Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Hammer Strike Rhulic Theme Force

Is anyone else excited about new Rhulic theme force coming in the next No Quarter? I started dabbling with dwarves in mk2 but have jump in the deep end here in mk3. I can't wait to see what it does.

My opinion on futur theme forces is: it's cool, but don't hope a lot of things. In my experience MK2/MK3, Shae & Ossrum will love a lot play with Privateers/Rhulics, Bartolo/Gorten will prefer play out of theme and Fion/Madhammer have a little to win with their subfactions...
    We can be surprise but I prefer be realistic and pragmatic.

So -> it's cool, but I think it's "Ossrum only interest".

P.S.: Please, be a good reason for me to buy High Shields!

I am for sure! I mean, I already have a list (minus riendholdt) that's 100% dwarf and is currently REALLY strong! So I'm excited for any buffs that might be on the way! And depending on buffs I might be able to re-organize my Durgen list for double dwarfy action! Also with a dwarf theme force I'm hoping the next no quarter might have a dwarven nouvelle (or w/e the short stories are called)! That'd be siiiiick!
    I play Mercs, Minions, and thanks to the battle box and partisan... Cygnar

I am not that excited, none of the dwarves except Ossrum really synergize with Rhulic stuff and even he likes his support staff too much for me to really consider the theme.

Those bonuses would have to bee off the charts for me to consider it.

Destroyer of Worlds FluffyZealot's Avatar

Super excited.
    I have pulled my Rhul out of storage and am currently repairing and repainting parts of it in anticipation.
    I used to be a Searforge player previously, so it's just nice to get our little dwarf theme back again. :P

Will be waiting to run the theorymachine over it to find hidden gems, and it proves to be disappointing, then I'll put them all back in storage and carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by St Jason, 10-06-2011.
    Give a faction player a lemon, they'll make lemonade.
    Give a merc player a lemon, they'll squirt juice in your eyes.
    Give a Rhul player a lemon, they'll figure out ways to use the lemon to blow up tanks.
    Rhulic enthusiast since 2010. Digitizing in 2017....

Our Rhulic player has been holding his breadth waiting for the theme force. He acknowledges bunny ranch to be effective but holds the belief his subfaction was designed with the 4" deployment bonus and is weakened as a whole having lost it. He hopes to see Advanced Deployment or something granted to his force in the coming theme.
    The new Faction is limited and self-contained like the Convergence.

An alleged beta version found its way into the wild a few months back and I tried it out. At the time it didn't include any deployment advantage (advance deployment, extended deployment zone or otherwise) which felt very noticeable against faster armies.

It was pretty much free jam for Ossrum, provided you were willing to forsake non-Rhulic and Gobber solos (so basically just Eiryss1, if you were inclined to take her in the first place).
    Judge since 5th November 2013
    Heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. The Cryx forums have lots of discussion right now. Go see them. Lol at Cryx tears. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "but doctor, I am a Cryx player."

Here is the alleged Beta version of the theme:

allows all Mercenary and Minion Rhulic, Ogren, and Gobber models.

for every 30 points of warjacks or battle engines place one trench template at 20" from the back edge of your deployment zone.

for every 20 points of units or solos add one free non character solo or command or weapon attachment.

hammerfall highsheilds gain reposition 3" and horgenhold forgeguard gain relentless charge.

Also you are missing out on Ayana and Holt.

Destroyer of Worlds

It is very hard to part with Aiyana and Holt with Ossrum. The trenches are very useful for Primed units, except Rhulic units are awful Primed targets. Yeesh.

I saw RobShep play Ossrum with this list as a test once and it looked horrid. It's an effective list but boring to play and, at least in the instance I saw it played, was unpleasant for the opponent (though, to be fair, it was pre-Errata Skorne...playing against Mk3 Mercs...piloted by RobShep...).

I don't mind the Theme (it's nice to see PP didn't phone it in and give Hammerfall Highshields Ambush) but it doesn't really excite me. It's just...solid...nothing more.
    "We are the signpost that says "How about an Aliens reference? It's a sequel you know"

-Motto of the Amigos

Annihilator

It is very hard to part with Aiyana and Holt with Ossrum. The trenches are very useful for Primed units, except Rhulic units are awful Primed targets. Yeesh.
    The trenches are useful for anyone. Forge guard are only def 10, but in the trenches they're def 14. It matters quite a lot.

Annihilator

Brun & Lug seem a like an auto-include with those trenches and free Bokurs.

Really? Brun and Lug don't contribute to trenches or free Bokurs and Lug doesn't benefit from Perfect Plan (which I mention because frankly, this theme force should really just be called Operation Ossrum).
    Heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. The Cryx forums have lots of discussion right now. Go see them. Lol at Cryx tears. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "but doctor, I am a Cryx player."

Annihilator

Lug costs 0 points. Brun is a rhulic solo and contributes 16 pts for free bokurs. Brun & Lug also greatly benefit from trenches, because they are expensive models with medium DEF.

Annihilator

Lug costs 0 points. Brun is a rhulic solo and contributes 16 pts for free bokurs. Brun & Lug also greatly benefit from trenches, because they are expensive models with medium DEF.
    Expensive models that hit barely as hard as some lights. Being harder to shoot doesn't fix their biggest issue, which is how much damage they do if they make it into combat. This theme also won't allow them to get any damage buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanan View Post
    Being neither a unit nor a warjack, Brun contributes nothing - based on the spoiled beta rules that I saw, which only offered free models for units, not units and solos. Okgary seems to have seen differently? (edit: and that would indeed make Brun... well, still kind of bad, but marginally less bad! And constructing lists for the theme, one thing you do want is good models to make be bokur clients, which are thinner on the ground than you'd think)
    Last edited by Robert Shepherd; 01-12-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Minion Gobbers? So swamp gobber bellows crew and the Chef?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenlen View Post
    Minion Gobbers? So swamp gobber bellows crew and the Chef?
    And Reinholdt, which is basically essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaede View Post
    I don't see how trenches help much for primed units. The only way I can see to get some use out of them would be to put all of them close together but then you have to have a lot of warjacks to get enough trenches so not really any space for units in the list.

Conqueror

Yeah, none of those benefits seem to even marginally offset the loss of Aiyana & Holt and Kell Bailoch (and Alten Ashley if playing against Hordes)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Shepherd View Post
    Being neither a unit nor a warjack, Brun contributes nothing - based on the spoiled beta rules that I saw, which only offered free models for units, not units and solos. Okgary seems to have seen differently? (edit: and that would indeed make Brun... well, still kind of bad, but marginally less bad! And constructing lists for the theme, one thing you do want is good models to make be bokur clients, which are thinner on the ground than you'd think)
    I just copied what was posted in the Merc FB group. Don't ask me.

Warrior

Hammer Strike theme has dropped!

Comp: Rhulic Warcasters, non-character jacks, and units/models.

Benefits:
    1. For every 20 points of units we buy we get a free command attachment, weapon crew unit, or Ogrun Bokur.
    2. Heavy warjacks and weapon crews gain repo 3.
    3. Our deployment zone is 2" larger
    Last edited by Ribbits; 01-12-2017 at 11:41 AM.

So... Manditory 2 Artillery Crews then?
    Super-stats, free, and gain reposition?

And the Bunny Warren just got even better.

So... they strengthened the stuff that was already strong, while leaving the weak stuff alone?

Warrior

Seems to be. I bought a big dwarf lot that included two full High Shields boats, so I would love to see them actually become useable...

Does the Repo 3" and Thor's Drive stack (Repo 8") or is it a "Sniper no sniping" situation? Does the distance make enough of a difference to qualify as a different ability under Rule Priority on p. 10, or is the Repo the important part?

SMc.
    Last edited by smcwatt; 01-12-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smcwatt View Post
    Does the Repo 3" and Thor's Drive stack (Repo 8") or is it a "Sniper no sniping" situation?

SMc.
    No....Repo is for Hammerfall Gun Corp.....Thor's Drive is for Warjacks.....
    Mercenaries are fine as is... it is the bulk of the player base that needs the errata.

Warrior

Heavy Warjacks also get the Report 3

Nope, theme Repo is on heavy jacks and weapon crews, according to War Room.

SMc.
    Last edited by smcwatt; 01-12-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Conqueror

Double post - delete
    Last edited by zeno; 01-12-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Double post

Conqueror

So, no Reinholdt in addition to no A&H and no Kell...

Conqueror

So saying "I play Rhulic" still means you're using a Rhulic warcaster and Rhulic warjacks. Not the units.
    I went very hopefull when I read Reposition 3" on High Shields and Relentless Charge on Forge Guard. Thats what they need for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zeno View Post
    So saying "I play Rhulic" still means you're using a Rhulic warcaster and Rhulic warjacks. Not the units.
    I went very hopefull when I read Reposition 3" on High Shields and Relentless Charge on Forge Guard. Thats what they need for sure.
    The theme force only allows Rhulic Units/Models. I was excited for the Relentless Charge Forge Guard and Repo on HFGC.

So, Searforge minus Hutchuck, Gudrun....we still get to use Brun and Lug
    Mercenaries are fine as is... it is the bulk of the player base that needs the errata.

Destroyer of Worlds

Ossrum
    Rockram
    Driller
    Driller
    Blaster
    Blaster
    Thor
    Forgeguard
    Forgeguard
    OAC
    Artillery
    Artillery
    Herne and Jonne
    An Empire Unacquainted with Defeat

According to War Room, we Rhulic fanatics can only use 2 solos now: Thor and Ogrun Bokur.

That's pretty bad....

3 Solos, Thor, Bokur & Brun
    http://kodosderhenker.blogspot.com/

Harry, bring this Ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos der Henker View Post
    3 Solos, Thor, Bokur & Brun
    I don't see Brun and Lug in War Room for this theme force....

so the theme force does not include all Rhulic units
    (i don't have War Room)
    http://kodosderhenker.blogspot.com/

Harry, bring this Ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

Destroyer of Worlds

Probably a bug. But the restriction is so severe and the list so bland. .. argh lost interest
    Signatures take too much space.

It's a neat list, but I would have preferred something to boost the infantry, rather than the jacks which are already strong.

Come check out SKIDMARKS, my game of post apocalyptic vehicular mayhem, coming eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by StJason View Post
    And the Bunny Warren just got even better.
    It didn't? The only benefit for bunnies in this theme force is the extended deployment zone and it's not worth it if you have to give up on Reinholdt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Shepherd
    My chief inclusions in a Constance Blaize list are Constance, and regret.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast