Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Xeurian View Post

I'll just have to push for 3 and then 4 list tournaments as they release!
    list chicken with haley/haley/haley or caine/caine/caine would be stories of legend.

on topic. i wouldnt mind rhan getting one of those mega mitten suits and just start wrecking peoples faces... i want this mostly from a modeling point of view however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert J. Farnsworth View Post
    This is what I find so compelling about Goreshade's character arc, especially since they could have easily just made him another undead sorcerer playing the normal Cryx power games. Instead I see a deeply flawed individual who none-the-less is giving everything he has trying to save his people from certain doom. That's why it would be so amazing to see him vindicated, proven at least partially right and moving back towards being accepted by the people he cares for so deeply.
    This is exactly why I love Goreshade even though I have never played Cryx.
    Retribution isn't a job, it's a way of life. If its ears are round, put it in the ground.

Garryth mk3 record and kills: 3-0
    Wins: Ossrum, Kromac2, Venethrax

Honestly, I kind of hope its the Nyss Twins (Saeryn & Rhyas). There have been hints in the lore that they have found a way to shut out Everblight, and the Retribution is the best place for them (and for any other Nyss to go).

Retribution definitely leans one way, but the Nyss provide a way to do different theming and types of units (whoever had the idea that Ret medium infantry is 1 wound 4 shield units who can take an action to refresh their shields [d3 + 1, similiar to how force field refresh on jacks work] is a genius). The Nyss are definitely used to fighting different people, so a fresh injection of ideas could result in better anti-Hordes units staffed by Nyss who are now part of the Retribution.

Also, it would be neat for Retribution just because weird casters (Coven comes to mind) are always fun if done right, and I think the twins could be really interesting. Also would open up narrative space because Ret appearing in Hordes fiction makes a lot more sense if the Nyss who joined are going in search of others, or even just the existing Nyss (Twins especially) resisting the corruption. I admittedly like the Twins narratively, so I'm a little biased, but I think the idea is pretty good.

If they do 2 casters (Ret book is supposedly last because it's bigger) bring on Goreshade. His lore is awesome, and what he could do for Retribution in terms of opening up eldritch units or other units that serve Ret from beyond the grave (or whatever else Goreshade cooks up) would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrael View Post
    Honestly, I kind of hope its the Nyss Twins (Saeryn & Rhyas). There have been hints in the lore that they have found a way to shut out Everblight, and the Retribution is the best place for them (and for any other Nyss to go).

Retribution definitely leans one way, but the Nyss provide a way to do different theming and types of units (whoever had the idea that Ret medium infantry is 1 wound 4 shield units who can take an action to refresh their shields [d3 + 1, similiar to how force field refresh on jacks work] is a genius). The Nyss are definitely used to fighting different people, so a fresh injection of ideas could result in better anti-Hordes units staffed by Nyss who are now part of the Retribution.

Also, it would be neat for Retribution just because weird casters (Coven comes to mind) are always fun if done right, and I think the twins could be really interesting. Also would open up narrative space because Ret appearing in Hordes fiction makes a lot more sense if the Nyss who joined are going in search of others, or even just the existing Nyss (Twins especially) resisting the corruption. I admittedly like the Twins narratively, so I'm a little biased, but I think the idea is pretty good.
    If it is the twins, I think it would be far more interesting to see only one of the twins switch over. Would they be a Warcaster? I'm not certain they can be, so how about this... Have a Character unit with one of the twins and some other Characters perhaps. Rhyas with some Assassins or Saeryn with Lanyssa. Something like that.

Destroyer of Worlds Tick-Tock Man's Avatar

If it is the twins, I think it would be far more interesting to see only one of the twins switch over. Would they be a Warcaster? I'm not certain they can be, so how about this... Have a Character unit with one of the twins and some other Characters perhaps. Rhyas with some Assassins or Saeryn with Lanyssa. Something like that.
    Garryth with Saeryn/Rhyas attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Tick-Tock Man View Post
    Garryth with Saeryn/Rhyas attachment?
    I don't know that Garryth would be down for that. I most easily see Ravyn to be honest. Pretty symbolic. Kaelyssa might work as well.

Destroyer of Worlds Tick-Tock Man's Avatar

I don't know that Garryth would be down for that. I most easily see Ravyn to be honest. Pretty symbolic. Kaelyssa might work as well.
    I'm trying to make this sexy. I don't see the twins becoming Ret models at all. I really like the idea of Goreshade 4. If not that, I would love to have our next epic be a super solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrael View Post
    I've been thinking about the whole rumours of nyss twins for a while and the problem always comes up: They were warlocks with beasts instead of 'jacks. But it makes you sorta wonder about the nature of Nyss, Legion and warlock/warcasters in general. While spell casters exist in elves and other races, it's not every race that actually -can- do magic. Ogrun as far as I've seen don't have spell casters and yet Thagrosh is a warlock. Now obviously he's an exception because of Everblight's influence, but that means Everblight can influence who has warlock powers and who doesn't to a degree.

The reason I say this is because we've never seen a non-blighted Nyss warlock, which could mean such a trait actually doesn't exist and that nyss, like regular iosan, could simply be warcasters if trained/have the ability.

Should one of the twins (or any everblight caster for that matter) come over, it's possible that they would lose their 'gifted' warlock powers or that it could be refocused as warcasting.

On the other hand, I'd love to see weird Monstrosity versions of chained Legion defects stolen and re purposed for Ret to use (ala trying to direct Zerg used by Terrains in starcraft) But that might be a tad too crazy even for the angry elves heh.

If the twins were to come over to Ret which I honestly would be perfectly fine with I would be quite likely that only one of them would have the WarCaster talent and that the other one would simply be an character unit member kinda like Caine3 and the B13th. I just want something new in the faction as far as casters go and the two things we don't have are war caster unit and a huge based caster and I can't afford that one so a unit would be nice.

Winning with Garryth since MKII
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    MkIII Assassinations:
    Kaelyssa: Vlad1, Una2, Skarre1
    Garryth: Kaya1, Iron Mother, Sorsha1,

Well, I think the thing comes down is that most warlocks (at least, the Legion ones) are warlocks because they have a piece of athanc in them. Who they could have been before than it entered their life?

The Nyss specifically were corrupted, and so maybe they (or people in Ret) figured out how to lessen the corruption, or do something with it allowing them to be who they would have been before the blight. It would be an interesting direction to take the fluff, and fairly plausible?

If you look at the fluff behind the different types of magic users in the fluff (namely from the iron kingdoms stuff) you'll realize that being a natural warlock is more about controlling beasts than spell casting. However the legion locks have 2 amongst they're ranks that were magic users before the anathac. (Seryn, and vayl.) it's not outside the realm of possibility that seryn was misidentified as a sorcerer in her village, when in fact it was warcaster talent.
    Knowlage is power, and I plan to be very powerful indeed.

"the blue skinned angry elves" Retribution of scyrah ~100 points
    "Freedom Cygnar" Cygnar ~100 points
    "Sceme that accually makes sense Legion" Legion of Everblight ~25 points

Destroyer of Worlds Hubert J. Farnsworth's Avatar

I doubt we'll see the Twins. Wrath of the Dragonfather states pretty definitely that while Saeryn isn't a huge fan of Everblight taking full control of her she only cut him off because he was going to do something stupid. She is still fanatically loyal to him, she's just the one warlock (save Rhyas, who doesn't seem particularly strong-willed or opinionated) who can resist being his puppet. She breaks his control, knowing he'll be pissed, because she knows that doing what he wants will just get him killed in the long run but she still wants to rejoin the Legion at some point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12