Default 0 point list? Have any? Here's mine. C&C?

Feora2
    Hand of Judgment and Crusader.
    Reason: Crusader is sacrificed to put HoJ and F2 in a place where sprays and Fire Step can be done well

Kreoss 2
    Crusader, Crusader, Dervish
    Reason: Getting that feat off with 3 Jack in a 0 point battle is tremendous. Sucks against gunlines

Sevvy1
    Crusader, Crusader, Dervish
    Reason: +1/+1 is a good motivator to have quanity of attacks. Still sucks against guns.

Sevvy2
    Reckoner, Crusader
    Reason: Awareness helps the Reckoner. Not a great list, though

Amon
    Dervish x4.
    Reason: Because Amon and Dervishes. Still sucks against guns

Kreoss 1
    Redeemer, Redeemer, Dervish.
    Reason: That feat!

I have an upcoming 0 point event. Trying to get ideas.

Annihilator

Important question: Is it just 0 points, or is it actually mangled metal/tooth and claw?

I would guess the latter, given your examples, but it seemed worth clarifying.

EDIT: I ask because there's a shiny new theme list you should check out that would give you free wracks, or a free support solo.
    Last edited by Arch4ngel; 01-10-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayne Cobb
    "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if he bothers me... or if there's a woman... or if I'm gettin' paid..."

Themes can't be used in a 0 point game. This is battle group only.

Destroyer of Worlds doomedtorepeatit's Avatar

Mangled Metal, gotcha.

For Tristan2, I was thinking Crusader, Vigilant, Devout. The Devout keeps Tristan safe from magic and shooting. The Vigilant goes first with Inviolable Resolve to take the enemy alpha (and at ARM23, it should survive to be healed by Hand of the Creator), and the Crusader is your beater to counter-attack the alpha strike under Manifest Destiny. I will admit that it's a little short on straight hitting power -- the offensive output of both the Devout and Vigilant are lacking without Hymn of Battle -- but between Manifest Destiny and Hand, I think it can do fairly well (just don't forget about power attack throws for the Vigilant; it's better at that than it is at just punching something). Plus, once the Vigilant is down or severely damage anyway, you can swap IR to the Crusader and make it ARM21. In which case, it should last long enough to close out the match.

I had considered several different options for Reznik1 -- he was my only choice for Mangled Metal in Mk.I, though I never played one in Mk.II -- but I keep coming around to the original Kreoss1 box battlegroup (Crusader, Revenger, Repenter). The group would do better with another eight pointer, but the Purifier has yet to be released. The Crusader again is the beater, but you really want an arc node so you can toss out Brand while keeping Reznik safe so the Revenger is it because the Guardian is too expensive to fit into a 0-point list (no way to fill the full extra 13 points).

Edit: Oh, and your Kreoss1 list is 1 point over. Redeemer, Revenger, Dervish would work, though; the arc node lets Kreoss toss out some Immolations on feat turn just in case the skyhammers don't finish the job. In fact, that's not a bad list for Reznik1 either, now that I'm looking at it. Arc node for Branding the enemy, Redeemer to hit them from range (though again...no Choir, so those are straight POW12 rockets which, even with the auto-boosting from Brand, will just be chipping away slowly against heavy warjacks), and the Dervish which is already spritely could benefit a lot from Witch Hound moves.
    Last edited by doomedtorepeatit; 01-11-2017 at 03:40 PM.

You will never see me on Vassal again. Ever.

Sev1 - go all in on arc nodes:
    Guardian
    Blessing of Vengeance

Kreoss1 - travel back in time to August '03:
    Crusader
    Redeemer
    Repenter

Feora1 - load up on heavies:
    Reckoner
    Guardian

Malkeus1 - apply mace directly to forehead:
    Crusader
    Crusader
    Revenger

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by BradMcLeod View Post
    Themes can't be used in a 0 point game. This is battle group only.
    Cool, cool. For your information, that's a standard format generally referred to as "Mangled Metal" for Warmachine, and "Tooth & Claw" for Hordes. When you say "0 point game" it's not immediately clear that free non-battlegroup models wouldn't be allowed.

I usually start with caster for these kinds of things:

• Amon is a beast. Nuff said
    • The Rezniks both have play, though they're not my bag, so I'll leave that explanation to others
    • Severius2 can bring Oracular Vision, but no threat extension and no feat
    • Kreoss3, Feora1, and Durst are solid choices, especially since they're capable of doing work themselves
    • Severius1 is good for getting more work out of our cheaper jacks - including the Dervish - and his Feat can be absolutely dominant, but again, no threat extenders
    • Malekus bringing Open Fire and Ignite is solid stuff
    • Tristan2 would be fun to try, but - say it with me now - no threat extender
    • Feora3 looks like she might have potential, if you can cope with the focus-starvation
    • Thyra is always an interesting spin on our jacks, especially since the BoM has Apparition under her. Plus, threatening a foot or so of assassination that can move through models is good

PERSONALLY, I prefer higher-focus casters for mangled metal stuff, so I'd probably be looking at Kreoss3, Tristan2, Malekus, or Severius1. Last time I did a MM event, it was actually 15 points, but I opted for Sev1. I like his Feat, because if your opponent isn't expecting it then you can strand his jacks outside of control range, and even if he is you can take the spell assassination off the table for a round. Not to mention Defender's Ward and Vision...

I'd probably try out Sev1, Dervish, Revenger, Crusader, just to see how I liked it. Defender's Ward on the Crusader, Vision on the Dervish, and then pincer - Dervish on one flank and Revenger on the other, and the Crusader up the middle. Each one is an EXTREMELY credible assassination vector, so how effectively can they divide their force?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayne Cobb
    "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if he bothers me... or if there's a woman... or if I'm gettin' paid..."