- Ironclad [12]
    Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
    Ragman [4]
    Lieutenant Allison Jakes [4]
    - Grenadier [9]
    - Grenadier [9]
    Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
    Anastasia di Bray [3]

So the jist is to jam the list full of cheap models that punch above their weight class for points - primarily our cheap lights and a pair of Ironclads.

Minutemen - So versatile. There's loose focus around to hand out boosts to their trivially RAT 10 guns ( Temp Dist + Back Arc ) combined with auto-hitting tech, janky assassination angles that Haley3 loves, and all that jazz. Going to DEF 16 is huge, and operating behind a cloud wall skews up their survivability too. I don't think there's much they can't handle with Ragman around, and they're economical about it.

Ironclads - 14/18 PS 20 for 12 points, MAT 9. They're the closers for the list. Late game anchors who sweep out the trash and crack the super hard stuff.

Grenadiers - They do so much damage. More than a stormwall to anything but ARM 20+. Combine that with the sheer insanity of all of that blast damage. Even if they get jammed up, if you load them up they can do work with 4 attacks at MAT 8 PS 15 with Temp Dist + Ragman). I brought Jakes because she can feed both while being reasonably safe 8" behind the trenchers behind the smoke wall. Arcing Fire is an amazing rule.

Thoughts? I wouldn't drop it into a Legion gunline, but short of that I feel relatively solid about this into most anything.

Edit - Small tweak - Considering I was only bringing the Squire for the extra focus more than anything, I dropped him for Arlan who can do that while providing additional utility. This left me with 3 points, which became Anastasia because getting 1st turn is really nice for unpacking the smoke wall.
    Last edited by dur3ndal; 01-11-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Any opinions are mine, take them with a big chunk of Himalayan sea salt.

The objective is to win, the point is to have fun.

I think this looks really solid. Arlan is slightly more dangerous since Haley can't camp extra focus, but he will last longer and the magic weapon is really crucial in certain match ups. Ragman and Ironclad's do work. Trenchers with Revive is a legit tarpit.

I feel like Thorn is too good though, Haley just has too many great spells and it opens up more assassination vectors. I'd drop Arlan and a Minuteman for him.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrogenator View Post
    I think this looks really solid. Arlan is slightly more dangerous since Haley can't camp extra focus, but he will last longer and the magic weapon is really crucial in certain match ups. Ragman and Ironclad's do work. Trenchers with Revive is a legit tarpit.

I feel like Thorn is too good though, Haley just has too many great spells and it opens up more assassination vectors. I'd drop Arlan and a Minuteman for him.
    I hear you, and I definitely wish I had 13 more points in the list. There are a few reasons I'd say I'd prefer Arlan + Minuteman in this list -

1) Saturation - Minutemen are a warjack that I think benefit greatly from being brought en masse. They're fragile bringers of havoc, and having 3 usually means 1 or 2 last through the entire game without too much issue.

2) Turn in turn out performance - a Minuteman + Arlan are going to contribute to attrition turn in, turn out. Thorn opens up angles on some turns, but will have turns he isn't an active contributor. I think a Minuteman will hit harder and do more damage on average. Arlan has a ton of utility, and I just am not fully sold on needing the extra angles for Force Hammer because of reason 3 -

3) Assassination Angles - While Thorn gives some options for arcing Force Hammer, and maybe occasionally ghost walk, the Minutemen can open up a ton of angles too via their power attack and jump shenanigans. Often more favorable angles, as well. With 11" non-linear movement including a place effect, it's not unreasonable for minuteman to throw a medium or small based warcaster TOWARDS the rest of the army (as opposed to slamming them potentially out of range of your guns), and then another minuteman can hop in, back stop the warcaster while double tapping him. Assuming the warcaster is still alive, now you've got an almost guaranteed 5d6 Force Hammer from slamming the warcaster into the Minuteman followed up by all of the rest of the pain your army is bringing.

Thorn is an amazing warjack, and he actually is a good attrition piece at 15/18 POW 16 with set defense, but I'm leaning towards MOAR JUMPACKS.

This list looks like so much fun, and really seems like what I want out of a haley3 list anyway. Have you put it on the table yet? I'd love to hear how it works in practice!
    Currently trying in MK3: Skorne. I am home.
    My Armies: Dino-Skorne, Cygnar Seaguard

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by cavebaby View Post
    This list looks like so much fun, and really seems like what I want out of a haley3 list anyway. Have you put it on the table yet? I'd love to hear how it works in practice!
    Not yet, hopefully this weekend or Tuesday at the latest. I'm pretty excited. I got 3 minutemen for Kraye in Mk2, I needed to find some way to use them in Mk3 and frankly this actually looks pretty legit.

I really want to hate this but cannot do so.
    The game is good.
    The B13 are fine
    Listen to the Storm Chamber

Grenadiers - They do so much damage. More than a stormwall to anything but ARM 20+. Combine that with the sheer insanity of all of that blast damage. Even if they get jammed up, if you load them up they can do work with 4 attacks at MAT 8 PS 15 with Temp Dist + Ragman). I brought Jakes because she can feed both while being reasonably safe 8" behind the trenchers behind the smoke wall. Arcing Fire is an amazing rule.
    One observation. Jakes cannot load the Grenadiers, as she is not a trencher model. Unless by feed you mean "give focus to." Other than that, looks fun.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by thesavage View Post
    One observation. Jakes cannot load the Grenadiers, as she is not a trencher model. Unless by feed you mean "give focus to." Other than that, looks fun.
    I do indeed mean give focus. Haley3 has plenty of spare focus on many turns, especially with no go to revive target, but feeding 5 focus hungry lights AND potentially Ironclads is a bit much of a strain. Plus if one Grenadier goes down Jakes can toss Sidekick on the other and make it a truly obnoxious DEF 18 to shooting and melee.

Destroyer of Worlds

Had a chance to get 3 games in with this list over the weekend. Dropped into Abby2 Proteus + Shredder spam, Thags1 + Typhon + Double Swordsmen, and Borka2. Just friendly games, nothing super competitive. That said, list performed very very well. In all 3 games combined I lost 8 Trenchers and 2 Minutemen. Highlight was getting a 5d6 Force Hammer onto a death shrouded Earthborn to spike 15 damage in one hit.

I never even needed to use the cloud wall, two times I deployed the Grenadiers + Jakes + Trenchers on the opposite flank from Haley3. Minutemen put in serious work - bottom of 2 vs Thags1 they pretty trivially deleted an entire unit of Swordsmen in a zone even though they were well spaced to score me a point, and then the turn after they put the finishing touches on Typhon getting me to 3 points.

It's still early days, but this list is fun and so far is working well.

If I am not mistaken the Arcing fire does not help with the smoke wall. It allows to ignore interveining models when determining LOS, but a smoke cloud is not a model.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneII View Post
    If I am not mistaken the Arcing fire does not help with the smoke wall. It allows to ignore interveining models when determining LOS, but a smoke cloud is not a model.
    Yup, that's correct. It's still very potent, however. It's great for sniping out support, CAs, or WAs, and it means that any warcaster within 16" is in the Dangah zone, screen or no screen. You just gotta activate the Grenadiers before the trenchers, which means some preplanning on your part.

Destroyer of Worlds

Got a few more games in -

1st - Harkevich + Viktor + Conquest + WGI+CA+2xWA + WGI Mortar and Joe in Winterguard Theme. Scenario was the two horizontal rectangles with objectives. I got first thanks to Anastasia, and cloud walled to prevent any bottom of 1 shenanigans from the advanced move colossals with really big guns. Worked pretty well, none of my stuff got shot, but my opponent then jammed both colossals into the zones. Fortunately for me, however, he did not feat. Conquest was in my zone, out of threat of either Ironclads - perfect test for how much pain my lights can put out.

Anastasia Ambushes and kills half the mortar team while tying the other half up in melee. I'm a little jammed up, so I have to activate the Trenchers and one Minuteman first to get Dark Shroud on it, they do so, and they ping it for a few. Ragman goes up and now we're looking at an ARM 18 Conquest, much more palatable. The other 2 Minutemen go in and do some serious work, leaving it on around 20 boxes. First Grenadier activates, walks up to base some Trenchers, and finishes it off. I still had a second Grenadier and the Haleys left, which was potentially another 6 boosted POW 15s and a boosted POW 14, so we killed it with dice to spare. The rest of my list kills some Winter Guard and I get the Haleys positioned to get my bubble up around my lights.

Next turn Harkevich feats, kills some Trenchers with a Broadsides, kills a few other models and lights stuff on fire with his feat shot, and then Viktor comes in and whiffs hard on a DEF 16 Grenadier. With my entire army mostly in tact, including 2 Ironclads in charge range and Ragman, my opponent calls the game at this point.

Thoughts - Man but Minutemen and Grenadiers do work. I always tinker with the idea of just bringing a bunch of Chargers instead, but the utility Minutemen bring with Flak Field, their higher defense, and really not caring about being engaged is just too good. Anastasia continues to be an MVP. If my opponent ever puts anything juicy within 16" of either table edge, she makes her points back almost every time irrespective of winning the roll off. She's really good. The new backstab is dope. I'm still really rusty not having much time to play the last couple months, but it's starting to click.

2nd - pStryker + Hurricane + Storm Lances w/Laddermore + Double Storm Blades in theme. I win the roll off again thanks to Anastasia. Scenario is Recon, there's a fair amount of terrain and my opponent doesn't have great access to Pathfinder. Despite the super long threat range on most of his stuff with Snipe, I elect to not cloud wall turn 1 in order to get more board space with the amount of dudes coming in on me. I run up, get echos out, and pass turn. He pushes most of his troops into the central zone due to terrain considerations, and the Sniped Hurricane puts a few boxes onto a Minuteman, not having LOS to anything else due to the Storm Lances jamming everything up. He pops feat and says "Come at me bro".

My plan is to cause as much disruption as possible to prevent him getting work done on my stuff the following turn until feat drops and I can effectively counterpunch. I end up popping feat this turn, though I don't know if it was necessary and it seemed kinda dumb. My opponent has an SBC so all of his stuff is jammed up super tight because he can just tactician, but critically he did not minifeat with the unit of Stormblades that are mixed in with the Storm Lances. He had knocked down one of his own Storm Lances to get LOS to some of my stuff. I end up using Baby Haley to Force Hammer a Storm Lance through about half the unit of Stormblades, knocking them and a Storm Lance down and absolutely pasting the original target with a 5d6 damage roll. I get some ineffectual shooting done and bunch my stuff up to close behind the cloud wall. I didn't Tac Sup, so the Trenchers are visible in the clouds.

My opponent walks in with the Storm Lances, kills some Trenchers, and uses them to knock down 2 of the Minutemen and ends up pinging all 3 for good damage, knocking out Cortexes on all of them. This hurt, but I still have my grenadiers and I shouldn't need any focus to still get a bunch of work out of them. My turn rolls around, and my counterpunch puts me solidly up on attrition. I kill one entire unit of Stormblades, followed by all but one of the Lances, and all but 3-4 of the other unit of Stormblades. The game descends from there into a slug match, but I end up clearing the zone the following turn, still having both Ironclads and a Grenadier, and I think maybe one Minuteman? Still, I'm dominating the zone, and the only thing he really has to contest with an Arcane Shielded Hurricane which I jammed up a bit with the last Trencher. He missed some chances killing the Trencher, which means the Hurricane has to trample in and ends up being pretty ineffectual.

I need to kill the Hurricane to get the final 2 and win on Scenario, and I'm really really bad at this game sometimes. I completely forget that Haley3 has Repudiate. Long story short, I come up around 24 boxes short on 9+ attacks into it, AKA it woulda died. I should have won the game right there, but instead I run the Haleys in order to score on the far right flag. I'm open to a low percentage assassination, but my opponent doesn't see it and concedes.

Thoughts - Read the damn cards. I'm rusty, but that's pretty bad. Who woulda thought knocking off upkeeps might be useful into Stryker1. I made a few positioning errors this game, I kept my lights too close to the front line. Since both Grenadiers and Minutemen threat 15"+, there was no reason for them to have been vulnerable to my opponent running stuff into the clouds and knocking it down. If I had had fully functional Minutemen top of 3, attrition would have descended quickly in my favor. Anastasia is again MVP, getting me that key first turn and killing a Stormblade WA/CA or two. Minutemen still really hurt even without cortexes.

I think this list is a really solid all comers list. I haven't run it into anything too brutal yet, but it's handled a wide range of stuff so far, from dudespam to double colossal. Irusk2 might be a problem, but even without blast damage I can still generate a good number of attacks a turn and there's a slim chance I could always Repudiate off Solid Ground. I also don't want to see a Legion gunline. Basically I need to come up with a list that can handle those two things to pair this with, and I think I'll be doing all right. If nothing else this list has crazy assassination potential too.
    Last edited by dur3ndal; 01-25-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Interesting list for sure, and minutemen have always been a favourite
    Impressively average