Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 74
  1. #1
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    816

    Default Guess what theme we get?

    What theme do you think we will get?

    I hope it will be one that includes Ogryn and Legionnaires.

    What are you looking forwards to seeing?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanX View Post
    What theme do you think we will get?

    I hope it will be one that includes Ogryn and Legionnaires.

    What are you looking forwards to seeing?
    NO! I want theme that is playable so no Ogruns and Legionaires.
    We need something that will help us overcome how overpriced our beast are. Some kind of heavy beast theme would be nice for either Abby, Vayl or Thags. I would also love Strider theme. Ambush on Scouts and Deathstalkers wouldn't be too OP, right?

  3. #3

    Default

    The theme will obviously support nyss swordsmen and hellmouths.

    In all seriousness though I want a warbeast theme. I got into legion for the beasts. I want to stay for the beasts.
    Last edited by Kaidinah; 01-06-2017 at 05:41 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Thagrosh 2 Raek spam tier!

    I know it's not caster specific, I just want more raeks for ole' Thags

  5. #5
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    656

    Default

    My guesses:

    If it is a beast theme I am thinking a flying beast theme.

    If it is an infantry theme I am thinking Nyss (our most recent solo is the warlord so they probably will want to promote that).

  6. #6

    Default

    I very much hope it'll be a warbeast theme, we are kind of meant to be the "beast faction" after all. I suspect either something based on lesser warbeasts, or an all-flying theme.

  7. #7
    Annihilator Whiskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Warbeast theme. A little bit Machinations of Shadowy in the sense of a discount on heavy Warbeasts for each 20 points spent on heavy warbeasts would be amazing.

  8. #8
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    816

    Default

    How about every 20-30 points spent on Warbeasts we get a free lesser. That would be Abby2 and Thagrosh tastic?

  9. #9
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Hoping for a nephilim related theme.

  10. #10
    Annihilator Jabberwokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    It came from the Grimdark
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cainus_lupus View Post
    NO! I want theme that is playable so no Ogruns and Legionaires.
    We need something that will help us overcome how overpriced our beast are. Some kind of heavy beast theme would be nice for either Abby, Vayl or Thags. I would also love Strider theme. Ambush on Scouts and Deathstalkers wouldn't be too OP, right?
    Hey yo...
    the time for poncy elves is over
    So let me take a 'lil survey
    Does any one come here to play with poncy elves?
    *crickets*
    Or did you come to play the....
    *Crowd cheers* N! W! O!
    That's the New World Ogrun...by the way
    Survey says....one more for the bad guy

    LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER!
    THE NWO, THE NEW WORLD OGRUN, THE SWOLEST OF BRO-NESS, ARE TAKING OVER!
    SO THAT LEAVES ONLY. ONE. QUESTION!
    Whatcha gunna do? WHATCHA GUNNA DO?! BROTHER!
    WHATCHA GUNNA DO WHEN THE 28 INCH PYTHONS BOTH FIGURATIVELY AND LITERALLY RUN WILD ON YOU?!!!

    And when your NWO your NWO for life!
    For every mile of road there's two miles of scather templates.
    Legion!

  11. #11

    Default

    I was pretty disappointed trolls only got 2 themes. Legion has a few main options our themes could be based on: flying circus, ogrun, magic heavy and striders immediately come to mind.
    Somewhat on topic, is anyone actually going to buy the book? I'm not willing to spend money on it just for 2 theme forces, where all the theme forces in the game could easily fit into a single No Quarter.

  12. #12
    Conqueror Mallios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    329

    Default

    I am giving serious thought to buying it, but I expect it to have some fluff to it. If it turns out otherwise, I probably wont.

  13. #13

    Default

    I want free solos! Free nyss warlords! Anyssa! Deathstalkers! Incubi! Succubus! Free Fury mgmt for playing beast heavy. Point reduction on heavies. Obviously these benifits would come from different themes but that is what id like to see.

  14. #14
    Destroyer of Worlds razcalking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    I'd bet on a "Flying Stuff" theme.

  15. #15
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Looks like Striders

  16. #16
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Fyanna the lash is a strider... I guess she'll be on the list. Free deathstalkers sound great too.

    Other than that I'm not sure what to expect!

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanX View Post
    Fyanna the lash is a strider... I guess she'll be on the list. Free deathstalkers sound great too.

    Other than that I'm not sure what to expect!
    Ambush...

  18. #18
    Conqueror Mallios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Could it be Grotesques instead?

  19. #19
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Fyanna with Ambush. I hope its a warbeast with ambush. That sounds good. As long as it has long leash too...

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanX View Post
    Fyanna with Ambush. I hope its a warbeast with ambush. That sounds good. As long as it has long leash too...
    No. Deathstalkers or Scouts with Ambush. It's totally legit.

    Also - called it!

  21. #21
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    306

    Default

    It would be nice if any blighted nyss unit in the theme could gain ambush. BFS or raptors, for example. I wish my cynical side wasn't whispering "it's just gonna be scouts" constantly.
    Like this post! (n) others liked this post.

  22. #22

    Default

    I's just gonna be scouts, and maybe fyanna if we're lucky

  23. #23
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmist View Post
    I's just gonna be scouts, and maybe fyanna if we're lucky
    Fyanna2?
    Like this post! (n) others liked this post.

  24. #24

    Default

    Scouts would threat 22' from either side of the table. So a 4' strip down the middle of the board where support would be safe. Seems pretty good.

  25. #25
    Destroyer of Worlds Leonard_Dukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malnorma View Post
    Fyanna2?
    I'm sure our opponents would love an auto-victory as soon as Round 1 starts.
    Welcome to the All New War, where nothing can possibly go worng.

  26. #26
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard_Dukes View Post
    I'm sure our opponents would love an auto-victory as soon as Round 1 starts.
    Sounds like most of my games anyway This would save me a few hours.
    Like this post! (n) others liked this post.

  27. #27

    Default

    Just gonna copy what I said on the FB group since I'm willing to eat at least half a boot should I be wrong about more than one or two things (specifically the number of points for free solos and Deployment Zone extension) in my speculations for this theme:

    Likely this theme will include Grotesques as well, since they fall into the faster side of things these days. I'm expecting the theme will allow:
    - Non-character warbeasts with Flight
    - The Forsaken
    - Units and Solos with Flight
    - Strider Units and Solos
    - Blighted Nyss Raptor Units and Solos

    And benefits will be:
    - One unit of Grotesque Raiders gains Ambush
    - For every 30 (25? 20?) points of units (warbeasts?), add a free Solo to the army
    - +2" to your Deployment Zone


    I'd play it. I might even enjoy it, depending on the specifics. At the very least, a "Strider/Scout/Fast Beast Theme" would probably play well with Abby2, Fyanna, Vayl1/2, and Lylyth3, all of whom rank among my favorites.

  28. #28
    Annihilator Hjard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Small town Germany
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malnorma View Post
    It would be nice if any blighted nyss unit in the theme could gain ambush. BFS or raptors, for example.
    Ambushing SPD 9 cav units with 12" poison bows. So your enemy has to put his caster into a trench or rubble more or less in the middle of the table (otherwise he just get's cavalry charged with 10+4d6 for damage) and camp 5 to not auto die on every turn after the first. Yeah sounds totally reasonable...
    Would be thematic of course, but would absolutely break the game in the majority of match ups.

    Strider Scouts gaining ambush alongside the Blightblades seems to be most likely. Grotesque Raiders wouldn't be bad either that way they could get somewhere against enemies with blasts / stealth ignoring guns.

  29. #29
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hjard View Post
    Ambushing SPD 9 cav [...] would absolutely break the game in the majority of match ups.
    Yeah, I realised it after I hit the post button. I was thinking it would be great on BFS, and tried to think of what else might go in a theme with striders. My brain blurted out raptors because of one of the Lylyth themes in Mk2.

    But I let it stay there because I thought it'd be hilarious for Legion to spend a week or two telling people they should learn to play better and use terrain.
    Like this post! (n) others liked this post.

  30. #30
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    153

    Default

    So that's the theme for mk3 then? Armies get ambush on a unit and free solos?

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malnorma View Post
    I thought it'd be hilarious for Legion to spend a week or two telling people they should learn to play better and use terrain.
    You evil, bad, bad monster!

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malnorma View Post
    But I let it stay there because I thought it'd be hilarious for Legion to spend a week or two telling people they should learn to play better and use terrain.
    You don't want to be that guy. Some Cygnar guys are still sore after months of "git gud" routine

    Still, Strider Scouts sounds reasonable as Ambush targets. Not really sure Grotesques will be included, or that only Flying beast will be allowed (too limiting and AA doesn't fit the theme if you ask me).

  33. #33
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philamilapeed View Post
    Just gonna copy what I said on the FB group since I'm willing to eat at least half a boot should I be wrong about more than one or two things (specifically the number of points for free solos and Deployment Zone extension) in my speculations for this theme:

    Likely this theme will include Grotesques as well, since they fall into the faster side of things these days. I'm expecting the theme will allow:
    - Non-character warbeasts with Flight
    - The Forsaken
    - Units and Solos with Flight
    - Strider Units and Solos
    - Blighted Nyss Raptor Units and Solos

    And benefits will be:
    - One unit of Grotesque Raiders gains Ambush
    - For every 30 (25? 20?) points of units (warbeasts?), add a free Solo to the army
    - +2" to your Deployment Zone


    I'd play it. I might even enjoy it, depending on the specifics. At the very least, a "Strider/Scout/Fast Beast Theme" would probably play well with Abby2, Fyanna, Vayl1/2, and Lylyth3, all of whom rank among my favorites.
    I already play this with Kryssa. Though I take shepherds and will be REALLY sad with out them. Getting things on flags and in control isn't easy.

  34. #34
    Annihilator Whiskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    723

    Default

    I hope the theme force doesn't outlaw the use of Carnivean-chassis beasts. The only Warlock who can get by without them seems to be Fyanna and even she does well to include Proteus for consistently high damage output.

  35. #35
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Fyanna, Kryssa and Saeyrn can all run exactly the same kind of beast load out (and it can all fly) and it can work well. Trying to make up my ADR lists and make them not too similar. So using Kallas probably.

  36. #36
    Conqueror
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I am under the impression that we won't have Ambush for an unit, and that it was more like an inside because the theme will allow Blightblades, whom already have Ambush.

    I must admit that I had expectation for our first Theme Force, like a Warbeasts Theme or a Blighted Nyss Theme, and for now I'm a bit disappointed. Striders are far from their old glory and are only used to jam stuff up nowadays, since 6-8 POW 10 don't do much. If the Theme is really as boring as X pts of Unit gets Free Solo and a Striders unit gain Ambush, I would be a sad panda.

  37. #37
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    816

    Default

    If a Strider unit gained Prey... that would be awesome.

  38. #38
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    I don't really like Striders. They never seem to kill much, die to anything that looks at them, and just generally don't feel useful. Maybe I'm using them wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by sathoon View Post
    I'm starting to see proteus as the golden retriever/collie cross of the legion beast 'vean' family: he's very loyal if a little soft round the edges at times, likes to herd other dragonspawn, and is always dragging things back to his warlock's army line looking for praise.

  39. #39
    Annihilator Whiskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaildin View Post
    I don't really like Striders. They never seem to kill much, die to anything that looks at them, and just generally don't feel useful. Maybe I'm using them wrong.
    I have similar experiences. Half the time I use them to run and jam since they kind of suck at killing stuff.

  40. #40
    Destroyer of Worlds Falcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    In terms of killiung they are very dicey. Last game the were able to get rid of focus on Kaelyssa under Discrodia and Artificer, but most of the time they would kill models only about 6-8pts worth.

    BUT they re great for scenario, jamming and being a roadblock. I use them with Lylyth3 a lot and that's exactly what this list needs. I even prefer them more than Hellmouth due to them being mobile.

    If the theme force intents them to carry most of the actual killing, then it must give them some really good bonus or allow to play the theme without much investment on Striders.
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    So maybe you could say you're still playing rock paper scissors, only now you're playing with eight arms like some sort of bearded geek incarnation of Shiva and each success or failure impacts the next throw.
    Vassal game? PM me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •