Default Shoulder Launchers

So the Demolisher and the Spriggan were nerfed into unplayableness in the errata because their guns were moved to their arms.
    The above is a lie, this was a book-keeping thing more than a nerf. Both are as playable now as they were before.

But looking in War Room today, I noticed that Torch does not have the same problem. Oversight by PP? It also was not mentioned in the errata, if I recall correctly. Where would one mention this to Privateer? Not that I want Torch nerfed so strongly, but the inconsistancy could drive me mad.
    Seriously Casual Khanadian.

In the Development and Errata Question Submissions forum.

My assumption was that it was intentional. If you look at Torch his launchers aren't actually attached to his arms, they're placed on the shoulders. It wouldn't make any sense for the launchers to be crippled along with the arms when the launchers are nowhere near them. The spriggan and Demolisher both have their guns directly on the arms, so it makes sense that they can be crippled.

Destroyer of Worlds

Pretty sure I read somewhere else it's an error in Warroom. The card has it different.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by BubblezCJ View Post
    But the inconsistancy could drive me mad.
    This is my Mk3 motto. Embrace the madness.

but the inconsistancy could drive me mad.
    Great Axe... RNG 2, POW 5 (Kozlov)... or maybe RNG 2, POW 4 (Great Bears)... or is it RNG 1, POW 5 (IF Kovnik)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    The Swans, unable to match our superior training, seek to catch up by rushing out a bunch of fresh recruits armed with the Arcane Tempest's latest gimmicky toy, trying to close the skill gap with a bunch of magic cheating.

I thought it was because Torch is on the Juggernaut chassis and the Spriggan and Demolisher are on the Devastator chassis...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_GoLu View Post
    We always were the good guys. But sometimes being good requires being good with an axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcaro View Post
    Great Axe... RNG 2, POW 5 (Kozlov)... or maybe RNG 2, POW 4 (Great Bears)... or is it RNG 1, POW 5 (IF Kovnik)?
    All they had to do was give them different weapon names. That's all it would have taken. But in the spirit of "simplification", we now have one weapon with three different stats on three different models.

Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar
    Crawling through the Undercity with the BRI

I thought this was going to be a thread about Vlad4.

Quote Originally Posted by tutenkharnage View Post
    We have a clear winner!

Quote Originally Posted by tutenkharnage View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Calam View Post
    All they had to do was give them different weapon names. That's all it would have taken. But in the spirit of "simplification", we now have one weapon with three different stats on three different models.
    Yuri the Axe also carries a Great Axe, though it does have the same RNG 2 POW 5 as Koslov.

Annihilator

So the Demolisher and the Spriggan were nerfed into unplayableness in the errata because their guns were moved to their arms.
    The above is a lie, this was a book-keeping thing more than a nerf. Both are as playable now as they were before.

But looking in War Room today, I noticed that Torch does not have the same problem. Oversight by PP? It also was not mentioned in the errata, if I recall correctly. Where would one mention this to Privateer? Not that I want Torch nerfed so strongly, but the inconsistancy could drive me mad.
    Probably an oversight. Also they weren't all that playable before either.

The printed card for Torch has the weapons on L and R. The War Room version does not.

But there is a much more probable answer for why this is the case! During the 2017 Errata someone said: "Hey Torch and Spriggan/Demolisher are inconsistent, someone fix it". Then two different people went away and fixed it. One of them added L and R to the Spriggan and Demolisher while the other removed the L and R from the Torch. No one noticed the situation had been flipped.

Destroyer of Worlds KhadorGuy09's Avatar

I think it is kinda silly the Demolishers cannons can now be crippled, in the fluff they are meant to be housed deep within the armoured shell to protect them, allowing clamjacks to still be deadly with their Cannons/Rain of Death even though it may be almost wrecked. The devastator is still fine, but the demolisher is not now....are the demolishers they are making cheap knockoffs now?
    Check out my Youtube channel for my battle reports and other Khador goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by KhadorGuy09 View Post
    I think it is kinda silly the Demolishers cannons can now be crippled, in the fluff they are meant to be housed deep within the armoured shell to protect them, allowing clamjacks to still be deadly with their Cannons/Rain of Death even though it may be almost wrecked. The devastator is still fine, but the demolisher is not now....are the demolishers they are making cheap knockoffs now?
    They just don't make 'em like they used to. That's what happens when you outsource to Cygnar
    Seriously Casual Khanadian.

I think you've got Demolishers and Devastators mixed up.

Demolishers = shoulder-mounted field guns
    Devastators = mortar launchers

And yes, it's very strange that a Devastators shoulder weapons can be crippled. They're embedded into the chassis. I'd think at the point the mortars are crippled, the jack is pretty much destroyed...

Its very strange, the entire point of them in the fluff was that they could not be destroyed.

This errata was half baked, rushed and unfinished. If it was because it was "Confusing" what about all the other jacks with a "-" weapon. Gonna get rid of them too?

Destroyer of Worlds

Inconsistancy is the name of this edition. Where in Mk 2 a lot of design could be blamed being either too powerful or too weak at least it continued to be consistent . However it's better to just accept it. I have to admit that because of the latest Errata my focus isn't completely on WarmaHordes anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calam View Post
    And yes, it's very strange that a Devastators shoulder weapons can be crippled. They're embedded into the chassis. I'd think at the point the mortars are crippled, the jack is pretty much destroyed...
    Yup, there goes lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWizard View Post
    This errata was half baked, rushed and unfinished. If it was because it was "Confusing" what about all the other jacks with a "-" weapon. Gonna get rid of them too?
    In this regard I think that someone thought the guns should have a L and R and wasn't totally up to date with how it was or why it was the case in Mk 2.
    If one model should have recieved that change it would have been Torch, which was left alone and is 'unique' in that he simply is a Juggernaut with these weapons attached extra on top of his body.

Like it bugs me. THIS got errataed. THIS was worthy of their time. THIS is what needed a chunk of Playtesting time (If I take them at their word) taken in order to do.

This utterly insignificant element of the game. Not anything else in Khador. Not the Grolar, not more time to make the Mad dog ANYTHING, not more time on the Old witch or ANY element of contention. NO.

In the fluff they are meant to be housed deep within the armoured shell to protect them, allowing clamjacks to still be deadly with their Cannons/Rain of Death even though it may be almost wrecked.
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWizard View Post
    Its very strange, the entire point of them in the fluff was that they could not be destroyed.
    I havent been able to run this one down yet in the books I have on had, do you remember what book, NQ, or lore bit you read it in?
    Last edited by Tempests_Wrath; 01-08-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    "A weapon is a means of transferring energy from the source to the target until the latter breaks."

"Dual grenade launchers set into the machine’s armored exterior are nearly impervious to damage that would impair external armaments, allowing the Spriggan to respond to almost any battlefield need even if it has been slowedor crippled."
    MK II Sprigster