmd 8 so can sit a fair way back, you could also screen him with your other models, or even knock him down as well.

alternatively you could take devil dogs and just have a net guy do it, as they do not need to directly hit.

Destroyer of Worlds

No, if you get backstrike you only need 12+. She's def 17. You litteraly can't aim every turn even with repo, because he need to advance. That seem super janky overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    No, if you get backstrike you only need 12+. She's def 17. You litteraly can't aim every turn even with repo, because he need to advance. That seem super janky overall.
    No, back strike makes him rat 7 effectively, 7 + 10 = 17, so its a 10+ on 3 dice

Quote Originally Posted by KhadorGuy09 View Post
    No, back strike makes him rat 7 effectively, 7 + 10 = 17, so its a 10+ on 3 dice
    Flipping a coin each round to have my caster not ie to ranged attacks sounds terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by okgary View Post
    Flipping a coin each round to have my caster not ie to ranged attacks sounds terrible!
    If you time it right, the turn you really need it your buccaneer can have run into position the turn before to aim, then you only need 8+

I agree, the plan doesn't sound reliable and I probably wouldn't take a Buccaneer for this. In case you still try, using Gorman to blind Ashlynn might not be the worst idea.
    Devil Dogs would also do, but they don't synergize with Ashlynn at all apart from that.