Default Transfering P3 paints to eye droppers.

I watched a Youtube video on how to transfer paints to eye dropper bottles. The bottles are pretty cheap on amazon, and now my only complaint about P3 paints is solved! I've seen photos of peoples paint pots getting spilled, so you might wanna try this out!

Yeah, I did the same with the whole P3 paint set I bought for Christmas, and I'm not looking back. One thing though - I'm not sure how much are dropper bottles on Amazon, but I got my 20ml refillable squeezable dropper bottles for about six bucks/50 pieces on AliExpress - may or may not be a good deal, but it was way cheaper than what I could have gotten locally in pharmacy, or something like that.

I also made custom labels for them, that you can print on sticky label sheet, because I could cleanly peel off like one in three from the original bottles. But since it uses the Formula P3 logo (yeah, I like it), I probably can't be sharing this here, as it's most probably breaching trademark/copyright/ip/whatever (I'm really no expert on American laws...) - on an off chance any PP staffer reads this - could you confirm/deny?
    Perfect is the enemy of good!

I think you'd be ok to post photos as long as you are not selling the bottles, no harm done I would believe.
    That's way cool you made the labels though cause I reused mine but they didn't stick to well and are all wrinkled and stuff. Also I think you got a slightly better deal then me it was 5$ for the 10 bottle set on amazon.

Yeah, my original plan was to reuse the ones from the bottles, but after I tore the third-or-so in the sequence, I just decided to make labels.
    Also, I'm really happy that I'm not the only freak transfering stuff to dropper bottles

Conqueror

What was the video titled? I am looking to do the same thing.
    Semper Altus

Papoose: I assure you, that you don't need a video guide to pour stuff from one container to another one I recommend adding some agitator ball to the pot before, and shake it well - some of the paints I got were pretty gooey. I also used a big brush to scrape the paint left after the "pour" off of the P3 bottle, and transferred it to the dropper. That way I got about 90% of the colour from bottles to droppers, some of it I spilled, some of it, was left in the brush, and some was just plain not doable in reasonable time, which I value more than a miliiter of paint.
    Good luck!

Annihilator

Have to say, I wish PP would have used dropper bottles as well. I may eventually transfer mine, but as PG_rajcze says, at a certain point, time becomes an issue. Plus, I am a bit of a cheapskate and the combination of buying a number of extra bottles (cheap though they may be) and losing paint in the process bugs me. :P

I mostly buy VJ and the only reason is because they come in dropper bottles. But I'm finding more and more I like the P3 paints better so I've been buying them and transferring them over to a set of dropper bottles I bought a while ago (was about 30 cents per bottle I think). Couple of things I do to make it easier:
    1) create a paper funnel using a bit of paper and some masking tape. Makes the transfer much MUCH easier at the cost of a little bit of paint
    2) after pouring most of the paint out I add a little bit of water (like 20 drops from a pipet) and give the pot a good shake to get most of the rest out. You still aren't going to get 100% but I hate the though of wasting money on wasting paint so this step makes me feel better :P

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Zerodaimaru View Post
    I mostly buy VJ and the only reason is because they come in dropper bottles.
    I use a lot of Reaper paints for the same reason. So much easier to mix and measure.

I did this a while ago, too. Dropper bottles for life.

I didn't manage to keep any labels - no idea how anyone I've seen with them stuck on the new bottles did so, mine were way to stuck on to come off clean. So I just made some with a label maker I got from an office supplies place.