Destroyer of Worlds Angry Norway's Avatar

Default Current Carver builds?

What PigLord lists and ideas are being thrown around at the moment? Have the Gremlins fallen before Retaliatory Strike? Lights vs heavies? Infantry at all?

Probably going to be Minioning for a while as of February :-)
    I support non-image bloated signatures. My sense of humour is deficient.
    Post count equates time spent typing online and nothing more.
    My r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ extremely specific batreps

Destroyer of Worlds

My Carver list is still mostly lights, so I haven't found the prospect of Mat 5, P+S 11 Retaliatory Strikes at 0.5" melee range to be worth losing Lanyssa and the Gremlins. I'm currently running this:

Carver
    -Battle Boar
    -Battle Boar
    -Battle Boar
    -Battle Boar
    -Splatter Boar
    -Splatter Boar
    -Splatter Boar
    -Splatter Boar
    -War Hog
    -War Hog
    Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew
    Gremlin Swarm
    Gremlin Swarm
    Lanyssa
    Gobber Chef

Lanyssa's price increase meant she bumped Maximus out of the list, sadly. I am considering trading her and the Bellows Crew out for Hutchuck, haven't made my mind up there yet.

Have you tried the ogryn bokur with Carver? It has saved me more than once with almost the same beast load out
    // David Lindegren, PressGanger in Luleň, Sweden

Minions
    Mercs

Destroyer of Worlds

Carver's a tough cookie. I've not felt a massive need for the Bokur with him. It'd be neat, but there's nothing in the list I'd really like to drop to fit one in (well, I'm happy to give up the Gobbers, but sadly they total 3 points).

I guess you have the bellows crew instead but I tried it into vyros2 yesterday and that list ignored everything except for the shield guard. Many Gun lines also ignores clouds but maybe you drop DrArk into those?
    // David Lindegren, PressGanger in Luleň, Sweden

Minions
    Mercs

I'm liking him with Targ, a battle boar, 2 road hog and 4 war hogs in Thornfall Alliance. It's essentially the
    anti-warjack list with increased arm, no knockdown, and crit knockdown retaliatory strike.

this is what I played yesterday and really liked it:

Theme: The Thornfall Alliance

(Carver 1) Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III [+28]
    - Splatter Boar [8]
    - Gun Boar [9]
    - Gun Boar [9]
    Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
    - Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
    Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
    - Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
    Farrow Commandos (min) [9]
    Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter [6]
    Farrow Slaughterhousers [11]
    Farrow Slaughterhousers [11]
    Farrow Razorback Crew [0]
    Efaarit Scouts [0]
    Efaarit Scouts [0]

Quote Originally Posted by Seikishi View Post
    I'm liking him with Targ, a battle boar, 2 road hog and 4 war hogs in Thornfall Alliance. It's essentially the
    anti-warjack list with increased arm, no knockdown, and crit knockdown retaliatory strike.
    I enjoy this more with arkadius than carver for the hyper aggressive, guardian beast, retaliatory strike combo, also two gunboars cause pow 10 counterblast is mad stupid against birds and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by MessOfMinions View Post
    I enjoy this more with arkadius than carver for the hyper aggressive, guardian beast, retaliatory strike combo, also two gunboars cause pow 10 counterblast is mad stupid against birds and the like.
    You can't have both aggravator and guardian beast up so you get one or the other. Guardian beast also requires Arkadius near the front lines and I'm smart enough to know what I'm bad at, and that is keeping a frontline Arkadius safe.

Fair, I meant having both abilities has been a great boon for me, compared to the armor of carver.

Carver also brings no knockdown and the ability to actually contribute late game. I'll admit it might look better on paper then the table. I've only played it once because I've been playing Sturm and Drang any chance I can get.

i just take this thread because i think my question is not worth a new one. BUT! what is the purpose of the farrow commandos? i cannot wrap my head around them.

To ambush them with the theme. It forces your opponent to have take them into consideration. CRA on AOEs can be gross since it ups the blast damage as well.

Destroyer of Worlds

Don't forget that CRA adds to the damage roll and not the POW so blast damage is (POW*.5)+#of participants and not (POW+#of participants)*.5. Plus appropriate dice.

thanks

So in a case of pow 12 with all 10 Models it is on a direkt hit 12+10+2W6. And all Models under the Aloe other then the direkt hit arme 6 + 10+ 2W6?
    Last edited by genaschtes; 01-10-2017 at 10:47 AM.

I really liked my list pre Lanyssa change, but am having some trouble adjusting it. A month ago this is what it looked like. I have played it about 10 times and my only loss was because I forgot Siege had mage sight which lead to carver not being screened by the forest and eating a lot of artillery.

Carver
    -War Hog
    -War Hog
    -Road Hog
    -Road Hog
    -Splatter Boar
    -Battle Boar
    -Battle Boar
    -Battle Boar
    -Targ
    -Lanyssa
    -Orrin

Really not sure who stays between Targ and Lanyssa, as taking targ out really makes the Splatter kind of dubious. I really like Orrin because arm debuffs and stuff like strangle hold REALLY hurt this list as it has so few models that really need to stay alive. Also he is brilliant for unjamming the front line.

Combatant

Here is my list im brigging to a major French tournament in a month:

Carver1 (Lord Carver BMMD Esq. III) -28
    - Gun Boar 9
    - Gun Boar 9
    - Splatter Boar 8
    - Battle Boar 7
    - Battle Boar 7
    - Battle Boar 7
    - War Hog 15
    - War Hog 15
    - War Hog 15
    Maximus 4
    Lanyssa Ryssyll 4
    Gremlin Swarm 3

L O V I N G the gunboars with carver, that 19" boostable pow 13 rat 7 threat range is crazy!!

Destroyer of Worlds Angry Norway's Avatar

Looks like some Medium Boars need to be on the purchase list at some point alas.

Back in my day we bought our seven Warhogs and were content*

*I joke. We were never content.
    I support non-image bloated signatures. My sense of humour is deficient.
    Post count equates time spent typing online and nothing more.
    My r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ extremely specific batreps

Here is my most recent list

Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III - WB: +28
    - Targ - PC: 4
    - War Hog - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
    - War Hog - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
    - War Hog - PC: 15
    - Battle Boar - PC: 7
    - Battle Boar - PC: 7

Rorsh - Rorsh & Brine: 15
    - Brine
    - Splatter Boar - PC: 8
    Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 4
    Gremlin Swarm - PC: 3

Farrow Razorback Crew - Gunner & Grunt: 5
    Farrow Razorback Crew - Gunner & Grunt: 5

A couple changes I've made, Targ, Lanyssa and gremlin swarm used to be slaughterhousers if you want to play in theme and get an efaarit scout. However since Carver is my Una2 drop I decided to go out of theme for Lanyssa to be able to remove flight and make melee attacks on Una's feat. The splatter boat on Rorsh lets me spam Lucky Shot onto the Razorback Crews for Rat 9 shots (4+2 animus+2aim+1 vet leader) also Brine is amaze balls, even without benefiting from Batten or Mobility. Targ lets me shoot the cloud shot from the splatter twice and semi create LOS issues to Carver, gremlins are the target just get some helpful drifts with lucky shot. I've played this into a lot of lists, but Carver is paired with Calaban to cover infantry swarms and anything I feel Carver can't "ask his questions" into.
    Originally Posted by Mod_Josh
    Feralgeist's Razor: if interpreting a rule a particular way would make you want to field the maximum allowable numbers of a given model in every army you create, the correct interpretation is probably the other one.