Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Combatant

My main thought is that beasts shouldn't get reduced fury. from a game sense, we should about on terms with other similar beasts. what is odd is that the enslaved bests don't frenzy more. they should be headred to control, they aren't totally willing, so some could look at having thr reduced. this would also make beastmasters more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by gupp View Post
    My main thought is that beasts shouldn't get reduced fury. from a game sense, we should about on terms with other similar beasts. what is odd is that the enslaved bests don't frenzy more. they should be headred to control, they aren't totally willing, so some could look at having thr reduced. this would also make beastmasters more useful.
    From a lore standpoint, it makes sense that Skorne warbeasts frenzy the least. Skorne dedicate a lot of time and resources making sure that their warbeasts are obedient as well as battle ready.

Quote Originally Posted by legionaires View Post
    I want to see a faction that I'm excited to play again.
    THIS ^^
    So much this statement.
    "Oh my lord here's a just reward, Bring me my devil, just behind the door"

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    In the biggest broad stroke wishlist, I would love if " How does my 2 list pairing deal with skorne" was something that had to enter the thought process rather than " I hope I get to play against skorne so I can get my DnC out of the way"
    Yupp... Honestly the biggest thing that I noticed after switching back to Mercs was my opponents seeing me start pulling a caster or a list out of my bag and saying "Oh no not that caster" or "Crap, I don't know how I am supposed to deal with this list". It feels good to be able to put something on the table that people are actually worried about or need to think about , instead of just throwing down some generic list and being like 'I see you have Skorne models on the table, I'm sure this list will be fine'
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Nyss are known to raid pillow factories all across the northern border of Khador. It's super weird and super annoying for the rural folk just trying to get a comfortable night's sleep.
    If you're interested in programming, check out my blog! (Not Warmachine related, but I'm not ashamed of the plug)

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by wolf9416 View Post
    Yupp... Honestly the biggest thing that I noticed after switching back to Mercs was my opponents seeing me start pulling a caster or a list out of my bag and saying "Oh no not that caster" or "Crap, I don't know how I am supposed to deal with this list". It feels good to be able to put something on the table that people are actually worried about or need to think about , instead of just throwing down some generic list and being like 'I see you have Skorne models on the table, I'm sure this list will be fine'
    Both Zaadesh, Makeda 2, and Rasheth make some of my opponent groan.

Makeda 2 is obviously and by far the biggest one.

Destroyer of Worlds MaelstromX29's Avatar

Several really good points hit the nail on the head in this thread. I really agree with Sardonic on being the strongest faction into gunlines would be an easy way to affect the current meta and give us a delivery to slog it out without becoming OP as a faction. I also agree that the comments referring to great Empires fighting with unit discipline and tactics really would be nicely applied through means of rules like Flank, Gang, etc.

If these two elements were combined and emphasized in the errata, I truly believe we would end up with a fun and competitive faction that feels unique and could force skorne to be a thing people have to consider when developing lists.

Our general, overarching strategy would be to deliver enough of our forces to the enemy to force a late game attrition that our rules like flank and gang and CMA could win out. Providing more order options could be the way to do this, or it can be innate among certain units.

I could see Praetorian Swordsmen with Flank (something), Keltarii with gang, Venator Reivers with Suppressing Fire. As a few examples.

Conqueror

Things I would *love* to see but probably won't happen (these are only a few wishlisting things that spring to mind that seem reasonable). Theyre also things I feel havent been raised elsewhere

Warlocks:
    Naaresh +1 spd, sprint, changing blur to quicken would be ideal

Solos
    AG: -2 armour, impervious flesh
    Aptimus Marketh: drop pc to 4 OR let him upkeep for free without souls
    Hakaar: -2 armour, impervious flesh

Nihilators: +1 defense, +1 speed, -2 armour, immune to blast damage
    Karax: no changes I can think of
    Keltaari: remain same but add +2 strength on the charge (give our speedbump unit a bit of teeth)
    Immortals: -2 armour but impervious flesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12