Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hopes and Expectations for the New Errata

As a player of many factions, I want Skorne to shine as a compelling option. I'm actually grabbing some more Skorne before the Errata drops as I'm getting them at a good price. I've been greatly encouraged by what I've heard, including buffs to the Swordsmen, "prod" giving warbeasts free charges and a few hints towards changes in the Krea and some warlocks like Makeda 1.

So what are your hopes and desires for the faction? Here are a few of my hopes: I don't expect all of these, but it can't hurt to express them and hope.

That some key decent models stay the same
    I know that this sounds weird but hear me out. I really like Beasts like the Cannoneer and Gladiator. The Cannonneer in fact is one of my favorite beasts with solid armor, fantastic range, and decent hitting power in Melee once things get mixed in Melee. I'm hoping that PP doesn't decide to 'change' (IE nerf) it in all the changes.

Reduced Fury on Beasts
    Again, you might think I'm nuts with this but here me out. First, I want Skorne to be different from more 'wild' factions such as Trolls or Circle. Skorne is supposed to be known for enslavement and discipline which to me seems to lend to reduced fury compared to other Hordes factions. It just seemed weird to me to see really high fury values on Skorne Beasts, especially when Warbeasts like the Titans were typically known for being more docile to begin with.

Reduced Costs
    One key issue I find with Skorne is that they are generally over costed (with some exceptions). This usually leaves Skorne outgunned and outnumbered on the battlefield. Some models simply need a re-costing to make them decent on the field.

More Command/Control/Enslavement & Training
    One theme I would love to see more of in Skorne is an emphasis on control and command elements. This was hinted at with the most recent rendition of the Bronzeback Titan reducing fury for other Titans. I would love to see more of this expressed in the faction (Cough Cough Molik Karn & Cyclops!!). In addition, I would like to see Skorne Training and discipline be more expressed in the rules for the models. That would mean higher skill levels (MAT) not only in the Infantry but in the Beasts. I would like to see more Mid ranged and Elite Beasts that may have less fury but hit hard and accurately as per their superior training.

Increased Armor Cracking
    One thing that I really enjoyed about MK2 Skorne was its incredible ability to crack armor. I would love to see this expressed more in the faction, both with Beasts and Infantry. In fact, More cheap armor crackers would be a great way to help move the meta away from Jack Spam while leaving it as a viable option. This armor cracking may not only be damage bonuses, but the ability to either bypass armor (again showing skill over brute force) or do increased damage to larger targets.

More Combined Arms
    I would also enjoy seeing more combined arms and interactions between Beasts and Infantry. As a well-trained army it makes sense that many soldiers are trained to work along side Beasts and vice versa. I'd like to see buffs for infantry and beasts (aside from the Beast Masters) when working with the other. I would like to see more infantry who are trained to hunt larger targets.

More Command/Control Warlocks
    I would like to see Warlocks that demonstrated the ability to be an effective control caster and warlocks that buffed their beasts and/or infantry. Like many I found that many Skorne Warlocks lacked any real sense of focus. I would like to see more grand overlords of their armies that improved their minions as well as being more dangerous in person.

Improvement in the Souls/Constructs
    One area that makes Skorne interesting is their use of Constructs with souls. Yes Circle has their own constructs (and yes I'm hoping they get improved as well) but I would like to see this expanded and buffed in Skorne. I'm hoping to see more Immortal themes in the near future.

Anyway, I know that's a long list but here are my hopes for Skorne.

What are your thoughts hopes and ideas for the faction?

Annihilator

I just want people to shut up with the lrn2play and mk2mindset bull**** already.

Destroyer of Worlds Bloodsplatter artist's Avatar

Not sure on the reduced fury. I see the soldiers being super disciplined but the beasts are tortured by the paingivers. Also I'm pretty sure the fluff says somewhere that canoniers are all female because they're the only ones that can be calmed down enough to train. With the cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Dvandom View Post
    I'd make a "the grass is always greener" reference here, but any grass in the Protectorate is probably on fire.
    Currently obsessed with: Any Skorne errata spoilers
    Currently playing: Cygnar, Searforge, and Skorne
    Retired:Circle, Retribution

I really would like to see the Paingiver Taskmaster as a Ranking Officer. Why not give the Slaver-Faction access to FA2 Ranking Officers? I Would also like to see Granted: Tough and maybe a prayer style thing instead of the outright +2STR. But instead of prayers, you remove models from the unit to give all others some really good effects. (I would call it "where┤s a whip, there┤s a way").

And just make Skorne the Hordes Factions with the highest MAT and CMD. Its fluffwise the only right thing to do...

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsplatter artist View Post
    Not sure on the reduced fury. I see the soldiers being super disciplined but the beasts are tortured by the paingivers. Also I'm pretty sure the fluff says somewhere that canoniers are all female because they're the only ones that can be calmed down enough to train. With the cannon.
    I never actually found that bit about canonneer. That being said, titans *are* low fury right now. They still pretty much work.

While hilariously good, I could see the good old Bronzeback giving +1 fury to titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazni View Post
    And just make Skorne the Hordes Factions with the highest MAT and CMD. Its fluffwise the only right thing to do...
    CMD yes, MAT no. I don't know from where that idea that skornes train a lot compared to the other horde faction come, but a quick look to actual lore make clear that trolls, blighted elves, and tharns all train and fight pretty much all the time. Blighted elves being the one who are most likely to train the most.

Yes, warriors from all races train a lot...because that's their job.

The idea that Skorne do more training montages than other factions almost certainly comes from their constant harping on about Hoksune, discipline, an honourable death to avoid being hurled into the agony of the void, the veneration of the Warrior Caste above all others, etc.

On the other hand we see Trollbloods, for example, as actually having fun and trying to preserve home and hearth. And, you know, maybe get the odd ballard written about you.
    Painting Cryx, Skorne and Legion of Everblight

Pain is an illusion of the senses; despair an illusion of the mind.

Annihilator

It's not just Hoksune, but the caste system as well. "Jobs" for Skorne are something you're born to, and then trained harder for than a Soviet Olympian - the exception being pain givers.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Fabint View Post
    It's not just Hoksune, but the caste system as well. "Jobs" for Skorne are something you're born to, and then trained harder for than a Soviet Olympian - the exception being pain givers.
    The one who train harder than a soviet olympian are the blighted elves, because they were perfectionistes *before* a dragon came here and removed from their spirit any attachment to something else than their sword. They were likely to train harder than skornes to begin with, and then were conditioned and modified to be single-minded weapons.

The trollblood have likely a point in that too since the lore explicitely say that disputes are resolved through fight and that most champions and the like are veterans from hundred of battle, because trollbloods are all under siege from all direction. And under more normal time, the trollblood *still* put a lot of emphasis on fighting prowess. The Tharn are the same, but likely worse, because unlike trollblood they are perfectly willing to fight to the death for leadership, or wipe out other tribes out of spite. That's barbaric, but it sure raise the level of your warriors.

In comparison, 2/3 of all cataphracts use ranged weapons because while the Hoksune and close combat is good, practicality win out. One of the dominar can so much as publicly spit on Hoksune, and the main concern other people have is that he obviously want to be suprŕme archominar of the skorne. Treasons and betrayal is seen as a perfectly good way. Scions of great family are given high position regardless of whether they are competent - look at the lore of Zaadesh 1 as to see how he was nearly killed because his family put him way above what he could handle. Hexeris is a more classic Skorne noble, and while in public he won't spit on Hoksune, he don't care about it for anything but the appearence. Among all the current Skorne warlock, exactly two actually believe in Hoksune : Xerxis and Makeda. And both put a lot of work in strategy and leadership, while Makeda seem to seriously see it as a mean to her hand (world domination).

You talk of the casts as if it were special, but professional soldiers is the norm in the Iron Kingdom. Using all your spare time between battle to train and drill is the standard for at least half the roster of Cygnar, Khador, Everblight, the Protectorate, and it's far from unheard of from minions (slaughterhousers for example), or Trollblood (who actually is in the middle of creating a fully professional army). "Cast" isn't a magic word that give them 48h of training per day, and you're exactly as motivated by saving your community or country than by not being flayed alive by paingivers.

In short, Skorne don't strike me as the obvious choice to have absolutely exceptional combat stats. They certainly hold their own, given that, just like Trollbloods and half the factions of Warmachine, defeating your superior or neighbor is a time-accepted way to get a social promotion, but it's wrong to believe they train harder than the other. In fact, they care so much less about ethic and honor than their neighbor that they are more likely to neglect actual martial skill in favor of social skill (to scheme and backstab people) and non-conventional battle skill, as do the non-cetrati cataphracts. And a big number of their warlock directly show that.

Makeda able to go toe to toe with arguably the best swordsman in the world. Mat 7 in game. Yep our warlocks directly show their fluff! (This post is made to be a joke and in no way a shot at anyone)
    Never make friends with a Cryx player...they cheat.

In my opinion there is a huge disconnect between the skorne fantasy and the in game rules.
    You see those massive titans and you are led to believe they are harder to kill than warpwolves, but game rules states otherwise. You see all those infantry models with shields, ranks, banners and you think about them being very militarized, but they don't play like an "army" with orders, attacks in waves and so on (with some good exceptions, like TyCom that imho needs to be more central to skorne lists). You see martial warlocks with eastern weapons and you are led to think they are amazing swordsmen only to discover low mat, low pow, low fury, lowish def and arm...

This is not about skorne being underpowered, mind you. It's that on the table skorne feels so much different from what you expect them to be at glance looking at the models.
    I'm a skorne player, as such i'm unwilling to try different models within my faction and i'm stuck at mk2 list building by definition.

My painting page: https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonworkshop

I hope this Errata doesn't result in more nerfs
    I hope this Errata affects majority of our models
    I hope this Errata makes our Heavy Infantry good

In the biggest broad stroke wishlist, I would love if " How does my 2 list pairing deal with skorne" was something that had to enter the thought process rather than " I hope I get to play against skorne so I can get my DnC out of the way"

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    In the biggest broad stroke wishlist, I would love if " How does my 2 list pairing deal with skorne" was something that had to enter the thought process rather than " I hope I get to play against skorne so I can get my DnC out of the way"
    This forum really does need a +1 button. Pretty much this along with some more of that always nebulous "fun" that we lost between Mk2 and Mk3 please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    In my opinion there is a huge disconnect between the skorne fantasy and the in game rules.
    You see those massive titans and you are led to believe they are harder to kill than warpwolves, but game rules states otherwise. You see all those infantry models with shields, ranks, banners and you think about them being very militarized, but they don't play like an "army" with orders, attacks in waves and so on (with some good exceptions, like TyCom that imho needs to be more central to skorne lists). You see martial warlocks with eastern weapons and you are led to think they are amazing swordsmen only to discover low mat, low pow, low fury, lowish def and arm...

This is not about skorne being underpowered, mind you. It's that on the table skorne feels so much different from what you expect them to be at glance looking at the models.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above statement.
    Painting Cryx, Skorne and Legion of Everblight

Pain is an illusion of the senses; despair an illusion of the mind.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    The one who train harder than a soviet olympian are the blighted elves, because they were perfectionistes *before* a dragon came here and removed from their spirit any attachment to something else than their sword. They were likely to train harder than skornes to begin with, and then were conditioned and modified to be single-minded weapons.

The trollblood have likely a point in that too since the lore explicitely say that disputes are resolved through fight and that most champions and the like are veterans from hundred of battle, because trollbloods are all under siege from all direction. And under more normal time, the trollblood *still* put a lot of emphasis on fighting prowess. The Tharn are the same, but likely worse, because unlike trollblood they are perfectly willing to fight to the death for leadership, or wipe out other tribes out of spite. That's barbaric, but it sure raise the level of your warriors.

In comparison, 2/3 of all cataphracts use ranged weapons because while the Hoksune and close combat is good, practicality win out. One of the dominar can so much as publicly spit on Hoksune, and the main concern other people have is that he obviously want to be suprŕme archominar of the skorne. Treasons and betrayal is seen as a perfectly good way. Scions of great family are given high position regardless of whether they are competent - look at the lore of Zaadesh 1 as to see how he was nearly killed because his family put him way above what he could handle. Hexeris is a more classic Skorne noble, and while in public he won't spit on Hoksune, he don't care about it for anything but the appearence. Among all the current Skorne warlock, exactly two actually believe in Hoksune : Xerxis and Makeda. And both put a lot of work in strategy and leadership, while Makeda seem to seriously see it as a mean to her hand (world domination).

You talk of the casts as if it were special, but professional soldiers is the norm in the Iron Kingdom. Using all your spare time between battle to train and drill is the standard for at least half the roster of Cygnar, Khador, Everblight, the Protectorate, and it's far from unheard of from minions (slaughterhousers for example), or Trollblood (who actually is in the middle of creating a fully professional army). "Cast" isn't a magic word that give them 48h of training per day, and you're exactly as motivated by saving your community or country than by not being flayed alive by paingivers.

In short, Skorne don't strike me as the obvious choice to have absolutely exceptional combat stats. They certainly hold their own, given that, just like Trollbloods and half the factions of Warmachine, defeating your superior or neighbor is a time-accepted way to get a social promotion, but it's wrong to believe they train harder than the other. In fact, they care so much less about ethic and honor than their neighbor that they are more likely to neglect actual martial skill in favor of social skill (to scheme and backstab people) and non-conventional battle skill, as do the non-cetrati cataphracts. And a big number of their warlock directly show that.
    The difference is that you are comparing traditionally duelists to formation fighters. Tharn are what would be considered skirmishers, trollbloods might have champions who have survived numerous duels and battles but some of that can be attributed to the Trollkin constitution and regenerative powers, Nyss might have mastered swordsmanship traditions prior to Everblight. However they have been under the control of a dragon who could care less about their art form and prefers to further his own power, largely through the means of his dragonspawn and monstrosities. If you take the greatest Gladiator of Rome and throw him into a battle he will be killed, not because he has lack of talent, but because he is used to duels or small scale combat. These other factions prefer a chaotic melee of enemies and allies all around. Do you know how Persia, China, Alexander, Rome, or England became large scale Empires? Through formation fighting as they chewed through their more Barbaric (and possibly more heroic/strong/skilled) neighbors. Formation fighting is what Skorne should excel at and unfortunately they are not equipped with the skills (flank, defensive line, gang, etc) that would accurately reflect the advantages of formation fighting outside of shieldwall and combined melee. Topped with avg/below avg stats on a faction traditionally seen as a melee faction means people reach for the easiest fix (like bumping their MAT).

The arguement that Skorne should have higher MATs then they currently have is valid when you consider the same arguement that you posed in that the other factions are not training any more/harder as "all factions have professional soldiers." Cygnar does not have more hours in the day yet their trencher infantry has equal or better MATs as our praetorians despite praetorians training exclusively with their melee weapon(s) and trenchers train with rifles, bayonets, smoke bombs, etc. I could dismiss this if there were equivalent skills gained as the effect of their training yet as I mentioned above that is absent.

Destroyer of Worlds

I'm doing my best to keep my expectations tempered and reasonable. Right now what I would like more then anything if our infantry broadly got more playable. While our beast stable is pretty unfortunate aside from Karax, Ferox, and Reivers I'm pretty down about most of our unit based options.
    A dead man's coin spends as good as any other.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrid View Post
    Makeda able to go toe to toe with arguably the best swordsman in the world. Mat 7 in game. Yep our warlocks directly show their fluff! (This post is made to be a joke and in no way a shot at anyone)
    Note that the fight ended because Makeda ran out of warbeasts to transfer to. She wasn't winning because she wasn't getting stabbed, she was winning because she got stabbed and it didn't kill her.

(Though given Blood of Kings we know that Vinter getting stabbed wouldn't kill him either, so it was kind of a silly fight anyway).

What i hope is to have a functioning and fun army, feared and respected by the players of the other factions. Right now skorne doesn't even register in their mind, people just forget this faction exists. I read a post some times ago about caster diversity and one poster compiled a list of good to decent casters played in tournaments the last 6 months, and he totally forgot about skorne.

I wish people, while looking through skorne cards, will think "wow, i would really like that in my army". Only beast handlers makes people say this, but they usually prefer choir anyway (and honestly i would prefer choir myself). I'd really like for skorne to have something unique better than any other faction out there.

It's not asking for being OP, it's asking for a unique niche where skorne perform better than anyone else. That something that make you feel special.

Right now we aren't:
    - the most resilient
    - the most shooty
    - the fastest
    - the best denial faction
    - the most accurate
    - the most powerful in magic
    - the hardest hitters
    - the best small based infantry faction
    - the best medium based infantry faction
    - the best cavalry faction
    - the best huge base faction
    - the best light beasts faction
    - the best heavy beasts faction
    - the best combined arms faction
    - the faction with the most powerful casters
    - the faction with the casters with most personal power
    - the most swarmy faction
    - the faction with the most movement tricks
    - the faction that can use the terrain the best
    - the faction that creates new terrain on the go
    - the faction with the best allrounders (beast and infantry that can cover more than 1 role well)
    - the most evasive faction
    - the best at attrition
    - the best at recursion
    - the best at assassination
    - the best at scenario

I would accept even a couple of ties to be honest (like for resilience i feel there is a tie between Khador and Trolls). But something to feel like "at this i'm the best". Is it too much to ask?
    I'm a skorne player, as such i'm unwilling to try different models within my faction and i'm stuck at mk2 list building by definition.

Honestly? The biggest thing I want is interesting Warlocks that bring different play styles to the table. For too many editions Skorne Warlocks have just been underpowered and dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Donesh View Post
    Honestly? The biggest thing I want is interesting Warlocks that bring different play styles to the table. For too many editions Skorne Warlocks have just been underpowered and dull.
    This a million times this!
    Never make friends with a Cryx player...they cheat.

Destroyer of Worlds

And when we do get something strong it's in a really dull way, like eMakeda of "Never cast any spells" fame.

Destroyer of Worlds BarskeMannen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrid View Post
    She was getting wrecked in that fight. She was killing warbeasts through transfers and Vinter still came out on top.
    My tin dudes can take your tin dudes.

PbP characters: Vys Elyntheir (IWC)

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by BarskeMannen View Post
    She was getting wrecked in that fight. She was killing warbeasts through transfers and Vinter still came out on top.
    Nope, he even admits that they are equal, and in the backfight she almost killed him even without warbeasts. Seacat also stated that she is now (Makeda 2) a better swordmaster than Vinter (a few months ago in the Forum).

Quote Originally Posted by KrŠhe View Post
    Nope, he even admits that they are equal, and in the backfight she almost killed him even without warbeasts. Seacat also stated that she is now (Makeda 2) a better swordmaster than Vinter (a few months ago in the Forum).
    Skorne has finally exceeded the martial prowess of a corpse!

And people said the fluff doesn't match the models.

Allright, relax. The errata is probably going to be less gigantic and all-encompassing than were letting ourselves hope for. We know they want to rebalance the faction. We know that their erratas are generally small. We know they prefer erratas that nudge rather than revolutionize.

Will Shick from the first errata-insider.
    "While this errata document represents only a small and measured first step in reaching this goal, we hope it will provide a strong foundation on which to build going forward."

Then again if christmas is not over :P my wishlist includes a nice synergy between our constructs. Oh, and a discount for Marketh. Oh, oh, oh: and archidon buff.

To start off: I think Makeda2 is starting to register on the "what to look out for/plan for" list at least over scandinavia with most other factions thinking of how to handle her and even starting to make list changes to handle her. Whatever you think of how fun she is, she close to the top.

For the topic at hand:
    I hope the casters in general gets the most work. As I have stated before I dont think our non-casters models are significantly worse than any other factions, but our casters simply don't hold up. I think Mak2, Hexy2 and Mordikaar might be up to level. With Morg1, Zadesh2, Xerxis1, Rashet and Makeda3 possibly being close with just small tweaks needed (or even meta swings). Xerx2, Morg2, Xekaar, Hexy1, Mak1 and both zaals need a lot of help to get up to speed. Xerx2 already feels like the right direction from spoiled changes.

Medium based units needs a lot of help. I hope the rumoured changes come together with a significant points decrease or they will still not see the table.

Constructs need some buffs. I hope the rumoured return of AGs buffing immortal speed does not also come with a drawback on the immortal UA not granting speed. At an effective speed 8 with help of a solo, UA and souls I could see myself brining some immortals from time to time.

I hope we get rush on a light somwhere. Always starting our heavy stable with a gladiator makes it really hard for the other melee beaters to get a chance in lists. A cheaper rush light would really help for variety in lists and unlocking a lot of underused options.

I was hoping for a general decrease in pointcosts for heavy beasts across all faction but the previous errata kind of shattered those dreams so not too hopefull anymopre, but still on my wishlist.

Some way to decrease def on enemy models, preferably that doesnt need to hit and can do it in an area (Hello mk2 Krea?)

Som better defensive stats on some of our lights. Drake, Keea and shaman are both hit easily and afraid of e-leaps and such. Would be helpfull if they got some survivability at least.
    WTC team Sweden Dynamite 2015 16/50 Skarre1 (+Goreshade2)
    WTC team Sweden Nobel 2016 4/64 Karchev (+Vlad1)

Conqueror

Skorne has finally exceeded the martial prowess of a corpse!

And people said the fluff doesn't match the models.
    That was before Vinter died...

Quote Originally Posted by esque View Post
    Allright, relax. The errata is probably going to be less gigantic and all-encompassing than were letting ourselves hope for. We know they want to rebalance the faction. We know that their erratas are generally small. We know they prefer erratas that nudge rather than revolutionize.

Will Shick from the first errata-insider.
    "While this errata document represents only a small and measured first step in reaching this goal, we hope it will provide a strong foundation on which to build going forward."

Then again if christmas is not over :P my wishlist includes a nice synergy between our constructs. Oh, and a discount for Marketh. Oh, oh, oh: and archidon buff.
    That's old news.
    Pagani stated changes numbered up to 89 in that day (some weeks ago). For instance, all Soles said as a potential (and confirmed) changes sum like 25 changes... do the math.
    Skorne are a relentless army that does not give up even in death because it so completely embodies the iron and necromantic will of its generals. A clear preference for close combat. Mortitheurgy gives us a withering and terrible system of magic. Above all the skorne value strength and skill, but it is the cunning and command of dark magics that set its leaders apart. (Jason Soles MKII Field Test and May Insider)

I'm with PG Torin on a change to rush. It always say unwell with me that our beater beast gets a utility anami. It is so important to the faction and I feel I almost always need two gladiator's just in case one gets alpha'd down on the approach.

My hope has been a bit temperd with the spoilers out there and seeing the previous errata. I still Think What ever happens in the new errata that we as a whole community should be glad that pp changes with the times in a positieve way.

Also if this errata is bad or i dare say to good pp is building a system that makes sure that they can do continues improvement to the game. In the long run i Think thats the best course to take. And remember there is always pain in change. Sorry for my ramblings. Als concerned skorne player

Conqueror

When the cyclops savage gets rush, I am gonna be so smug.

[spoiler]This is not gonna happen [/spoiler]

I've been thinking that the skorne errata will include as much take as it does give. Even if "89 changes" is quite a bit off, the extensiveness and size of the errata has been repeatedly emphasized. Also, we have already heard that the Gladiator is likely to go up in points, which is a significant "take" in my opinion.

Changes are going to be quite pervasive, I suspect. Model power levels will go down as much as they go up for the most part. Hopefully they'll go up a little bit more often.

Well if they happen to nerf us again, they'll just lose almost all the skorne players and they'll end up with a dead faction (or dead product, something they spent time developing but that doesn't generate revenue. A financial loss). I doubt it's their intention tbh.

Destroyer of Worlds Sardonic Artery's Avatar

I could go with a long list, but the big thing is this: I want to see Skorne be the most resistant faction to shooting. Right now, we got shot to bits, then we eat an alpha strike. If we're going to be the counterpunch faction, gun resistance is key (so yes, the krea buff is a good start).

If Skorne can shrug off guns best, A) it'll fit with their fluff that guns are for cowards; B) they'll have a niche in the game; and C) they'll affect the meta.
    In honor of the Skorne errata, PP should just make the forums one big salt shaker.

Well after seeing what EoT gets for 20 points I hope Molik gets one hell of a rework. PP really needs to take a long hard look at their animus tax.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic Artery View Post
    I could go with a long list, but the big thing is this: I want to see Skorne be the most resistant faction to shooting. Right now, we got shot to bits, then we eat an alpha strike. If we're going to be the counterpunch faction, gun resistance is key (so yes, the krea buff is a good start).

If Skorne can shrug off guns best, A) it'll fit with their fluff that guns are for cowards; B) they'll have a niche in the game; and C) they'll affect the meta.
    What'd it do is that it'd fit their fluff that they've spent the last decade taking repeated drafts of the best their empire has to offer, feeding them into meatgrinders in Cygnar and Ios, and have gotten pretty good at it.
    Zaal Prime rewards the ability to get half of your list boxed by the top of turn three.
    Epic Zaal rewards the ability to get half of your list boxed in a single turn.

Destroyer of Worlds legionaires's Avatar

I want to see a faction that I'm excited to play again.
    Maudlin "I would go to any length for bacon"

Warmachine and Hordes Releases back to July 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Indragnir View Post
    That's old news.
    Pagani stated changes numbered up to 89 in that day (some weeks ago). For instance, all Soles said as a potential (and confirmed) changes sum like 25 changes... do the math.
    We know its not gonna be 89 buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by GodsProxy View Post
    Well after seeing what EoT gets for 20 points I hope Molik gets one hell of a rework. PP really needs to take a long hard look at their animus tax.
    Yeah, to be honest after seeing EoT and Feora 3 i'm really tempted to quit skorne for Menoth. EoT puts to shame everything we have barring maybe Tiberion (and only because of shield guard).

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    Yeah, to be honest after seeing EoT and Feora 3 i'm really tempted to quit skorne for Menoth. EoT puts to shame everything we have barring maybe Tiberion (and only because of shield guard).
    I am currently playing PoM and excited for the changes to skorne. I have four figures invested into my Skorne collection collecting dust. It's going to be a hard sell for me after seeing EoT and the new jack theme list. This had better be good or I'm dropping Skorne for good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast