Default New(ish) to khador

New to the forum too, anywho I have Sorsha and Karchv about 5 heavy jacks (I didn't glue the arms on, and going to magnitise them so you know, even though 4 of them were from battle boxes the sorsha and the other one) and a unit of winter guard with 3 rocketeers and command attachment along with a war dog

What can i feasably build thats half decent (I know for 50 points i can feild all my warjacks and all my winter guard)

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Keiichi18 View Post
    New to the forum too, anywho I have Sorsha and Karchv about 5 heavy jacks (I didn't glue the arms on, and going to magnitise them so you know, even though 4 of them were from battle boxes the sorsha and the other one) and a unit of winter guard with 3 rocketeers and command attachment along with a war dog

What can i feasably build thats half decent (I know for 50 points i can feild all my warjacks and all my winter guard)
    Sorscha
    5 Juggernauts
    winter guard with attachment and 2 rockets

if you goal is to field all your stuff, there not much you can deviate from that.

Its more if i wanted to play 50pt games I would need to feild litrally everything I own.....jsut wondering where to go from what I gots

Destroyer of Worlds

where to go? get Kovnik Joe and a full manowar boat, which man-o War + UA. that is 24 points and gets you to 75.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisBatson View Post
    where to go? get Kovnik Joe and a full manowar boat, which man-o War + UA. that is 24 points and gets you to 75.
    Well I did have an idea for the army, and thats what wasn't a jack was a mini jack.....though I was told Man-o-war was completely useless

You have Karchev? I would say... go with Karchev and all the jacks as the core.

Then, get Kovnik Joe for the WGI.

And you could have something like:
    Karchev
    3 X Juggenaut
    2 X Marauder
    Max. WGI + UA + 3 X WA
    Kovnik Joe

Or if you don't have the warjack parts for this, make a Destroyer instead of a second Marauder and drop the WGI Unit Attachment to make room for it.

I can tell you from experience that at 50 point level smashing 5 Warjacks (+Karchev) is no easy task. And that's even if there's nothing else in list. In this list there would also be WGI with Rocketeers. Rockets could be used to trigger Road to War and the rest of the unit could screen Karchev from charges and/or kill infantry. WGI isn't always a good choice but they can be pretty self sufficient with Joe. Having a proper infantry unit with Karchev is an unorthodox choice but it's not a terrible idea if they can do basic stuff by themselves. Either way, while pure melee warjack list with Karchev is very much a thing, he can still appreciate some shooting while closing in. Apart from RtW-triggering, focus fire with three Rockets can cripple heavy warjack systems all by themselves and make it all that much easier for your own heavy warjacks.

Also? Karchev himself is a beast, even after the 2017 errata. He's tough and hits hard with that axe.
    Last edited by RedCommander; 01-09-2017 at 04:46 PM.

I know in the future I would also need to get the mechaniks to make it all work the reparing guys, and yeah in my locals its mostly protectrate and cryx (crix?) thats played with a single guy that plays the guys wth phionix protocals and one legion of everblight

I know in the future I would also need to get the mechaniks to make it all work the reparing guys, and yeah in my locals its mostly protectrate and cryx (crix?) thats played with a single guy that plays the guys wth phionix protocals and one legion of everblight
    Yeah, Battle Mechanics help but it's not like you can't win without them. I'm doing pretty well with my Karchev-force and I'm still waiting for my Mechanics to arrive.

yeah but a warcaster you can HEAL........sorry A WARJACK CASTER YOU CAN HEAL

Also I need help, how di I remove magnets form my models...I screwed it up I got 2 compketely useless jacks as i screwed up the magnets

yeah but a warcaster you can HEAL........sorry A WARJACK CASTER YOU CAN HEAL

Also I need help, how di I remove magnets form my models...I screwed it up I got 2 compketely useless jacks as i screwed up the magnets

Here is a thread about removing magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by Deranged Hermit View Post
    Here is a thread about removing magnets.
    I nailed it.....just no idea where the magnet went when it went pingging across my room haha

Whoa. Check out the new Winter Guard-theme for Khador: http://privateerpress.com/community/...ider-1-12-2017

Are you prescient? Your forces would work really well with this first Khador-theme.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCommander View Post
    Whoa. Check out the new Winter Guard-theme for Khador: http://privateerpress.com/community/...ider-1-12-2017

Are you prescient? Your forces would work really well with this first Khador-theme.
    Considering I don't use that many winderguard not really

Destroyer of Worlds

You should take the time to read it. You dont need any winterguard to get the benefit.

You would get the following benefits by just playing RedCommander's list as it already is.

For every full 20 points of Winter Guard models/units in this army, you can add one Winter
    Guard weapon crew unit, Winter Guard command attachment, or Winter Guard Artillery
    Kapitan solo to the army free of cost. Free models/units do not count toward the total point
    value of Winter Guard models/units in the army when calculating this bonus.

Off hand I think Joe would be free with this benefit giving you 4 more points.

Warcasters in this army gain Sacrificial Pawn [Winter Guard]. (When a model with Sacrificial
    Pawn [Winter Guard] is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack, you can have one friendly, nonincorporeal
    Winter Guard model within 3˝ of it directly hit instead. That model is automatically
    hit and suffers all damage and effects.)

Warjacks in this army gain Advance Move. (Before the start of the game, but after both players
    have deployed, a model with Advance Move can make a full advance.)
    Last edited by Deranged Hermit; 01-19-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deranged Hermit View Post
    You would get the following benefits by just playing RedCommander's list as it already is.

For every full 20 points of Winter Guard models/units in this army, you can add one Winter
    Guard weapon crew unit, Winter Guard command attachment, or Winter Guard Artillery
    Kapitan solo to the army free of cost. Free models/units do not count toward the total point
    value of Winter Guard models/units in the army when calculating this bonus.

Off hand I think Joe would be free with this benefit giving you 4 more points.

Warcasters in this army gain Sacrificial Pawn [Winter Guard]. (When a model with Sacrificial
    Pawn [Winter Guard] is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack, you can have one friendly, nonincorporeal
    Winter Guard model within 3˝ of it directly hit instead. That model is automatically
    hit and suffers all damage and effects.)

Warjacks in this army gain Advance Move. (Before the start of the game, but after both players
    have deployed, a model with Advance Move can make a full advance.)
    The benefits are awesome if one has at least 20 points of Winter Guard. Max. WGI+3xRockets+Joe= 20 points, which earns a free UA (or Mortar, Field Gun or Kapitan). Quick note: Joe can't be bought for free. He's not a Winter Guard weapon crew unit, Winter Guard command attachment, or Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan solo.

Even without any Winter Guard, Advance Move for warjacks is very much worth it, if one doesn't plan to use character warjacks.

It's your call but please, do read the Khador-section of the theme force-pdf. Your models are like tailor made for the theme force.

Quick note: Joe can't be bought for free. He's not a Winter Guard weapon crew unit, Winter Guard command attachment, or Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan solo.
    Actually Joe IS free, the app confirms it and I have a full WGI with the officer and banner barrer

Actually Joe IS free, the app confirms it and I have a full WGI with the officer and banner barrer
    Weird. I don't use the app, so the following is a direct quote from the Theme Forces-pdf:

"For every full 20 points of Winter Guard models/units in this army, you can add one Winter
    value of Winter Guard models/units in the army when calculating this bonus."

According to this, Joe can't be bought for free.

Weird. I don't use the app, so the following is a direct quote from the Theme Forces-pdf:

"For every full 20 points of Winter Guard models/units in this army, you can add one Winter
    value of Winter Guard models/units in the army when calculating this bonus."

According to this, Joe can't be bought for free.
    Joe counts as command me thinks

Destroyer of Worlds

Joe should not be free.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisBatson View Post
    Joe should not be free.
    Check the app Joe is completely free if you use the theme force

Kovnik Joe is a Solo.

It's true that he's taken over 95% of the time when one plays Winter Guard and there's little to no reason to pick Joe in a list that doesn't have Winter Guard but he's not a command attachment. Or a weapon crew unit or an Artillery Kapitan.

In all situations right now, Joe costs 4 points. But that's okay. Those are 4 points well spent.

The app can have technical issues in addition to rules issues.
    Last edited by RedCommander; 01-23-2017 at 11:19 PM.