Destroyer of Worlds

Default "After" - Conditional or Timing?

As far as I'm aware, until now the ruleset has used the word "after" in abilities to reference a time something can be done, it hasn't been used in a conditional fashion. This is mainly in cases where the surrounding context doesn't make it obvious.

Examples
    1. Beatback - It doesn't matter if something is pushed or not, if its on the table, you get your advance(See beatback vs sturdy models)
    2. Rorsh & Brine Diversionary tactics - It doesn't matter if any damage rolls are resolved, you get your advance
    3. Prime axiom drag - It doesn't matter if the model is physically moved or not for the free attack
    4. Eiryss 1's disruptor bolt/replenishing focus/squire - It doesn't matter if the warcaster actually replenishes focus or not, it can still pull from the squire

We've recently had a ruling that says "after" is a conditional statement(Bounding leap). That ruling was obviously the way the question should have went, but it breaks the way the word is used in the ruleset and introduces doubt in future rule interactions since the meaning has become diluted.

Can we see an errata to the ability to remove the use of the word "after" in this fashion in order to maintain a consistent use of the word in the ruleset?

P.S. If anyone can find any examples of the use of after in a non-timing fashion, I'd welcome it. I don't know every ability in the game by a long shot, so I may be missing something. The closest I've come is assault, but the use of the word there and the surrounding text of the rule makes it obviously still a timing statement, not a conditional(the conditionals are handled by other sections)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzule View Post
    As far as I'm aware, until now the ruleset has used the word "after" in abilities to reference a time something can be done, it hasn't been used in a conditional fashion. This is mainly in cases where the surrounding context doesn't make it obvious.

Examples
    1. Beatback - It doesn't matter if something is pushed or not, if its on the table, you get your advance(See beatback vs sturdy models)
    2. Rorsh & Brine Diversionary tactics - It doesn't matter if any damage rolls are resolved, you get your advance
    3. Prime axiom drag - It doesn't matter if the model is physically moved or not for the free attack
    4. Eiryss 1's disruptor bolt/replenishing focus/squire - It doesn't matter if the warcaster actually replenishes focus or not, it can still pull from the squire

We've recently had a ruling that says "after" is a conditional statement(Bounding leap). That ruling was obviously the way the question should have went, but it breaks the way the word is used in the ruleset and introduces doubt in future rule interactions since the meaning has become diluted.

Can we see an errata to the ability to remove the use of the word "after" in this fashion in order to maintain a consistent use of the word in the ruleset?

P.S. If anyone can find any examples of the use of after in a non-timing fashion, I'd welcome it. I don't know every ability in the game by a long shot, so I may be missing something. The closest I've come is assault, but the use of the word there and the surrounding text of the rule makes it obviously still a timing statement, not a conditional(the conditionals are handled by other sections)
    You should notice that Leap was only conditional because the event in question was one option out of many.

See also "after killing an enemy model" vs. "after resolving the attack".

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by solkan View Post
    You should notice that Leap was only conditional because the event in question was one option out of many.

See also "after killing an enemy model" vs. "after resolving the attack".
    Can you provide a specific example? I can't think of any off the top of my head and as good as war rooms search is now, it's not quite that good. I'd just like concrete comparisons.