Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Bah. Now I got to say the unpopular thing. I knew there'd be a "But we just want the thing, it's cool man! Just do it." I was just trying to avoid the whole bit where certain things just have to be done a particular way.

So, for realsies, they are coming as soon as they possibly can. I was trying to have fun with you all. We're just balancing a ton of things to make sure everything happens properly. We got you and I totally hear that you just want the stuff. We simply cannot produce it faster than we're producing it.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Destroyer of Worlds Octavius_Maximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Jackson View Post
    Bah. Now I got to say the unpopular thing. I knew there'd be a "But we just want the thing, it's cool man! Just do it." I was just trying to avoid the whole bit where we really can't due to needing to do things in particular ways.

So, for realsies, they are coming as soon as they possibly can. I was trying to have fun with you all. We're just balancing a ton of things to make sure everything happens properly. We got you and I totally hear that you just want the stuff. We simply cannot produce it faster than we're producing it.
    So when are Theme previews coming? What kind of an Eta do we have?

Bah. Now I got to say the unpopular thing. I knew there'd be a "But we just want the thing, it's cool man! Just do it." I was just trying to avoid the whole bit where certain things just have to be done a particular way.

The high level of engagement is very appreciated.

Destroyer of Worlds UmbrellaCorp487's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pps_jackson View Post
    bah. Now i got to say the unpopular thing. I knew there'd be a "but we just want the thing, it's cool man! Just do it." i was just trying to avoid the whole bit where certain things just have to be done a particular way.

So, for realsies, they are coming as soon as they possibly can. I was trying to have fun with you all. We're just balancing a ton of things to make sure everything happens properly. We got you and i totally hear that you just want the stuff. We simply cannot produce it faster than we're producing it.
    but muh theeeeeeemes
    Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan!

Stop puling a Blizzard and instead

Quote Originally Posted by GaspysInhaler View Post
    Thanks for the response. Sarcasm is my common response to incredulity on this board.

http://handcannononline.com/blog/cat...ting/ironcast/

The level of communication in this thread is amazing and I hope it's a new standard for you

Maybe you could tell us what kind of theme forces the various factions will be getting? For example "Cryx Pirates", "Cygnar Trenchers", "Khador Warjacks" etc?
    Courage of Caspia, Cygnar Blog <- 14.11.2016: European Invitationals Win!

Destroyer of Worlds UmbrellaCorp487's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olannon View Post
    The level of communication in this thread is amazing and I hope it's a new standard for you

Maybe you could tell us what kind of theme forces the various factions will be getting? For example "Cryx Pirates", "Cygnar Trenchers", "Khador Warjacks" etc?
    Better yet tell us what they are not: Cryx dwarves, Cygnar Flame Squad, Khador Tea Party. :33333333333333
    Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan!

Quote Originally Posted by UmbrellaCorp487 View Post
    Better yet tell us what they are not: Cryx dwarves, Cygnar Flame Squad, Khador Tea Party. :33333333333333
    I would play Khador Tea party.
    Felix
    ___
    My Miniatures Gaming Blog
    DR:70+S+G-MB-I+Pwmhd05#+D++A+++/aWD100R++T(S)DM+++

Destroyer of Worlds

Those are the type i would want. So much better than, let me see how bad I can min/max to get the most free solo/stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by UmbrellaCorp487 View Post
    Even invoking Colbert cannot break me. But this is correct. You are not getting these things. I got this fun book of secrets though.
    20170110_115810.jpg
    It's got a page in it, among more arcane things, that specifically states "GIVE THEM THE THEMES WHEN IT IS TIME FOR THEY KNOW NOT THE POWER THEY POSSESS" and some other scribbling of Hungerford and Pagani Hi-Fiving.

But yeah. This kind of communication is more standard from me and some others, but I wouldn't expect it from everyone.
    As enigmatic as excitable.

Yeah, having a little spoiler on the the "theme of the Themes" would be great to pass the time and building hype while we wait for the real thing.
    http://privateerpressforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic114488_4.gif
    R.I.P. Page 5... We miss you.
    You can find my painting blog HERE!

Destroyer of Worlds Mercykiller's Avatar

Yes, whet our appetites, prime the stormchamber, stoke the furnace, feed the beast, tickle the hairy feet, and give at least the theme of the themes

"Please, sir, may I have some more?"

/OliverTwistFaction

20170110_115810.jpg
    It's got a page in it, among more arcane things, that specifically states "GIVE THEM THE THEMES WHEN IT IS TIME FOR THEY KNOW NOT THE POWER THEY POSSESS" and some other scribbling of Hungerford and Pagani Hi-Fiving.
    ...Are we sure this sin't just the PPS version of the book from homestuck, passed down from generation to generation to make the authors look like grand historical figures? Or, better question to find the answer to that, have Hungerford and Pagani fought over how to write it long enough to partake in the secret art of genitalia Ouija yet?

Development Assistant

Why yes. Yes I can.

Cygnar is getting a theme force called "Storm Division". It will focus on Storm Knights and has a strong electric vibe.

Skorne's theme is called "Winds of Death" and focuses on the Venator model/units. It brings a ranged list to Skorne like you have never played before!

Legion of Everblight's theme "Ravens of War" Focuses on Legion's scout forces and faster models. Be prepared to... AMBUSH... your opponents with this list.

Convergence of Cyriss brings a new configuration with their theme, "Destruction Initiative". This list focuses on Warjacks and Priest models, sure to be a favorite of Convergence players everywhere!

That's all for now my friends! Thank you for your patience while we try and wrap the final documents up!
    Privateer's most excitable employee!

Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Pagani View Post
    Legion of Everblight's theme "Ravens of War" Focuses on Legion's scout forces and faster models. Be prepared to... AMBUSH... your opponents with this list.
    I see what you did there ... and I've never been more proud.

Destroyer of Worlds Mercykiller's Avatar

Thank you for the teasers!

Blightblades already Ambush. Stider scouts ambushing and threatening 24 on a walk, ignoring concealment/cover, is not fair. Nor would archers be fair with the massive CRAs. I don't want to play raiders...ambush would be good but i still hate all those wings.. Also, i was hoping against all odds to not see a flying warbeast theme. /sigh.

But in honesty, thank you for the work. I still appreciate it.
    Last edited by ForEver blight; 01-10-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds Sardonic Artery's Avatar

Skorne's theme is called "Winds of Death" and focuses on the Venator model/units. It brings a ranged list to Skorne like you have never played before!
    Ranged theme? We're gonna need that dakaar. Got a release date on that sweet model?

The only thing I don't like about this is that there's no way we'll get both an immortal theme force AND a cataphract theme force in the one slot we have left. EDIT: Though apparently this theme force may be different from the two in the theme force book.
    Last edited by Sardonic Artery; 01-10-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    The nicest signature I'm ever gonna have: Excellent work on Skorne, PP.

Conqueror

So I am gonna be playing Skygnar with elephants? Seems legit.

Why yes. Yes I can.

Cygnar is getting a theme force called "Storm Division". It will focus on Storm Knights and has a strong electric vibe.

Convergence of Cyriss brings a new configuration with their theme, "Destruction Initiative". This list focuses on Warjacks and Priest models, sure to be a favorite of Convergence players everywhere!

That's all for now my friends! Thank you for your patience while we try and wrap the final documents up!
    You just raised the hype of this thread by 9000. Sad there is no Ret love but I can wait a couple days.

Destroyer of Worlds Leonard_Dukes's Avatar

In unrelated news, several Legion warbeasts are being renamed to include "Scout" in their name.
    Welcome to the All New War, where nothing can possibly go worng.

Quote Originally Posted by Polipotent View Post
    You just raised the hype of this thread by 9000. Sad there is no Ret love but I can wait a couple days.
    You can join me at the waiting table. Playing some poker with the Mechanithralls to pass the time. Just watch out for the one missing his jaw - he cheats like you wouldn't believe.
    "Nemo is like the Oprah of Lightning. 'You get some lighting. And you get some lighting. Everyone gets a lightning bolt!"

Thank you very much for the tease...

Let's start the vibe on the various faction forums! :P

Could we also know if those are from the Command books or extras?
    http://privateerpressforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic114488_4.gif
    R.I.P. Page 5... We miss you.
    You can find my painting blog HERE!

I think they said that these were NOT command book themes.

Why yes. Yes I can.

Do Khador! Do Khador! (btw, those are great lol)

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Some are from the command book, some are not. As I was discussing earlier, it really came down to the viability of playing the theme force with models currently available. Most of them are not from the Command Books.
    Here is the quote.

Destroyer of Worlds Octavius_Maximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuxTakeTheWheel View Post
    I think they said that these were NOT command book themes.
    They said that some are and some aren't

Im praying to the Warmachine gods for a Cryx undead theme that "helps my banes STEALTHILY rush my opponents."

Conqueror

I am fairly certain that the Venator theme force is not from the Skorne book and here is why: So far we've had 1 jack/beast theme force and one "core fighting force of the faction" theme force. For Skorne the latter would be Praetorians, not Venators.

Destroyer of Worlds Strangelove's Avatar

Shocker!

I hoped for something like the Menoth jack theme force for skorne... no theme force for me, i'm so sad right now.

p.s.: it's not a whine, but i didn't pick up skorne to have a ranged faction. So chances are that i won't ever play it... unless i can include a mammoth and rasheth and i don't have to buy 2 units of venators since i hate duplicates.
    I'm a skorne player, as such i'm unwilling to try different models within my faction and i'm stuck at mk2 list building by definition.

My painting page: https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonworkshop

Quote Originally Posted by Schostoppa1 View Post
    Im praying to the Warmachine gods for a Cryx undead theme that "helps my banes STEALTHILY rush my opponents."
    I would honestly like anything EXCEPT this. Light jack spam, improved recursion, more powerful wraiths, enhanced Satyxis, gator partisan... lots of interesting options besides trying to recreate Mk2.
    Last edited by Kavrae; 01-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    "Nemo is like the Oprah of Lightning. 'You get some lighting. And you get some lighting. Everyone gets a lightning bolt!"

Quote Originally Posted by hns View Post
    I am fairly certain that the Venator theme force is not from the Skorne book and here is why: So far we've had 1 jack/beast theme force and one "core fighting force of the faction" theme force. For Skorne the latter would be Praetorians, not Venators.
    I agree and hope this is true because a) I want my Preatorian theme force b) I feel a theme force book about venators with that long wished for venator caster would be extremely nice. Let alone some more venator toys to support the combined arms lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    I would honestly like anything EXCEPT this. Light jack spam, improved recursion, more powerful wraiths, echanced Satyxis, gator partisan... lots of interesting options besides trying to recreate Mk2.
    I would personally prefer those awesome things in erratas/future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    I would honestly like anything EXCEPT this. Light jack spam, improved recursion, more powerful wraiths, echanced Satyxis, gator partisan... lots of interesting options besides trying to recreate Mk2.
    this, minus the satyxis, I would like to be able to play cryx without them and not be crippling myself.

Conqueror

All I want for ret is AD Sentinels... kkthx

Conqueror

Thank you, Pagani, for the hype-fuel!! All abooooooard

I wanna see a Cryx thrall theme. For me the Mechanithrall has always been their signature unit. The undead faction in the steam punk minis game are steam powered zombies...THAT IS SO COOL! I would actually be totally okay with them going back to their MK2 stats with out a point increase. I want them to be a recurring swarm that takes way more time than they are worth to kill and can still punch hard if inaccurately in melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    I hoped for something like the Menoth jack theme force for skorne... no theme force for me, i'm so sad right now.

p.s.: it's not a whine, but i didn't pick up skorne to have a ranged faction. So chances are that i won't ever play it... unless i can include a mammoth and rasheth and i don't have to buy 2 units of venators since i hate duplicates.
    Rasheth already likes Venator Slingers and Reviers so this theme could be pretty good without double ups. My only issue is that its a bit premature with no Venator Dakaar out yet, but regardless it has potential.

Destroyer of Worlds

Don't forget that according to PP all of these themes should be playable with what we have now (or in the very near future).

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast