Thread: List Creation

Default List Creation

Hey guys,

So I got some new units over the holidays, yaay!, and am now wondering what are a couple good lists I could run.

My units are as follows:
    Rask/Calaban/Barnabas
    Wrastler/Spitter
    Croaks/Posse/Ambushers
    Alten Ashley/Mist Speaker/Bog Trog Trawler/Witch Doc/Hutchuk/Rorsh and Brine/Totem Hunter/Targ

One list I have is Barnbas - Targ/Wrastler/Spitter, Witch Doc, Hutchuk, Rorsh and Brine, Totem hunter, Ambushers and Posse

Another list I am thinking is Rask - Targ/Wrastler/Spitter, Alten, Mist Speaker, Trawler, Ambushers, Rosh and Brine, Totem Hunter, Hutchuk and then either min unit of Croak Raiders or Posse.

out of all my units am I making decent lists? Any tweaks to those lists? Or any total revamps I should do?

Plus any models I should get to really round out my army?

All input is greatly appreciated!!

Oh and I realize I posted this in the wrong thread, couldn't delete or move! Sorry!
    Last edited by RamsesII; 01-09-2017 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Wrong Thread

Welcome to the Swamp! Don't worry about being in the right or wrong thread too much. We are pretty easy going about that here.
    As to your lists, the big thing to ask yourself is "What do I want this list to do? Will this list be able to do it? How will it do it?" The other big thing is to test it out a few times and see if it then does what you are wanting it to do on the table. I've had tons of lists that looked great in my head and on paper, but once I play with it I realized that it was lacking somewhere. This especially becomes apparent as you test it out in your local meta.

So, having said that, I would say that both of your lists look doable. At the moment Posse aren't as amazing as they were in MKII, but if that is what you have then go with it.
    As to new things to add:
    Farrow Brigands +UA. They are really solid right now.
    Swamp Horror: This beast is a nice addition for utility and doing a bit of work.
    Another Wrastler: Being able to have on use Rage on the other is really amazing.
    Lanyssa: She adds threat range and Fury management (free charge).
    Lesser Warlocks: Wrong Eye and Dhalia are both really nice as they are able to do damage and act fairly independently.

After that, what else you get will depend a lot on your own personal style and preferences.
    QUOTE (poeticruse @ Mar 27 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So please, think of the goats. Don't demand official answers.
    QUOTE (poeticruse @ Apr 16 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "fruitbatbananacoated"

Posse are kind of just there I guess because I had the left over points haha. I wasn't sure if a min unit of Croaks or posse would do better. I definitely want to pick up the brigands and Lanyssa. I wanted to keep away from pigs but some of their stuff just seems too good. And of course the objective is to win! I was hoping to get some synergy going with all the bog trogs and the mist speaker for the little +1 buff.

I've yet to really have the Mist Speaker help the Trogs as they are so far up field due to Ambush. But, he does help Rask, who is a Bog Trog
    QUOTE (poeticruse @ Mar 27 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So please, think of the goats. Don't demand official answers.
    QUOTE (poeticruse @ Apr 16 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "fruitbatbananacoated"

So I played this list tonight Barnbas - Targ/Wrastler/Spitter, Witch Doc, Hutchuk, Rorsh and Brine, Totem hunter, Ambushers and Posse.

Played into Cygnar with Ole Rowdy, Storm Wall, Storm Lances, Stryker 2, Gibbs, Charger, Some bag piper and a junior caster and some strangewall or strange something guy? I forget his name. Played a scenario where we both had objectives in the zone and we had to destroy the opponents objective before we could start scoring points. I didn't AD or ambush my ambushers at all. Opting to keep them close to the Mist Speaker for the little boost.

My totem hunter hid in a forest on the right forcing him to bunch up in the middle a bit as the charger was my prey. Took out his gun and did 15 damage to the charger before dying. Brine ripped apart Ole Rowdy before Rowdy could even do a single thing. Sadly I was unable to try out Hutchuk as he got shot of the table instantly. My posse went model for model on the storm lances. The short of it is I was bashing my opponent pretty good and he opted for an assassination run on Barnas with Stryker. He overloaded, got whatever amount of strength and did 10 damage to himself, then charged Barnabas who was surrounded by a Wrastler, Mist Speaker, Rorsh, and Ambushers. One ambusher was able to get a free strike off and pulled Stryker towards him interrupting his charge and putting him out of range of Barnabas. He had feated that turn so he was able to take another move towards Barnabas and one attack, which did 15 damage (so close!). Next turn Stryker was pulverized and I won!