Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Destroyer of Worlds Big Fat Troll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kauzu View Post
    Am I reading too much into this if it is making me think that some of the factions are getting significant new toys in their command books beyond the new caster + general release of grown up junior + jack/beast that seems to be the trend so far?
    Define "some." The Sea King looks pretty significant to me. If you mean stuff like the MOW Battle Engine? That stuff we might see in the smaller theme books later instead.
    "It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood."
    -Karl Popper

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    They will be, but it is one from the Command book. So PoM gets an early preview for like ... a few days, then their Command Book drops and they get another one

The Factions not receiving a theme force in this early bundle are Trolls (already have some in Command book), Mercs (already have Cephalyx, Kingmaker, and very soon Rhulic), and Minions (already have Thornfall, and Blindwater ain't that far off)
    Nooo my gators! When is Blindwater stuff supposed to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Can you confirm this? Is there a source? I would absolutely love it if it came in the next issue, but I don't want to get my hopes up from a rumour. You understand, right? Thanks.
    Next NQ issue is in fact Rhulic hotness (I think ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratrek View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.

Just reserved a NQ copy to satisfy my secret Rhulic heart.
    Woo! Oh yeah. (Where's my Rick Flair or Macho Man jpg?) Very stoked about some enhanced Rhulfolk (rules and models) inbound. On the modeling side, I'd be resorting to third units or further, slow scratch building otherwise.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Troll View Post
    Define "some." The Sea King looks pretty significant to me. If you mean stuff like the MOW Battle Engine? That stuff we might see in the smaller theme books later instead.
    Seaking still falls into the 2 casters +1 battlegroup option. I'm wondering what might be in the command books we haven't seen yet.

Mostly as a ret player I'm fishing for some spoilers

Annihilator

Nice. Theme forces on Monday.
    Cygnar: 12/16 Casters 328/446 Points - Khador: 4/6 Casters 16/120 Points - Menoth: 0/2 Casters 0/66 Points - Cryx: 4/7 Casters 69/171 Points - Retribution: 8/9 Casters 244/529 Points - Mercs: 38/45 Points
    Trolls: 0/4 Casters 107/175 Points - Legion: 1/1 Caster 19/30 Points - Circle: 0/1 0/17 Points - Minions: 2/5 Casters 57/126 Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    Nice. Theme forces on Monday.
    It won't be Monday. It's more likely to Tuesday or Thursday. A lot of things are uploading to War Room 2 next week. There will be the Protectorate of Menoth Command book, updates to the rules digests to reflect the errata, and also theme forces.
    Last edited by PPS_Jackson; 01-07-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: New info.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson View Post
    It won't be Monday. It's more likely to Tuesday or Thursday. A lot of things are uploading to War Room 2 next week. There will be the Protectorate of Menoth Command book, updates to the rules digests to reflect the errata, and also theme forces.
    And Skorne errata? Right? Riiiiiight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kauzu View Post
    Am I reading too much into this if it is making me think that some of the factions are getting significant new toys in their command books beyond the new caster + general release of grown up junior + jack/beast that seems to be the trend so far?
    I'm pretty sure that the new toys are going to be in the theme force books.
    Perfect Cromulence - My personal blog of miniature painting, gaming, conventions, books, movies, tv shows and other geeky endeavors.
    Privateer Release Schedule
    - updated 2/14/2017 with dates for March and April as well as May releases.

Conqueror

I just want Dawnguard Theme. Dawnguard models get AD... that is all ty.

Quote Originally Posted by FroyRadn View Post
    And Skorne errata? Right? Riiiiiight?
    I'm just going to say no, cause it's no. That's later. The two do not overlap.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadDan View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the new toys are going to be in the theme force books.
    I thought that was going to be the case for the most part as well until Mr. Hungerford (who is clearly a scholar and a gentleman) commented earlier in this thread that some of the themes would not be from the command books because enough of the requisite models wouldn't be available yet. Now I'm very curious about this.

Ive been assuming the themes would come out on the 11th with the protectorate command book. Then hopefully the real errata will follow(go skorne) shortly
    We need to weaponize the screams of tortured baby elephants.
    Skorne Weapon Research and Development

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson View Post
    That's... Kinda misleading, didn't Hungerford just say Protectorate is getting a theme force from our command book as part of this release... But a few days before the book release? Book comes out Wednesday.

Can we expect Skorne to come the week of the 16th then? Or is it coming later next week?

Minions (already have Thornfall, and Blindwater ain't that far off)
    Just HOW far off is that exactly? My gators really wanna play in themes

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonus View Post
    I can't speak for PP, but as a collector of Mercs & Minions, I think I'd be saying "At least you got a freaking Command Book, so get to the back of the Complaints line!"
    Kinda glad you're not in PP's customer service department then. Though since the PPS users skipped over my question maybe your response is better then nothing?

Do like that you snipped off the bit where I said I'm a Mercs player (I also Minions) before you threw shade on a "non-Mercs player" for getting the toys. Stylish stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sletchman View Post
    Kinda glad you're not in PP's customer service department then. Though since the PPS users skipped over my question maybe your response is better then nothing?

Do like that you snipped off the bit where I said I'm a Mercs player (I also Minions) before you threw shade on a "non-Mercs player" for getting the toys. Stylish stuff.
    There's a reason I don't deal with customers these days - it is better for both parties.

And given the phrasing of your question - within the quoted paragraph, which the follow-up paragraph didn't appear to affect - I'd taken the impression we were dealing with a hypothetical individual, rather than you yourself.

But if a "core" faction player, who has happened to get one of the two first core faction books, wants to complain about not getting an additional theme force when they already have two (going by other comments in the thread - I haven't had chance to flick through either book yet), then they do deserve a perspective check, in all honesty.

Compared to other "core" factions, they'll have two theme forces while the remainder have one (until their own Command books are released).

Compared to Mercs & Minions (& CoC?), they've had a Command book, two Warcasters (including an Epic, something Minions doesn't have yet, and Mercs only have one of), etc, so Trollblood and/or Protectorate players don't get to play the "Woe is me!" card.

Once the other "core" factions all have their Command books out - and ignoring future NQ themes for now - some "core" factions will have two themes, and some will have three. I would suspect that the ones with two will be amongst the earlier ones to get their first Theme book, but I could be wrong there.
    Musings of Dysartes
    Last post - Tor Gaming - Day of the Tentacle - 17/02/2017

Quote Originally Posted by JDAntoine View Post
    Amusement happens but not really with the SteamRoller rules set, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by stereynolds View Post
    Helga/Carver - still a better love story than Twilight...

Destroyer of Worlds

And given the phrasing of your question - within the quoted paragraph, which the follow-up paragraph didn't appear to affect - I'd taken the impression we were dealing with a hypothetical individual, rather than you yourself.
    Fair enough - tone and intent is a little tricky with text, and from your response it seemed like it was directed at me (rather then those I've seen posting their disappointment - not hypothetical, either). Sorry for the misread. Personally, I'm just hopeful for the Rhulic theme to not suck. Kingmaker is strong, for sure, but I resent that what is arguably our strongest tournament list is kinda "diet Cygnar". I also like the Cephalyx theme, but hate that I have to take it. It seems so against the design goals of the entire game, as well as the stated design goals for the theme lists in general - the idea that you can run whatever, but theme forces give you benefits in exchange for the restrictions. Selective is a stupid straightjacket that serves no purpose and should be removed from the game.

But if a "core" faction player, who has happened to get one of the two first core faction books, wants to complain about not getting an additional theme force when they already have two (going by other comments in the thread - I haven't had chance to flick through either book yet), then they do deserve a perspective check, in all honesty.

Compared to other "core" factions, they'll have two theme forces while the remainder have one (until their own Command books are released).
    Fair point, but as a counter point: Once all the books are out in 6 months, then they're down to 2 while everyone else is enjoying 3. People getting something slightly earlier isn't new - even with the Mk2 anthology books some stuff just came later then others, but everyone got stuff in the end. In this case some folks arbitrarily miss out, and it doesn't seem fair. Mercs and Minions among them - yeah, we have Operating Theatre and Kingmaker, but why not a Pirate Theme in the "Everyone* gets a theme force" update (*For a certain definition of "every")? There's sure as heck plenty of Privateer models ready to go for it. Why not Blindwater Congregation?

Compared to Mercs & Minions (& CoC?), they've had a Command book, two Warcasters (including an Epic, something Minions doesn't have yet, and Mercs only have one of), etc, so Trollblood and/or Protectorate players don't get to play the "Woe is me!" card.
    Oh, believe me - I'm as upset as anyone that Minions haven't had a new caster since 2014, when everyone else has had 3 since their last release (and this year had an ideal time for Wrongeye and Rorsch to go epic, right?). I'd say the same thing about mercs, but that's just because I really don't like Cyphon. I'm right there with everyone else who's salty about Gaston2. I dunno, I guess I just feel bad for people who I've seen post on facebook - and rightly so - that they're missing out because they were "lucky enough" to be first. Well, second. Mercs were first and we miss out too.

Annihilator

The rhul theme coming in NQ will already put mercs at 3. I can understand the frustration at the lack of new casters for mercs and minions but currently it looks like mercs at least will be getting themes dropped frequently. Blindwater also has an upcoming NQ theme which will put minions at 2. After that im not sure what themes minions will get? They will have to start getting more specific I guess.

I think with the new release era of NQ releases and theme books we really need to divorce ourselves from the idea of factions (core included) getting mostly even amounts of release information at the same time.

I'd say the same thing about mercs, but that's just because I really don't like Cyphon. I'm right there with everyone else who's salty about Gaston2. I dunno, I guess I just feel bad for people who I've seen post on facebook - and rightly so - that they're missing out because they were "lucky enough" to be first. Well, second. Mercs were first and we miss out too.
    While I agree that Gaston2: The Gastonner is an odd omission, I'm fairly sure Ashlynn2 and Gorten2 should be ahead in the Epic Priority queue.

After all, I believe Mr Grundback is the oldest warnoun in the game not to have gone epic, despite beating the Deathjack to scrap back in Apotheosis...
    Musings of Dysartes

Destroyer of Worlds

While I agree that Gaston2: The Gastonner is an odd omission, I'm fairly sure Ashlynn2 and Gorten2 should be ahead in the Epic Priority queue.

After all, I believe Mr Grundback is the oldest warnoun in the game not to have gone epic, despite beating the Deathjack to scrap back in Apotheosis...
    That's gotta be accurate - my Gorten box dates back to early Mk1, and I still have the black and white cards for him and his battlegroup. I think I got it like 12 or 13 years ago at this point, so he's pretty dang old. There wasn't many casters that even existed at the time, and most (all but Sorscha, I believe?) have 3rd iterations by now. I'd have to check to be sure, but I'm certain they're all epic at least.

That's gotta be accurate - my Gorten box dates back to early Mk1, and I still have the black and white cards for him and his battlegroup. I think I got it like 12 or 13 years ago at this point, so he's pretty dang old. There wasn't many casters that even existed at the time, and most (all but Sorscha, I believe?) have 3rd iterations by now. I'd have to check to be sure, but I'm certain they're all epic at least.
    If we're including casters from escalation (the book Gorten came out in), then the only ones without third incarnation (assuming we include Caine3/Feora3 as soon to be out) are Sorcha, Irusk, Skarre, Severius, and High Reclaimer
    Returning to the game after a long hiatus.

Wait, MOW Battle Engine?
    Link please? Ice been on hiatus for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadam View Post
    Protectorate: When you are villain even in your own story.
    If Cryx and legion had a bikini contest who would win: Deneghra, Saeryn, or the intruding Morvhana?
    Gabriel's Character Sheet - IWC

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit81 View Post
    If we're including casters from escalation (the book Gorten came out in), then the only ones without third incarnation (assuming we include Caine3/Feora3 as soon to be out) are Sorcha, Irusk, Skarre, Severius, and High Reclaimer
    There are still quite a few without a second incarnation though. If anyone is going to go epic, I'd much rather see it be 'casters that have only one version currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Calam View Post
    There are still quite a few without a second incarnation though. If anyone is going to go epic, I'd much rather see it be 'casters that have only one version currently.
    The trend seems to be a Legen-waitforit-dary warnoun with each Command book, given we've had Madrak and Feora, and Kaya is know to be coming alongside the Circle book.

I wouldn't be surprised as Sorscha or Irusk for Khador, or Skarre for Cryx.

We'd better see some other Merc 'casters go Epic before Magnus goes 3.0, though.
    Musings of Dysartes

Annihilator

there is not in the legion book its Fyanna2 and Kallas2. Also are you counting Caine3 as the first third form merc caster?

Conqueror

The trend seems to be a Legen-waitforit-dary warnoun with each Command book, given we've had Madrak and Feora, and Kaya is know to be coming alongside the Circle book.

I wouldn't be surprised as Sorscha or Irusk for Khador, or Skarre for Cryx.

We'd better see some other Merc 'casters go Epic before Magnus goes 3.0, though.
    If you take the Legion Command Book, we are going to have Kallus2, no super duper legendary caster 3.0, so there is still hope for any caster to level up. Just don't stop... believin', hold on... the feelin' !!! Maybe Merc will get a second character unit (after Caine3) with Rhupert Carvolo and his orchestra.

Please... please give Cryx something that encourages us to play something else then Satyxis but still be able to threat and counter the current meta bullies.

The Skulls of Hate fled and possessed another warjack. Without a confirmed kill Gorten gained 0XP from the encounter sadly.

I own three Mules, and if you asked me if I would buy a fourth, I could not honestly say that I would not ever do so. Do I need to see a doctor?

Destroyer of Worlds doomedtorepeatit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevonV View Post
    The Skulls of Hate fled and possessed another warjack. Without a confirmed kill Gorten gained 0XP from the encounter sadly.
    This made me think about who actually has confirmed warcaster kills in the fluff. The only one I can think of is Vlad, when he stabbed the Harbinger in the back in Extirpation. Stryker got Terminus, but with the way of the phylactery, Terminus isn't technically dead. I'm undecided if Haley or Nightmare gets the point for ripping Deneghra in twain.

You will never see me on Vassal again. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Calam View Post
    Well, considering Gorten only has one version, that is what we're talking about. It's just that, out of his "class", only 5 out of 16 haven't gone epic twice, and only Gorten is still sitting at a single incarnation.
    Returning to the game after a long hiatus.

Destroyer of Worlds doomedtorepeatit's Avatar

He's barely appeared in the fluff since Apotheosis, though. He has yet to do anything to deserve epic status (and no, killing Deathjack doesn't count. The Skulls just found a new victim).

You will never see me on Vassal again. Ever.

If the themes come out Thursday, will they include the Protectorate theme, even though it will have been out for a day?

Quote Originally Posted by doomedtorepeatit View Post
    This made me think about who actually has confirmed warcaster kills in the fluff. The only one I can think of is Vlad, when he stabbed the Harbinger in the back in Extirpation. Stryker got Terminus, but with the way of the phylactery, Terminus isn't technically dead. I'm undecided if Haley or Nightmare gets the point for ripping Deneghra in twain.
    Haley gets the point ez because she forced the Slayer/Nightmare to hold Deneghra still.

Are we only counting other warcasters in the game? Because Irusk killed that one Cygnaran caster at Point Bourne I think before it was overrun. And Makeda dueled an Iosan warcaster to death who was controlling a Hyperion.

Destroyer of Worlds

Xerxis have an unnamed caster kill too.

Madrak, Kormac, Caleban, and Lord Carver can share the Mordikaar caster kill. Granted, they did not kill him directly and it's more their collective stupidity who opened Mordikaar portal.

Destroyer of Worlds

Gunnbjorn killed/incapacitated Xekaar, who was presumed dead until MK 3. I think that should count.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    Xerxis have an unnamed caster kill too.

Madrak, Kormac, Caleban, and Lord Carver can share the Mordikaar caster kill. Granted, they did not kill him directly and it's more their collective stupidity who opened Mordikaar portal.
    Carver also killed Barnabas in that fight. Barnabas immediately ascended into godhood afterwards, but still was technically killed. And you know Carver is going to put 'Godslayer' on his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by doomedtorepeatit View Post
    Kaelyssa killed Zaal with her sword, Vengeance. I credit his wonky magic with the reason Vengeance lost Energy Siphon for Mk3. She has also killed an unnamed Convergeance of Cyriss Warcaster in her Force Wall NQ fluff, making sure to destroy it's essence chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeurian View Post
    Kaelyssa killed Zaal with her sword, Vengeance. I credit his wonky magic with the reason Vengeance lost Energy Siphon for Mk3. She has also killed an unnamed Convergeance of Cyriss Warcaster in her Force Wall NQ fluff, making sure to destroy it's essence chamber.
    Actually I'm pretty sure she doesn't destroy the warcasters essence chamber. I thinks he keeps it for her report or something. Still counts for the kill.

Also, Vyros mortally wounds the living Goreshade, forcing him into undead to continue his work. Also counts.

A journeyman warcaster dies in the Siege theme force fluff but I don't remember if anyone of note gets the credit.

Oh yeah. Voyle killed the Harbinger too, basically. Or did she not die from that martyrdom? I can't remember. I'm pretty sure she's died twice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast