Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Destroyer of Worlds Octavius_Maximus's Avatar

Default Cmon PP, get those theme forces out!

Cancon is coming increasingly soon and I would really like to see the themes before it hits so I could have time to practice.

Please?

I have agreeance with this stancitude.
    Perfect Cromulence - My personal blog of miniature painting, gaming, conventions, books, movies, tv shows and other geeky endeavors.
    Privateer Release Schedule
    - updated 1/12/2017 to include April 2017 releases

Destroyer of Worlds

'Tis a rare moment, I am in full agreement with Octavius Maximus

We are hopeful for next week.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson View Post
    I don't know if it's been asked yet, but will this include themes for every faction, or only some of them?

Is it next week yet?
    Circle: 349pts. Kaya1-3, Kromac2, Tanith, Una1-2. Bunch of wolves and birds. And some rocks.
    2017: Still don't own a Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamgi View Post
    I don't know if it's been asked yet, but will this include themes for every faction, or only some of them?
    For everyone that doesn't currently have at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Ninja'd!
    Last edited by tupton79; 01-05-2017 at 02:01 PM.

You guys are awesome!!!!

Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius_Maximus View Post
    Cancon is coming increasingly soon and I would really like to see the themes before it hits so I could have time to practice.

Please?
    The gloss coat is drying. Almost there ...

Conqueror

I'm curious, because I remember them saying something about CoC not being part of it.

I'm curious, because I remember them saying something about CoC not being part of it.
    CoC is getting a theme in a future NQ, likely the january issue.

Conqueror

CoC is getting a theme in a future NQ, likely the january issue.
    Dwarf theme is in the next issue. So CoC has to wait. Which shoots down the "Everyone will have a theme by Jan."

Oh no. It's going to be in there. Convergence is getting theirs in this document from what I was told.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Conqueror

Oh no. It's going to be in there. Convergence is getting theirs in this document from what I was told.
    That's good to hear, thank you.

Thanks so much for your responses, guys. Really want to see if themes push out one of my lists.

Its weathermen, right? Tell me it's weathermen

Some hope for blindwater ?

Destroyer of Worlds

Happy for the CanCon-goers, but happier still about the sort of normalization of the game we can hopefully expect with the release of these themes. Any step towards things becoming more representative of a "matured" Mk III is welcome.

I'm just glad it's not an insider series at one every week or so. glad to know it's not tomorrow at least need to print my lists for an event tomorrow!

I'm hoping and praying for a good Winter Guard theme... I want so very much to have a good reason to put two full units of WGI and WGRC on the table at once.

Destroyer of Worlds

Leaked theme!

Khador Plan B: **** It, Charge
    List restriction: no more than 3 ranged weapons.
    Benefit: any model that runs or charges has +2 DEF against ranged.
    Last edited by SmellyTerror; 01-05-2017 at 06:10 PM.

If cryx dosent get an undead theme force i will riot.

Destroyer of Worlds Big Fat Troll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zugare View Post
    If cryx dosent get an undead theme force i will riot.
    It really does have to be either Banes or ghost pirates, and probably the pirates, because Banes don't have enough thematic solos. I don't think McThralls can really carry a theme. Maybe they could do a generic undead thing?
    "It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood."
    -Karl Popper

Dwarf theme is in the next issue. So CoC has to wait. Which shoots down the "Everyone will have a theme by Jan."
    Can you confirm this? Is there a source? I would absolutely love it if it came in the next issue, but I don't want to get my hopes up from a rumour. You understand, right? Thanks.
    Mercenaries are fine as is... it is the bulk of the player base that needs the errata.

Sorry, just to clairify, Rhulic AND Convergence in the next NQ or just Convergence?
    Chase this light with me

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Ratrek View Post
    Sorry, just to clairify, Rhulic AND Convergence in the next NQ or just Convergence?
    Convergence isn't in the NQ, they're in the doc with all the other themes being released online.

Conqueror

I have my first ever tournament to attend next saturday. I *really* hope themes drop a few days before that. I feel like I need all the help I can get. :-s

Next NQ issue is in fact Rhulic hotness (I think ). However, the upcoming Theme Force bundle that is dropping will include Convergence (which is a change from what I originally had said on Primecast). We decided to move the Convergence drop from NQ to this bundle, giving Cyriss players a theme sooner than later.
    Last edited by PPS_Hungerford; 01-05-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Next NQ issue is in fact Rhulic hotness. However, the upcoming Theme Force bundle that is dropping will include Convergence (which is a change from what I originally had said on Primecast). We decided to move the Convergence drop from NQ to this bundle, giving Cyriss players a theme sooner than later.
    May I ask what the reasons were for picking the Theme Forces that you have to show early?

Are they generally more battlegroup focused? Are they focusing on lesser used units? Was it a fluff choice, a gut choice or a design choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius_Maximus View Post
    May I ask what the reasons were for picking the Theme Forces that you have to show early?

Are they generally more battlegroup focused? Are they focusing on lesser used units? Was it a fluff choice, a gut choice or a design choice?
    It was generally theme forces that had enough of a model selection that they were viable to come out earlier than their book release. Remember that each theme force book also includes new models made with that theme force in mind, so some theme forces weren't right for this early bundle as the models that really made the theme come together wouldn't be out for a while.

So, for example, say we were going to do a ... Idrian based theme force book in the future (not saying we are, just as an example). That would have been a theme force we wouldn't have chosen for this bundle because there really isn't enough stuff out RIGHT NOW to make that a compelling early offer.

It was generally theme forces that had enough of a model selection that they were viable to come out earlier than their book release. Remember that each theme force book also includes new models made with that theme force in mind, so some theme forces weren't right for this early bundle as the models that really made the theme come together wouldn't be out for a while.

So, for example, say we were going to do a ... Idrian based theme force book in the future (not saying we are, just as an example). That would have been a theme force we wouldn't have chosen for this bundle because there really isn't enough stuff out RIGHT NOW to make that a compelling early offer.
    So this means models will at least traditionally speaking come out Before a theme force rather than after is that correct? Or is it not mutually exclusive meaning some theme forces will go up in value as models get released?
    Last edited by Avanice; 01-05-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    [URL=http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Tellinair/media/rsz_bannermkii_cryx_asphyxious2_zps2f2fc06c%201.png.html][IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/Tellinair/rsz_bannermkii_cryx_asphyxious2_zps2f2fc06c%201.png[/IMG][/URL]

"All men must die, and one may only serve in the next life to The Dragonfather, there is no exception." Erdrick Chaeffer

So, for example, say we were going to do a ... Idrian based theme force book in the future (WHICH WE TOTALLY ARE!). That would have been a theme force we wouldn't have chosen for this bundle because there really isn't enough stuff out RIGHT NOW to make that a compelling early offer.
    Idrian Theme force confirmed by Hungerford, you all saw it!

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sun View Post
    Idrian Theme force confirmed by Hungerford, you all saw it!
    That's the way I read it, the question is... Protectorate or Mercs? Hmmmmm...

Spoilers? All Idrians pick up cumulative fire and hand cannons.

Can we get an official answer on if they're the theme forces that are featured in the Command Books?

I've seen it posted both ways on the forums, but not from a PP staffer, so official comment would be greatly appreciated.

What I understand, the Theme force books will have 2-5 new models in that will round out the theme force options.

So in the idrian example, there might be:

Idrian Trackers Unit
    Idrian Character Solo Reclaimer
    New Idrian Warcaster
    Epic Idrian Warcaster
    A character jack

I'd expect these to all be released over a few months near the same time. They would be useful for Mercs or Menoth usually too, and will be combined with existing models to make a great new theme force (or perhaps 2 in one book?)

Other things might be less new models (though I think they might put some more out than 2)
    New Pirate jack
    Epic Shae

The command books are coming along with 2-4 new models it seems. The reworking of the books to not have the model stats in is a change in policy though. Looks like the release schedule is still going to be be theme based - which sounds good to me. The release schedule we've had over the last 6 months and the next few months planned - does seem to support most of the game quite well. (I buy select Menoth, legion and Merc releases and I've been persuaded to pick up a few of the new things - even though I hardly play anything buy legion.) I'm hopeful it will stay good.

Destroyer of Worlds Big Fat Troll's Avatar

So my theory was correct. The problem is, this means no Banes theme, as there are not yet enough solos that would make sense for it. /sadpanda

Any chance you guys can give a brief description of the ones you did choose? Or at least Cryx, as that is probably the one the most people are most worried about?
    "It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood."
    -Karl Popper

I really hope for a Blindwater theme. My 2x croak raiders and my bog trogs and my posse units are longing for the opportunity to work in a competitive setting.

Dawnguard for Retribution? Inoming more Sentinels!

Retribution MK3 record: W/L 26/9
    Helynna 15/5, Kaelyssa 5/0, Ravyn 0/2, Vyros2 3/1, Vyros1 0/1, Issyria 3/0
    2017 record: 3/1
    Issyria 2/0, Helynna 1/1

Destroyer of Worlds KhadorGuy09's Avatar

I think maybe a Gun Mage theme for Cygnar, the reason being we have the Thorn Gun Mages coming out in February, and I reckon they will count as Cygnar Partisan for the theme force.
    Check out my Youtube channel for my battle reports and other Khador goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Fremanist View Post
    I really hope for a Blindwater theme. My 2x croak raiders and my bog trogs and my posse units are longing for the opportunity to work in a competitive setting.
    I asked about it but no answer yet. I think we won't have one next week. I understand, too much news for us last year...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast