Default Great Moshar List!

So A friend of mine gave me this idea and I put in into practice and it worked fantastic! 3/4.

75pts

Moshar

Max Blood Trackers
    Blood Weavers
    Max Skin Walkers
    x2 Wold Wyrds
    Wold Wrath
    Argus

Basically the list goes, on to assassinate on turn 2, The Wold is a Giant Distraction, and a POW 15 gun,

You basically Run the blood trackers to flank, casting Mirage on them so they cant get locked down

The Wreavers Run flanking another side, most players just ignore them.

Skinwalkers serve as canon fodder to Jacks and Ranged Attacks

Once the war caster is within 17 inches of your Wold Wyds, its GG

Run the Blood Wreavers with in 2 inches of the caster

Teleport Moshar to them

Cast Dopplar Bark,

Cast CoS

Attack once

Blood Trackers attack

x6 shots from The Wold Wyrds

x1 Pow 15

It's amazing.

The only problem is Sniper and Corbeau Courtesan can really ruin the list. But it actually worked quite well.
    Last edited by GreenMachine; 01-10-2017 at 02:06 PM.

I could see this working exactly once per opponent unfamiliar with Circle. And then your whole plan goes down the tubes if someone decides, "Hey, I should watch for these sneaky sneaky Blood Weavers.."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironjens View Post
    Ah, ballsy move Shroomvolcano. Playing only seven points up instead of eight

I can't say I would be distressed to see this list across the table from me. It would feel a bit like Xmas. About the only thing that would give me pause would be the Woldwyrds. Beyond that, I'd hoover most of those models off the table by turn three. I'm not being egotistical. I'm just wondering how you play this relatively fragile list? Can you go into the tactics of it, i.e. explain how you are playing it into different types of builds?

Conqueror

problem here is you would have to teleport mohsar out because he would be engaging if he was within 2 inches.

I have played mohsar a couple of times and he seems good on paper but when you are playing him you start ruining out of fury to do all of the porting stuff. does you plan work yes sometimes but its not fool proof and there is literally no back up plan if you fail or cant get the assignation run set up.

he just has too much he needs to do and even with 9 fury you are hard pressed to get everything done and put him in a spot he wont get one shot.

I think the idea revolves around Doppler Bark, as they would be Def 9 engaged, which is pretty easy to hit. The issue is repeatability; I very much doubt an opponent would let you pull this twice, and many would see what you're trying to do well ahead of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironjens View Post
    Ah, ballsy move Shroomvolcano. Playing only seven points up instead of eight

Quote Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
    I can't say I would be distressed to see this list across the table from me. It would feel a bit like Xmas. About the only thing that would give me pause would be the Woldwyrds. Beyond that, I'd hoover most of those models off the table by turn three. I'm not being egotistical. I'm just wondering how you play this relatively fragile list? Can you go into the tactics of it, i.e. explain how you are playing it into different types of builds?
    Those are resources, you have to devote to locking up the trackers or killing them, shooting Weavers/skinwalkers and dealing with the Wold Wrath with at least 2 jacks/beast min, Everything is fodder to get to the caster, save for the wold, which i protect with the pillars, so you have to deal with 2 threats that arent really "Threats" per say. I did this 3 times to the same opponent, its not as easy to just "Kill everything" to leave me helpless.

I could see having problems with a ARM 20 Caster, and stealth, but that's very rare.

It a gimmicky list, for sure. I just think youre going to have a harder time Controlling the board than you think.

Its also very hard to stop a 14'' run
    Last edited by GreenMachine; 01-11-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Im a big fan of Mohsar and have tried him in many forms. My feeling is that he can be built to do many things but whatever you choose can all fall apart very quickly when you start to lose stuff.

The weak point in the list is actually the wild argus. If you lose that then your whole plan is shut down. I suppose you can keep him way back and then run him into control range for when you need his animus.

My experience with weavers is that the opponent doesnt ignore them, they just kill them.

However I would love to see some battle reports on how this plays out in a few situations. I can think of a few ways to stop you doing what you want to do but there are answers in the list for some of them. Its really down to tabletime to see what happens.
    If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
    Those are resources, you have to devote to locking up the trackers or killing them, shooting Weavers/skinwalkers and dealing with the Wold Wrath with at least 2 jacks/beast min, Everything is fodder to get to the caster, save for the wold, which i protect with the pillars, so you have to deal with 2 threats that arent really "Threats" per say. I did this 3 times to the same opponent, its not as easy to just "Kill everything" to leave me helpless.
    Not really. I use Purebloods. I stated from the start if I looked across the table at your list I'd think it was Xmas. I never run with less than two and usually three Purebloods. The sprays would make pretty short work of your army. And there are plenty of lists which just as effective in using Sprays which aren't based on Purebloods. The issue with having a list that is built on infantry is that infantry are rather easy to kill these days. You are putting an awful lot of eggs in the basket that your opponent is stupid and won't just erase the infantry brick by brick. Most players will see what you are planning to do within in seconds after seeing your army placed. They won't be in a rush to try and assassinate you. They will just advance taking unit by unit as they come in a leisurely manner. It isn't as if they have to be afraid of Mohsar one on one. He is a support Warlock, not a closer.

It a gimmicky list, for sure. I just think youre going to have a harder time Controlling the board than you think.

Its also very hard to stop a 14'' run
    I don't think I'm going to have any trouble controlling the board, nor do I think a lot of saturation shooting or bombing lists will have any issue. Who is going to bother stopping your runs. The closer you get the better. A lot of things have to happen just right for your Rube Goldberg attack to go off perfectly. In short, your opponent has to not be able to see what is a telegraphed spam attack. How exactly are they going to miss it? And just how many of these units can you afford to lose before you are no longer a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by WoldGnome View Post
    Im a big fan of Mohsar and have tried him in many forms. My feeling is that he can be built to do many things but whatever you choose can all fall apart very quickly when you start to lose stuff.
    Isn't that the case with ANY Circle Army?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
    Not really. I use Purebloods. I stated from the start if I looked across the table at your list I'd think it was Xmas. I never run with less than two and usually three Purebloods. The sprays would make pretty short work of your army. And there are plenty of lists which just as effective in using Sprays which aren't based on Purebloods. The issue with having a list that is built on infantry is that infantry are rather easy to kill these days. You are putting an awful lot of eggs in the basket that your opponent is stupid and won't just erase the infantry brick by brick. Most players will see what you are planning to do within in seconds after seeing your army placed. They won't be in a rush to try and assassinate you. They will just advance taking unit by unit as they come in a leisurely manner. It isn't as if they have to be afraid of Mohsar one on one. He is a support Warlock, not a closer.

I don't think I'm going to have any trouble controlling the board, nor do I think a lot of saturation shooting or bombing lists will have any issue. Who is going to bother stopping your runs. The closer you get the better. A lot of things have to happen just right for your Rube Goldberg attack to go off perfectly. In short, your opponent has to not be able to see what is a telegraphed spam attack. How exactly are they going to miss it? And just how many of these units can you afford to lose before you are no longer a threat?
    Well I guess it depends on the meta, I've never seen a list with more than 1 pureblood in it, if you run 3 that's great, its something i don't have to worry about in my area.

Well I guess it depends on the meta, I've never seen a list with more than 1 pureblood in it, if you run 3 that's great, its something i don't have to worry about in my area.
    Fair enough, but I'd get used to seeing 2+ for the immediate future. In the current META is hard not to justify putting them in.

Destroyer of Worlds

Isn't that the case with ANY Circle Army?
    Not really. I've been trying to play with Mohsar more in preparation for ADR. He does so little for his army due to his many flaws that any list I built for him acts more like a list list without a warlock that can leech Fury. Compare it to Krueger 2, Kromac 1/2, and even Morvahna, who can act throughout the game without gimmicks or tricks that.

Quote Originally Posted by zearas View Post
    problem here is you would have to teleport mohsar out because he would be engaging if he was within 2 inches.
    Mohsar only has 1" reach on his scythe, so long as you are between 1-2" away you should be alright against most casters. Even if the opposing caster does have 2" reach, Mohsar can maltreat before porting in and manage to have 2 fury left to port out.