Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who will the new Retribution caster be?

Do you guys think the heavy hinting in Prime that it is Goreshade4 will come true? Or will it be one of the originals finally getting an epic version?
    Retribution isn't a job, it's a way of life. If its ears are round, put it in the ground.

Garryth mk3 record and kills: 3-0
    Wins: Ossrum, Kromac2, Venethrax

I'm hoping it's some form of epic, whether that is Goreshade or one of our regular casters going epic I don't know, but we're waaaay overdue for another epic.

I'm hoping for a reborn Goreshade or another Epic. I could see Rahn or Ravyn getting the epic status.

Retribution MK3 record: W/L 25/8
    Helynna 15/4, Kaelyssa 5/0, Ravyn 0/2, Vyros2 3/1, Vyros1 0/1, Issyria 2/0
    2017 record: 2/0
    Issyria 1/0, Kaelyssa 1/0

Ravyn to make up for her current elf on the shelf status.

Destroyer of Worlds Hubert J. Farnsworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sivad View Post
    Ravyn to make up for her current elf on the shelf status.
    While I have wanted to see epic Ravyn with a unit of knights for a long time I'm actually leaning towards Goreshade4. I think it would be a really cool way to end his arc If he gets to become a hero again and I'm curious what answers we might get about the gods problem if it really is him.

Harbinger-esque touched by scryah caster wielding goreshade's stationary sword after killing goreshade please.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    Nyss are known to raid pillow factories all across the northern border of Khador. It's super weird and super annoying for the rural folk just trying to get a comfortable night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragelrock View Post
    Harbinger-esque touched by scryah caster wielding goreshade's stationary sword after killing goreshade please.
    Kaelyssa could use a new sword now that Vengeance lost Energy Syphon.

Kaelyssa is so good currently, it would take a very good Epic version to make me want to stop playing her .

Quote Originally Posted by SeBM View Post
    Kaelyssa is so good currently, it would take a very good Epic version to make me want to stop playing her .
    I'm not going to stop playing her, I just want to never have to make a decision for my SR pairings anymore. Kaelyssa1/Kaelyssa2 is the dream.

Destroyer of Worlds Tick-Tock Man's Avatar

I would love a Goreshade 4. Do we know if he still has Nyssor's sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeurian View Post
    I'm not going to stop playing her, I just want to never have to make a decision for my SR pairings anymore. Kaelyssa1/Kaelyssa2 is the dream.
    I don't know, I like the fact that Kaelyssa has a trully unique playstyle in Retribution and I feel like her second version needs to have another unique playstyle. I'm hoping it will happen, but not this soon!

I still want Key to go epic; she is on the short list of MK2 battlebox casters that only have one incarnation. Not that 4Shade wouldn't be cool and all (but its not like we don't have a cryx caster with Elara).

Quote Originally Posted by Tick-Tock Man View Post
    I would love a Goreshade 4. Do we know if he still has Nyssor's sword?
    We don't even know for sure who it is.

Destroyer of Worlds Tick-Tock Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demeritus View Post
    We don't even know for sure who it is.
    I know who I want it to be...

I would love Goreshade4 because his story is so great, but I also wouldn't be opposed to Garryth2 or Rahn2.
    Retribution isn't a job, it's a way of life. If its ears are round, put it in the ground.

Garryth mk3 record and kills: 3-0
    Wins: Ossrum, Kromac2, Venethrax

I'll continue to repeat what I've been saying for years, I want a gimmick caster. Warcaster Unit, Companion model, battle engine, something. I love casters like Old Witch, Karchev, Kaya2, Wurmwood, and Nemo3. I played Skorne for a while mostly just an excuse to play with Makeda3. I just really want one of those new model type casters or something, they're always so damn cool and thematic.

I am super excited to see anyone go epic. When it comes to unique characters we are on par with most of the other factions we are just lacking in epics. Personally I am leaning towards 4Shade but thats mostly because I want to rub it in the face of my good friend who plays Cryx. If I had to choose one of our own casters to go epic I would probably ask for Rayvn. I feel like her current form has a lot of room to be built upon and going Epic would be a great way to do that plus it would be a way to soften the blow of her not getting touched at all in the Errata.

Winning with Garryth since MKII
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    MkIII Assassinations:
    Kaelyssa: Vlad1, Una2, Skarre1
    Garryth: Kaya1, Iron Mother, Sorsha1,

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert J. Farnsworth View Post
    I'll continue to repeat what I've been saying for years, I want a gimmick caster. Warcaster Unit, Companion model, battle engine, something. I love casters like Old Witch, Karchev, Kaya2, Wurmwood, and Nemo3. I played Skorne for a while mostly just an excuse to play with Makeda3. I just really want one of those new model type casters or something, they're always so damn cool and thematic.
    Here here. All of our 'casters are either a dude standing there (or floating) or Vyros 2. I'll take a battle engine all day. I'll take a Man in the Machine. Someone with two companions, or three disposable and replaceable droid things, or anything else other than 'dude standing there.' I don't particularly just want another person on a horse, but I'll take Holy Paladin Shade 4 on a horse. That'd be boss af

Quote Originally Posted by NEoJoe View Post
    Here here. All of our 'casters are either a dude standing there (or floating) or Vyros 2. I'll take a battle engine all day. I'll take a Man in the Machine. Someone with two companions, or three disposable and replaceable droid things, or anything else other than 'dude standing there.' I don't particularly just want another person on a horse, but I'll take Holy Paladin Shade 4 on a horse. That'd be boss af
    I've been asking for Ravyn and two Fane Knights since the first Warlock Units dropped. I would also accept Rahn either in power armor or with his own battle mages/drones, maybe Ossyan on a Battle Engine, idk. The point is yes, tired of "person standing with a weapon".

Outa left field it's Epic Thyron and the crowd goes mild....

Jokes aside I'd like it to be a whole new character or a team of like 3 mini-casters as a group.
    Last edited by Lowking; 01-11-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Is the prisoner a prisoner because he lives in a cage or because he knows that he lives in a cage. -Michael Moorcock

Quote Originally Posted by Lowking View Post
    Outa left field it's Epic Thyron and the croud goes mild....

Jokes aside I'd like it to be a whole new character or a team of like 3 mini-casters as a group.
    I'd take epic Thyron, he's one of my favorite models from the end of MkII, I just wish he wasn't geared so heavily for a meta that doesn't exist :/.

I'd take epic Thyron, he's one of my favorite models from the end of MkII, I just wish he wasn't geared so heavily for a meta that doesn't exist :/.
    Agreed.
    Is the prisoner a prisoner because he lives in a cage or because he knows that he lives in a cage. -Michael Moorcock

The point is yes, tired of "person standing with a weapon".
    I agree, anything besides just someone standing there. I would really like to see something new to the faction. Garryth2, Narn2, Nayl2 Warcaster unit anyone?

Winning with Garryth since MKII
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    MkIII Assassinations:
    Kaelyssa: Vlad1, Una2, Skarre1
    Garryth: Kaya1, Iron Mother, Sorsha1,

Probably whoever the "champion of Scyrah" that emerged from the fane and banished the eldritch horrors from within as stated in the prime rulebook would be my guess though they didn't give any indication of who that would be.

Annihilator

they could just take current kaelyssa rename her kaelyssa2 give her a new sculpt and I'd play kae/kae as my tournament pair

It's eRavyn, returning to the Fane.

Hoping for eRavyn, to have a uniting figure to mobilise Ios around - And to actually focus on the religious aspect of Ret for a change.

Destroyer of Worlds RandomThoughts's Avatar

I'm actually leaning towards Goreshade4. I think it would be a really cool way to end his arc If he gets to become a hero again
    Was he ever a hero? way I read it, he was the Palpatine of Ios, the brutal dictator that nearly drove a whole nation into moral ruin.

Kaelyssa could use a new sword now that Vengeance lost Energy Syphon.
    Funny story, but a few years back when I was just getting into Ret, we had a few epic Kae/Goreshade1 battles, so the two of them going at each other always conjures warm, fluffy nostalgia from me.

But think about the agony once Kae3 and (eventually) Kae4 come out! More Kaes than you can fit into your SR pairing!

*the horror!*

*placeholder for witty one-liner*

i want goreshade 4, who i think... either kae2 or ravyn 2

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    Was he ever a hero? way I read it, he was the Palpatine of Ios, the brutal dictator that nearly drove a whole nation into moral ruin.
    Depends on who you ask. He was never Palpatine, he wasn't in it for personal power or glory. He legitimately believed that something had to be done about the soulless problem and that the Consulate Court wasn't willing to do anything. In his mind any means justified the ends of saving his people. You can argue his methods but everything he's done since supports the assertion that he is trying his best to save his people. Hell, Nyssor told him he was on the right path, just making the wrong conclusion and we don't know what he may have learned since then.

Nyssor holding Nyssor's sword with Goreshade dead at his feat.

"I don't belive one word of this "glass cannon" nonsense.
    Plus I've always thought they were OP and had more cheese then wisconsin"

Depends on who you ask. He was never Palpatine, he wasn't in it for personal power or glory. He legitimately believed that something had to be done about the soulless problem and that the Consulate Court wasn't willing to do anything. In his mind any means justified the ends of saving his people. You can argue his methods but everything he's done since supports the assertion that he is trying his best to save his people. Hell, Nyssor told him he was on the right path, just making the wrong conclusion and we don't know what he may have learned since then.
    Ironically, Vyros--who is seen as a hero for vanquishing Goreshade--is kind of the Palpatine of Ios. He's only in it for his own personal gain. That's why he joined the Retribution: he sees it as a way to further his political career. Saving Ios, if the Retribution can even do that, is incidental to him.

It would create a pretty interesting dynamic if Goreshade faction-hopped to Retribution, since Vyros' political career is basically built on defeating him, and his Mk.II Forces of Retribution lore blurb calls out killing Goreshade as one of his long-term goals.

Of course, that could just mean that he's the one who emerges from the fane, and we get a Vyros3 before any other epics...

My personal hope is that Goreshade found some way to sacrifice himself to regenerate Scyrah, and she's the new caster, because that would be awesome. Pretty sure that's not going to happen, though.
    My Slightly Silly Khador Battle Reports

Quote Originally Posted by /tg/
    Every caster who isn't your stereotypical wizard is really capable in combat, but if their dumb *** gets knocked down in front of a robot with an axe the size of a car, they're dead.

Destroyer of Worlds

To be more precise : Vyros is the Goreshade of Ios. I mean, the second Goreshade. Like Goreshade, he is legitimaly concerned about soulless. Like Goreshade, he want power. Like Goreshade, he is ruthless and don't believe in anything but himself.

The main difference is how he did not become mad yet.

I honestly think Goreshade has one of the most interesting character arcs in the series simply because of the different ways it can be read. Ohlmann sees him as mad, I see him as someone who was desperate enough to try anything to save his people (with a little bit of narcissism thrown in), others probably just see him as The Bane Guy.

The Forces of Retribution book spends a lot of time painting Ghyrrshyld as a madman and a megalomaniac, but the Retribution section of Prime MkIII takes a very different tone, saying that after all these years some people are starting to wonder if maybe he was right. Think about it, if you're entire species was dying and most of the aristocracy and government seemed content to ignore it what would you do? Would you be willing to just stand aside and let your people die out? How many would you be willing to sacrifice to save them? If he had won the Civil War and spent all the intervene years putting every mystical and scientific resource at his disposal towards the problem of the gods would it be solved by now? How many babies born without souls would it take to make up for those killed in the war?

Even if becoming an eldritch was as terrible an act as it's made out to be (and it's unclear how much harm that does to anyone but the eldritch themselves) what other choice did he have if he was going to try to continue his work? From his perspective he just lost thousands of brave, loyal soldiers fighting a government that will continue to not do anything about the issue at hand.

Of course, if he was wrong all this would be unforgivable. But we know from his confrontation with Nyssor that he is at least partially correct, something no other Iosian has even gotten close to. Who's to say what else he learned in the years since?

This is what I find so compelling about Goreshade's character arc, especially since they could have easily just made him another undead sorcerer playing the normal Cryx power games. Instead I see a deeply flawed individual who none-the-less is giving everything he has trying to save his people from certain doom. That's why it would be so amazing to see him vindicated, proven at least partially right and moving back towards being accepted by the people he cares for so deeply.
    Last edited by Hubert J. Farnsworth; 01-12-2017 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Spelling of made up words

Destroyer of Worlds

I honestly think Goreshade has one of the most interesting character arcs in the series simply because of the different ways it can be read. Ohlmann sees him as mad, I see him as someone who was desperate enough to try anything to save his people (with a little bit of narcissism thrown in), others probably just see him as The Bane Guy.
    I wasn't correct to him by saying that in that way. I do agree with your characterization, but with the idea that, toward the end of his mortal life, he was doing way more than strictly necessary and stopped considering whether his action were ethical, or even necessary. The decision to become an undead was likely not done in an entirely intact mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlmann View Post
    I wasn't correct to him by saying that in that way. I do agree with your characterization, but with the idea that, toward the end of his mortal life, he was doing way more than strictly necessary and stopped considering whether his action were ethical, or even necessary. The decision to become an undead was likely not done in an entirely intact mind.
    Fair enough hahaha, either way I'd love him to be our next caster (though presumably he wouldn't be Goreshade 4, he's be Ghyrrshyld 1 or maybe even just drop the name).

With the possibility of getting the champion of Scyrah, I kind of doubt we are getting a warcaster unit or something similar. Maybe next time!

I have also always liked Goreshade's story, there are so many layers to it. To me, it's one of the most well written piece of PP fluff.

I'd like to see an eRavyn Cavalry Warcaster Unit... Add in the Pain Knight and you get the 4 Horsemen (& Horsewomen) of the Ret-pocalypse...

Quote Originally Posted by Hjiryon View Post
    Hoping for eRavyn, to have a uniting figure to mobilise Ios around - And to actually focus on the religious aspect of Ret for a change.
    It always felt like this was, or should have been, the intent of Ravyn from the start. Her initial fluff kind of portrayed her as the 'hero of the people'. A holy knight that came from the Fane to join the Retribution; An upstanding person who everyone in Ios could rally around, not just those who believed in what the sect was doing.

He was the hero that Ios needed, not the one it deserved?

Quote Originally Posted by SeBM View Post
    I have also always liked Goreshade's story, there are so many layers to it. To me, it's one of the most well written piece of PP fluff.
    There's a reason why Doug Seacat always says that Goreshade is one of his favorite characters in the setting. He enjoys exploring the character, and probably loves opportunities to do more with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_DC View Post
    Mercenaries and Minions are the Shrodinger's cat of factionality.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum - He who wishes for peace, let him prepare for war."

Quote Originally Posted by Dybbuk View Post
    Ironically, Vyros--who is seen as a hero for vanquishing Goreshade--is kind of the Palpatine of Ios. He's only in it for his own personal gain. That's why he joined the Retribution: he sees it as a way to further his political career. Saving Ios, if the Retribution can even do that, is incidental to him.

It would create a pretty interesting dynamic if Goreshade faction-hopped to Retribution, since Vyros' political career is basically built on defeating him, and his Mk.II Forces of Retribution lore blurb calls out killing Goreshade as one of his long-term goals.
    This is the primary reason I would enjoy for Ghyrrshyld to be the hero they are talking about. Anything that can gut-punch/undermine Vyros' political aspirations is awesome in my books. Ios ain't got no time for that! I've disliked Rahn and Vyros since the very first time I read the forces book (doesn't help that Kaelyssa has had a problem with him either).

But think about the agony once Kae3 and (eventually) Kae4 come out! More Kaes than you can fit into your SR pairing!

*the horror!*
    I'll just have to push for 3 and then 4 list tournaments as they release!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast