Combatant

Default Rattlesuit/Flesh of Steel question

I have a player playing a Gatorman Bone Grinder and he wants to know if he's wearing a Rattlesuit fetish does he still get the benefit from Flesh of Steel because it's not listed with the rest of the armor. Can anyone shed light on this?

Destroyer of Worlds Morgan Coalburn's Avatar

I wouldn't think a rattlesuit and Flesh of Steel are compatible. The rattlesuit is armour, after all, even if unconventional and magical.
    “They say necessity is the mother of invention. Well, by that account I should probably consider myself invention's crazy uncle who is never invited to family dos...”

The Rattlesuit is specifically described as armor, even though the wording doesn't explicitly say that it provides an ARM value. Since Flesh of Steel does not function when the character wears armor, it will not function while wearing a Rattlesuit. Note that the protection afforded by a Rattlesuit may be high enough that it's more advantageous to wear it and forego the Flesh of Steel benefit.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild