Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Conqueror

Default Speculation tread: Khador Theme Forces

So there is a grunt theme and a 'jack theme for each faction.

Grunt one sounds like WGI/IF all the way
    But 'jack theme...we do not even have 'jack support solos. Will be getting MW+Yuri for free?

Hoping for +2spd turn 1
    Army wide pathfinder

Not sure what we could get for free?

I'm guessing the jack theme force will have greylords somewhere in there, maybe? They seem to be our support model, as far as there is such a clear thing as support in Khador. I'm curious as to what other bonus the list will be getting other than the free stuff.

Clearly not gonna happen wishlisting:
    All warjacks in the theme force gains accumulator (greylord).

Destroyer of Worlds The Buoyancy of Water's Avatar

I think the jack theme might give jacks aggressive. It's the only way I can see the berserker chassis being playable with more than about two casters.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroness1987 View Post
    real men play Khador
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    And Kilts are wasted on no one.
    My Khador Battle Reports

Infantry themes will be really focused. I think we will get:-
    "Modern" Infantry - WGI, AK's Widowmakers mechanics ect (Maybe some man-o-wars and greylords included but with no direct benefit)
    "Warrior Traditions" Infantry - IF's, Kossites, Manhunters (again maybe with greylord support)
    Grey lords:- With greylords and doom reavers
    Man-o-Wars:- The best for last. All the man o wars. Nothing else, oh mech's too. May also have some AK's as support.

I haven't even considered jack centric ones as we have very little in the way of support. Maybe as a part of the grey lord one? Or a combined arms one?
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Day Two Back From Vacation
    Dear Diary, Someone posted a thing about errata. I got the forums arguing about cartoons instead. 2017 is going to be alright.
    Sincerely,
    Me

Quote Originally Posted by Auracco View Post
    I'm guessing the jack theme force will have greylords somewhere in there, maybe? They seem to be our support model, as far as there is such a clear thing as support in Khador. I'm curious as to what other bonus the list will be getting other than the free stuff.

What about Marshaled Jacks gain Accumulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Day Two Back From Vacation
    Dear Diary, Someone posted a thing about errata. I got the forums arguing about cartoons instead. 2017 is going to be alright.
    Sincerely,
    Me

I think we're not getting jack theme anytime soon. They all seem to be "take 25 pts, get free jack support solo", but we have no jack support solo yet until that Koldun mow with empower gets released.

I'm guessing one is mow theme with free mow uas and solos and some ability for mows, hopefully some form of pathfinder and advance deploy for 1 unit.
    Second is Winter guard with free artillery/Joe/officers and I hope CMA for Winter guard.

Then at some point we'll get Koldun and IF themes. IF can be done right now, the problem will be figuring out the relevant ability to give them since they already have access to pretty much every ability infantry can want. Koldun will probably wait for more releases, Koldun+jack idea from mk2 was cool.

I don't think Kossite theme is salvageable at this model pool. So is doomie theme, mk2 MDoW was ridiculously wacky combination of low variety and high power level which they seem to not aim for in mk3 themes.
    Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 01-10-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auracco View Post
    Whoa. That would be awesome. If it actually happened.

As for actual predictions? We get that MoW-theme. Then, it'll be a long wait for a second one. That could be jacks or WG, I don't know.

Conqueror

How about +1 Arm and +1 Strength for all jacks theme??

It is possible we get some sort of jack support solo in the command book, that would give us the standard theme style. Or ours could be something like 'every 25 points of jacks get a free unit of mechanics or free mechanic officer'.

Something mediocre and rushed, thats gonna have us go "Oh...OK....Well...Thats not TERRIBLE"

Like some generic Winter Gaurd List that gives free rocketeers per unit or so.

I think an Iron Fang theme would fit well with Kozlov, and could be a good theme for new players. It could give free Iron Fang solos or CAs, allow casters to start with upkeeps in play, or perhaps even allow 2" of extra deployment.

No idea about jack heavy though theme force. Free Markov? Or MoW Kovnik? 2" extra would be good in any case for our jacks.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWizard View Post
    Something mediocre and rushed, thats gonna have us go "Oh...OK....Well...Thats not TERRIBLE"

Like some generic Winter Gaurd List that gives free rocketeers per unit or so.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what our flameguard theme turned into.

Your MoW theme has been pretty much confirmed, and that's probably the jack theme: they ARE your lights, remember?

IMO, it's one of the more terrifying themes on the horizon. Good luck!
    Choir Kills: 5

Man o War theme is for Khador's first theme force book and most of those models are probably not even scheduled to be released yet.

The one released will probably be one of the two in our command book, so probably winter guard or a jack list.

I'm hoping that doom reavers gain ambush.

Seeing as Hungerford repeated shot down my idea of ambushing widowmakers.
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 28W/0D/5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Maybe for every twenty five points of warjacks you get a free minimum unit of Battle Mechaniks?

A man can dream I suppose...
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhe View Post
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

Jack theme: Mad Dogs and Karchev go back to their pre-errata costs and rules.
    Like my avatar? Check out more Cardfighters art HERE!

Destroyer of Worlds

I do not like theme forces at all. In my experience, they water down the environment so much, that it makes the game dull and with little variation. Oh, you play trolls? No, just EE and other one. I mean, already every local player only run King Makers or Operating Theater.

Sorry to be crabby, but dislike.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by chrisBatson View Post
    I do not like theme forces at all. In my experience, they water down the environment so much, that it makes the game dull and with little variation. Oh, you play trolls? No, just EE and other one. I mean, already every local player only run King Makers or Operating Theater.

Sorry to be crabby, but dislike.
    Yeah I think so to. Luckily our local meta isn't very cutthroat so we can play what we like

I doubt, we will get free solos in the MoW theme.....that would be amazing...but possibly too good.

A WGI theme that made them elite cadre, or leadership something cool, like rerolls on CRA or +1 to attack rolls would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHaystacks View Post
    What about Marshaled Jacks gain Accumulator?
    How about Koldun Lords get Jack Marshal[Accumulator: Greylords]? Because Zerkova2 didn't take enough Greylords
    Seriously Casual Khanadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzilla View Post
    I doubt, we will get free solos in the MoW theme.....that would be amazing...but possibly too good.
    Not impossible. Kingmaker lets you take 5 - 7 pointed solos for free for every 20? points of infantry. Why couldn't Man o War let you take free solos for a similar investment? In fact, I would be surprised if you could not.

Actually....PP might limit it to medium base man o war solos though, I would be stunned if drakhuns could be taken for free.

Seriously people, lower your expectations.

PP Rarely uses theme forces to allow for something new.

Mainly they just give some minor bonuses that dont really make up for limiting your selection. Or if your lucky the selection is mostly the best stuff anyway so it becomes standard practice to use.

Did we hear that we're getting a grunt one and warjack one?

I think that the winter guard are the least interesting theme in the faction. They're just so vanilla and I don't particularly like the way they play, either. So pretty sure that our first theme force will be all winter guard.
    My Epic Butcher Tactica
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts, Calcifar, Jamie P, SmellyTerror, Noble_Rain, Killax, mad_dasher, Kriegsspiele, Wendan, sionnach19, P3rsist3nc3, AresX8, Auracco, Kovnik Tsumi, ishmael, ForestZ, Spideredd, Ganso, anderfreak, Winter-Guard Kovnik, Phantasmagorium, LEJ, and Yes.We.Caine. View Post
    jdeckert is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    jdeckert is my mom.

Speculation from the known existing tier lists, troll and menoth both have an infantry list and a jack/beast one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDeath View Post
    Not impossible. Kingmaker lets you take 5 - 7 pointed solos for free for every 20? points of infantry. Why couldn't Man o War let you take free solos for a similar investment? In fact, I would be surprised if you could not.

Actually....PP might limit it to medium base man o war solos though, I would be stunned if drakhuns could be taken for free.
    There's also a new Large Base Man-O-War solo on the Horizon. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they could be taken for free, but I guess it would have to be for every 30 points of MoW taken

This was my thinking. Free Drakhuns would be amazing.

Probably a "take X points of Winterguard and get solos/ua's for free"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragesmith:
    "Internet" of course coming from the ancient Babylonian word for "complaining loudly and constantly about a minor grievance."

Destroyer of Worlds

I thought we had a pretty firm notion that there was a Man-o-War theme coming out.

http://privateerpressforums.com/show...an-o-war+theme

Don't know if that's our "grunt" theme or if it's replacing a jack theme, but that was said.

Quote Originally Posted by tjhairball View Post
    I thought we had a pretty firm notion that there was a Man-o-War theme coming out.

http://privateerpressforums.com/show...an-o-war+theme

Don't know if that's our "grunt" theme or if it's replacing a jack theme, but that was said.
    The man o war theme force is our first theme book which is releasing after our command book.

Since PP stated they did not want to release a theme force early that does not have viable models and with the man o war book releasing at least one new large base man o war solo and a man o war battle engine, I do not expect the preview one to be the man o war theme force.

Guess:
    - Man O War/Armor theme, free MoW Kovnik, Forge Seer or attachment for every 20 MoW unit. Also includes deployment boost if MoW Battle Engine is taken.

- Allround theme/Winter Guard free Joe, Art Kap, UA per 25 WG. Sorscha 3 will be great/very solid.

The man o war theme force is our first theme book which is releasing after our command book.

Since PP stated they did not want to release a theme force early that does not have viable models and with the man o war book releasing at least one new large base man o war solo and a man o war battle engine, I do not expect the preview one to be the man o war theme force.
    This.

Also, if I were a betting man, and judging by Pagani's light spoilers, I would guess that we're getting our Iron Fang Theme, because:

1.- We have 2 "complete" themes right now: IF and WG, and I don't think PP wants to push the limits by encouraging us to spam units that can take Rockets
    2.- I don't think PP wants to encourage another Khadoran Jack Spam before the Mad Dog trauma goes away.

Conqueror

So, foe a jack heavy theme with greylords...what if they all got power booster? Cause that would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by KomradBrownink View Post
    So, foe a jack heavy theme with greylords...what if they all got power booster? Cause that would be pretty cool.
    AD for one unit of greylords and cold immunity for jacks.

And thats the best case.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWizard View Post
    Seriously people, lower your expectations.

PP Rarely uses theme forces to allow for something new.

Mainly they just give some minor bonuses that dont really make up for limiting your selection. Or if your lucky the selection is mostly the best stuff anyway so it becomes standard practice to use.
    Getting any theme is a big deal. Currently factions with themes can play 9-15 pts up against factions without. That's quite a handicap produced by book release dates.

Considering how late in the game Steam and Steel came out, I'm thinking we can look to that as inspiration for the Man o War list. At least I hope!

Coincidentally, I'm hoping that is the list that is released!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frey
    Moose don't get angry, they get even
    It is important to note that I am just awful at this game. Seriously, watching me play is like watching Keanu Reeves perform Hamlet. It's funny at first, but then starts to get quietly sad, until you just want to leave the room.

Im kinda hoping for a resurrection of B3's old 'Blood in the Snow' Theme. Or close to it.

I want a way to field more than one wardog
    "A weapon is a means of transferring energy from the source to the target until the latter breaks."

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    Getting any theme is a big deal. Currently factions with themes can play 9-15 pts up against factions without. That's quite a handicap produced by book release dates.
    Like I mentioned. Either a Theme force is better then not using one (And you where gonna use the list anyway, now you get a bonus), or its utterly worthless.

Like for every....7 or so theme forces released for a faction, 1 is something good or neat. Its roulete.

Based on other theme forces I expect Ambush on a new unit, Kayazi most likely. And then maybe a free solo for so many points of units.

Pfff, Kyazy will never get ambush. Or it will be a unit without access to backstab. Negating most of the advantage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast