Default New Player MKIII Podcast

Hello,

I have been collecting and painting for just over a year now, and when MKIII was announced I did not want to learn to play until it was released because I didn't want to get confused between the two rule sets and have to unlearn anything.
    Over the summer I read the new rules and got in one learning game at my game store. Then a couple weeks after the release the game store closed.
    I haven't had a chance to get to the other stores within a reasonable distance yet, and until I do I was hoping to find a podcast that would give me my warmachine fix. I commute a lot and it would be great to listen to on the way.

Many podcasts seem to require more knowledge about the game than I have. Does anyone know of good beginner podcasts?
    All my searches return beginner podcasts that cover MKII (Chain-attack seemed a popular suggestion), and I was hoping for something with MKIII.

The thing that may match closest so far is ScrumCast: Four New Gamers MK3

Is that good? Any other suggestions?

Actually it seems that there is only one episode of Four New Gamers since MK3.

Something with a little more content would be great.

It might help you to listen to a faction specific podcast. What faction are you playing?
    The game is good.
    The B13 are fine
    Listen to the Storm Chamber

Turn Extension is a good one as well that has some new player content

Trollbloods - 7 Warlocks & 212 points Painted 11/21/2016 http://privateerpressforums.com/show...(A-Troll-Blog)
    And of course, there was cake. Because A War without cake is a war not worth having. -Menace

I haven't really picked which faction I intend to focus on, and just bought a bunch of models since painting is fun. Since I don't know how easy it will be to get involved in regular play I wanted enough to just play when I have a friend over, so I could teach whichever part looked more interesting to them (either 'jacks or beasts), I bought two small armies for Warmachine and two for Hordes.

I think I would like to focus on Circle the most (I love their look and I love the idea of the shifting stones). My wife like Legion the most, so she is painting out Legion models.

For Warmachine I have the All-in-One boxes for Cygnar and Khador. If I were to go the Warmachine route I think I would focus on Cygnar, since I love their models. I like the look of the Gun Mages, the Storm Lances, and the Tempest Blazers, as well as the casters Haley (all versions) and Constance Blaize.

But I do think I would focus on learning Circle first and play them when I go out to a game store or tournament, and just play the others when teaching friends the game at my house. With the new all-in-ones coming out I was thinking that seemed like a good way to increase my model count, since I only have the contents of the two-player starter box, and Druid Wilder, and Sentry Stones and Mannikins. (I love the look of Una, and would be interested in getting her to handle a Scarsfell gyphon - I think I heard that it was the best gryphon).

And thanks! I will look up Turn Extension.

Quote Originally Posted by desmothenes View Post
    I haven't really picked which faction I intend to focus on, and just bought a bunch of models since painting is fun. Since I don't know how easy it will be to get involved in regular play I wanted enough to just play when I have a friend over, so I could teach whichever part looked more interesting to them (either 'jacks or beasts), I bought two small armies for Warmachine and two for Hordes.

I think I would like to focus on Circle the most (I love their look and I love the idea of the shifting stones). My wife like Legion the most, so she is painting out Legion models.

For Warmachine I have the All-in-One boxes for Cygnar and Khador. If I were to go the Warmachine route I think I would focus on Cygnar, since I love their models. I like the look of the Gun Mages, the Storm Lances, and the Tempest Blazers, as well as the casters Haley (all versions) and Constance Blaize.

But I do think I would focus on learning Circle first and play them when I go out to a game store or tournament, and just play the others when teaching friends the game at my house. With the new all-in-ones coming out I was thinking that seemed like a good way to increase my model count, since I only have the contents of the two-player starter box, and Druid Wilder, and Sentry Stones and Mannikins. (I love the look of Una, and would be interested in getting her to handle a Scarsfell gyphon - I think I heard that it was the best gryphon).

And thanks! I will look up Turn Extension.
    I don't know if there's a Circle related podcast. There was a Legion one for a good while but I don't think they've done much since June. Cygnar has a cast, The Storm Chamber (Full Disclosure - It's awesome and I'm a host.).

Chain Attack is still really good though I wish they'd do more battle reports and subscribing to their dojo is basically mandatory, I think.
    The game is good.
    The B13 are fine
    Listen to the Storm Chamber

Thanks! I will take a look at the podcast.

The hurdle for me on a non-general beginner cast, is when I am on the subway and don't have internet access when I don't know who a certain caster or unit is I cannot look it up. So if they talk about Haley3 (just an example) I may need to go online to look at which one they are talking about, but I think if I only have to learn and remember a specific faction that might make the hurdle a little bigger.

I also am pretty new to the game and have been collecting for about a year, so I definitely understand where you are coming from. I would highly recommend chain attack. They started a new season specifically for the release of MK3. While some of the jargon and model names are still a little hard for me to follow it has easily been the best resource for me learning mk3.

Thanks! That has been recommended it several places I have looked, so I will try it with the others that get recommended.

I highly recommend wargamergirl. Well produced and clear about rolls and effects. I'd love to see a bit more commentary during the turns - what she's thinking, intending and seeing as she plays - but the lack of side chat does leave a clean and straight forward video.

I also really like the Advanced Maneuvers stuff, where you can get a lot more commentary about how to play but will face a lot of non-explanation about feats, abilities, etc. they seem to just assume everyone knows.
    A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming. -Barbarella
    These eyes can do more than see. -Blind Mag, Repo! The Genetic Opera

Combosmite did a faction review for all of the factions at the start of MKIII. Theyre kinda long (each one is about 6 hours) but they go over things in depth pretty well. Chain attack also has a few good New/Developing player podcasts from MK2, but the general information should still be solid.