- Ironclad [12]
    Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
    Ragman [4]
    Lieutenant Allison Jakes [4]
    - Grenadier [9]
    - Grenadier [9]
    Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
    Anastasia di Bray [3]

So the jist is to jam the list full of cheap models that punch above their weight class for points - primarily our cheap lights and a pair of Ironclads.

Minutemen - So versatile. There's loose focus around to hand out boosts to their trivially RAT 10 guns ( Temp Dist + Back Arc ) combined with auto-hitting tech, janky assassination angles that Haley3 loves, and all that jazz. Going to DEF 16 is huge, and operating behind a cloud wall skews up their survivability too. I don't think there's much they can't handle with Ragman around, and they're economical about it.

Ironclads - 14/18 PS 20 for 12 points, MAT 9. They're the closers for the list. Late game anchors who sweep out the trash and crack the super hard stuff.

Grenadiers - They do so much damage. More than a stormwall to anything but ARM 20+. Combine that with the sheer insanity of all of that blast damage. Even if they get jammed up, if you load them up they can do work with 4 attacks at MAT 8 PS 15 with Temp Dist + Ragman). I brought Jakes because she can feed both while being reasonably safe 8" behind the trenchers behind the smoke wall. Arcing Fire is an amazing rule.

Thoughts? I wouldn't drop it into a Legion gunline, but short of that I feel relatively solid about this into most anything.

Edit - Small tweak - Considering I was only bringing the Squire for the extra focus more than anything, I dropped him for Arlan who can do that while providing additional utility. This left me with 3 points, which became Anastasia because getting 1st turn is really nice for unpacking the smoke wall.
    Last edited by dur3ndal; 01-11-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Any opinions are mine, take them with a big chunk of Himalayan sea salt.

The objective is to win, the point is to have fun.

I think this looks really solid. Arlan is slightly more dangerous since Haley can't camp extra focus, but he will last longer and the magic weapon is really crucial in certain match ups. Ragman and Ironclad's do work. Trenchers with Revive is a legit tarpit.

I feel like Thorn is too good though, Haley just has too many great spells and it opens up more assassination vectors. I'd drop Arlan and a Minuteman for him.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrogenator View Post
    I think this looks really solid. Arlan is slightly more dangerous since Haley can't camp extra focus, but he will last longer and the magic weapon is really crucial in certain match ups. Ragman and Ironclad's do work. Trenchers with Revive is a legit tarpit.

I feel like Thorn is too good though, Haley just has too many great spells and it opens up more assassination vectors. I'd drop Arlan and a Minuteman for him.
    I hear you, and I definitely wish I had 13 more points in the list. There are a few reasons I'd say I'd prefer Arlan + Minuteman in this list -

1) Saturation - Minutemen are a warjack that I think benefit greatly from being brought en masse. They're fragile bringers of havoc, and having 3 usually means 1 or 2 last through the entire game without too much issue.

2) Turn in turn out performance - a Minuteman + Arlan are going to contribute to attrition turn in, turn out. Thorn opens up angles on some turns, but will have turns he isn't an active contributor. I think a Minuteman will hit harder and do more damage on average. Arlan has a ton of utility, and I just am not fully sold on needing the extra angles for Force Hammer because of reason 3 -

3) Assassination Angles - While Thorn gives some options for arcing Force Hammer, and maybe occasionally ghost walk, the Minutemen can open up a ton of angles too via their power attack and jump shenanigans. Often more favorable angles, as well. With 11" non-linear movement including a place effect, it's not unreasonable for minuteman to throw a medium or small based warcaster TOWARDS the rest of the army (as opposed to slamming them potentially out of range of your guns), and then another minuteman can hop in, back stop the warcaster while double tapping him. Assuming the warcaster is still alive, now you've got an almost guaranteed 5d6 Force Hammer from slamming the warcaster into the Minuteman followed up by all of the rest of the pain your army is bringing.

Thorn is an amazing warjack, and he actually is a good attrition piece at 15/18 POW 16 with set defense, but I'm leaning towards MOAR JUMPACKS.

This list looks like so much fun, and really seems like what I want out of a haley3 list anyway. Have you put it on the table yet? I'd love to hear how it works in practice!
    Currently trying in MK3: Siegecrawler. Work, damn you, work!
    My Armies: Dino-Skorne, Cygnar Seaguard

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by cavebaby View Post
    This list looks like so much fun, and really seems like what I want out of a haley3 list anyway. Have you put it on the table yet? I'd love to hear how it works in practice!
    Not yet, hopefully this weekend or Tuesday at the latest. I'm pretty excited. I got 3 minutemen for Kraye in Mk2, I needed to find some way to use them in Mk3 and frankly this actually looks pretty legit.

I really want to hate this but cannot do so.
    The game is good.
    The B13 are fine
    Listen to the Storm Chamber

Grenadiers - They do so much damage. More than a stormwall to anything but ARM 20+. Combine that with the sheer insanity of all of that blast damage. Even if they get jammed up, if you load them up they can do work with 4 attacks at MAT 8 PS 15 with Temp Dist + Ragman). I brought Jakes because she can feed both while being reasonably safe 8" behind the trenchers behind the smoke wall. Arcing Fire is an amazing rule.
    One observation. Jakes cannot load the Grenadiers, as she is not a trencher model. Unless by feed you mean "give focus to." Other than that, looks fun.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by thesavage View Post
    One observation. Jakes cannot load the Grenadiers, as she is not a trencher model. Unless by feed you mean "give focus to." Other than that, looks fun.
    I do indeed mean give focus. Haley3 has plenty of spare focus on many turns, especially with no go to revive target, but feeding 5 focus hungry lights AND potentially Ironclads is a bit much of a strain. Plus if one Grenadier goes down Jakes can toss Sidekick on the other and make it a truly obnoxious DEF 18 to shooting and melee.