Default [OFFICIAL] Lock & Load 2017 tickets now on sale

Tickets for Lock & Load 2017 are now on sale. http://www.pplockandload.com/

Privateer Press will be holding the 7th annual Lock & Load GameFest July 14-16, 2017 in Bellevue, Washington!

Done and done. Now to get plane ticket.
    Kragon Scarsnout Milkweed Dugger Scarrow Hijinks on the High Seas Jurg Darrow Iron West Company Rak Ember

Destroyer of Worlds

I knew this was the date, but it still seems to have rushed up somehow heh... really want to, still not sure it's worth it for me. Decisions, adulting, ugh.

Is there any news about the Outposts, specifically the UK one from last year being repeated?

Cryx:
    Gaspy3: 0/0/4
    Battlebox
    Agathia:2/0/1

FYI The confirmation email from RegOnline is still using the 2016 graphic.

Hotel booking: Check
    Lock & Load ticket: Check

Having a great time again with friends and fellow Warmahordes players: Just waiting for July to say CHECK!

Fixing the graphic now, thanks for the heads up!

Ticket bought, July can't happen soon enough! Now fingers crossed my Skorne army will be amazing enough to dethrone my current plan of bringing Cygnar!
    Currently trying in MK3: Siegecrawler. Work, damn you, work!
    My Armies: Dino-Skorne, Cygnar Seaguard

I also would like to know if the UK outpost is happening this year, last year's was pretty cool.

Destroyer of Worlds Darq Hunter's Avatar

I got my hotel room but need to wait until after another con before I can purchase my ticket.

Fingers cross, Revelator out! Got mine.
    Learned a new word, Catastrophizing.

The outposts were done to celebrate the release of the new edition. That said, there will not be any official outposts this year.

Done and ready for July. Really excited to go all three days this year!
    Last edited by ZagNation; 01-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Strange thing happened while booking tickets:
    It registered me, got a confirmation email, then a few minutes later I got a cancellation email. I booked myself a second time and this time it didn't send a cancellation.

I'll keep an eye on my credit card charges over the next few days. Who should I send an email to if something really goes wrong?
    "All monsters in Monster Hunter games are weak to damage. Hit them till they're down!"

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_JR View Post
    The outposts were done to celebrate the release of the new edition. That said, there will not be any official outposts this year.
    So if nobody asked, PP would never have said anything?

This is a big deal to the European community. Why do you communicate this in such a casual and careless manner?
    Page5.de: Website / Facebook / Twitter / YouTube

My personal Twitter / My Blog

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_JR
    Wow, that's pretty disappointing. The last two were really good.

Yea, you seem to have forgotten that there was an outpost 2015. I am not saying you are lying but are you sure that not having an edition to celebrate is the only reason there isn't one?

Is there a limit on the number of tickets being sold?

I want to go, but the last time I planned to come I had to cancel my reservations two weeks out because of family issues. I hate planning 6 months in advance.
    Circle: 349pts. Kaya1-3, Kromac2, Tanith, Una1-2. Bunch of wolves and birds. And some rocks.
    2017: Still don't own a Tree.

Conqueror

I kind of assumed it would be a regular thing, but two occurrences do not make a trend. To me those outposts were not only amazing events, but also a sign that PP cared about the players outside of the US.

Answering a handful of questions/comments in this post.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the EU community. Plans on if there would be outposts this year were being finalized, and they were finalized the day before yesterday. I answered the question here on the forums as it popped up so people would know now, not when the next CONsider comes out. If it was seen as dismissive, that was not my intent. I just wanted people to know.

The outpost in 2015 was a trial run for the larger scale outposts in 2016. With such a big undertaking as running four simultaneous conventions, we wanted to make sure that it was viable for the release of the new edition.

Tickets are not limited. Events will have limited spaces, and what those will be and how many spaces is something I am finishing up soon.

Should you have any issues with Regonline, please shoot an email to lockandload@privateerpress.com.

But i want an outpost. This is super unfair

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the EU community. Plans on if there would be outposts this year were being finalized, and they were finalized the day before yesterday. I answered the question here on the forums as it popped up so people would know now, not when the next CONsider comes out. If it was seen as dismissive, that was not my intent. I just wanted people to know.
    Thanks for coming back and responding.

I know now you didn't intend it to come across that way - but it did. This is a major announcement, and you just said it yourself, was finalized only in the past 2 days. Can I suggest doing this a little more organised the next time and not announcing it on a random forum post?

And playing into that, can I also suggest, that all Privateer employees that post on the forums put their name and position into their signatures? Forgive me for being blunt, but other than your PPS handle, I have no idea who you are.

Quick question: When are badges being shipped out?

There is a much more formal announcement on this topic coming, but I wanted people to know early.

I will suggest the change to signatures to our marketing team, it is a solid idea.

Badges will be shipped out the first week in June so there is enough time for people to get them.

Is it July yet?
    Kragon Scarsnout Milkweed Dugger Scarrow Hijinks on the High Seas Jurg Darrow Iron West Company Rak Ember

There is a much more formal announcement on this topic coming, but I wanted people to know early.

I will suggest the change to signatures to our marketing team, it is a solid idea.

Badges will be shipped out the first week in June so there is enough time for people to get them.
    Thanks.

so germany celebrated 2 years, first one without knowing there will be a new edition.... ????

Thanks JR!

How do I phrase this so that it won't get deleted? What were the reasons that you will no longer do L&L outposts?
    Last edited by Mod_PolarBearCub; 01-12-2017 at 01:33 PM.

This deserves an answer, so I am tackling this here and will make sure it is included in my next CONsider.

Outposts. We did them to celebrate the new editions and we were pleased with how they went. Ultimately though, we don’t feel they truly delivered the full Lock & Load experience. Being split across four different shows at the same time means we aren’t able to dial in and give you, the community, our undivided attention. We know we can do better, and we will.

We are implementing some of this into this year’s SmogCon. SmogCon 2017 will see the faction reveal short video first. They will get their hands on the new faction specific alternate sculpt model first. They will get to play in a narrative event crafted by Organized Play Developer Will Hungerford and Writing Manager Matt Goetz, and they will get to play it alongside both of them. Lead Studio Painter Dallas Kemp will be at the show running classes on painting and will be showing off some of the new faction’s models. There will be hangouts so you can talk to our team about the new faction, hone your writing skills, and get to pick Goetz, Dallas, and Hungerford’s brains about the new faction.

One of the things I will be working on over this year (to manifest next year) is developing our presence in the EU and how to give you the real Lock & Load experience. This means Privateer Press staff at the show. This means hangouts so you can ask us your questions in person. This means events that are outside what anyone but Privateer can bring.
    I am the Convention Manager for Privateer Press.

Should you have any issues with Regonline, please shoot an email to lockandload@privateerpress.com.
    Looks like there may be a problem after all. I'll collect the information and send it in. Thanks.
    "All monsters in Monster Hunter games are weak to damage. Hit them till they're down!"