Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azrael

Destroyer of Worlds

Default Azrael

Chain Attack posted a spoiler for Azrael, which mentioned that he has , Critical hit: Smite, Reload[1], and the highest power base power I've seen in the game on a ranged weapon outside of Hyperion. Oh, and he's Kryssa's beast. It sounds like he gets Ashen Veil from her, but it's not certain. Wording also indicates that he might have Prey, but it's not certain.

I'm kind of hoping that his power includes an animus or Kryssa's feat, because that ranged weapon feels like power creep to me.
    Casters wracked:
    Magnus the Traitor, Commander Adept Sebastian Nemo

Casters Rhyas has decapitated:
    Bethayne, Krueger the Stormwrath

I am wondering if he gets Predator's Instinct as his animus

Destroyer of Worlds Leonard_Dukes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLat View Post
    Chain Attack posted a spoiler for Azrael, which mentioned that he has , Critical hit: Smite, Reload[1], and the highest power base power I've seen in the game on a ranged weapon outside of Hyperion. Oh, and he's Kryssa's beast. It sounds like he gets Ashen Veil from her, but it's not certain. Wording also indicates that he might have Prey, but it's not certain.

I'm kind of hoping that his power includes an animus or Kryssa's feat, because that ranged weapon feels like power creep to me.
    It was confirmed a while ago that its high POW is native, and not reliant on any buffs from spells/feats/etc. I'm trying to dig up the source on that right now.
    Welcome to the All New War, where nothing can possibly go worng.

confirmed his weapon is thrown, range 10, and base pow17. Is gonna be a good time

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmist View Post
    confirmed his weapon is thrown, range 10, and base pow17. Is gonna be a good time
    Go on.

It's not half as big creep as spoiled Malekus jack.
    TBH there are two factors - it's character and we don't know it's point cost, which is crucial. If Typhoon costed 19 points it would be completelly unbalanced, but it cost 24 and no one complains. It's centerpiece and can do insane amount of work, but you pay for it.
    Last edited by cainus_lupus; 01-10-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by cainus_lupus View Post
    TBH there are two factors - it's character and we don't know it's point cost, which is crucial. If Typhoon costed 19 points it would be completelly unbalanced, but it cost 24 and no one complains. It's centerpiece and can do insane amount of work, but you pay for it.
    You've got me there. I overreacted.
    Casters wracked:

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard_Dukes View Post
    It was confirmed a while ago that its high POW is native, and not reliant on any buffs from spells/feats/etc. I'm trying to dig up the source on that right now.
    Here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Will View Post
    His spears hit at 17 base, no buff required.

Well, Legion has no single target high POW guns until now. As he's a character it's unlikely to be power creepy as he will cost a good number of points and can't be spammed. Also be aware that spears usually don't have a lot of RNG, so if he's shooting at something he's very likely in range to be charged. I wouldn't be worried about him atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    So maybe you could say you're still playing rock paper scissors, only now you're playing with eight arms like some sort of bearded geek incarnation of Shiva and each success or failure impacts the next throw.
    Vassal game? PM me!

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Falcen View Post
    Well, Legion has no single target high POW guns until now. As he's a character it's unlikely to be power creepy as he will cost a good number of points and can't be spammed. Also be aware that spears usually don't have a lot of RNG, so if he's shooting at something he's very likely in range to be charged. I wouldn't be worried about him atm.
    I forgot to mention, RNG 10.
    Casters wracked:

Also, crit smite iirc, so you can probably boost both shots to try to push people out of charge range

Annihilator

Ps17 is very high, reload 1 and boosting will use a stack of fury. Will be good.

Except it to be spd6 13/17 def/arm.

And after much consideration, I want it to have the pyre troll animus. That animus would shine with so many of our casters and thematically be cool. Wouldn't help the spears though.... (+2 str and immune to fire...). Kryssa, Thagrosh, Rhyas, Abby would all love that animus. Probably Kallus as well.

um... I thought the Pyre troll animus was immunity:fire and cont.fire on all weapons?

I forgot to mention, RNG 10.
    Yeah, wasn't sure anymore if the weapon was RNG8 or 10, the spoiler irst floated around here sometime earlier. But good to mention it, for those who havn't heard the spoilers yet.

My argument still stands. RNG10 is only enough to stay out of range of the slowest of heavies, like Khador, and even against those only without them buffing their movement in some way. The Crit is nice and could make the difference, but crits are just incredible unreliable.

So I'm totally fine with Legion hitting hard, as the faction seemingly being moved more into the glasscannon role. More can be said as soon we have access to additional spoilers or the full rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    So maybe you could say you're still playing rock paper scissors, only now you're playing with eight arms like some sort of bearded geek incarnation of Shiva and each success or failure impacts the next throw.
    Vassal game? PM me!

Soon, Lylyth1... soon.

There's a fair chance that Azrael will be able to fit nicely into Lylyth3 lists. Two base POW17 shots sounds excellent for assassination. RNG10 matters a lot less when you factor in Battle Host and Slipstream for threat range increases.

He'll work well with any Lylyth if you ask me ;/

Actually I believe Az and Kryssa will team up quite well, too.

Two boostable PS20 shots in feat, then Reposition 3'' and if need be Splipstream 2'' away back to safety should dent most things quite a bit. Or prepare two things to be Buffys-Boyfriend-Fodder. (Sorry just watching the series again)

It would be great if he had assault to apply one power 17 before he started swinging

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmist View Post
    um... I thought the Pyre troll animus was immunity:fire and cont.fire on all weapons?
    Its that and +2 damage on Melee attacks. The cont fire - I don't care about much - I just want a power upgrade for Kyrssia (and Rhyas and a few others) Immunity to fire is lovely too. I expect we'll get something dull.

Quote Originally Posted by billybaker101 View Post
    It would be great if he had assault to apply one power 17 before he started swinging
    I expect he will have Assault and only one melee initial. Or if he has two melee attacks the claw/bite attack will be terribly low pow, like 13 or so. Probably also only 1 inch reach, so that both attack don't line up, like so many others.

Pyre troll animus would be fantastic. but we don't get nice things. If you look at our animus roster its absolutely horrible. Also, think about that +2 stacking with Kryssa's +3. Pow 22 in such a simple package is too much. We are supposedly the glass cannon faction but looking at what we have already and it being called "balanced". That pow 22 would be considered broken.

Also, there is no "i" in Kryssa. >.<

Annihilator

Kryssa. Right. K-r-y-s-s-a I'll try. I make no promises.

I'm expecting this beast to be some kind of Zuriel style stats. So may be the animus will be Counterblast. Copying something off a lesser. Plus Teraph has that too. *I've actually usefully used that on a Teraph...*

It might have Serpentine, a good animus and cost 20+ points. 2 of these things may be true.

The troll Pyre animus only works on Melee attacks - may be it will just have gunfighter? This makes the Burning Fists animus less likely (unless it can't use its spear in melee... unlikely all the other spear guys can). I'd like that animus on our firey blarog beast though. "Extra dice damage against things on fire" would be great, but I think with PS17 that would probably be too good. Would have synergy with Kryssa's feat. A strong hitting beast with game changing power (high power crit slam ROF 2) sounds good to me for lots of casters.
    Last edited by DanX; 01-11-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by DanX View Post
    Kryssa. Right. K-r-y-s-s-a I'll try. I make no promises.

I'm expecting this beast to be some kind of Zuriel style stats. So may be the animus will be Counterblast. Copying something off a lesser. Plus Teraph has that too. *I've actually usefully used that on a Teraph...*

It might have Serpentine, a good animus and cost 20+ points. 2 of these things may be true.

The troll Pyre animus only works on Melee attacks - may be it will just have gunfighter? This makes the Burning Fists animus less likely (unless it can't use its spear in melee... unlikely all the other spear guys can). I'd like that animus on our firey blarog beast though. "Extra dice damage against things on fire" would be great, but I think with PS17 that would probably be too good. Would have synergy with Kryssa's feat. A strong hitting beast with game changing power (high power crit slam ROF 2) sounds good to me for lots of casters.
    Counterblast would be sick on pow/P+S 17 and crit slam... But I hope it does not have that, my preference would be a unique animus (like Proteus and Typhon). Others are raising their hopes for Rage or Primal but that is asking for a bit much in my opinion. I would love an attack animus, if Kryssa did not already have a spray I would say a fire spray (bringing interesting options to some of our other casters like Abby1&2). But wraithbane or slipstream might be nice so it released some dependence on bringing a naga or seraph.

crit smite, its a heavy so probably 4 Fury, boost to hit 2x, hopefully get those slams. leaves 2 fury for animi, damage, or some super cool ability he has. If nothing else the model is beautiful and I'd get it just for that.

Animi is there anything that gives a def buff? cause i could see that being neat, +2 def, range 6, cost 2 and would fit in with legion stuff pretty nicely.

Destroyer of Worlds

Damn, thought there was new info. Chain Attack posted this December 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by SageofLodoss View Post
    Damn, thought there was new info. Chain Attack posted this December 12th.
    sadly no. We're not that lucky

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Eversmite View Post
    But wraithbane or slipstream might be nice so it released some dependence on bringing a naga or seraph.
    Yes! I can see it being a Serpah/Naga type Nephalim, and having slipstream/Wraithbane. Would be fun. I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

The stats that have been spoiled = great

The stats that haven't been spoiled, imagining them at not too high a value to avoid dispointment. (Arm 17 cost 24 points?)

Another wonderful sculpt and paint job.

Now if ONLY Doug was aloud to tell us about the rules :P

This may sound trivial but it would be nice for those spears to have non typed magical weapon attribute. Would help with the menoth match up. Tired of shoehorning a naga in my lylyth lists and legion has a lack of magical weapons overall. It would also be cool for his spears to have flame burst or perhaps the ravagores old animus. Fingers crossed. This guy may shine with any of the lylyths. Looking forward to 3 pincushioned pow 17s with lylyth 2.
    Last edited by Redbaron89; 01-11-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron89 View Post
    Looking forward to 3 pincushioned pow 17s with lylyth 2.
    My thoughts exactly.

Annihilator

Doug might be able to tell us about the next great projects he's working on for legion soon though?

Combatant

Is he not a character? Not written on the box for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Althor View Post
    Is he not a character? Not written on the box for the moment
    Typo

Destroyer of Worlds Big Fat Troll's Avatar

He's like a blighted flying super Impaler.
    "It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood."
    -Karl Popper

I could look at that all day.
    For every mile of road there's two miles of scather templates.
    Legion!

Destroyer of Worlds

I wonder what Everblight has against legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sathoon View Post
    I'm starting to see proteus as the golden retriever/collie cross of the legion beast 'vean' family: he's very loyal if a little soft round the edges at times, likes to herd other dragonspawn, and is always dragging things back to his warlock's army line looking for praise.

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by vaildin View Post
    He used them all up on the Carniveans, Scytheans, Ravagores and Proteus.

Naga has a ton of little ones.

Edit: Come to think of it, the only ones with out legs are the Angelius and now Azrael
    Last edited by Eversmite; 01-12-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Eversmite View Post
    He used them all up on the Carniveans, Scytheans, Ravagores and Proteus.

Naga has a ton of little ones.
    Now I'm wondering if Legion's average legs/model is higher or lower than other factions? Maybe count limbs/model, since its sort of unclear how many of a carnivean's limbs are legs, and how many are arms. And I'm not even sure what to call those fore-limbs of the Scythean.
    Quote Originally Posted by sathoon View Post
    I'm starting to see proteus as the golden retriever/collie cross of the legion beast 'vean' family: he's very loyal if a little soft round the edges at times, likes to herd other dragonspawn, and is always dragging things back to his warlock's army line looking for praise.

Annihilator

Now I'm wondering if Legion's average legs/model is higher or lower than other factions? Maybe count limbs/model, since its sort of unclear how many of a carnivean's limbs are legs, and how many are arms. And I'm not even sure what to call those fore-limbs of the Scythean.
    I think its higher, landsharks have 6, if you count wings as limbs it is definitely higher because anything that has wings is 6+ except the harrier.

Edit: And Abby2 (two wing/hands+2 legs+prehensile? tail)
    Last edited by Eversmite; 01-12-2017 at 07:20 AM.

In Everblight's infinite wisdom and foresight he foresaw the speed 5 Nerf and started producing all warbeasts going forward with tails and wings instead.

Naw im just kidding....

It's really just that Ever blight hates leg day. Chest back and arms everyday!
    For every mile of road there's two miles of scather templates.
    Legion!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast