Default Theme Force Teaser

A teaser is out for a few of the theme forces in the works. Details are here.

Not much, but it looks like it will be 'jack and priest focused. EDIT: Sorry, vector and priest focused.

I'd imagine the Optifex Directive would feature predominantly, as they mesh with the vectors?

Other options are the ADO and the Enumerator, but seeing as its vector focused, i think the ADO would be the other option.

So for every X spent on jacks, get a free Optifex Directive unit? That sounds a bit too good to be true, as Syntherion would love this
    It started out ok, but then i stuffed the focus circle (#JustCyrissThings)...

My guess is that you can take servitor or priest solos and priest units and for every 25 or so points you get a free solo which can be servitors or ADO. Friendly models can begin the game with upkeep spells in play. Priest solos and units gain some benefit, probably reposition or something of similar benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikishi View Post
    Priest solos and units gain some benefit, probably reposition or something of similar benefit.
    This. Seeing as PoM choir get reposition 3 in their theme I could see the OD getting a similar thing. Starting upkeeps, free ADO and nimble OD sounds custom built for Syntherion!

Free servitors would be nice, as I rarely take Attunement servitors these days.

Reposition on OD would be useful, as would starting upkeeps.
    It started out ok, but then i stuffed the focus circle (#JustCyrissThings)...

Skimming that thread it feels more like if you bring X and Y models you get a special rule tacked on, like PG_Seikishi suggested, bringing combos might confer Reposition. No way they're going to reduce costs and give away free models. No one liked the design space of Axis' Tier 4 in Mk2 and I doubt they'll creep back to anything resembling it.

Quote Originally Posted by javaman21011 View Post
    Skimming that thread it feels more like if you bring X and Y models you get a special rule tacked on, like PG_Seikishi suggested, bringing combos might confer Reposition. No way they're going to reduce costs and give away free models. No one liked the design space of Axis' Tier 4 in Mk2 and I doubt they'll creep back to anything resembling it.
    Every single tier released so far gives you free models, usually in the form of solos. I'd expect ours will give us free models. It's really only a question if the free models are ADO, servitors, or OD units.

It's really only a question if the free models are ADO, servitors, or OD units.
    Free Galvanizers!

On the topic: Oh my who could have ever guessed that this theme force (basically Syntherions old theme force) would be coming... Content sounds like vectors + everything called Optifex. I think the Servitors will be part of every theme force, because why not? The most interesting question is: Will it include Steelsouls and / or the TEP?

Regardless how it turns out, the theme force will become the default way to play Syntherion and Directrix. Also for those Axis / Lucant builds that don't include units, depending on the availability of the TEP.

Well with the info there isnt much to go on and thus not much to get excited about.

Guessing the theme will be similar to the one Menoth just got so just jacks and some support models with no real units. Perhaps servitors will be allowed because honestly "Priest models" is a whole 2 solos and one 3 man unit, all of which are support models. So that sounds a bit thin, but then again Syntherion likes those kind of lists.

In any event, guessing its the typical take 25ish points of jacks for a free OD unit or 2 free ADO solos. Some minor buff to the ODs and some tabletop perk like deploy extended by 2", models can start with upkeep spells already on them, or similar.

Basically a new theme list for Syntherion, so Im meh on it seeing as I played his old theme list maybe twice. Either way, need more concrete info to judge the theme's potential but as of right now I doubt Ill be playing it much even though I know others will love it. Guess Ill have to put all my hopes on the other theme force.

If you think about it, it works for Synth, Mother and Lucant. The mother list they were showing in a previous outsider was 3 assimilators and the PA, plus corollary, with priests for support. This Theme list also gives off that vibe.

Whilst I would have much preferred a theme force that gave our infantry a boost, like axis had, the whole army is based around lots of jacks, so this fits the theme of the faction.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

My Adventures in the Iron Kingdoms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtXMkzoyBJA

I hope I am not wrong, but... aren't the foundries also "priests"?

Quote Originally Posted by Draz View Post
    I hope I am not wrong, but... aren't the foundries also "priests"?
    More or less. Thinking that way: Everyone in a Clockwork Vessel could have been a priest / still is a priest. but the Enigma Foundry doesn't make much sense in an army that probably won't be able to take units it can replenish.

Infantry theme force is the most likely choice for the next one, probably published in an actual CoC Theme Force book (eta. 2019, at least...).

Officially they are not priests. Only the Optifex Directive, Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex and the Transverse Enumerator have the "priest" text under their names and are thus the only priest models we currently have.

Ya, unfortunately, this means we wont see an infantry force for quite some time which is really unfortunate since you can effectively run a full jack force without the need of getting some free mechanics tossed in. Infantry on the other hand could use the boost of having free Enigma Foundries or something else to make our otherwise weak infantry seem somewhat appealing even if thats just having a free crappier version of recursion again.

We really need to see the full theme list before being able to make a real judgement on it but seeing as what other faction themes are like Im not really seeing the NEED of this list. Id much rather see something that isnt played much getting a boost/more options than something that we can already do get a couple freebies. Like the aforementioned Directrix list with 3 assimilators, PA and corollary can be legitimately played right now as well without the need of getting the mechanics for free (if thats what the tier provides which it more than likely does ). Also not sure if the list would get any better with the free tier points if a lot of your other options are disallowed due to the tier but once again would need to see the full theme list for that.

Either way, still not really excited about this which is a shame seeing as CoC has such limited options.

I know its unlikely...
    but i hope they use this chance to "cheat in" some changes.
    As an example they could give Tune up (or something similar) to the Transverse Enumerator, making them usefull with Jacks.

Tune up is just a space holder in this case... Tune up whould be supremely boring

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrr View Post
    Tune up is just a space holder in this case... Tune up whould be supremely boring
    Empower! Definitely not broken.
    Okay it would be on a 3pt attatchment that is limited to one per unit so actually quite restrictive and expensive to get. But I guess it's still too much (especially when "free optifex for every X jacks" is one of the other benefits). A man can dream right?

Actually, what would be a reasonable "theme force model ability"? I'm assuming it's something on the jacks as "free priest" is relatively likely and none of the existing theme forces piles all benefits on one kind of model.
    I'm going with increased induction range up to 8" or 10". Would make playing hell of a lot easier but leaves the balance unchanged.

I was also really hoping for an infantry based theme to use with Aurora. Something like a toned down Axis mk2 theme. Maybe when the convergence theme book is released.

If it was up to me they whould grant Lightning Tendrils. And suddenly the Prime Conflux doesn t seem that bad at all!

Conqueror

If it was up to me they whould grant Lightning Tendrils. And suddenly the Prime Conflux doesn t seem that bad at all!
    I'd take the tendrils, but I don't see a reason why I'd bring the Conflux with it.

In No Quarter 69 Hungerford confirmed that every theme force will provide free points, in the manner they have been doing so far. That is, spend X points on specific model types, get a free solo/attachment/cheap unit. I think the 25 points in vectors for a free OD or 2 ADO or pack of Servitors is exactly what we should be expecting - and it's not terrible!
    I post battle reports via Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by CompGeekDavid View Post
    In No Quarter 69 Hungerford confirmed that every theme force will provide free points, in the manner they have been doing so far. That is, spend X points on specific model types, get a free solo/attachment/cheap unit. I think the 25 points in vectors for a free OD or 2 ADO or pack of Servitors is exactly what we should be expecting - and it's not terrible!
    Can you double up on themes? Like if you have 50pts of jacks can you bring 2x OD?

Yes you can, at least in the way the other themes work. You're still limited by field allowance though.

Yes you can, at least in the way the other themes work. You're still limited by field allowance though.
    Cool, hopefully it's something like "25 pts of ranged jacks, bring 1 Attunement" and "25 pts of melee jacks, bring 1 OD" would be nice to have variety and fit in servitors without sacrificing combat models.

Cool, hopefully it's something like "25 pts of ranged jacks, bring 1 Attunement" and "25 pts of melee jacks, bring 1 OD" would be nice to have variety and fit in servitors without sacrificing combat models.
    Why so complicated instead of the usual "take Xpts of jacks, get free allowed solo/attachment of choice" that every other theme force does?

not long to go now! hopefully by 4pm GMT we'll know what goodies the CoC themes will be.

I'll be happy no matter what because as a faction we're in a good place anyway.

Something to help infantry would be super though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hjard View Post
    Why so complicated instead of the usual "take Xpts of jacks, get free allowed solo/attachment of choice" that every other theme force does?
    I just assumed because we have so few models that they might force the themes to be unique and not overlap them. Course i am assuming we'll get 2 just likes Trolls and Menoth.

I just assumed because we have so few models that they might force the themes to be unique and not overlap them. Course i am assuming we'll get 2 just likes Trolls and Menoth.
    Yeah, surely we'll end up with two themes at first, one jacks, one infantry. If the Troll one is any indication, there is a solid chance that the infantry one will increase the Enigma Foundry FA to 4 (or U?) and maybe even provide them for free via theme benefits as well. And the FA increase for Runeshapers was a 4th rule on that theme, so it didn't take up one of the normal three we've been seeing on the themes... the three have generally been take X get Y free, and two rules changes, seemingly one that's more deployment based (like Ambush or deployment zone or free upkeeps) and one that's throughout the game.

...aaaaaaand the theme force dropped. http://files.privateerpress.com/op/e...e%20Forces.pdf

Free servitors, TEP is included (and counts towards getting free servitors), 2" more deployment... and SERVITORS GET SHIELD GUARD.

Okay then!