Default Holden, crossroads of courage

how you guys represent holden? i use a ghost sniper....

also, how is holden fit in retribution? rule-wise and fluff-wise, isnt supposed we should kill al humans?

Human mages*. But it's easier to say death to the round ears.

Holt-en.

May as well use him sometimes!
    Championing Garryth since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Evincar View Post
    also, how is holden fit in retribution? rule-wise and fluff-wise, isnt supposed we should kill al humans?
    A common misconception. There is even a case in which a young human arcanist witnesses their teacher/mentor be killed by a Retribution assassin (Narn? I forget.). The assassin, rather than killing this arcanist, warns them to stop and start down a different path or face the same fate in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeurian View Post
    A common misconception. There is even a case in which a young human arcanist witnesses their teacher/mentor be killed by a Retribution assassin (Narn? I forget.). The assassin, rather than killing this arcanist, warns them to stop and start down a different path or face the same fate in the future.
    I think I missed this story. Do you happen to remember what it was in?
    Garryth mk3 record and kills: 3-0 .... Ossrum, Kromac2, Venethrax

eTwins record and kills: 3-1 .... Kills: Harkevich .... Scenario wins vs: Old Witch, Sorscha 1 .... Scenario loss vs: Amon

I should caution, this is not first hand and I am heavily paraphrasing from only memory. I believe this was before the Narn short story so it's likely out of a NQ.

There is a similar story like that in the mage hunter prestige class entry for the really old ikrpg books. There's a wagon, mage hunters show up and kill the driver, a mage, and warn the driver's child not to grow up and use magic or they'll come back and kill him too.

Holt is a human that actively works alongside Retribution.

He is not a mage so all is good.
    The new Faction is limited and self-contained like the Convergence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowking View Post
    Holt is a human that actively works alongside Retribution.

He is not a mage so all is good.
    Not to mention Madellen Corbeau and she doesn't even have the benefit of an elf buddy to put in a good word. Then again with her abilities, she might have LOTS of elf buddies willing to put in a good word.

Holten may just be a typical human merc, but he's a crazy human merc that seems to have some sort destined helping hand... So long as he's not a caster and willing to back stab and work for ANYONE, that potentially makes him useful for taking out actual retribution targets such as warcasters and the likes. The stories are up to us really, members of the Retribution may simply be using him, or actually like him, or be indifferent or whatever!

While Khador definitely got a very obvious elven blade in the back, most nations have no idea we even exist or that we're just hold up in our forest with a "Get off my lawn" sign in place for all to see. Between elves being rare and the few that people do end up seeing probably being either travelers or Seekers, there's not a lot of reason for bad blood from their naive point of view.