Conqueror

Default Theme Lists Question

I've noticed that all of the theme lists released so far don't allow for the inclusion of Character Jacks/Beasts. This is the same as in Mk2 but the difference being that as the themes were caster specific you could always take the associated character jack/beast (e.g. Mulg & Doomy, Fire of Salvation & Kreoss, Thorn & Haley etc). Equally when the Character Jack was released after the list there was a rider on the card stating that this Jack/Beast can always be taken in a list featuring the caster/lock (e.g. Hand of Judgement & Feora). I'm half anticipating the upcoming Protectorate Themes to follow this path as well as the ones to be released in No Quarter.

My question is: was this intentional? And if not is there any plan to change it? And if so, why was this done? I understand not allowing open season on all the Troll Characters for the Power of Dhunia list but surely if Doomy was leading a beast heavy list his own bonded beast would be the first one he'd want with him? Equally when putting together a Kingmaker force would Damiano not want Rocinante with him?
    My Warmachine/Hordes Blog: http://warmachinehordes.blogspot.co.uk/

Destroyer of Worlds

You still can take bonded char beasts with their caster in a theme force. What you can't do is taking a character beast of jack who isn't bonded to your caster.

An army made using a theme force can include any character warbeasts that can be bonded to a particular warlock as part of that warlock’s battlegroup whether or not the warbeast can normally be included in armies made using the theme force.
    EXAMPLE: Jason uses a Trollbloods theme force to create an army with Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls as its warlock. The army can still include Mulg the Ancient even if the warbeast is not on the theme force list because Mulg has a special rules stating it is bonded to Doomshaper.
    I guess your name is Jason.

Conqueror

Ah cool, I hadn't seen that, where's that from? Also just checked warroom and that matches. Sorry for being thick!
    My Warmachine/Hordes Blog: http://warmachinehordes.blogspot.co.uk/

Destroyer of Worlds

No problem. It's in the rulebook, but it's easy to miss something.